Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

My Worst Fears About Messi's Injuries!! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / My Worst Fears About Messi's Injuries!! (550 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo’s Son Asks His Grandmother About Messi. Her Response Is Epic! / 8 Horrifying Sports Injuries You've To See To Believe (warning Disturbing Pics) / Ronaldo-i Would Be In Prison If I Say What I Think About Messi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Worst Fears About Messi's Injuries!! by IBnatty(m): 7:52am On Aug 23, 2013
On Wednesday night, It was really sad to see Messi limp off at half time in the first leg of Spanish Super Cup against Atletico Madrid. I am not the only one that was uncomfortable, Camera showed faces of thousands of 'good football lovers' wearing worried expression at the sight of a limping Messi. I could tell what was running through their minds.. Hamstring again?

Towards the end of 2012/2013 campaign, he missed a handful of games and didn't start or complete a few because of a nagging hamstring strain. People who know Messi from way back will affirm that he enjoys a season free campaign often. As a matter of fact since 2008-2009 a case of a long-term injury or reoccuring injury can't be found any where in his career profile. What is happening now?.

Messi is 26 now, young,strong and fit but about 14 years ago, Messi was anything but strong and fit. His I69cm height today is seen as a feat for anyone whose condition could only permit a height of giant midget. Barcelona picked him up and enhanced his physique and stamina through medical science.

Though Barcelona's medical enhancement couldn't give Messi the ideal athletic physique nature denied him, but a combination of a natural gift of a rare ability to do 'merlin things' in the soccer pitch has earned him the first spot in the league of greatest footballers ever.

Before the Guardiola era, Messi had incessant injury woes, again Barcelona wielded their scepter of Medical Science, this time, they placed him on special fitness program, special diet and management. Once again it paid off, infact Messi became the best. Besides avoiding a serious bruise since 2008/2009 season, he has played at least 50 games per season bangin more goals than the number of appearance he has made since the last two campaigns. Now his days of injury are here again and I am asking..

Has the special programs designed for Messi no more working?

Is the efficacy of medical enhancement taking a negative toll on our best player 14 years down the line.

Is Barcelona's lab no more functioning at full capacity?.

Is this how this great footballer is destined to toe the inevitable 'downward slope' of his glorious career.

On the aside, Messi is indeed a good player but no matter how good he is, he can't be better than Pato.. in injuries.
Re: My Worst Fears About Messi's Injuries!! by nerodenero: 8:25am On Aug 23, 2013
It is worrisome seeing Messi limp off the field but I dont think it has anything to do with science or a failed Barca lab,rather I think nothing last forever.Inasmuch as I think Messi' era has not gone but it is a matter of time before he slows down.The future will determine how far the midget can go but as for his fans which I'm one of them,we can only wish that before the downward trend sets in,he would clock atleast mid 30s.Wishing him quick recovery because he is vital if Barca would win any trophy this season.
Re: My Worst Fears About Messi's Injuries!! by IBnatty(m): 11:27am On Aug 23, 2013
My dear, Barcelona really needs Messi but they need to do something about hîs health pronto.

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Close In On Willian / Van Persie Loves P-square's Music / Seems We Gonna Have A 2022 Winter World Cup :-\

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.