Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 AM

Insurgents Kill 35 Worshipers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insurgents Kill 35 Worshipers (1282 Views)

Adamawa Road Explosion Kill 35 / Soldiers Beat Back Boko Haram In Damboa, Kill 35 / News: Bomb Attacks On Christians Kill 35 On Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insurgents Kill 35 Worshipers by onyi4edu(f): 11:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
Abuja - Islamist insurgents dressed as soldiers opened fire on worshippers leaving a mosque in Nigeria's far northeast this week, killing at least 35 in the second such attack this month, officials said on Friday.

"Boko Haram people attacked the village on the ground that they have refused to co-operate with them, that they refused their message," defence spokesperson Brigadier General Chris Olukolade told AFP of the incident in Dumba, referring to Islamist extremist group Boko Haram.

The attack occurred on Monday, but the information did not become public until Friday with phone lines cut in the region and the village located in a remote area.

A separate military source speaking on condition of anonymity said Boko Haram gunmen dressed as soldiers entered the village early on Monday and took up positions at a crossroads, where they fired upon worshippers leaving a mosque after morning prayers.

The source said the attack was believed to be in reprisal for a raid by soldiers and vigilantes in the village the previous week that resulted in the arrest of Boko Haram members.

Separately earlier this month on 10 and 11 August, suspected Boko Haram members stormed a mosque in Konduga and shot dead 44 worshippers as well as 12 other people in a nearby village in another area of the northeast.

Those attacks were believed to be revenge over citizen vigilante groups forming to help the military battle Boko Haram, which has been waging an insurgency since 2009.

The country's military launched an offensive in the northeast in May aiming to end Boko Haram's insurgency.

The pattern of attacks that has occurred since then indicates the insurgents may have to a large degree scattered into more remote areas of the region. Dumba is located near Lake Chad and close to Nigeria's borders with Cameroon, Chad and Niger.

It is near the town of Baga, where in April the military faced accusations of major abuses after nearly 200 people were left dead, with residents alleging soldiers shot civilians and set fire to much of the community.

http://m.news24.com/nigeria/National/News/Insurgents-kill-35-in-Nigeria-20130824
Re: Insurgents Kill 35 Worshipers by infobiz9ja(m): 12:12am On Aug 25, 2013
These guys are trigger happy & should be put in their place.
Re: Insurgents Kill 35 Worshipers by adepojuot: 12:27am On Aug 25, 2013
Well done boko boys,ur actions is justify by qaran,keep it up,72 virgins await u in heaven.Quran...Muhammad's Own Words: Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause." Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war." Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed." Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission." Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious." Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah." Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)." What a
religion... Islam is indeed religion of peace

2 Likes

Re: Insurgents Kill 35 Worshipers by Nobody: 12:36am On Aug 25, 2013
I am tempted to curse the poster above me but i wouldnt because i am a muslim.

"A muslim is he from whose hands and tongue humans are safe" - Prophet Muhammad.

I wldnt try to defend the listed verses above cos from experience, i understand everyone's level of reasoning isnt equal combined with the fact that its an absolute waste of time trying to change what people chose to believe.

Or perhaps i will. If the poster above could defend Luke 19:27, where Jesus(pbuh) ordered that those who didnt believe in him should be brought before him and slayed

2 Likes

Re: Insurgents Kill 35 Worshipers by Nobody: 12:38am On Aug 25, 2013
adepojuot: Well done boko boys,ur actions is justify by qaran,keep it up,72 virgins await u in heaven.Quran...Muhammad's Own Words: Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause." Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war." Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed." Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission." Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious." Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah." Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)." What a
religion... Islam is indeed religion of peace

yeah religion of piss right...... shocked shocked shocked shocked......make aeroplane pass through your dirty mouth angry angry angry angry
Re: Insurgents Kill 35 Worshipers by Nobody: 2:07am On Aug 25, 2013
Harbioollah: I am tempted to curse the poster above me but i wouldnt because i am a muslim.

"A muslim is he from whose hands and tongue humans are safe" - Prophet Muhammad.

I wldnt try to defend the listed verses above cos from experience, i understand everyone's level of reasoning isnt equal combined with the fact that its an absolute waste of time trying to change what people chose to believe.

Or perhaps i will. If the poster above could defend Luke 19:27, where Jesus(pbuh) ordered that those who didnt believe in him should be brought before him and slayed
u don't knw any tin abt jesus so don't say wht u don't knw
Re: Insurgents Kill 35 Worshipers by fagbalex(m): 7:40am On Aug 25, 2013
[quote author=adepojuot]Well done boko boys,ur actions is justify by qaran,keep it up,72 virgins await u in heaven.Quran...Muhammad's Own Words: Qur'an:9:88 "The Messenger and those who believe with him, strive hard and fight with their wealth and lives in Allah's Cause." Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war." Qur'an:9:112 "The Believers fight in Allah's Cause, they slay and are slain, kill and are killed." Qur'an:9:29 "Fight those who do not believe until they all surrender, paying the protective tax in submission." Ishaq:325 "Muslims, fight in Allah's Cause. Stand firm and you will prosper. Help the Prophet, obey him, give him your allegiance, and your religion will be victorious." Qur'an:8:39 "Fight them until all opposition ends and all submit to Allah." Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)." What a
religion... Islam is indeed religion of peace [/quo

may Allah deal with you with all this blatant lies. you didn't know anything about Islam justification and injunctions, you're then denting the image of Islam.
may Allah protect Islam from those bigoted anti Islam. amin.
Re: Insurgents Kill 35 Worshipers by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 25, 2013
Okpara nti ike n'anu ihe n'afo nnunu.
Re: Insurgents Kill 35 Worshipers by Tintinix: 8:08am On Aug 25, 2013
Harbioollah: luke19:27, where Jesus(pbuh) ordered that those who didnt believe in him should be brought before him and slayed

Was in shock when I read you insinuate that my Almighty the only Prince of Peace had ordered Killings!!
Rushed to my Bible and have peace even the more!
Please read LUke 19:11 slowly... Parable dearie!!
11 And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. 12 He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. 13 And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come....

It is well oh!
@Topic Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the deceased! How I wish the Resistance to BH had started from the onset! The Monster has grown! They killed Christains in places of worship now there is no segregation. This is total war on the Nigerian populace.
Re: Insurgents Kill 35 Worshipers by Nobody: 9:07am On Aug 25, 2013
@Tintinix. Well am glad you are reasonable. You are not the adepojuot's who seemingly jump into conclusions based on a particular line they have read without reading the preceeding lines in other to get a better understanding.

Aren't there some verses of the Qur'an
that condone "killing the infidel"?

By Huda, About.com Guideo

Posted on Nairaland by Lagoshia, 4:23pm. Sept 14, 2012

Question: Aren't there some verses
of the Qur'an that condone "killing
the infidel"?

Answer: The Qur'an commands
Muslims to stick up for themselves
in a defensive battle -- i.e. if an
enemy army attacks, then Muslims
are to fight against that army until
they stop their aggression. All of
the verses that speak about
fighting/war in the Qur'an are in
this context.
There are some specific verses that
are very often "snipped" out of
context, either by critics of Islam
discussing "jihadism," or by
misguided Muslims themselves
who wish to justify their aggressive
tactics.
"Slay Them" - If They Attack You
First, For example, one verse (in its
snipped version) reads: "slay them
wherever you catch them" (Qur'an
2:191). But who is this referring to?
8Who are "they" that this verse
discusses? The preceding and
following verses give the correct
context:
"Fight in the cause of God those
who fight you, but do not
transgress limits; for God loves not
9transgressors. And slay them
wherever you catch them, and turn
them out from where they have
turned you out; for tumult and
oppression are worse than
slaughter, But if they cease, God is
Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful, If they
cease, let there be no hostility
except to those who practice
oppression" (2:190-193).

It is clear from the context that
these verses are discussing a
defensive war, when a Muslim
community is attacked without
reason, oppressed and prevented
from practicing their faith. In these
circumstances, permission is given
to fight back -- but even then
Muslims are instructed not to
transgress limits, and to cease
fighting as soon as the attacker
gives up. Even in these
circumstances, Muslim are only to
fight directly against those who are
attacking them, not innocent
bystanders or non-combatants.

"Fight the Pagans" - If They
Break Treaties

A similar verse can be found in
chapter 9, verse 5 -- which in its
snipped, out of context version
could read: "fight and slay the
pagans wherever ye find them, and
seize them, beleaguer them, and
lie in wait for them in every
stratagem (of war)." Again, the
preceding and following verses
give the context.
This verse was revealed during a
historical period when the small
Muslim community had entered
into treaties with neighboring
tribes (Jewish, Christian, and
pagan). Several of the pagan tribes
had violated the terms of their
treaty, secretly aiding an enemy
attack against the Muslim
community. The verse directly
before this one instructs the
Muslims to continue to honor
treaties with anyone who has not
since betrayed them, because
fulfilling agreements is considered
a righteous action. Then the verse
continues, that those who have
violated the terms of the treaty
have declared war, so fight them,
(as quoted above).
Directly after this permission to
fight, the same verse continues,
"but if they repent, and establish
regular prayers and practice
regular charity, then open the way
for them, for God is Oft-forgiving,
Most Merciful." The subsequent
verses instruct the Muslims to
grant asylum to any member of
the pagan tribe/army who asks for
it, and again reminds that "as long
as these stand true to you, stand ye
true to them: for God loves the
righteous."

Conclusion
Any verse that is quoted out of
context misses the whole point of
the message of the Qur'an.
Nowhere in the Qur'an can be
found support for indiscriminate
slaughter, the killing of non-
combatants, or murder of innocent
persons in 'payback' for another
people's alleged crimes.
The Islamic teachings on this
subject can be summed up in the
following verses (Qur'an 60:7-8 ) :
"It may be that God will grant love
(and friendship) between you and
those whom ye (now) hold as
enemies. For God has power (over
all things), and God is Oft-
Forgiving, Most Merciful.
God does not forbid you, with
regard to those who fight you not
for (your) faith nor drive you out of
your homes, from dealing kindly
and justly with them: for God loves
those who are just."

1 Like

Re: Insurgents Kill 35 Worshipers by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 25, 2013
Harbioollah: I am tempted to curse the poster above me but i wouldnt because i am a muslim.

Are you a member of the Hezbollah org.? #justasking.
Re: Insurgents Kill 35 Worshipers by onyi4edu(f): 12:15pm On Aug 25, 2013
I Dont tink these insurgents hv religion @ol,i believe dey are devil's incarnate dat hv no value ƒø® human lives. May G̲̣̣̣̥O̲̣̣̥D hv mercy on dem ₰ RIP 2 d dead
Re: Insurgents Kill 35 Worshipers by Jeel: 2:03pm On Aug 25, 2013
Attacking fellow muslims will hasten their end
Re: Insurgents Kill 35 Worshipers by Nobody: 2:36pm On Aug 25, 2013
onyi4edu: I Dont tink these insurgents hv religion @ol,i believe dey are devil's incarnate dat hv no value ƒø® human lives. May G̲̣̣̣̥O̲̣̣̥D hv mercy on dem ₰ RIP 2 d dead
the only sensible post here, rather than care about lives lost, you guys have chosen to fight over your master given religions

(1) (Reply)

Fashola's Apology To The Igbo Is Courageous- Anambra State Govt. / Jonathan, EFCC Out To Blackmail Me - Lamido / Jonathan Wants To Kill Me – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.