Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,021 members, 7,953,053 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:57 AM

Investigating Atheiem - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Investigating Atheiem (841 Views)

Investigating The Nigerian God / Atheists: Capable Of Investigating The World, But So Slow To Find Its Master. / Don’t Marry Without Investigating – Pastor Ruth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investigating Atheiem by mumumugu(m): 3:59pm On Aug 24, 2013
Investigating Atheism

After spying on the section, I decided to take it a bit further. I just need to understand the atheist stand point more. I am looking for honest answers on the below questions. Also take time to reallythink of the answers before you start answering.

1. Where do you come from?
2. What is your purpose on earth?
3. Does life have a meaning?
4. What is just and fair for you?
5. God forbids, if your child is murdered and the person is never caught and brought to justice, how would you handle it, seeing that life has no meaning and we are just here on earht to live and die. Where would you get justice from?
6. An intelligent, thinking child brought up by atheist parents becomes a Christian how do you respond? Oh and becomes preacher and starts a new church, would you say your child has a problem?
7. What about all the injustice in the world that goes by unreported, where must everyone else get justice from?
8. How do you answer your own child that is searching for meaning and purpose in life?
9. Why does research, discovery, diplomacy, art, music, sacrifice, compassion, feelings of love, or affectionate and caring relationships mean anything if it all ultimately comes to naught anyway?
10. Is death the end of life?
Re: Investigating Atheiem by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 24, 2013
Great thread... Space booked,, tongue
Re: Investigating Atheiem by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 24, 2013
Atheist, the ball is now in your court.
Re: Investigating Atheiem by Nobody: 4:55pm On Aug 24, 2013
FrostyZonn: Atheist, the ball is now in your court.
Lol, like whatever answers we give are meant to impress you... undecided
Re: Investigating Atheiem by Nobody: 5:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
musKeeto:
Lol, like whatever answers we give are meant to impress you... undecided

Of course! Whatever gave you the impression it wouldn't?? The reason I opened a similar thread is no other reason than to understand atheism and the way it works.
Re: Investigating Atheiem by MrTroll(m): 5:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
@op, your questions are loaded questions, full of prior assumptions.

They are not honest seeking questions. I doubt anybody will take you serious...

1 Like

Re: Investigating Atheiem by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2013
musKeeto: Great thread... Space booked,, tongue

yerp.
and I am waiting on logicboy's response. cheesy
this ought to be good. grin
Re: Investigating Atheiem by turnstoner(m): 5:08pm On Aug 24, 2013
mumumugu: Investigating Atheism

After spying on the section, I decided to take it a bit further. I just need to understand the atheist stand point more. I am looking for honest answers on the below questions. Also take time to reallythink of the answers before you start answering.

YES lipsrsealed
Re: Investigating Atheiem by Nobody: 5:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
Mr Troll: @op, your questions are loaded questions, full of prior assumptions.

It seems honest enough from where I'm sitting.
Re: Investigating Atheiem by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
First your questions are deep and rather interesting. It's important that you realise atheism is not a religion, and as such each individual's views would differ. I speak for myself and from my experiences in life so far.

mumumugu:
Where do you come from?
To be honest, the question of man's origin is one I see would continue to be discussed as long as man continues to exist. Even if we eventually find our origin, we would seek to find the origin of our 'origin' and so on and so forth. No one knows to be honest. No one knows for sure. I reject religious texts as I view them as stories written by primitive men who had little idea or knowledge about the world.

mumumugu:
What is your purpose on earth?
For me, my purpose is self-defined. I do not believe in destiny. If I choose to be lazy and smoke weed all day, it would hamper my chances of living a comfortable live here on earth. I hope to be successful and mega-rich through hardwork and a bit of luck along the way.

mumumugu:
Does life have a meaning?
Some months back, after watching clips of animals devouring each other on Animal Planet, I concluded that life really has no meaning. Have fun, be happy, live life, and seek to improve your environment.. Our good actions might give hope to some other. Enjoy life while it lasts..

mumumugu:
What is just and fair for you?
Ambiguous question.

mumumugu:
God forbids, if your child is murdered and the person is never caught and brought to justice, how would you handle it, seeing that life has no meaning and we are just here on earht to live and die. Where would you get justice from?
Hard luck. NO JUSTICE. You could turn to Rambo and go search out whoever is responsible, or move on. Yeah, life's harsh..

mumumugu:
What about all the injustice in the world that goes by unreported, where must everyone else get justice from?
See above answer.

mumumugu:
How do you answer your own child that is searching for meaning and purpose in life?
Skip.

mumumugu:
Why does research, discovery, diplomacy, art, music, sacrifice, compassion, feelings of love, or affectionate and caring relationships mean anything if it all ultimately comes to naught anyway?
Because I'd rather enjoy the experience than dread the end... That's a much better way to live life.. Death shall come when it shall come.. No need to live fretting..

mumumugu:
Is death the end of life?
Lol.. is 'end of life' the end of life?

3 Likes

Re: Investigating Atheiem by Nobody: 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
Mr Troll: @op, your questions are loaded questions, full of prior assumptions.

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I did.
Re: Investigating Atheiem by frank317: 7:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
Nice one muskeeto, ur answers make sense to me.
Re: Investigating Atheiem by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 24, 2013
frank3.16:
Nice one muskeeto, ur answers make sense to me.
No p, man. how ya end?
Re: Investigating Atheiem by NoProphecy: 8:04pm On Aug 24, 2013
I am not an atheist, but I will reply to your questions completely without logical fallacy or special pleading.

Magic Genital Crabs.

My purpose is to glorify Magic Genital Crabs.

The meaning of life is to glorify Magic Genital Crabs so that I can become one after my human life ends.

Fair and just is whatever the Magic Genital Crabs say. They are much more wise that any human can ever be, so I don't question it.

5. God forbids, if your child is murdered and the person is never caught and brought to justice, how would you handle it, seeing that life has no meaning and we are just here on earht to live and die. Where would you get justice from?

Justice IS the Magic Genital Crabs. Therefore, there can be no justice or sense of justice apart from what comes from THEM. I would have great peace and comfort knowing that the Magic Genital Crabs will meter out justice in the end.

6. An intelligent, thinking child brought up by atheist parents becomes a Christian how do you respond? Oh and becomes preacher and starts a new church, would you say your child has a problem?

Any child that is taught from the moment that they can comprehend the glory of the Magic Genital Crabs and chooses not to follow upon adulthood is possessed by evil anal warts and should be disowned. The original WORD of the magic genital warts says that I should murder the child, but I choose to ignore these passages becuase they are not socially acceptable today.

7. What about all the injustice in the world that goes by unreported, where must everyone else get justice from?

Magic Genital Crabs ARE the only way to JUSTICE! Everything else is the work of the evil anal warts.

8. How do you answer your own child that is searching for meaning and purpose in life?

From the monent that they can comprehend, I would teach them the glory of the Magic Genital Crabs. My child would be smart enough to know that the meaning and purpose of life is Magic Genigal Crabs.

9. Why does research, discovery, diplomacy, art, music, sacrifice, compassion, feelings of love, or affectionate and caring relationships mean anything if it all ultimately comes to naught anyway?

All that matters is the Magic Genital Crabs and our quest to become one of them. Although all of the things you state (you left out sex. Why?) are enjoyed by humans, they ultimately get in the way of our glorification of the MGC's. The Magic Genital Crabs know this and are jealous and petty. We must walk a fine line between our base pleasures and glorification of the MGC's. If we are stong, our reward will be great.

Those who are faithful to and fearful of the Magic Genital Crabs will become a MGC and live on forever in a perfect world full of Magic Genital Crabs. Everyone else will be banished to suffer in the dark, dirty world of the evil anal warts.

I don't think any rational person can argue with these answers.

BTW, any errors in my text are the result of this forum's SW. It changes words that are basic English to rubbish.

3 Likes

Re: Investigating Atheiem by MrTroll(m): 8:17pm On Aug 24, 2013
musKeeto:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I did.
you try. Wait for the hare brained responses. . .

By the way, i like noprophecy's answers better. They are exactly what the OP needs.wink

1 Like

Re: Investigating Atheiem by Nobody: 8:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
Even though your post wasn't addressed to me, I felt the need to respond, since the original Poster is letting it be.

musKeeto: First your questions are deep and rather interesting. It's important that you realise atheism is not a religion, and as such each individual's views would differ. I speak for myself and from my experiences in life so far.

Okay.

musKeeto: To be honest, the question of man's origin is one I see would continue to be discussed as long as man continues to exist. Even if we eventually find our origin, we would seek to find the origin of our 'origin' and so on and so forth. No one knows to be honest. No one knows for sure. I reject religious texts as I view them as stories written by primitive men who had little idea or knowledge about the world.

Okay.

musKeeto: For me, my purpose is self-defined. I do not believe in destiny. If I choose to be lazy and smoke weed all day, it would hamper my chances of living a comfortable live here on earth. I hope to be successful and mega-rich through hardwork and a bit of luck along the way.

Okay.

musKeeto: Some months back, after watching clips of animals devouring each other on Animal Planet, I concluded that life really has no meaning. Have fun, be happy, live life, and seek to improve your environment.. Our good actions might give hope to some other. Enjoy life while it lasts..

Your logic is very flawed. Human beings like all specie and sub-specie under the yellow sun have a purpose. Without purpose, you wouldn't wake up in the morning, or eat or do anything. Without purpose, you are either a tree or inanimate object.

Saying that life has no meaning is like saying that the earth is flat, it's very absurd logic.

You might not realised this but by addressing this topic, you have given your life a momentarily purpose/meaning. The same applies to your daily routine and so on.

musKeeto: Ambiguous question.

Not really. Since life has no meaning for you, viewing this innocent question as ambiguous is inevitable.

To you, everything is black and white, no grey areas, cuz that will complicate everything, right?

musKeeto: Hard luck. NO JUSTICE. You could turn to Rambo and go search out whoever is responsible, or move on. Yeah, life's harsh..

Really? That simple? How I wish real life is as simple you painted. Apparently you have never witness any personal loss or you wouldn't be of this mindset.

So an extremist causing countless dead is nothing but meaningless, a child molested by a paedo is nothing but hard luck? No consequences whatsoever? Everything is black and white?

If every atheists thinks like you, then the world is in deep shît(pardon my French) if the whole populace turn to atheism.

musKeeto: See above answer.

Okay.

musKeeto: Skip.

Why skip? It's inevitable, you know? One day your child will ask you the one billion dollar question. Will you tell them to shut it or to simply skip it?

Hmmn...

musKeeto: Because I'd rather enjoy the experience than dread the end... That's a much better way to live life.. Death shall come when it shall come.. No need to live fretting...

Very irresponsible and dumb answer. God have mercy...

musKeeto: Lol.. is 'end of life' the end of life?

Just answer the darn question!
Re: Investigating Atheiem by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
FrostyZonn: Even though your post wasn't addressed to me, I felt the need to respond, since the original Poster is letting it be.

Okay.

Okay.

Okay.

Your logic is very flawed. Human beings like all specie and sub-specie under the yellow sun have a purpose. Without purpose, you wouldn't wake up in the morning, or eat or do anything. Without purpose, you are either a tree or inanimate object.

Saying that life has no meaning is like saying that the earth is flat, it's very absurd logic.

You might not realised this but by addressing this topic, you have given your life a momentarily purpose/meaning. The same applies to your daily routine and so on.

Not really. Since life has no meaning for you, viewing this innocent question as ambiguous is inevitable.

To you, everything is black and white, no grey areas, cuz that will complicate everything, right?

Really? That simple? How I wish real life is as simple you painted. Apparently you have never witness any personal loss or you wouldn't be of this mindset.

So an extremist causing countless dead is nothing but meaningless, a child molested by a paedo is nothing but hard luck? No consequences whatsoever? Everything is black and white?

If every atheists thinks like you, then the world is in deep shit(pardon my French) if the whole populace turn to atheism.

Okay.

Why skip? It's inevitable, you know? One day your child will ask you one billion dollar question. Will you tell them to shut it to simply skip it?

Hmmn...

Very irresponsible and dumb answer. God have mercy...

Just answer the darn question!

Mr. Troll was right after all.. You might consider defrosting your brain so you can comprehend my answers,...

5 Likes

Re: Investigating Atheiem by Nobody: 8:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
musKeeto:

Mr. Troll was right after all.. You might consider defrosting your brain so you can comprehend my answers,...

You really have no clue, do you? Everyone this days has an opinion even if they don't know jack.

*SMH*
Re: Investigating Atheiem by Nobody: 9:00pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sometimes, I wonder why I bother...

FrostyZonn:
Even though your post wasn't addressed to me, I felt the need to respond, since the original Poster is letting it be.
Honestly, I wish you had just ignored it...

FrostyZonn:
First of all, the sun is white not yellow. Are you saying trees that provide oxygen and fruits have no purpose? If they do, who determines this purpose? Do rats have a purpose too? bats? Lice? Fish?

FrostyZonn:

Bros, calm down.. And think.. How does this refute my earlier post? Purpose is self-defined...

FrostyZonn:
Not everything is black and white. A simple football game is a suitable example.. Is it good or evil to win a match in the closing stages by scoring a goal that's offside but undetected by the referee?

FrostyZonn:
If every atheists thinks like you, then the world is in deep shît(pardon my French) if the whole populace turn to atheism.
I've experienced personal loss, bro.

That's enough bullshit for one day. Have fun. I'll reply you no longer. smiley

1 Like

Re: Investigating Atheiem by MrTroll(m): 9:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
musKeeto:

tongue

1 Like

Re: Investigating Atheiem by Nobody: 9:32pm On Aug 24, 2013
musKeeto: First of all, the sun is white not yellow. Are you saying trees that provide oxygen and fruits have no purpose? If they do, who determines this purpose? Do rats have a purpose too? bats? Lice? Fish?

If you see this image as whitish, then you are obviously color blind, if that is the care, then I sympathize.

The sun appears to the naked eyes as whitish glare, but is really a combination of yellowish orange fiery ball of gas.

But, wait...ain't you the one that is suppose to be telling me all this? Are we on some kind of role reversals?

On the subject of the tree, weren't you the one that said that life has no purpose, so why all this unnecessary questions? Didn't you realised that you unwittingly kinda contradicted your earlier post by challenging me on the subject of the tree?

*SMH*

musKeeto: Bros, calm down.. And think.. How does this refute my earlier post? Purpose is self-defined...

Sure, it is but a lot of the rubbish you spewed goes contrary to that.

#Justsaying

And I'm calm.

musKeeto: Not everything is black and white. A simple football game is a suitable example.. Is it good or evil to win a match in the closing stages by scoring a goal that's offside but undetected by the referee?

There you go again, contradicting yourself. It's like you are having a personal argument with yourself. That is supposed to be my line, not yours. Haba!

musKeeto: I've experienced personal loss, bro.

Then, I apologize for my earlier accusation that said you haven't.

musKeeto: That's enough bullshit for one day. Have fun. I'll reply you no longer. smiley

Don't really expect you to, but that won't stop me from speaking my mind on the matter.
Re: Investigating Atheiem by Nobody: 11:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
NoProphecy: I am not an atheist, but I will reply to your questions completely without logical fallacy or special pleading.

Magic Genital Crabs.

My purpose is to glorify Magic Genital Crabs.

The meaning of life is to glorify Magic Genital Crabs so that I can become one after my human life ends.

Fair and just is whatever the Magic Genital Crabs say. They are much more wise that any human can ever be, so I don't question it.

Justice IS the Magic Genital Crabs. Therefore, there can be no justice or sense of justice apart from what comes from THEM. I would have great peace and comfort knowing that the Magic Genital Crabs will meter out justice in the end.

Any child that is taught from the moment that they can comprehend the glory of the Magic Genital Crabs and chooses not to follow upon adulthood is possessed by evil anal warts and should be disowned. The original WORD of the magic genital warts says that I should murder the child, but I choose to ignore these passages becuase they are not socially acceptable today.

Magic Genital Crabs ARE the only way to JUSTICE! Everything else is the work of the evil anal warts.

From the monent that they can comprehend, I would teach them the glory of the Magic Genital Crabs. My child would be smart enough to know that the meaning and purpose of life is Magic Genigal Crabs.

All that matters is the Magic Genital Crabs and our quest to become one of them. Although all of the things you state (you left out sex. Why?) are enjoyed by humans, they ultimately get in the way of our glorification of the MGC's. The Magic Genital Crabs know this and are jealous and petty. We must walk a fine line between our base pleasures and glorification of the MGC's. If we are stong, our reward will be great.

Those who are faithful to and fearful of the Magic Genital Crabs will become a MGC and live on forever in a perfect world full of Magic Genital Crabs. Everyone else will be banished to suffer in the dark, dirty world of the evil anal warts.

I don't think any rational person can argue with these answers.

BTW, any errors in my text are the result of this forum's SW. It changes words that are basic English to rubbish.
100 likes
Re: Investigating Atheiem by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
musKeeto:

lwkm
Re: Investigating Atheiem by Judas2013: 1:35pm On Aug 25, 2013

1 we do not come from anywhere. We have always been around

2 my purpose on earth is have an earthly experience and interact with fellow souls who chose to put on a physical body.

3 life has no meaning; my job is to give it meaning

4 Everything is just and fair. What ever i put out is what i will receive.

5 if my child gets murdered,that would be his/her chosen experience on this plane. However if the muderer is not caught,that should be my problem but his. God doesn't forbid anything ,everything is allowed. Life is not real but an illusion.

6 if an athiest baby turns christian.....so be it! That is his chosen mission in life......to go deep into ignorance and limitation and learn something from the experience

7 everyone will get justice be in this life time or the next or on other planes and dimensions thy chose to experience. Sometimes injustice is a sign of fully paid karma

8 if my child is trying to find the meaning of life......i will let him experience life in his own way without putting anything in his/her mind. Experience is better learned as an individual.

9 all experiences are vital to life. Life itself is meaningless....... Music,art,etc are nothing but expressions of the soul....life is nothing but a game,when you done with it,you switch of the play station .

10. Death is an illusion,same applies to birth. Both are transformations or ways of transporting to and away from the physical plane. Souls will always exist,they may change form but will never die. We are all eternal.
Re: Investigating Atheiem by NoProphecy: 7:20pm On Aug 25, 2013
musKeeto: Sometimes, I wonder why I bother...

Honestly, I wish you had just ignored it...

First of all, the sun is white not yellow. Are you saying trees that provide oxygen and fruits have no purpose? If they do, who determines this purpose? Do rats have a
Re: Investigating Atheiem by NoProphecy: 7:31pm On Aug 25, 2013
musKeeto: ....Are you saying trees that provide oxygen and fruits have no purpose? If they do, who determines this purpose? Do rats have a purpose too? bats? Lice? Fish?

Muskeeto you are a fool. Everything has a pre-determined purpose. That is why the Magical G*enital Crabs gave us free will. The purpose of the oxygen is so that you can breathe and glorify the Magical G*enital Crabs. The purpose of the fruit is so that you can have sustinance (to glorify the Magical G*enital Crabs) and know how sweet the afterlife with the Magical G*enital Crabs will be.

Everthing has and has to have a purpose, otherwise (as pointed out previously) there is not reason to do anything. Let's say you have a stew. This stew has big chunks of savory beef and crisp, tasty vegetables in a mouth-wateringly good broth. If life has no pre-determined purpose, why would you eat this? You might as well be eating cow dung. Wake up and give yourself to the Magical G*enital Crabs. With their LOVE, JUSTICE, & WISDOM you can truly enjoy that stew.
Re: Investigating Atheiem by colinisation: 8:13pm On Aug 25, 2013

Disclaimer: I am not an atheist but I appear to have been loosing my faith small, small and was raised a Christian.

1. I will divide this into A and B part depending on if you like physics.

A Is it a crime to answer this question as I don't know? After all, just because you don't know something does not mean that you should make up an elaborate story about magic beings and the like. That is just weird.

B. For those of you who like physics and Biology we evolved from single cell organisms over billions of years adapting to various environments from replicating sequences of Amino Acids and there can never be nothing in the universe see the Casimir effect and Virtual Particles on wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casimir_effect

2. 3. and 4. are all the same question

Justice and fairness are defined by an individual and collectively implemented by a society why do I want some one else to tell me what is just and fair? I have a moral standing based upon my knowledge and understanding of the world I strive to achieve this why do I need a preacher or a book in which God himself asked Israelites to kill all inhabitants (children included) of Jericho that to me is not justice and fairness.

5. I don't if he is not caught, therefore the society must work as hard as possible for peace, fairness and reconciliation.

6. Is my child happy? Yes! Then so be it, that is all I want for my children to be happy and not to cause harm on anyone. Why must everything be a fight between one religion and another?

7. Atrocities have happened throughout the ages - several Africans were enslaved, victimised, raped and murdered on their way to America and Europe to be put to work and discriminated against. Jews? world war II says hello! Native Americans were wiped out by Europeans etc..... My contention to you is if God stood by and watched all this he don't like non Europeans very much.

8. Look within yourself and as yourself what you want to be, explore, discover and seek knowledge.

9. Life is a journey not the destination, it is not on your dying bed when you appreciate your wife but in every waking moment spent together.

10. Where else are you going? Or does a Danfo come and pick you up for after party.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Believe In Charm? Here Is A Real Life Experience / The Miraculous Cow In India Blessing Women With Boy Children / Danish Cartoons Of Muhammad: We Have A Right To Criticize & Comment On Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.