Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Dear Nairalanders, Is This Wrong? - Building Client's Website With Wordpress. - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Dear Nairalanders, Is This Wrong? - Building Client's Website With Wordpress. (747 Views)

Let Me Show You How To Build A Website With Wordpress...fast! / How Create Any Website With Wordpress (wordpress Tutorial App) / Create Your Personal Website With Google Page Creator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Nairalanders, Is This Wrong? - Building Client's Website With Wordpress. by Roidatom(m): 12:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
I recently concluded a certificate course on web development learning HTML and basic PHP. However i discovered wordpress and noticed that i could build better websites using wordpress CMS than using what i've been taught.
My question:
Is it okay to build clients' website using wordpress and still charge normal rate? as long as i provide what they like.
Thank you, please comment.
Re: Dear Nairalanders, Is This Wrong? - Building Client's Website With Wordpress. by kingscorps(m): 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2013
YES!!!. As long as they get what they want. They dont have to pay for the effort you invest alone. If you get it done better with a simpler method, its to their gain also because you will deliver in time. and trust me; this matters.
Re: Dear Nairalanders, Is This Wrong? - Building Client's Website With Wordpress. by infomarketing99: 12:38am On Aug 27, 2013
first thing first. Do you know how to use wordpress? There are things to consider before using wp for clients.

First does the site required blogging or autogenrated pages? I recomend u stick to the html site while u pratic how to use wp.
Goodluck through

God bless
Re: Dear Nairalanders, Is This Wrong? - Building Client's Website With Wordpress. by pisolution(m): 4:04pm On Aug 27, 2013
People are not pay for certificate. They pay for quality service rendered.
Re: Dear Nairalanders, Is This Wrong? - Building Client's Website With Wordpress. by Roidatom(m): 8:05am On Aug 29, 2013
Thanks to you all. That means i can charge as I wish right?
Re: Dear Nairalanders, Is This Wrong? - Building Client's Website With Wordpress. by Pins(m): 9:04am On Aug 29, 2013
U can not build very sophisticated web applications with wp,therefore as a good developer u shud increase ur knowledge of coding rather than tilting to cms systems like wordpress and joomla although u cud still hv their knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nairalanders, Is This Wrong? - Building Client's Website With Wordpress. by kemini(m): 3:58pm On Oct 18, 2013
Microsoft's website runs in WordPress,CNN, etc and a lot, I can build very complex websites with WordPress, I even build themes from scratch, so yes you can charge your clients based on your efforts and word press is still the leading cms site with over 250 million websites built with it world wide, and am a guru programmer with the WordPress platform having being taught by Germans and Americans on its uses
Re: Dear Nairalanders, Is This Wrong? - Building Client's Website With Wordpress. by mrperfect(m): 12:10am On Oct 22, 2013
There is nothing wrong with that as far is your client will be satisfied at the end.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Start A Reseller Hosting Site ( HELP ) / Why Does Google Keep Stealing My Site Search Keywords / Bulk Sms Site, Who Can Help My Budget Is #5000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.