Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Gear Jerks In Reverse Or In Drive - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gear Jerks In Reverse Or In Drive (754 Views)

Plz Help!!! My Car Jerks In Traffic / Alert: Car Suddenly Jerks With Intermittent Blinking CEL! / Car Jerks When Put In Gear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gear Jerks In Reverse Or In Drive by laluski(m): 3:40am On Aug 24, 2013
Hello,
My 94' camry jerks when ever in reverse or in drive and has become a bit more pronounced of late.may I know the problem and possible solution please.also can it be due to ECM problem posted by earthrealm awhile back.
A mechanic said its the engine seat.
Tnx
Re: Gear Jerks In Reverse Or In Drive by laluski(m): 8:37am On Aug 24, 2013
Pls anyone there.I need your views please
Re: Gear Jerks In Reverse Or In Drive by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:30am On Aug 24, 2013
laluski: Hello,
My 94' camry jerks when ever in reverse or in drive and has become a bit more pronounced of late.may I know the problem and possible solution please.also can it be due to ECM problem posted by earthrealm awhile back.
Tnx

have you checked the basic oil level and changing the oil aka Service
Re: Gear Jerks In Reverse Or In Drive by laluski(m): 11:37am On Aug 24, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

have you checked the basic oil level and changing the oil aka Service

Yes I have
Re: Gear Jerks In Reverse Or In Drive by cardoctor(m): 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2013
Tnx
Re: Gear Jerks In Reverse Or In Drive by cardoctor(m): 1:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
Tnx

Your car will require a thorough physical examination of the engine and gearbox mountings before a conclusion would be made on a possible gearbox fault or ecm.

That's the first step and it may not be easily diagnosed on this forum and end up with so many unnecessary suggestions that may throw you off the track. Check the mountings first.

Car-Doctor.
Re: Gear Jerks In Reverse Or In Drive by laluski(m): 3:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
car-doctor:

Your car will require a thorough physical examination of the engine and gearbox mountings before a conclusion would be made on a possible gearbox fault or ecm.

That's the first step and it may not be easily diagnosed on this forum and end up with so many unnecessary suggestions that may throw you off the track. Check the mountings first.

Car-Doctor.

Tnx so much.I'll have my mechanic check for what you said.another thing are u in lagos and can I have ur number if u are.tnx

(1) (Reply)

Hummeration / Land Rover Airfilometer Problem / I Wanna Buy Mobil 1 5W-20 Synthetic Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.