Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,063 members, 7,863,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:51 AM

Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os (12812 Views)

How The 12 Apostles Of Jesus Christ Died / The Book Of Enoch / Jesus Quoted It And So Did Apostles / When Did The Apostles Become Born Again? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os by alexleo(m): 11:05am On Aug 27, 2013
GoodSamaritan:

Jesus healed people as he walked on the streets, he healed people at the pool side etc the apostles did same. They did this unceremoniously but your own healing must be in the church or crusade ground surrounded with cameras of various media houses. The DVDs are later sold in thousands to church members. Did you see Jesus making a show of his healing this way?
How many pastors can go out on the streets like Jesus and the apostles and heal people? Don't they see the lame, the blind, the deaf and dumb begging by the road side?

Did jesus ever use his mouth to tell people those he healed? Sometimes Jesus healed people and told them not to tell anybody. Haven't you read it in the bible? Yet the joy of the healing wont allow the person to keep quiet. It was those that Jesus healed that spread the news but in our time, churches pay heavily to television stations to advertise their healing parade. They print it on their church leaflet and share to people, on their billboard its there.
Did Jesus or the apostles collect offering for healing people? Today you people collect healing offering and brand it thanksgiving offering. You people sell handkerchiefs, annointing oil, annointed pure water, annointed rice, apron etc. For healing. I am not talking theory, I am telling you what I ve seen with my eyes. Infact there is one in my area that sells a satchet of miracle pure water five thousand naira and you see many people queuing up to buy. Yet when we speak against these things you people feel pained. Too bad. We have not learned so of Christ.

1 Like

Re: Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os by matrix789: 12:26pm On Aug 27, 2013
Heb 13:8
Jesus the same Yesterday Today and forever.
The Holy Ghost as of Old is still the same Spirit
1 Cor 12:9
9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit,
10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues.
11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.
it is only man that can Change.
so leave Baba's business to Baba himself.

br
Re: Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os by alexleo(m): 2:44pm On Aug 27, 2013
abu0710102013: This question goes to the christains. Please i want to know the name of the church the jesus himself built. Thats all . JUST THE NAME. NO STORY.

If you are not a christian the first thing you need to know is why Jesus came to the world. He came that you might be saved from your sins and become a true child of God.
Next thing for you to do is to have a personal encounter with him in prayer and let him take total control of you.

The church that Jesus is building is all those who are washed in his blood, whose sins are forgiven and whose names are written in the book of life. Not a church built with bricks and iron. Pls be part of this glorious church, a church without spot or wrinkle. God bless you.
Re: Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os by alexleo(m): 5:44pm On Aug 27, 2013
Omoba24: What we see today is actually confirming what 2 Timothy 3:1-5 says. It's a proof we are living in the last days. And even d people are being told what they wnt to hear. Pple now wants prosperity more than God's kingdom, why wld the pastors not preach dat. I know that God draws the right hearted ones to him n lead them to the right path n they associate with God's pple

God bless you dear.
Re: Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os by Image123(m): 11:52pm On Aug 27, 2013
Just to add one or two observations to your thread view. i agree with most part BTW.

alexleo: Brethren lets look at at the attitude of the apostles when God used them to perform miracle and compare it with what it is today among our pastors and G.Os.

Acts 3:11.

11 Now as the lame man who was healed held on to Peter and John, all the people ran together to them in the porch which is called Solomon’s, greatly amazed. 12 So when Peter saw it, he responded to the people: “Men of Israel, why do you marvel at this? Or why look so intently at us, as though by our own power or godliness we had made this man walk?

Acts 14:14

14 But when the apostles Barnabas and Paul heard this, they tore their clothes and ran in among the multitude, crying out 15 and saying, “Men, why are you doing these things? We also are men with the same nature as you, and preach to you that you should turn from these useless things to the living God, who made the heaven, the earth, the sea, and all things that are in them,

From this two passages we saw the apostles resisting any attempt to be idolized by the people for the miracles they performed. Peter and John rebuked the crowd not to look at them as powerful men, Paul and Barnabas tore their clothes and jumped into the crowd telling them that they were human beings just like them.
Agreed and exemplary.

What do we see among pastors today in their miracle parade or charade?
Someway, you have managed either knowing or unknowingly to lump all the pastors under the same category.

1. They enjoy being idolized and being regarded as powerful men of God, while the apostles rebuked and rejected any form of idolization totally.
Any proof to show this 'enjoyment' accusation, especially for true and devoted men of God? If you are not talking of true and devoted ones doing this, well the thread may then be pointless. There were also such people in Bible days like Simon the sorcerer.

2. Today's pastors make a show in the name of miracle service by showing it on Tv, web and in crusades where crowd will gather and watch them as they conduct the so called miracle. Each miracle attracts a thunderous applause from the crowd while the pastors face beams with smiles, walking or running from one end of the altar to the other as part of the showmanship. The apostles did theirs silently and resisted any form of applause or glorification.
Nothing wrong in showing miracles on wherever. Jesus' acts and life was also noised abroad. The disciples wrote of them and of Acts of God through they themselves even decades after they were done. Most of the churches then were aware of these signs and wonders, and they were a powerful way of bringing pople to Christ. God's gifts are that men may see and glorify Him. They are not done in a corner.
Act 26:26 For the king knoweth of these things, before whom also I speak freely: for I am persuaded that none of these things are hidden from him; for this thing was not done in a corner.

3. Today's pastors feel highly powerful and untouchable. After the miracle service their myriads of security men surrounds them as they majestically walk out of the venue while the helpless congregation look with such desires to touch even the hem of pastor's suit. The apostles rented their clothes and jumped into the crowd who felt they were gods, telling them they were just mere mortals like them.
Ever heard of crowd control and stampedes? Wisdom is profitable to direct. Anyone that is popular needs some form of security. Ask Martin Luther Jr. He was murdered. Anyone can want to kill you, stab you, hug you, etc. Jesus had to disappear a couple of times, a skill our dear pastors do not possess.

4. Today's pastor collects thanksgiving offering for miracles. Infact they will preach you into doing it even if you dont feel like. The apostles never did such a nonsense.
With you.

5. Today's pastors preach miracle as if thats the only and major thing in the bible. Miracle preaching takes a greater percentage of their sermon. In their crusade billboards and adverts they show a picture of wheel chairs and cover the whole billboard with deliverance from this and that. The apostles preached only Jesus and his kingdom. At no time did we see miracle being their sermon, yet they healed people.
With you to a large degree. Nothing wrong with publicizing what God has done BTW. Jesus told the mad man to go and tell people what God had done for him.

6.The apostles and even Jesus healed people on the streets, pool side, temple gate and anywhere but today's pastor must heal mostly in the church or crusade ground where offerings could be collected and the media department of the church will be able to capture the show so as to send it on Television for showmanship in order to attract more worshipers which translates to more money for pastor and his church(personal estate).
Healing and miracles take place anywhere. Some of these pastors go to different countries and venues and God still does miracles. Some miracles are even without the minister's knowlegde until the testifier comes up.

7. When the apostles healed, they pointed the people to Jesus but today's pastor heals and points the people he healed to himself and his church.
The disciples urged new converts to continue with them in Jesus.

Now why cant this men of God in all their power and majesty move round the streets of Nigeria like Jesus and the apostles and heal the madmen and the handicapped scattered everywhere?
They do not have the power, God does. Why didn't Jesus and His disciples follow your advice? Why didn't Jesus heal the man at the beautiful gate of the temple. the man had been sitting there all the while. Why did it have to be Peter and John. Why did jesus heal just one person at the pool of Siloam, where many sick folk gathered to be healed?

All these are happening among some of our pastors today because of greed and desire for fame. Did John the baptist not say that Jesus will increase while he decreases? But today's pastor is working so hard to increase while Jesus decreases. This is bad. People should open their eyes and resist this show of shame in Christendom . we have not learned so of Christ. God bless you.
With you. i support most of what you have said. Just needed that we get the facts right, and preach the complee truth and picture. god bless you.

1 Like

Re: Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os by Nobody: 8:02am On Aug 28, 2013
alexleo:

Jesus healed people as he walked on the streets, he healed people at the pool side etc the apostles did same. They did this unceremoniously but your own healing must be in the church or crusade ground surrounded with cameras of various media houses. The DVDs are later sold in thousands to church members. Did you see Jesus making a show of his healing this way?
How many pastors can go out on the streets like Jesus and the apostles and heal people? Don't they see the lame, the blind, the deaf and dumb begging by the road side?

Did jesus ever use his mouth to tell people those he healed? Sometimes Jesus healed people and told them not to tell anybody. Haven't you read it in the bible? Yet the joy of the healing wont allow the person to keep quiet. It was those that Jesus healed that spread the news but in our time, churches pay heavily to television stations to advertise their healing parade. They print it on their church leaflet and share to people, on their billboard its there.
Did Jesus or the apostles collect offering for healing people? Today you people collect healing offering and brand it thanksgiving offering. You people sell handkerchiefs, annointing oil, annointed pure water, annointed rice, apron etc. For healing. I am not talking theory, I am telling you what I ve seen with my eyes. Infact there is one in my area that sells a satchet of miracle pure water five thousand naira and you see many people queuing up to buy. Yet when we speak against these things you people feel pained. Too bad. We have not learned so of Christ.
Bros.. you are mixing the ministry of Jesus up with that of the Apostles,there is a reason why Jesus did not broadcast His miracles publicly. Reasons that the time has not yet come for him to be glorified, but after His crucifixion and ascension look at what He told the disciples.

Matthew 10:7 And as ye go, proclaim, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand

Matthew 10:27 What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear whispered in the ear, proclaim on the housetops.

Matthew 28:18-20

New King James Version (NKJV)

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 19 Go therefore[a] and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, [/b]20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.[b

Acts 8:13 and Simon also himself did believe, and, having been baptized, he was continuing with Philip, beholding also [b]signs and mighty acts being done, he was amazed

Hear an amazing statement from Jesus when his disciple told him about some folks who are not part of them using his name to cast out devil.(Mark 9:38-41)

The Lord taught the disciples an interesting lesson in this section of scripture. The disciples had come come across a man casting out demons in the name of Jesus, but the man was not following with Jesus and the disciples. The disciples forbade him from continuing to do this work.

But Jesus said, “Do not forbid him; for no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon after to speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is for us.” (Verse 39-40).

I am also in support of you against people peddling the word of God for profit, but it might do you some good to heed to words of Jesus above.If they are doing the work in honour of the Lord, then it is acceptable. If it does not honour the Lord, then he will deal with them and show them their error.

Jesus said in vs. 39, “…no one who does a mighty work in my name will be able soon after to speak evil of me.” Jesus will weed out those who are not honouring him when they are doing a work supposedly in his name as he did with the seven sons of Sceva in Acts 19:13-16,.Shalom sir.

1 Like

Re: Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os by shdemidemi(m): 8:18am On Aug 28, 2013
MIRACLES, SIGNS AND WONDERS! Is this the age?
Re: Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os by Nobody: 8:47am On Aug 28, 2013
shdemidemi: MIRACLES, SIGNS AND WONDERS! Is this the age?

What is the greater works Jesus is talking about?
Re: Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os by shdemidemi(m): 9:10am On Aug 28, 2013
Bidam: What is the greater works Jesus is talking about?

I was expecting a YES or a No answer but I got a question for an answer, no probs o.

Christ talked about greater works- YES

Could He have lied?- Never

So, why are we not going to hospitals to heal all today?

Why are men that claim they have these gifts far between?

At the top of my head, I can only mention two or three men that claim they have this power of miracles. Could they have gotten these powers from Christ?

I would have expected five out of ten christians to be bold enough to say 'I will go and heal all in that hospital'. But as we have it today, only two or three men can come out to make such statement.

So, I repeat my question

MIRACLES, SIGNS AND WONDERS! Is this the age?
Re: Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

I was expecting a YES or a No answer but I got a question for an answer, no probs o.

Christ talked about greater works- YES

Could He have lied?- Never

So, why are we not going to hospitals to heal all today?

Why are men that claim they have these gifts far between?

At the top of my head, I can only mention two or three men that claim they have this power of miracles. Could they have gotten these powers from Christ?

I would have expected five out of ten christians to be bold enough to say 'I will go and heal all in that hospital'. But as we have it today, only two or three men can come out to make such statement.

So, I repeat my question

When folks like you are hell-bent on belittling the work of the Holy Spirit in this present dispensation,what do you expect?

The question you should have ask yourself is whether the Holy Spirit has left the Church.YES OR NO?

If yes,one of the work of the Holy spirit is that He empowers saints.Do you agree YES OR NO?

If yes,let's look at what the bible has to say about this,not your philosophy and man made theology and traditions.

“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you; and you will be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” (Acts 1:8.).

The power we receive from Him is power to preach and demonstrate the gospel of the kingdom of God, not in word only, but in power. (1 Corinthians 4:20).

1Co 4:20 For the kingdom of God is not in word, but in power

Paul said that his message and preaching were not with the persuasive words of human wisdom, but with the demonstration of the SPIRIT and of POWER, that your faith should not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. (1 Corinthians 2:4).

There are many kinds of demonstrations of the power of the Spirit. They are sometimes unexpected.( i can bear witness to these) Certainly the Spirit wants to give us power to heal the sick and cast out demons. (Matthew 10:1; Mark 16:17,18; John 14:12).

This power of the Spirit is often referred to as “the anointing”. It is the anointing which enables us to do what Christ wants us to do as sons of God. And that is, to destroy the works of the devil. (1 John 3:8b).

For a born again Christian,(Of course you will not agree with me here and that's why there are few genuine saints who manifest God's power in this era) the normal path to receiving this power involves at least 3 things.

a. The Baptism (immersion) in the Holy Spirit. (Acts 1:5; John 7:37- 39). This is the normal introduction of the believer into the realm of personally flowing in the power of God.You and so many others don't even believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost with tongues as evidence so how can you flow in the supernatural power of God.This is the door way to receive the gifts of God "without faith it is practically impossible to do business with God." (Heb 11:6 paraphrased)

b. Total dedication to God. Dedication to prayer, dedication to love, dedication to win souls for Christ, dedication to focus on the Word and on the voice of the Spirit. This dedication involves self-denial (usually including fasting –going without food for a time), a constant dedication to humbling oneself, understanding the authority we have as believers, learning to hear the voice of the Spirit, faith and boldness.

c. Brokenness. We realise that our own self-will, selfishness, stupidity and pride are the main reasons for our failures in God. We realise in ourselves (not in Christ, but in ourselves) we are rotten, corrupt and unable to do anything of value. (Romans 7:18; John 15:5b). We therefore learn to surrender quickly to the Spirit’s voice, not trusting our own minds, nor caring about our own reputation. When we make mistakes, we receive correction meekly. When we have success, we give all the glory to God.

Thank God someone like Kathryn Kuhlman who yielded herself entirely to the Holy Spirit flowed in this dimension not too long ago.

So we are not ignorant and deluded as some of you are that the gifts in the body of Christ has gone with the Apostles.SMH!

1 Like

Re: Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os by shdemidemi(m): 10:28am On Aug 28, 2013
^^^ You are not answering my questions bro
Re: Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 28, 2013
shdemidemi: ^^^ You are not answering my questions bro
You can see by my post i am not ready for a Q & A here. I have given you the answers up there,go digest my post.
Re: Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os by shdemidemi(m): 10:46am On Aug 28, 2013
Bidam: You can see by my post i am not ready for a Q & A here. I have given you the answers up there,go digest my post.

Thus says king bidam.

Nobody seem to want to answer questions these days. It is easier to type anything my brother, the work is to defend what you write. If you are not ready for questions, why post in the first place. Abi, Christianity don turn to autocratic movement ni.
Re: Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os by alexleo(m): 10:58am On Aug 28, 2013
@image123 and Bidam,

Thanks. I am not saying that miracle is not feasible in our age.
I am not also saying that there are no true men of God who are honourably and humbly carrying out this miracle. An error on my part for not seperating then.
What I am saying is the manner most pastors do theirs smacks of showmanship which is unneccessary and out of scriptural standard. The scriptures you quoted did not show Jesus himself announcing the people he healed or the apostLes. It was the people healed that spread the message. A situation where pastors are the ones blowing their trumpet as we see in most churches today was not the practice of Jesus nor the apostles.
Miracles still happen in our time but most pastors are using it for showmanship which attracts fame and wealth for them not neccessarily to lift Jesus higher. This is definitely not God's purpose for miracle.
Re: Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os by nora544: 11:32am On Aug 28, 2013
I see a documentary about how this so called man of god make the miracles.

And I must cry because they play with there followers to make more money and all is a game.

I know miracles are possible but not in this way.

When this so called great man of god could heal why the wife of the president has to fly to germany, why pastor adeboye couldnot help her because praying and fasting will help, why he cannot preach please pray and fast for our first lady that god should heal her.
Re: Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os by alexleo(m): 11:35am On Aug 28, 2013
A friend of mine invited me to one of their church program. During the miracle hour their G.O. told them that he is their back bone. That without a back bone they will break. Those statments he made were received with a thunderous applause and shouts of daddy o and he kept on repeating this from time to time. Tell me how Jesus is lifted here. The only thing most of these pastors do is to pray in the name of Jesus, but every other glory about the healing goes to them. If it were possible, those pastors will be praying in their own name but they know that if they do people will run away and will no more regard them as churches.
Re: Miracle By The Apostles Vs. Miracle By Today's Pastors And G.os by nora544: 11:45am On Aug 28, 2013
alexleo: A friend of mine invited me to one of their church program. During the miracle hour their G.O. told them that he is their back bone. That without a back bone they will break. Those statments he made were received with a thunderous applause and shouts of daddy o and he kept on repeating this from time to time. Tell me how Jesus is lifted here. The only thing most of these pastors do is to pray in the name of Jesus, but every other glory about the healing goes to them. If it were possible, those pastors will be praying in their own name but they know that if they do people will run away and will no more regard them as churches.

I know this, and i have a good friend she study religion and she is a teacher for religion in my country and at the moment she is working on her PhD about religion and economic so i get many informations from her.
My other good friend is a nigerian priest in my country and we work together in an no profit organisation to help children in poor countries in africa.

This so called great man of god know how to brainwash there followers.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ignatius Kaigama Assumes Duty As Abuja Catholic Archbishop / Do Human Clones Have Souls? / "The Good Ship Jesus." A Picture And A Thousand Words

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.