Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,009 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? (4312 Views)

136 Christians Convert To Islam In Kwara State / Video Of Pastor Caught Pants Down Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman / Pastor Caught Pants Down While Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman.. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by twinstaiye(m): 10:24am On Jun 01, 2006
emmie4j:

yeah exactly my point!!!!! so its ok to blow people up because they "insulted" your religion?? So u value your perception of what is an insult or not to human life shocked,,,,,u guys make me sick!!!!!!

And yeah,,,,,am sure u have never been in a situation where u rejected something and later accepted it. SO u tell them u are a muslim right? well yeah smartass!!! thats why they want to convert u, if u were a christian then there will not be a need for them to try ro do that!!!! got it?? Duh! this is economics 101, u persuade people to get what they do not have, not what they already have!!!!!at least u have learnt something today!
What is this guy talking about? are you writing english here?
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by bolex(m): 10:27am On Jun 01, 2006
My people perish because of lack of knowldge

lack of knowledge aka ignorance

You see someone to give you the knowledge you lack and you acting like you got  what it takes

shio

na una sabi

No be by force to enter heaven
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by Orikinla(m): 10:47am On Jun 01, 2006
The person who started this thread is only looking for attention.

From the tone of her responses so far, one cannot be fooled that she is just a jive turkey.
Why did she insult Bolex?

PLEASE, WHEN YOU ARE ONLINE, TRY TO HAVE SOME COMPANY MANNERS.

If you see or meet many members of Nairaland in flesh and blood, you would be to intimidated to even talk to them. So, don't abuse the privilege given to you to exercise your freedom of speech and turn it into freedom of abuse.

I have ignored Nigerian forums until I joined Nairaland, because I respect Seun. But if people who lack the discipline for public decorum come online to insult others, they should be disciplined. Because, we don't want another "Papermoon" here.

There are many members of Nairaland who are not Nigerians and they are harassed and embarrassed by such insolent characters or fringe elements.

I invite my buddies from America, Europe, Australia and Asia to visit Nairaland and they have been doing so. And I want us to show that we are not vagabonds online. We cannot continue to tolerate any pubic nuisance to rubbish the image of Nigeria in the global village. Because, one of the reasons why I am online is to redeem the battered image of Nigeria.
PLEASE, NO INSOLENCE HERE.

God bless you.    

N.B:
A public nuisance is an interference with the common right of the general public or an indefinite number of persons; an unreasonable interference with the health, safety, peace, or comfort of the community.
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by zarah(f): 11:16am On Jun 01, 2006
YOU ARE SO PATHETIC EMMY4JESUS.
PLS TRY LISTENING TO URSELF.
BLOODY FANATIC.
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by Rottweiler(m): 11:21am On Jun 01, 2006
MissEniola:

When I was young,

How old are you now?

I used to think christianity was a cult,

Now that you are an adult what do you think christianity is?

them people walking around with pamphlets used to scare the chit out of me,

Why were you scared? Were you possessed?

there was this particular dude by the mountain of fire church, always waiting for me when im walking back from school. I used to take off my shoes and run whenever I got to the area and he would run after me while his fellow brothers hailed him “catch her catch her” any passerby would think I was the demon and they were trying cure me or something.

Are you sure they were not trying to rape you? The story doesn't make sense

[quote ]
however way I choose to live my life is between me and my God, I don’t need any middle man neither muhammed nor jesus to get to God period.
[quote][/quote]

Obviously you don't need any Mohammed or Jesus 'cos your god is right there in your room, DEAD! With all the incantations and libation, there hasn't been a response. You sure he's still gonna answer?
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by aloib(f): 11:32am On Jun 01, 2006
soe people dey play wid fire, hmmmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by Skidoc(m): 11:46am On Jun 01, 2006
aloib:

soe people dey play wid fire, hmmmmm lipsrsealed

Lol, the fiery one might end up being the one to get burnt.
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by zarah(f): 11:56am On Jun 01, 2006
try listening to urself, u r talking through ur arse. u bloody fanatic.
emmy4jesus abi? and i am the opressor. du;uh.

i do not expect you to have respect for other peoples religions or choices afterall you dont even respect urs.

i will not force my religion down anyone's throat, so no one should force his down mine, i will not preach to you so dont preach  to me, i will never insult ur god so dont ever insult mine, if i do insult ur god i will accept watever you choose to do to me afterall i made the choice. now if you insult mine it should be my choice to punish you however i want to.

isn't this rule just simple enuf for all of us?
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by emmie4j(m): 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2006
zarah:

try listening to yourself, you're talking through your arse. u bloody fanatic.
emmy4jesus abi? and i am the opressor. du;uh.

i do not expect you to have respect for other peoples religions or choices afterall you don't even respect urs.

i will not force my religion down anyone's throat, so no one should force his down mine, i will not preach to you so don't preach  to me, i will never insult your God so don't ever insult mine, if i do insult your God i will accept watever you choose to do to me afterall i made the choice. now if you insult mine it should be my choice to punish you however i want to.

isn't this rule just simple enough for all of us?

Ohhhhh, somebody is starting to get upset!!!!!! lol, Ok we are getting somewhere here,,,,,,,,so u agree with me that muslims will blow people up for "insulting" their religion. First of all, talking to u about being a christian is not ramming anything down your throat, it will be the case if I put a gun to your head and tell u to accept it or die,,,,,,or to try to kill u for renouncing islam, just like your brethren do in Afghanistan. SO again I ask u,,,,,,,who is better? the Person who talks to u about their faith or those who pass laws to force u to respect their religious sensitivites and kill u if u "insult" their religion? ANswer the damn question and stp beating around the bush!!!!! Who is better!!!!!

My Initial point was that the comparison of christianity with islam(mohamedians), by the person who started this thread is insulting and degrading to christians like myself who will never force people to respect my sensibilites
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by lioness(f): 12:30pm On Jun 01, 2006
@ eniola

i have been reading.

Personally, i think she's a very rude bitch & i don't want to see any bitches up in heaven  angry angry
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by emmie4j(m): 12:34pm On Jun 01, 2006
lioness:

i have been reading.

Personally, i think she's a very rude bitch & i don't want to see any bitches up in heaven angry angry

Me neither!!!!

She does sound like Zarah tho tongue
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by babymine(f): 12:55pm On Jun 01, 2006
Are Zarah and Eniola related? They sound alike and they are both new. cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by twinstaiye(m): 1:20pm On Jun 01, 2006
emmie4j:

SO again I ask u,,,,,,,who is better? the Person who talks to u about their faith or those who pass laws to force u to respect their religious sensitivites and kill u if u "insult" their religion? ANswer the damn question and stp beating around the bush!!!!! Who is better!!!!!

My Initial point was that the comparison of christianity with islam(mohamedians), by the person who started this thread is insulting and degrading to christians like myself who will never force people to respect my sensibilites
I for one don't and I have no inclination to insult other people's religion, even at the point of luvadevil's rude and wicked assertion about islam in another thread, I still maintain my cool. However, it bothers so much especially when you are at the receiving end to see your relgion being mocked by some people in this forum. I wont blame the starter of this thread much, not because I am a muslim like herself, but because a lot of our christians in here lack decorum when posting their posts especially about Islam. A lot of christians knew less about Islam, and where some decided to be knoeledgeable, they do it in anti islam way. When you refutes what they write about Islam, thereby correcting the bad impressions they have about islam, they still stuck with their brainwashed ideas. Isnt that degrading and demoralising?
If we are here to criticise other peoples religion, it wont work, as we are not the same character wise, some people don't have the pit to swallow insult at any slightest opportunity.
Now, I will use your post above as an example, Islam is not (Mohammedanism), but Islam, but you still go ahead and call it Mohammediasm, isnt that offensive, provocative and insultive?
Islam especially in this modern day, do not indulge or ask people to join islam by force, that is not a correct notion about Islam. Afghanistan that you mentioned above is a third world country and they are under oppression, and you will agree with me that if any third world country had any problem with the super powers, it is the worst for it, because the superpowers control the media propaganda. Have you ever for once got any version of the news of Afghanistan? No, never, you can't get it. So the information you may have about what is happening in Afghanistan is one sided.
Like someone said elsewhere, all religion has its own flaws, don't pretend christianity is perfect. Let us maintain decorum in here as Orikinla demanded, and I hope it starts if we are tolerance, religious wise.
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by nairamar(m): 1:27pm On Jun 01, 2006
It's rather strange that we easily divide society by the manner of worship ie. Christian, Muslim etc instead of recognising that we all believe and worship the same Creator.

If I were to ask you "Do you believe in One God ?" Your answer will surely be "Yes" or even "Of Course"

So why do we then separate This One God into several ?

Your acceptance of One God, automatically makes you a Christian and also is the criterion for becoming a Muslim.

Another concern of mine is the Word God is English and The word Allah is Arabic, so obviously we Nigerians must accept that the Word Oludumare in Yoruba is equally important to us as well as Igbo and Hausa words too.

All of the issues and concerns we have are all borne out of language and translation and more importantly acceptance, so don't lose sleep over issues of religious differences.

As the saying goes, "You can't win an argument with a fool, because he has lots of experience at being foolish and will win by experience(sic)"

Enjoy
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by bolex(m): 1:34pm On Jun 01, 2006
Rhodalyn:

now bolex i take that to be real insulting! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry what the fxxking hell was that Supposed to mean?? huh?? Mr. i know it all because im sooo matured angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

You always welcomed

grin

Now , that will teach not to go off-topic especially in important threads

cool

How old are you again , I just gave you ma 17th cent

grin
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:37pm On Jun 01, 2006
@$$hole
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by emmie4j(m): 1:40pm On Jun 01, 2006
twinstaiye:

I for one don't and I have no inclination to insult other people's religion, even at the point of luvadevil's rude and wicked assertion about islam in another thread, I still maintain my cool. However, it bothers so much especially when you are at the receiving end to see your relgion being mocked by some people in this forum. I wont blame the starter of this thread much, not because I am a muslim like herself, but because a lot of our christians in here lack decorum when posting their posts especially about Islam. A lot of christians knew less about Islam, and where some decided to be knoeledgeable, they do it in anti islam way. When you refutes what they write about Islam, thereby correcting the bad impressions they have about islam, they still stuck with their brainwashed ideas. Isnt that degrading and demoralising?
If we are here to criticise other peoples religion, it wont work, as we are not the same character wise, some people don't have the pit to swallow insult at any slightest opportunity.
Now, I will use your post above as an example, Islam is not (Mohammedanism), but Islam, but you still go ahead and call it Mohammediasm, isnt that offensive, provocative and insultive?
Islam especially in this modern day, do not indulge or ask people to join islam by force, that is not a correct notion about Islam. Afghanistan that you mentioned above is a third world country and they are under oppression, and you will agree with me that if any third world country had any problem with the super powers, it is the worst for it, because the superpowers control the media propaganda. Have you ever for once got any version of the news of Afghanistan? No, never, you can't get it. So the information you may have about what is happening in Afghanistan is one sided.
Like someone said elsewhere, all religion has its own flaws, don't pretend christianity is perfect. Let us maintain decorum in here as Orikinla demanded, and I hope it starts if we are tolerance, religious wise.

ok,,,,so all the accusations made about Islam are all false right?? they don't kill muslims for converting to other faiths right?, Mohamed did not marry and f*ck a nine year old right? they did not want want to kill the afghan tha converted to christianity right? they allow people of other faiths to practice their faith in islamic countries right? U guys see women as equals and allow them to do everything u allow your sons to do right?? U do not impose sharia laws on people in muslim states in Nigeria right??
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by emmie4j(m): 1:42pm On Jun 01, 2006
bolex:

You always welcomed

grin

Now , that will teach not to go off-topic especially in important threads

cool

How old are you again , I just gave you ma 17th cent

grin

I wonder what u are doing in England a land developed by infidels?why don't u join ur brethren in kabul,,,,,,ewu
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:44pm On Jun 01, 2006
lol grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by bluenubian(f): 1:45pm On Jun 01, 2006
why do we have to call each other names and attack each other jus by voicing our opinion. i jus know that if u come and preach to me and am jus niot ready to listen, maybe i have to take a crapper or something, ill tell u nicely jus once and if u dont listen to me, be ready for my wrath, cause no preacher ( well except Jesus himself) stands between me and my toilet
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by bluenubian(f): 1:47pm On Jun 01, 2006
now y'all leave my baby alone
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by twinstaiye(m): 1:48pm On Jun 01, 2006
nairamar:

As the saying goes, "You can't win an argument with a fool, because he has lots of experience at being foolish and will win by experience(sic)"

Enjoy

No need I say anything more! Orikinla, you were preaching decorum, what do you say to this people's attitude
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by Rhodalyn(f): 1:49pm On Jun 01, 2006
lol, blue, divorce bolex cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by Orikinla(m): 2:28pm On Jun 01, 2006
No need I say anything more! Orikinla, you were preaching decorum, what do you say to this people's attitude

Twinstaiye,
I am disappointed.

I am out of here.

My babe is a Muslim and even behind her veil, she is winking at me to leave this thread. grin

Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by MissEniola(f): 2:46pm On Jun 01, 2006
@emmie4j
youre right, i dont want to hear your idea, take it, oil it up to prepare it for smooth entry then shove it so far up ur anus that u can practically feel it in ur oesophagus, when ur done, slap ur english teacher and return all his "comas" ,,,,,,,,,,,

@Orikinla
i am an attention LovePeddler, thanK you for your attention, i guess i deserved it afterall

@lioness
Calling me a rude bitch is not an insult because i am a rude bitch

The rest of you idiots yarnin dust need to read my disclaimer, as long as this is my thread, only my opinion matters
If you have a smart ass comment to make, open your thread or start a blog
This is a WHY thread, answer it with a BECAUSE without questioning my choice, if you lack comprehension skills, keep on barking

On the other hand, I commend the intelligent few that have attempted to explain why, im not yet satisfied with the answers yet but im sure with a few more comments, ill be able to filter through the trash and find my answer cos more than half of the ppl in this thread are alarmingly illiterate
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by lioness(f): 2:56pm On Jun 01, 2006
@ eniola

Duh! Whoever said it was an insult. tongue

@ Seun, i hope u see wats goin on in here,
dont go sendin 'em rules & regu to me when i get all wild and nasty.
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by EddyTells(m): 3:24pm On Jun 01, 2006
ehhmmm Eniola,

Y u go just make thread begin to dey curse people anyhow.
U think say u be bad bitch and u fit take out pple huh?
Take am easy o. No be so life be.
We plenty here wey get REAL HOT BAD mouth.
oK, SO DONT GO DISSING PPLE
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by MrBean(m): 3:35pm On Jun 01, 2006
MissEniola:

more than half of the people in this thread are alarmingly illiterate

Hmmmh you wonder why. Maybe its because the thread starter is one herself.
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by bolex(m): 4:27pm On Jun 01, 2006
MissEniola:

The rest of you idiots yarnin dust need to read my disclaimer, as long as this is my thread, only my opinion matters

you are dumb

why did you attack me for ma opinion

cos you think you not good enough for heaven I guess

by the way

before you talk

you are new on this site

see what things we have done to help improve the site

you dumb bitch

yer . . . I said it

mugu

mumu
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by Skidoc(m): 4:32pm On Jun 01, 2006
MissEniola:

@emmie4j
youre right, i don't want to hear your idea, take it, oil it up to prepare it for smooth entry then shove it so far up your anus that u can practically feel it in your oesophagus, when your done, slap your english teacher and return all his "comas" ,,,,,,,,,,,

@Orikinla
i am an attention LovePeddler, thanK you for your attention, i guess i deserved it afterall

@lioness
Calling me a rude bitch is not an insult because i am a rude bitch

This is a WHY thread, answer it with a BECAUSE without questioning my choice, if you lack comprehension skills, keep on barking

On the other hand, I commend the intelligent few that have attempted to explain why, im not yet satisfied with the answers yet but im sure with a few more comments, ill be able to filter through the trash and find my answer because more than half of the people in this thread are alarmingly illiterate

Upbringing matters a lot. This is the kind of social misfit you get when you neglect a retarded baby and watch her grow into an uncultured, uncouth and unrefined young lady.
Re: Why Are Christians Always Trying To Convert You? by Seun(m): 4:42pm On Jun 01, 2006
Leave my third wife alone! grin

(1) (2)

God And Men Of God Of The Bible Are Pedophilia / I'm Establishing an Ifa Temple! / Help, Give Me Ideas On How To Start A Charity Organization.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.