Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,614 members, 7,823,669 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

U-17 World Cup: Eaglets Of Nigeria Land In Tricky Group - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / U-17 World Cup: Eaglets Of Nigeria Land In Tricky Group (752 Views)

The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: U-17 World Cup (India 2017) / Nigeria Vs Australia: FIFA U-17 World Cup: (6 - 0) On 29th October 2015 / 26th Afrobasket: Nigeria Land Quarter-final Ticket, Beat Chad 84-46 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

U-17 World Cup: Eaglets Of Nigeria Land In Tricky Group by Bash92(m): 10:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
Nigeria’s Golden Eaglets had been handed a tough
test after drawing the defending champions Mexico,
Iraq and Sweden in the draws for the FIFA cadet
youth championship which took place in the United
Arab Emirates on Monday. The draws which took place at the Hotel Fairmont Bab
Al Bahr, Abu Dhabi saw the Manu Garba team pitched
in Group F. The Mexicans would start the defence of the trophy
they won as hosts in 2011 when they confronted the
Eaglets on October 19. Nigeria has won the tournament three times
previously in 1985, 1993 and 2007.
Full draws
GROUP A: UAE, Honduras, Brazil, Slovakia
GROUP B: Uruguay, New Zealand, Cote ‘d”Ivoire,
Italy
GROUP C: Croatia, Morocco, Panama, Uzbekistan.
GROUP D: Tunisia, Venezuela, Russia, Japan
GROUP E: Canada, Austria, Iran, Argentina
GROUP F: Mexico, Nigeria, Iraq, Sweden

1 Like

Re: U-17 World Cup: Eaglets Of Nigeria Land In Tricky Group by Bash92(m): 10:12pm On Aug 26, 2013
Re: U-17 World Cup: Eaglets Of Nigeria Land In Tricky Group by komekn(m): 4:20pm On Aug 27, 2013
I have lost interest in our age group competitions just as we have lost all integrity in our selection of men to play against boys.

When will it all end ? there are genuine under 17 players in Nigeria but not given the opportunity to compete or even participate in these competitions. It was posted here a 16 year old Nigerian born in the USA purported to have failed the MRI test and denied the chance to compete.

Just seen a picture not sure how up to date it is , but they don't look U17 to me and I am sure to any one who wants to state the obvious. http://sunnewsonline.com/new/sports/eaglets-handed-mexico-sweden-opponents/

If given the chance, I am almost certain I could assemble a genuine U17 team that would do us proud just from the UK, from my personal experience, 85% of premiership academies have a player or players of Nigerian origin and that includes the racist Everton, who are genuinely U17. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

error / Ibrahimovic Attacks Guardiola And Capello, Praises Mourinho / Can The Gunners Survive This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.