Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,461 members, 7,854,025 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 09:41 AM

How Real Madrid Fell For Tottenham's Scam - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How Real Madrid Fell For Tottenham's Scam (706 Views)

MADRID In A Tight Bid For Tottenham Midfielder !!! Guess Who? / Osimhen Dismisses rumours Of Signing For Tottenham / Agent Dismisses Reports Victor Osimhen Has Signed For Tottenham Hotspurs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Real Madrid Fell For Tottenham's Scam by Sportunes: 8:53am On Aug 23, 2013
It has to be a joke. A real good joke coming out of Madrid. Gareth Bale has joined Real Madrid for a reported fee of £93 million from Tottenham Hotspurs, a new world record fee to smash that of Cristiano Ronaldo's £80 million move from Man Utd to the Spanish capital. For all intents and purposes, I think Florentino Perez has finally lost it.

Don't get me wrong. Bale is definitely a talented player who has the ability to turn a game single- handedly to his teams favour. When Spurs competed in their maiden season in the Champions League, we all saw what he was capable of, scoring a hat- trick against Inter Milan and disgraced Maicon who at the time was the best right back in the world. The former Southampton man who started as a left full back was converted to a left winger under Harry Redknapp and Harry Houdini as he is fondly called waved his magic wand to great effect.

The Wolverine look alike since then has developed into a world class winger who defenders are terrified of and surely Bale's best season was the 2012\2013 campaign where he scored a total of 26 goals, 21 in the league. He was the main propeller for Tottenham's push for a top four finish and even though they finished 5th, Bale certainly proved himself and the FA thought so as well awarding him the PFA player of the year and PFA young player of the year. What a player eh? Still not worth £50 million in my opinion.

One thing is clear. Madrid need to make a Galatico signing to rival that of Barcelona's which arrived in the frame of Neymar. The Brazilian joined from Santos for €57 ( a rather high fee) Carlo Ancellotti demanded Bale as his No1 target and Florentino Perez promised him the Welshman. When Cristiano moved for £80million in 2009, it seemed crazy at the time, Not so crazy as the Portuguese recouped the money for Madrid instantly and hasn't stopped scoring since the word GO!. His goal scoring record reads 201 goals in 199 appearances.

He is well on his way to become a Madrid Legend and has justified his hefty transfer fee. Ronaldo was a tested and trusted player at the time he moved from United. He had won the league and champions league with United scoring goals for fun along the way. Bale has not won a single trophy since he was born. Why spend so much on a player that hasn't had a huge role in a title winning team?

The Gareth Bale I know has the tendency to switch off in big games and playing for Madrid is not the same as playing for Spurs. It is a completely different atmosphere, a much more demnading one where the fans are impatient and a bad game is seen as a taboo.

Can he live with that? Can he perform at the highest level week in week out? I don't think so. A good season is not enough for him to command such an insane price on the market. Daniel Levy must be praised for getting fantastic deals for his players and even he must think Madrid must be insane for coughing up such an amount. I'm afraid Madrid signed Bale for the wrong reasons and even though he is good, I'm sorry but no player is worth €105 million. Its just insane!!!

For your breaking and smashing sport news and as e dey hot sport gists.. visit http://sportunes91..com/2013/08/93-million-for-bale-you-gotta-be.html and lets flow on twitter @Sportunes90
Re: How Real Madrid Fell For Tottenham's Scam by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 23, 2013
op r u an arsenal fan?
Re: How Real Madrid Fell For Tottenham's Scam by Nobody: 10:05am On Aug 23, 2013
Don't believe the news that a deal has been agreed on is true. Nevertheless, judging from current negotiations, i think madrid has lost it. Personally i don't even think bale is worth £40m, to think that any club would cough up that amount (almost £100m) for a single player who's not even the world footballer of the year is insane.
Re: How Real Madrid Fell For Tottenham's Scam by binhozie(m): 11:53am On Aug 23, 2013
Dude 57 million euros is not high for neymar.

(1) (Reply)

Ivory Coast Slaying Senegal 3-1 / Nigeria Vs Sweden Fifa U17 Final Match [8th November 2013] / Man Utd VS Arsenal (MATCH PREVIEW).. who is going to win ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.