Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Show Me The Code Error - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Show Me The Code Error (852 Views)

Nigerian Map With Clickable Links On Each States. How Do I Get The Code / Hello I Have Internet Banking Source Code Error Is Several Line / Who Knows The Code For An Email Extractor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Show Me The Code Error by edetcnn(m): 1:57am On Jun 11, 2008
Hi good people,
Please somebody go through this codes and tell me why I can't see the #content_block. Am very eager to learn from better hands.
Here's the code:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
<title>Welcome to my practice page!</title>
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" href="source.css">
<style type="text/css">
<!--
body {
background: white url(images/bg.gif) no-repeat}
-->
</style>
</head>

<body >
<div id="container_main">
<div id="header_main"></div>
<div id="headline"></div>
<div id="content_block"></div>
</div>
</body>
</html>

and the CSS:

/* CSS Document */

#container_main {
position: absolute;
left: 130px;
width:750px;
height:auto;
background-color: #FFFFFF;
padding-bottom: 5px;
border-style:groove; border-width:medium; border-color:#CCCCCC;
}

#header_main {
width:inherit;
height:150px;
background: url(images/millionaireheader1.jpg);
}

#headline {
background-image: url(images/millionairenigeria2.gif);
width:750px;
height:57px;
}

#content_block {
position: relative;
left: 200px;
width:500px;
height: 400px;
color: #FF6600;
visibility: visible;
z-index: 2px;
}

I just want the page to flow according to the contents. And how can I add rounded corners at the foot of the page? photoshop?

I'll appreciate the advice and inputs. Thanks
Re: Show Me The Code Error by yawatide(f): 11:58am On Jun 11, 2008
hmmmm,

cd it be because u hv no content in #content_block? Just wondering. I just added content and I saw the positioning of the div.

One thing I like to do with my css when it goes awry is turn on borders for each div. I would recommend you do a "border: 1px solid blue" for example for each div. change the color for each div so you can tell which from which.

since you are into css, i would recommend you use a library, in this case, openrico.org, for your rounded corners. You just declare the necessary files, apply the javascript code to the div in question and presto! that div is rounded. It however applies to the entire div though. Of course, digging deep into the code, you might be able to find that it can be applied to either the top/bottom and not both.

If you want to use Photoshop, it's okay I guess. I think you would have to alter the 'feather' value of the rounded shape tool. I am not too sure as I am not a designer at heart and as I said, I would rather use openrico for rounded corners.

Good luck!
Re: Show Me The Code Error by edetcnn(m): 2:46am On Jun 12, 2008
yawa-ti-de,
There's something about passing knowledge, you will always be a reference and part of any success as a result of the "little" or "insignificant" knowledge you pass on in your life time. I am truly grateful for your input. The link you directed me is full of very helpful resources. I'll let you know the success of the site in future. Thanks.
Re: Show Me The Code Error by yawatide(f): 4:14am On Jun 12, 2008
@edetcnn,

No problem or as TuFace would say, "mfina ibaha o". Any time.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Attach My Ajax Toolkit With Visual Studio / Javascript Vs Actionscript / New Social Network Unthink Says ‘fu’ To Facebook And Google+

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.