Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,692 members, 7,865,753 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:17 AM

Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound (30181 Views)

Photo: The Benin Stowaway Boy Is Seriously Growing And He Is Really Handsome / Wait, What? This Is A Seat On An Arik Plane? (photo) / 3 Arik Staff Arrested For Stealing Jet Fuel From Arik Plane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by 25omega(m): 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2013
That boy should count himself lucky because he would have died if that flight would have gone more than 2 hours. The high altitude and low oxygen would have killed him.

He will probably go home to the beatings of his life and once again this shows the world that our airport security is lacking.

1 Like

Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by obi123: 3:43pm On Aug 26, 2013
Okija_juju: Chei ya!

That Awkward Moment When the Landing gear deploys, and the first sight he sees is a Molue Bus or Ojota Bus-stop.. instead of Times Square.. grin

#Better Luck Next time hommie!!

#Hustle Hard...

lol!!!!! first for him mind im for think say na transit until e dawn on say na d last bus stop im reach so

1 Like

Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by ronski: 3:47pm On Aug 26, 2013
I did not know Arik air had a plane conductor na...lol
Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by lastmessenger: 3:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
all i can say is that there is something special about the boy.i dont know what it is but i think he will be great

2 Likes

Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by huzaifaidris: 3:50pm On Aug 26, 2013
Wow! This boy didn't even aim for places like Abuja or even Lagos. Its a good thing he didn't make it because he definitely won't survive the looooong distance from Naija to US
Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 26, 2013
I still wonder why they are treating the boy like a terrorist. The real terrorist are not dealt with. Leave the poor boy joor.
Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by ugotuf(m): 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
Ayat-Asua:
Pls how do i post a commend here?...i'm a jjc
You already posted a comment, so keep doing it the same way you did this.
Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by JingoOAU(m): 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
From an expert point of view

The survive the incidence because the trip was a short journey. The aircraft flew on an ultitude of less than 12,000ft. By the time the aircraft took off to the point of cruising level from Benin airport, the aircraft would have passed tru Ondo state. In that case, the aircraft would only need tocruise for 10minutes. In this case, immediately the arik flight got to Ogun state, it would have started descent and approach level, in this case, the boy will never feel anything since the weather and atmospheric condition under 12,00ft is favourable to an average person

Be that as it may, the landing gear compartment of boeing is unpressurised and have a small size to accommodate anything. Had it been that a person of GEJ was to be in the compartment, the gear would have crush him because his body would cover every space left in the compartment. Had it been that the aircraft was DC aeroplane, the boy will definitely survive the trip even if it is from Kano to Australia.

Anybody can survive the landing gear compartment of any DC aeroplane reason being that the compartment is pressurised and all the wiring and switches are located there in this case, these switches and wiring always make the place warmth for anybody who wanna be there. A case was reported in 1989 when a man stow himself from a flight in Kano to JKF on a DC-10 flight. During the flight, the pilot sensed that something was tampering with the cockpit switches never knowing it was the hausa boy who stowed inside the compartment that was tampering with the switches. On getting to the JKF airport, the engineers were called to do a check on the aeroplane landing gear and lo and behold, the man was found hale and hearty. He was later deported back with the next flight back to Nigeria.

The configuration of any aeroplane matters but nobody can survive any boeing aircraft landing gear compartment since the place is not pressurised

3 Likes

Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by moscobabs(m): 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
this Nigeria don tire me sef..na evry year u go dey hear big big grammar

Subsidy....2012

Stowaway....2013

sometimes ago was Deregulation, Embezzlement,I did not know the meaning of Corruption or insurgency untill Democracy came

2 Likes

Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by dont8(m): 3:53pm On Aug 26, 2013
You can imagine the danger this would have caused the people on-board and their family members.
Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by adamooye5(m): 3:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
No one is rich enough 2 buy yesterday, but if u hustle hard tomorrow can be yours....Street is the Name, Hustle is the Game, Money is the Gain, God is d Way.he's thought I guess,like if u agree with me.

2 Likes

Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by mkoabiola: 3:55pm On Aug 26, 2013
Even if d plane was going to US,he will stil survive because he has zero hs mind.
Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by misspetite(f): 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
dedons: The devil is a liar...

Him village people no want am to succeed...

Every monitoring demon in this boy's life must die by fire.

Lol why evils nau?
Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by coretechng1(m): 3:57pm On Aug 26, 2013
What a brave,strong but ignorant boy.
Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by Nobody: 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2013
sanandreas: Na two of us wan go together. I tell am make e wait for me, e nor hear. Just landed @ heathrow airport london. Ihikena sorry en. Nor worry wen maga pay i go surely remember you.
deceiving ur self cheesy
Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by AHA1(m): 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
anytexy: No matter how we try to justify his action. The trueth remains that there is criminal tendencies in him and he need to be catch young b/4 he developd as a terorist. To commend him is to encourage other younger ones to comit crime. He needs to be rehablitated. "A stitch in time saves nine".

WHAT ABOUT YOU,ARE YOU NOT A CRIMINAL.WOULD YOU SWEAR TO US THAT YOUR F.A.ther HAS NEVER COMMITTED A CRIME.
KETTLE CALLING POT BLACK
Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by dont8(m): 4:00pm On Aug 26, 2013
This mentality of majority of Benin people that if you don't travel abroad you won't make it has to stop
immediately, God help them.

3 Likes

Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by victorv12(m): 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
The boy is just tired of Nigeria. I swear I love his spirit. He just want to live the country at all cost! I wish someone can help him out. He will be better off in the United state than our shit hole. The boy is just tired of poverty and oppression around him...for a young boy to be highly rugged like this, his heart is strong, and has witnessed many thing we can't image!!

See how that disgruntled looking crooked azz muthafuckin cop dragging the boy! No wonder the boy wants to flee...he's tired of oppression! American embassy should come to his aid. The Nigerian vultures are about to eat him up!!

3 Likes

Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by Aromas: 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2013
Kairoseki77: He should be happy that it wasn't.

On a local flight the plane doesn't fly very high. If he was really on a flight to the US, then he would have died because:

1. There isn't enough oxygen to support human life at 10,000 meters. He would have suffocated.

2. That high in the air, it is extremely cold. In fact, it is -38 degrees Celcius at 10,000 meters. He would have frozen to death.

This info is for the mumus who will read this story and want to try it. You will be a frozen corpse by the time you land in Yankee. grin

C ur mouth, dis a young guy who determined to flow d flight to USA not knowing that the itself is gonna land in another region in same Nigeria. No matter how degree the coldness of air is doesn't really matter to him(I mean d boy). So he aims was to land in USA and find his route. Well, to me I think dis young guy deserve honour, Yes, honour in d sense dat d gov't should take care of him and enrol him into NIGERIA DEFENCE ACADEMY straight up bcus such a young and brave guy like dis can throw bomb inside d ASO ROCK or NATIONAL ASSEMBLY. Come 2 think of it what if boko haram train dis boy!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by Nobody: 4:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
Jingo-OAU:
From an expert point of view

The survive the incidence because the trip was a short journey. The aircraft flew on an ultitude of less than 12,000ft. By the time the aircraft took off to the point of cruising level from Benin airport, the aircraft would have passed tru Ondo state. In that case, the aircraft would only need tocruise for 10minutes. In this case, immediately the arik flight got to Ogun state, it would have started descent and approach level, in this case, the boy will never feel anything since the weather and atmospheric condition under 12,00ft is favourable to an average person

Be that as it may, the landing gear compartment of boeing is unpressurised and have a small size to accommodate anything. Had it been that a person of GEJ was to be in the compartment, the gear would have crush him because his body would cover every space left in the compartment. Had it been that the aircraft was DC aeroplane, the boy will definitely survive the trip even if it is from Kano to Australia.

Anybody can survive the landing gear compartment of any DC aeroplane reason being that the compartment is pressurised and all the wiring and switches are located there in this case, these switches and wiring always make the place warmth for anybody who wanna be there. A case was reported in 1989 when a man stow himself from a flight in Kano to JKF on a DC-10 flight. During the flight, the pilot sensed that something was tampering with the cockpit switches never knowing it was the hausa boy who stowed inside the compartment that was tampering with the switches. On getting to the JKF airport, the engineers were called to do a check on the aeroplane landing gear and lo and behold, the man was found hale and hearty. He was later deported back with the next flight back to Nigeria.

The configuration of any aeroplane matters but nobody can survive any boeing aircraft landing gear compartment since the place is not pressurised
Mr man must u use GEJ as an example ?

2 Likes

Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by AnanseK(m): 4:13pm On Aug 26, 2013
youth from those parts. That's how they are taught to think. Girl Italy, boys US - by all means.

Of course - He can get a connecting flight from Lagos, I suppose - in another tyre compartment.

1 Like

Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by Nobody: 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2013
tallceejay:

First of all Benin isn't an int'l airport, and planes bound for US usually hv stops, maybe in europe. Anyway, he's a kid. What does he knw
I wonder if you are speaking to me or to the young lad undecided

1 Like

Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by holums(m): 4:17pm On Aug 26, 2013
Clever boy dat outsmart d security operatives without being seen and all d same he was also ignorant not knowing d implication of what he was doing......I think d Govt should help d poor boy maybe sponsor him to school of aviation,train him as pilot.......this boy risked his life,wot Van damme and Jackie Chan never done in a movie,this boy did it
Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by Ayatullah(m): 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2013
There is need for Nigerians to really know the mind of this 'Very Brave', but misinformed boy (Thanks be to God for his Life).........he only put to practice one of those stories we all listen to while growing up. Our Journalists should please trace him, let us hear him out in the Print, and Electronic Media........infact the story he will tell should be made into a Book for him.

1 Like

Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by justplainpaul(m): 4:30pm On Aug 26, 2013
See the boy face. he dey shock mode. i can imagine what that young boy is thinking. he`s thinking `this is another dream of mine not coming through`
Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by gentlelyfe(m): 4:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
hahahahhahahhaa....ds boy is our nigerian bruce willis oo..he is too much...abeg mek dem free him joor...abi dose security people fit try?
Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by Phonon: 4:32pm On Aug 26, 2013
Bad market
Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by Kessythegeek(m): 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
Hezron Lorraine: Wetin the poor benin boy sabi.he think say every plane na america dey go.eyah.your own pass Soul plane.
e-diot like u...daniel ihineka hws that bini? U n d boy me nor cum knw who mumu pass..
Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by godwinony(m): 4:34pm On Aug 26, 2013
these are the kind of kids CIA and MI6 recruit young into their special ops squad..by the time they reach 25, only 2 of his kind can parachute into a country, wreck havoc in missions and evacuate without a trace..we need this..

1 Like

Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by Kessythegeek(m): 4:35pm On Aug 26, 2013
AnanseK: youth from those parts. That's how they are taught to think. Girl Itay, boys US - by all means.

Of course - He can get a connecting flight from Lagos.
big fool...hw do u think.?? Ode
Re: Stowaway Boy Thought Arik Plane Was US-Bound by Kessythegeek(m): 4:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
It all boils down to poverty ...

I think he got some good chunks of mind...he should be trained and taken care of...10,000ft aint no joke.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Airlines Told To Avoid Afghanistan Airspace As Emirates Airline Suspends Flights / The 10 Greatest Commercial Passenger Aircrafts( Planes) Of All Time / Bike Rider Crushed To Death Along Benin-okene Road (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.