Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,665 members, 7,955,402 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:56 AM

The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition (4684 Views)

Nigerian Communication Commission (NCC) Undergraduate Essay Competition / 2012 UBA Foundation Essay Competition For SSS Students / WORLD BANK Scholarships, Vacancies & Essay Competitions (2009/2010) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by Nobody: 9:57am On Aug 26, 2013
Now in its third year, the essay competition is open to all secondary school students in Nigeria. The competition is organized by the Dickens Sanomi Foundation a Non-Governmental Organization set up to promote the importance of education, in particular writing skills amongst our youth.

Essay Topics

Junior Secondary School Category:
How has environmental concerns and climate change affected Nigerians?
Discuss.

Senior Secondary School Category
What are the effects of Social Media on Nigerian students/youths? Discuss.

Guidelines
Essay must not be more than 1,500 words long- they can be hand written or typed. The judges will be looking for students to have captured the relevance of the titles given, grammar, presentation and the logical argument for both sides.

Prizes
There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize in each category. The winners will receive a substantial cash grant towards their school fees (Up to N450,000 cash). In addition the first prize winners will also receive a grant for their school for a worthwhile project of the schools choice! (Up to N500,000 cash)

Award prize giving event will take place on the 3rd October 2013 at the Yar’Adua Centre Abuja.

How to Enter
Students can submit their essays in the following ways:

Candidate MUST include their Name, Name of school, Telephone number and E-mail address.
You can either send entries by email to the address info@dickenssanomi.org

OR

by post/by hand to the DSF office.
Address:
4, Oguda Close, Off Lake Chad Crescent, Maitima, Abuja FCT, Nigeria.

For more information please check our official website

www.dickenssanomi.org

OR

contact us on +234 809 276 9831.

Deadline
All essays must be received by 7th September 2013

source: http://.com/jobs/dickens-sanomi-foundation-national-annual-essay-competition/
Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by cyrexx: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2013
Nice
Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by tony5002x: 1:40pm On Aug 28, 2013
This is really cool
Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by vivaciousvivi(f): 1:47pm On Aug 28, 2013
This is NOT fair! tongue
Considering his level of maturity, there was no topic which Yudezo can participate in now! Nothing for those in Kindergarten !!!!!

1 Like

Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by Clemzy16(m): 1:53pm On Aug 28, 2013
When i was in secondary school i wrote the Nigerian Stock Exchange Essay competition http://scholarshubafrica.com/293/nigerian-stock-exchange-essay-competition-2011/ alongside other students in my school. That was the last we heard from them. They didn't come back to inform us anything about the aftermath of the competition. I really wanted to win, i ensured i wrote the essay myself and put in my very best just to come out successful. At the time i was suppose to submit the essay to my principal, my school was on strike which proved negative until a friend told me she had submitted hers at the organisations headquater. I went to their headquarter at sapele rd benin but they were telling me stories, they said my school principal had to sign first before it can be approved knowing fully well that public schools were on strike and there was no way i could get the signature. I was asked to come the next day which i did yet yielded no fruit cause i didn't get to meet the staff i met the previous day. I however gave myself a break and again went there for the umpteen time begging before they collected it from me. Weeks later the strike was called off; weeks turned into months yet no news from them. I was always googling the essay the know if the result had been released but to no avail. I even posted my email address on the link above so i could get first hand information from them. It was obvious that they had gotten a winner while my school and other public schools were boycotted. Except private schools. Or so i thought. I was sad not because i didn't win, but because of the undemocratic way and manner in which the essay was handled.

IMO, these people already know their winner even before the essay.

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®

5 Likes

Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by Capnd143(m): 2:09pm On Aug 28, 2013
@op This one wey i don finish secondary school do u mean that that 450K is gone just like that? U dey lie . . . #EZE GOES BACK TO SCHOOL

4 Likes

Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by Milikiman: 2:19pm On Aug 28, 2013
only music is naija promotn no sci nd tech.tank God for ds one
Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 28, 2013
This is what I call scholarship, not "yeye" atiku abubakar foundation scholarship, that offers only one position in a country with over 170million citizens.

1 Like

Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 28, 2013
Clemzy16: When i was in secondary school i wrote the Nigerian Stock Exchange Essay competition http://scholarshubafrica.com/293/nigerian-stock-exchange-essay-competition-2011/ alongside other students in my school. That was the last we heard from them. They didn't come back to inform us anything about the aftermath of the competition. I really wanted to win, i ensured i wrote the essay myself and put in my very best just to come out successful. At the time i was suppose to submit the essay to my principal, my school was on strike which proved negative until a friend told me she had submitted hers at the organisations headquater. I went to their headquarter at sapele rd benin but they were telling me stories, they said my school principal had to sign first before it can be approved knowing fully well that public schools were on strike and there was no way i could get the signature. I was asked to come the next day which i did yet yielded no fruit cause i didn't get to meet the staff i met the previous day. I however gave myself a break and again went there for the umpteen time begging before they collected it from me. Weeks later the strike was called off; weeks turned into months yet no news from them. I was always googling the essay the know if the result had been released but to no avail. It was obvious that they had gotten a winner while my school and other public schools were boycotted. Except private schools. Or so i thought. I was sad not because i didn't win, but because of the undemocratic way and manner in which the essay was handled.

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®

Sorry, I won one of their essay competition. No thanks to my crazy principle though. Never laid my hands on the compensation.
Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
Clemzy16: When i was in secondary school i wrote the Nigerian Stock Exchange Essay competition http://scholarshubafrica.com/293/nigerian-stock-exchange-essay-competition-2011/ alongside other students in my school. That was the last we heard from them. They didn't come back to inform us anything about the aftermath of the competition. I really wanted to win, i ensured i wrote the essay myself and put in my very best just to come out successful. At the time i was suppose to submit the essay to my principal, my school was on strike which proved negative until a friend told me she had submitted hers at the organisations headquater. I went to their headquarter at sapele rd benin but they were telling me stories, they said my school principal had to sign first before it can be approved knowing fully well that public schools were on strike and there was no way i could get the signature. I was asked to come the next day which i did yet yielded no fruit cause i didn't get to meet the staff i met the previous day. I however gave myself a break and again went there for the umpteen time begging before they collected it from me. Weeks later the strike was called off; weeks turned into months yet no news from them. I was always googling the essay the know if the result had been released but to no avail. I even posted my email address on the link above so i could get first hand information from them. It was obvious that they had gotten a winner while my school and other public schools were boycotted. Except private schools. Or so i thought. I was sad not because i didn't win, but because of the undemocratic way and manner in which the essay was handled.

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®
The Nigerian stock exchange essay competition is as real as reality itself...I use to have a very close friend of mine back in secondary school days who came first and was given a plaque and stock value of the cash price...I beg to disagree that not all competition are already scripted though some may be scripted but definitely not nse essay competition
Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by Clemzy16(m): 3:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
temiosunrinde:
The Nigerian stock exchange essay competition is as real as reality itself...I use to have a very close friend of mine back in secondary school days who came first and was given a plaque and stock value of the cash price...I beg to disagree that not all competition are already scripted though some may be scripted but definitely not nse essay competition
i couldn't agree less with you. But my major concern was that we didn't get any feedback atleast to know our fate.
Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by Clemzy16(m): 3:24pm On Aug 28, 2013
adeaugustus:

Sorry, I won one of their essay competition. No thanks to my crazy principle though. Never laid my hands on the compensation.
Awwww....that's no fair. They should have given you some money atleast for uplifting the reputation of the school.

1 Like

Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by drrid(m): 5:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
"Nigeria" my country,
Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by Nobody: 5:22pm On Aug 28, 2013
I would like to apply, but my school does nt go beyond olmpiad nd cowbell. I don't bliv in naija stuffs, winners of competitions like this 're from private skul..can't blame them though....
Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
IssyGenius: I would like to apply, but my school does nt go beyond olmpiad nd cowbell. I don't bliv in naija stuffs, winners of competitions like this 're from private skul..can't blame them though....
No! Although I attended a private school, but I don't know how that influenced my winning.

If you're a good writer, enter the competition, not trying is the crime, trying and not winning isn't.

Am currently awaiting the result of a national essay competition, I got to know about it, three days before deadline for entry submission, needless I say that, I did not write the essay to my satisfaction, but that doesn't mean it would not appeal to the judge.

So submit an entry and cross your fingers.

1 Like

Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by idu1(m): 6:46pm On Aug 28, 2013
On behalf of all nairalanders, i present 'yuzedo' to represent all of u in the essay competition!

1 Like

Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by Dawinlove(m): 7:46pm On Aug 28, 2013
Clemzy16: When i was in secondary school i wrote the Nigerian Stock Exchange Essay competition http://scholarshubafrica.com/293/nigerian-stock-exchange-essay-competition-2011/ alongside other students in my school. That was the last we heard from them. They didn't come back to inform us anything about the aftermath of the competition. I really wanted to win, i ensured i wrote the essay myself and put in my very best just to come out successful. At the time i was suppose to submit the essay to my principal, my school was on strike which proved negative until a friend told me she had submitted hers at the organisations headquater. I went to their headquarter at sapele rd benin but they were telling me stories, they said my school principal had to sign first before it can be approved knowing fully well that public schools were on strike and there was no way i could get the signature. I was asked to come the next day which i did yet yielded no fruit cause i didn't get to meet the staff i met the previous day. I however gave myself a break and again went there for the umpteen time begging before they collected it from me. Weeks later the strike was called off; weeks turned into months yet no news from them. I was always googling the essay the know if the result had been released but to no avail. I even posted my email address on the link above so i could get first hand information from them. It was obvious that they had gotten a winner while my school and other public schools were boycotted. Except private schools. Or so i thought. I was sad not because i didn't win, but because of the undemocratic way and manner in which the essay was handled.

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®
bros u sure say u writE am urself
Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by cupidora(f): 10:35pm On Aug 28, 2013
Please can some1 tell me d equivalence of 1,500 to how many pages of fullscap sheets?
Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by Joe5(m): 11:13pm On Aug 28, 2013
Me too. I wrote the nse essay, I was in SS2 then 2005. The topic was " why I want to be a stock broker " I wrote very well according to the specifications. Typed, double-spaced and in 14points times new Roman. My principal stamped my entry form. Then it could only be submitted by post. I took it to the post office affixed stamp duty and posted it. That was the end. No news of the result till date.
Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by RealJenny(f): 9:38am On Aug 29, 2013
cupidora: Please can some1 tell me d equivalence of 1,500 to how many pages of fullscap sheets?
It depends on hw many words you write per horizontal line, get an average of hw many words you write per line and multiply it by the number of vertical lines available on the full scap sheet, that should lead you somewhere
Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by cupidora(f): 10:39pm On Aug 29, 2013
RealJenny:
It depends on hw many words you write per horizontal line, get an average of hw many words you write per line and multiply it by the number of vertical lines available on the full scap sheet, that should lead you somewhere
thank u
Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by oriauwa: 7:39pm On Oct 03, 2013
Win scholarship, equity investment, tablet and more in The Nigerian Stock Exchange Essay Competition 2013. Click for more https://www.facebook.com/TheNigerianStockExchange/app_256579511063777
Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 04, 2013
NSE

Re: The Dickens Sanomi Foundation National Annual Essay Competition by awule: 11:49am On Nov 22, 2017
Student E-Learning Application & Tablet @ N30,000
Quality e-Learning Experience
on the Go!

Nigeria company develops an e-learning App that enables Students pass their JSCE, SSCE, JAMB exams with flying colours

AN INNOVATIVE E-LEARNING TABLET SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS AND PREPARATION FOR JAMB,JSCE,BECE WAEC AND NECO ETC & MORE

Contains the following

· Over 2,000 video tutorials in the app teaching Mathematics, Use of English, Physics, Chemistry, Commerce, Biology, Government, Financial Accounting, Economics, Geography and Literature in English.
· Over 100,000 practice problems from JAMB, WAEC, GCE and Aptitude Tests
· No internet required
· Educational games in the app to keep you engaged at all times.
· A personalized learning dashboard
· A personalized learning engine to help you track what you have learned and recommend what you can do next.
· Progress reports via SMS
· Automated exercises and remote examinations with continuous assessments.
· Self-paced, provides consistent content, fast and works anywhere and anytime.
· A chat like WhatsApp to help you share knowledge.
· Special private tutorials for you
The Secondary School E-learning Tablet + App comes in 2 variants: SSCE, JSCE,

FEATURES OF THE SSCE E-LEARNING TABLET +APP.

Over 99,000 revision past questions and answers covering WAEC, NECO, SSCE &JAMB exams for the past 25 years
Over 2,000 key video tutorials on WAEC curriculum approved subjects
It does not require internet connection before use
A personalized learning dash board,
Approved curriculum textbooks and keypoints
Available in Android 4.1, screen size: 7 inches, SIM slot,3G network.

Features of the JSCE E-Learning Tablet + App

Revision past questions and answers covering Junior Secondary Exams
Video class tutorials on the following subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Basic Science, Introductory Technology, Civic Education, Agricultural Science, Computer science & Social Studies
It does not require internet connection before use
A personalized learning dash board,
Approved curriculum textbooks and keypoints
Available in Android 4.1, screen size: 7 inches, SIM slot,3G network.

RE SELLERS WANTED NATIONWIDE.

How to Make 500K Monthly Profit as a Reseller of the E-learning Tablet + App.
The market potential for the Student E-learning Tablet + App. is enormous! Every secondary school student in Nigeria needs this Tab + App. As a reseller, you can sell to students, parents, Secondary schools, cyber cafes, Tutorial centres ,education support NGOs , Government agencies etc This is a moneymaking opportunity you can?t afford to miss!
.TO BECOME A RESELLER CALL/ WHATSAPP: 08036911296, 08033264815,
LAGOS OFFICE
Bethelmndels Int?l Ltd
27, Atunikeolabanji street, off John Olugbo street, Through unity Road, Ikeja Lagos, 08180065490
http://mendelsedutablets.com

(1) (Reply)

Job Offer In Port Harcourt Is It A Scam ? HELP / Drivers Wanted Urgently In Lekki/ikoyi / Story Of My Life...how Ignorance Destroyed My Interview!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.