Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,379 members, 7,850,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:35 PM

Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! (1305 Views)

Six Governorship Candidates Step-Down For Sylva / Photo: Rivers State PDP, APC & LP Governorship Candidates Laugh & Hold Hands / Lagos APGA To Adopt Ambode As Governorship Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by Nobody: 7:29pm On Aug 25, 2013
Anambra guber: APGA to produce two parallel candidates

SOURCE: http:///JuytCxhzID

The crisis rocking the All Progressives GrandAlliance isnot over as the factional national chairman of the party, Chief Maxi Okwu says he would field a candidate for the November 16 governorship election in Anmabra State.

Okwu has equally vowed to fight on until he had fully recovered the party’s leadership from illegal occupants.

He spoke, weekend at his country home of Nkpokolo Achi in Oji-River Local Government Area of Enugu State, at a ceremony to mark his late father’s 90th birthday.

The APGA chairman’s late father, Senator B.C Okwu, a senator of the Federal Republicof Nigeria between 1979 –1983 died on October 21, 2009.

In an interview with journalists at the event, Okwu, who said his father’s shoes were too big for him, expressed optimism that going back the performance of Anambra Governor Peter Obi in office, APGA would win the election convincingly.

He said: “I feel very gratified, like I said, it is not easy, the shoe he left is so big, I have been battling to see whether I can fill it, I have not done that, so until I transit, if I don’t fill those shoes, I have failed.

“I have been trying to meet the high bar he set and that’s the thing some of us who come from a pedigree have, you have to maintain the authenticity, otherwise, you disgrace your forebear. So, I thank God for my people, I thank God for my political family, you can see APGA is here, APGA Oji-River is here, the APGA executive is here, the chairman board of trustees, Chief Dr. Menakaya is here, so we will recover APGA, the small set back we have will soon be a thing of the past”.

On the Anambra guber he said, “I pray fervently that APGA wins on the 16th of November, which is Zik’s birthday, because if we don’t win Anambra, we are in danger here in Enugu, I need Anambra to win Enugu, so I am prepared to do everything possible for us to win but the way they are going about it, there is danger.

“We are going to field our own candidate, so whoever wins in the court will decide theauthentic candidate, it is the party that people vote for, remember Omehia versus Amaechi, it is APGA; let them pick their own, we are picking our own, whoever wins eventually, if I win, my candidate becomes the APGA winner, if Umeh wins, Umeh’s candidate becomes the APGA winner. But I will win.

“Peter Obi has done well in Anambra State, Peter Obi has restored sanity in Anambra State, whether you like him or not, that is the fact, he has created standars, which is attributable to our APGA, SOludo or no Soludo, APGA will win Anambra election”.
He added that his decision to approach a Federal Court over the APGA matter was to ensure that selfish people were not allowed to destroy the party.

“I am a lawyer of 36 years standing, the case is strong and it is not a matter of I believe I don’t believe, it is documentary evidence, I threw seven questions to Jega, the INEC chairman, he didn’t answer, lawyers will now make him to answer it in court.

“One of the questions I asked Jega which he refused to answer is that Shinkafi who has been parading himself as the secretary of APGA was elected at a convention where I was chairman convention planning committee at parade ground Abuja, 10th January 2003, please where are we now, this is August 2013, and this Shinkafi is still parading himself as the secretary of APGA, and article 18 is clear on this, four year term, and four-year renewable term, that’s 8 years, let Jega answer, it is a very simple matter.

“Then on the 10th of Febraury 2011 at Awka, everybody was there, that convention extended the life of thee NWC, NWC is not an organ of the party, so Umeh has not been re-elected since his tenure expired on December 2010.

“They went to that place and endorsed the expansion of the life span of the NWC, NWCdoesn’t exist as an organ, it is merely one of the four committees approved in the constitution by the executive. Jega should answer that, so let us see how it goes, the case is solid, very solid, but like I said, if APGA family will down, sit down, stakeholders, they are all here, we talk as family, we may find a root out, but when some people think they can just do a family affair and ignore us, they do so at their ownperil, not us, politically you can see we are alive”.

Also speaking, the BoT chairman of APGA, Dr. Tim Menakaya said “I am here to give honour to whom honour is due, to celebrate the life of Senator D.C Ugwu, a great man, a great son of Igbo land, a great Nigerian, a man who has done so much for his people.

He said he had continued to seek for a total reconciliation of the warring factions in APGA, stressing “that is why I am here, I have talked to those on the other side, I am also here today for the same purpose.

“I am the father in APGA, we have all reconciled, there are no two sides any more. There might be some little differences, but even in any family there could be some little differences, but APGA isone. What we do in a good society is to havedialogue at any time, that is why I am moving around and I know we shall have total peace”
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by Nobody: 7:35pm On Aug 25, 2013
A disintegrated party.
Smh, your foundation is not strong.
Smh again.
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by seanet02: 7:43pm On Aug 25, 2013
Haha, Haha
Ibo party crumbling under the feet of Jonathan's ambition

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 25, 2013
A good political analyst will know that the arrangee reconciliation between Obi and Victor Umeh is just to have the peace of the grave-yard. All these dramatis personae just want to dismember the party after the heart of Dim Ojukwu

I hope Peter Obi is not tacitly encouraging Mazi Okwu to fight to death with a view to being the ultimate beneficiary of this whole imbroglio.

I wait to see if any of Peter Obi's supported candidate will emerge as the governorship candidate of the Okwu led APGA faction

SMH

1 Like

Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by Nobody: 7:45pm On Aug 25, 2013
seanet02: Haha, Haha
Ibo party crumbling under the feet of Jonathan's ambition
shut up. How about Hausas assimilating ACN and taking the superior positions in APC?
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 25, 2013
Yawns!!
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by Eca4: 7:50pm On Aug 25, 2013
:PMy dear chairman, pls don't overhit d polity .u ppl shld unite :PMy dear chairman, pls don't overhit d polity .u ppl shld unite
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by Eca4: 7:54pm On Aug 25, 2013
My dear chairman, pls don't overhit d polity .u ppl shld unite
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by seanet02: 7:57pm On Aug 25, 2013
maxwello.yg:

shut up. How about Hausas assimilating ACN and taking the superior positions in APC?
Bisi Akande .......Chairamn
Broom....... Party logo
Lai Mohammed.....National Publicity Secretary
Bisi Akande gagged Buhari from speaking on his ambition

Do you get the groove..... Yorubas don't engage in unions their overall interest is not guaranteed.
APGA is Dead

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by Nobody: 7:58pm On Aug 25, 2013
maxwello.yg:

We dey laf o!

Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 25, 2013
Eca4: My dear chairman, pls don't overhit d polity .u ppl shld unite

Believe you me when you hear and see people grandstanding like the way Mazi Okwu is doing,let it not surprise you that someone somewhere is urging him on

He was the darling of Peter Obi who regalled and fete him with all the funding and niceties against Victor Umeh faction until recently. He became silent for a while only to now come out with a newly found zeal and impetus to do battle with Umeh.....let it not surprise you,someone is asking him not to give peace a chance
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

Believe you me when you hear and see people grandstanding like the way Mazi Okwu is doing,let it not surprise you that someone somewhere is urging him on

He was the darling of Peter Obi who regalled and fete him with all the funding and niceties against Victor Umeh faction until recently. He became silent for a while only to now come out with a newly found zeal and impetus to do battle with Umeh.....let it not surprise you,someone is asking him not to give peace a chance

PDP gave money to Mazi Okwu to do what he's currently doing. It is the hand work of Andy Uba and PDP to distabilize APGA. Where was Mazi Okwu one month ago?

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by Garrithe1st: 8:07pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ojukwu's Party has become a Hoe to be screwed in d A55 by the PDP same way his wife was converted to a village bicycle to be climbed by all and sundry even before he departed to the great beyond..

SMH...

cool

1 Like

Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by Nobody: 8:22pm On Aug 25, 2013
Garri the 1st: Ojukwu's Party has become a Hoe to be screwed in d A55 by the PDP same way his wife was converted to a village bicycle to be climbed by all and sundry even before he departed to the great beyond..

SMH...

cool
Please leave Ojukwu and Bianca out of your silly comment. angry
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by Abagworo(m): 8:23pm On Aug 25, 2013
Garri the 1st: Ojukwu's Party has become a Hoe to be screwed in d A55 by the PDP same way his wife was converted to a village bicycle to be climbed by all and sundry even before he departed to the great beyond..

SMH...

cool

APGA was founded by Chekwas Okorie and not Ojukwu. I dislike distortion of facts.
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by AWKAMADEGUN: 8:30pm On Aug 25, 2013
Why are yerobas now more interested in SE particularly Anambra politics? It goes to show how desperate some people can be. If you guys are hoping on Ngige; well I have one message for you guys, it is failed mission for boko haram party APC in Anambra.

Ngige is a good man but he has been corrupted by fraudsters and boko haram elements. So there is no way on earth shall Anambrans vote for anything party that has 'haram' as its signature or trademark.

APC is a combination of boko haram sponsors, so it cannot win any election anywhere talk more of center of Igboland- Anambra which produces the best of human capital in Nigeria.
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by Garrithe1st: 8:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
berem: Please leave Ojukwu and Bianca out of your silly comment. angry
Is that y you want to cry??

grin grin grin

Abagworo:

APGA was founded by Chekwas Okorie and not Ojukwu. I dislike distortion of facts.

Ok...
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by FreeGlobe(f): 8:36pm On Aug 25, 2013

SMH...

cool
Mr. troll you have been moving from thread to thread asking for ban, make sure you don't open a thread crying us a river when its handed to you. Maybe Seun should create a section for brain dead monkeys like you Bastard!
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by AWKAMADEGUN: 8:41pm On Aug 25, 2013
Abagworo:

Where did you get your gibberish that chekwas founded APGA? You always like feeling good with your usual comments.

FYI: APGA was founded by Eze Igbo gburu gburu Ikemba Nnewi and appointed its first chairman chekwas to head it. Chekwas was summarily dismissed the moment he tried to disrespect Ikemba and particularly Peter Obi
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by Nobody: 8:43pm On Aug 25, 2013
me jes dey one side dey observe
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 25, 2013
No need for lectures on who founded APGA. The party is already dead just like PPA. Obi has finally killed the party by selling it to PDP. The only thing Obi and his followers in APGA will do is to port to PDP when he ends his tenure. He is a member of PDP by heart.
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by RedMullet: 8:50pm On Aug 25, 2013
Ibo politicians and confusion are like Siamese twins ..
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by AWKAMADEGUN: 8:55pm On Aug 25, 2013
The election in Anambra is between APGA and PDP.

The boko party APC is not in any race in Anambra, even Ngige is very much aware..
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by IGBOSON1: 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2013

SMH...

cool

^^^Your mum should have swallowed you....or taken you up the bum! wink
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 25, 2013
AWKA_MADE_GUN: The election in Anambra is between APGA and PDP.

The boko party APC is not in any race in Anambra, even Ngige is very much aware..

What is the difference between 6 and half a dozen?

Am sure u know what Uba and the Uba clan represents? Eselu tries to lord it over Ngige,they miserably failed....now with his brother(God forbid) at the helms of affair....your guess is as good as mine

The same comatose APGA gasping for breath like a child who has just been chased by a lion is the party you reckon to still have the salvation of Ndi Anambra in its hand??....how do you people continue to do things the same way and expect different result??

Is it not a known secret that Peter Obi wants to install a stooge,errand boy and a puppet while Victor Umeh also wants someone who can always open the till to him

Infact with APGA and PDP in Anambra,its a game of the highest bidders
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by AWKAMADEGUN: 9:20pm On Aug 25, 2013
REHOZIBAH:

What is the difference between 6 and half a dozen?

Am sure u know what Uba and the Uba clan represents? Eselu tries to lord it over Ngige,they miserably failed....now with his brother(God forbid) at the helms of affair....your guess is as good as mine

The same comatose APGA gasping for breath like a child who has just been chased by a lion is the party you reckon to still have the salvation of Ndi Anambra in its hand??....how do you people continue to do things the same way and expect different result??

Is it not a known secret that Peter Obi wants to install a stooge,errand boy and a puppet while Victor Umeh also wants someone who can always open the till to him

Infact with APGA and PDP in Anambra,its a game of the highest bidders

So why is it that you are worried over who leads us? Are you not supposed to be worried on how the criminal tinubu is wrecking SW with huge debt profile.

FYI: Andy Uba is far better than Ngige, at least he has proved that in the Senate. For 2yrs Ngige did not move any motion talkless of sponsoring any bill. Ngige was good when he was in PDP, but immediately he went to ACN he became corrupt and incompetent.

APC is not in any election in Anambra, because even goats talk more of Anambrans will not vote any boko haram party.

The contest is between APGA and PDP.

Go mark it somewhere...
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by genialjp: 10:10pm On Aug 25, 2013
[quote author=AWKA_MADE_GUN]

Where did you get your gibberish that chekwas founded APGA? You always like feeling good with your usual comments.

FYI: APGA was founded by Eze Igbo gburu gburu Ikemba Nnewi .
Ojukwu did not found APGA. the party was founded and funded by Chief chekwas..
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by AWKAMADEGUN: 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2013
[quote author=genialjp][/quote]

So how come he was thrown out almost immediately by Obi for insulting Ikemba.

Ikemba =APGA.....
.nobody knows about Chekwa, he didn't initiate APGA go and do your research.
Re: Breaking News !!! APGA To Field Two Governorship Candidates!!! by genialjp: 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2013
Peter Obi has infamously left APGA better than he met it.

(1) (Reply)

Why Lamido, Others Shunned Amaechi’s NGF Sokoto Retreat / Fani-kayode Lied On Alleged Comments By Party On Boko Haram – APC / Kogi To Build A $3B Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.