Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,845 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 PM

Court Orders Student To Pay Fiancée N80,000 For ‘using’ Her - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Court Orders Student To Pay Fiancée N80,000 For ‘using’ Her (410 Views)

Unizik Loses 500Level Medical Student To Death After Gas Explosion / Trailer Crushes LAUTECH Student To Death (Graphic Photos) / See What A Professor Told A Final Year Student To Do (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Court Orders Student To Pay Fiancée N80,000 For ‘using’ Her by ankpask10(m): 10:39am On Aug 23, 2013
Court Orders Student To Pay Fiancée N80,000 For ‘Using’ Her - See more at: http://salisupolitics..com/2013/08/court-orders-student-to-pay-fiancee.html#sthash.47WBe8Ep.dpuf
Re: Court Orders Student To Pay Fiancée N80,000 For ‘using’ Her by ayobase(m): 11:03am On Aug 23, 2013
source: Court Orders Student To Pay Fiancée N80,000 For ‘Using’ Her
The Upper Area Court II, Gombe, has ordered David, a 25-year-old, undergraduate to pay the sum of N80,000 to his fiancée,
talkofnaija Binta Williams, as part of claims for the ‘damages’ which he inflicted on her within the two years in which they co-habited as lovers.

Williams had accused David as having “camped and used” her for almost two years in his room, while promising to marry her. The accused, confessed that he impregnated Binta twice and aborted the pregnancies, while promising to marry her, but had pled with her that she would have to wait for him to graduate within three years.

Williams revealed to the court that the accused had harassed her and thrown her belongings away, telling her that the “relationship is over,” and that despite all her efforts to resolve issues, he did not want to see her again. Williams also said that she had reported him to the nearest police station for them to be reconciled.
“He used and dumped me, after sleeping with me for quite long; he said he would marry me, but he didn’t. Now, I am claiming damages of humanity,” Wiliams told the court.

Binta prayed the court to make David pay her the sum of N500,000 for the damages, but the judge, Alhaji Salihu Baffa, advisedly ruled that the accused pay her the above mentioned amount.

where is coogar?

what do you say of the judge?

funny though, but serious.......exploitation!

(1) (Reply)

PDP Faction / ASUU Strike Which One Need Urgent Attention? / Unizik Direct-entry & Diploma Forms Now On Sale / NOV/DEC NECO Is Out Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.