Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,677 members, 7,823,914 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. - Phones (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. (423077 Views)

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / Gionee Pioneer P3 discussion thread / Gionee Pioneer P2 Rooting And Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (216) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by swisscarter(m): 2:00pm On Jul 21, 2014
theogabriel: No... Thinking of rooting and doing the CWM Recovery before transfering to my phone.

okay
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by theogabriel: 4:30am On Jul 22, 2014
swisscarter:

okay
Bros, how do I safely flash the CWM Recovery? I want to be very careful to avoid bricking.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by theogabriel: 7:25am On Jul 22, 2014
And how do I safely UNROOT the phone after flashing with CWM Recovery?
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by theogabriel: 7:39am On Jul 22, 2014
After unrooting my phone, do I loose the CWM Recovery and return to the default Recovery?
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by ShehuAba(m): 8:07am On Jul 22, 2014
Please how do I change to 3g service on my p2. I don't get that vividly. please do help. It just shows an Edge network only.
Awaiting your responses.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by kendrick93(m): 12:29pm On Jul 22, 2014
pls guys when am downloading a large file,when d screen goes blank d connection stops.. dud to dis i cnt download larga files lyk when i'm sleeping.. once d screen locks(goes blank) d connection stops.. pls help me with d settings. thanks
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by theogabriel: 2:14pm On Jul 22, 2014
kendrick93: pls guys when am downloading a large file,when d screen goes blank d connection stops.. dud to dis i cnt download larga files lyk when i'm sleeping.. once d screen locks(goes blank) d connection stops.. pls help me with d settings. thanks
Your battery saver, either a third party app (e.g. DU battery saver and battery doctor) or the system power management is set to switch Data off when screen sleeps. Check them
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by kendrick93(m): 2:28pm On Jul 22, 2014
theogabriel: Your battery saver, either a third party app (e.g. DU battery saver and battery doctor) or the system power management is set to switch Data off when screen sleeps. Check them
i hav checked cnt see any stuff lyk dat.. cn u help me
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mhyke: 2:57pm On Jul 22, 2014
kendrick93: i hav checked cnt see any stuff lyk dat.. cn u help me
ar yu on 3g?..if yes,switch to edge nd auto brightness
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mhyke: 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2014
kendrick93: pls guys when am downloading a large file,when d screen goes blank d connection stops.. dud to dis i cnt download larga files lyk when i'm sleeping.. once d screen locks(goes blank) d connection stops.. pls help me with d settings. thanks

unrestrict background data for d app u r using to download
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mhyke: 3:03pm On Jul 22, 2014
theogabriel:
Thanks. How do I flash the CWM Recovery and transfer to my phone? How much risk is involved in this CWM Recovery flashing? I just hope not to brick another person's phone in the process and enter double inconvenience.

cmw is a recovery mode file that overides ur stock recovery mode,there s no way u can transfer from phone to phone.assumin yu had cmw flashed wit no backup,u can create a cmw backup on a phone nd then insert the memory card to yur fone....hav yu tried flashn d primo f2 rom?...nd hav yu tried hard reset at all?
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by theogabriel: 4:13pm On Jul 22, 2014
kendrick93: i hav checked cnt see any stuff lyk dat.. cn u help me

1. uninstall and re-install whatever battery saver you use and do not modify the setting after re-installing. Do same to Clean Master, if installed.
2. Go to SETTING>ALL SETTINGS, scroll down and select POWER SAVING and turn both SYSTEM and CUSTOM POWER SAVING off.
Note: Nothing is wrong with your phone. If the above fail, then you must have configured a similar task killer (as those mentioned above) to behave that way. If you can't navigate your way back, do a factory reset.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by theogabriel: 5:11pm On Jul 22, 2014
Mhyke:

cmw is a recovery mode file that overides ur stock recovery mode,there s no way u can transfer from phone to phone.assumin yu had cmw flashed wit no backup,u can create a cmw backup on a phone nd then insert the memory card to yur fone....hav yu tried flashn d primo f2 rom?...nd hav yu tried hard reset at all?

THANKS
(1) After flashing the CWM Recovery on my phone, do I still have it as my RECOVERY (instead of the stock system recovery) even when I unroot or do a factory reset thereafter?

(2) I don't mean transfering the CWM Recovery itself, but backing up ROM with the CWM Recovery then sending the backup to my bricked phone that has no CWM Recovery, then using the stock system recovery to restore the phone using the transfered backup. Will it work?

(3) I tried flashing with the Gionee P2 stock ROM I downloaded from the XDA-Developers site, but kept getting SP-Flash Tool error 8038.
I'm yet to try the Primo F2 ROM because I'm currently in a place with too poor an internet speed to download such large files.

(4) Hard Reset? I did Factory Reset. Are they different?
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mckandre(m): 11:08am On Jul 23, 2014
theogabriel:
THANKS
(1) After flashing the CWM Recovery on my phone, do I still have it as my RECOVERY (instead of the stock system recovery) even when I unroot or do a factory reset thereafter?

(2) I don't mean transfering the CWM Recovery itself, but backing up ROM with the CWM Recovery then sending the backup to my bricked phone that has no CWM Recovery, then using the stock system recovery to restore the phone using the transfered backup. Will it work?

(3) I tried flashing with the Gionee P2 stock ROM I downloaded from the XDA-Developers site, but kept getting SP-Flash Tool error 8038.
I'm yet to try the Primo F2 ROM because I'm currently in a place with too poor an internet speed to download such large files.

lol, this your number 2. is funny,it ain't possible ni. 1. why would you want to unroot your phone 3. forget sp flash tool and use cwm, go to Waltonforum and get a list of countless roms to your disposal. 4. hard reset? abi na flashing things you meant ,all na the Same ni. welcome to the world of Android bro
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mhyke: 11:24am On Jul 23, 2014
theogabriel:
THANKS

u cant use stock recovery mode to flash d backed up cmw rom
factory reset's d same as hard reset.....if there's a gionee care centre where u reside,try it
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Androidking: 11:59am On Jul 23, 2014
Androidking: I have used tecno p3. L3. gionee p2. opsson ivo 6622. Thl T5s and others.. I have handled good HTC phones one thing I noticed that is important is that HTC camera is good flash is good and can give u flash light while u video too... gionee m2 gat u covered....
the phone never hot from my experience....
the camera is better.. but Thl is better than m2...
the flash is sooooo flash.. DAT u can use it as bulb....
the shape is mature ..and 5" is complete
the ba3 is jus... oh!.. d ba3 is oh!... in short the ba3 is jus. I gat ur back!!!!
the screen guide is not smooth u may need to buy another one to replace it the follow come.

among all games I only like FIFA.. so I can tell u about FIFA... FIFA in m2 is so FIFA. smooth... ppl will think world cup is still on as u play FIFA with m2....
it came with two back cover with and black.. dats awesome and a mature flip case
within the 8gig ROM.. system takes 2gig.. gives u two gig for installing apps and 4gig for files and media storage...
and I have 16gig SD card making it 20gig still d phone boot fast....
all these jus package in 24000... otg can not make u spend extra 5k na which u will soon get bored with trust me..
I root my phone with vroot for PC... changed my imei and am flexing glo bis I sub twice giving me 6gig for 2k... my network reception is strong in all sim card...
if the phone is far from ur place simply meet
elijahdre he gat ur back

with this few points of mine I believe I am able to convince u on the reason why u should have gionee m2...thank u
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by elclon: 4:06pm On Jul 20
mehn this is not what I expected..from phone with 4200mah battery..or am I unlucky..?
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by femijck(m): 6:11pm On Jul 20
elclon: mehn this is not what I expected..from phone with 4200mah battery..or am I unlucky..?
oh ba3 palava or what??
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Enyogbe: 9:24pm On Jul 20
elclon: mehn this is not what I expected..from phone with 4200mah battery..or am I unlucky..?
where you buy your own ?? location price?
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by jakiedudu(m): 9:28pm On Jul 20
Kamaye: Due to the recent loss of data on nairaland i think there is the need to revive some (if not all) the lost threads in this section. here is one of my favourite threads.
pls do u know if droidvpn is still working with mtn bbc plans?
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by Kamaye(m): 4:27am On Jul 21
jakiedudu: pls do u know if droidvpn is still working with mtn bbc plans?
NO
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
Re: GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread. by geefivez(m): 6:58am On Jul 21
Androidking: I have used tecno p3. L3. gionee p2. opsson ivo 6622. Thl T5s and others.. I have handled good HTC phones one thing I noticed that is important is that HTC camera is good flash is good and can give u flash light while u video too... gionee m2 gat u covered....
the phone never hot from my experience....
the camera is better.. but Thl is better than m2...
the flash is sooooo flash.. DAT u can use it as bulb....
the shape is mature ..and 5" is complete
the ba3 is jus... oh!.. d ba3 is oh!... in short the ba3 is jus. I gat ur back!!!!
the screen guide is not smooth u may need to buy another one to replace it the follow come.

among all games I only like FIFA.. so I can tell u about FIFA... FIFA in m2 is so FIFA. smooth... ppl will think world cup is still on as u play FIFA with m2....
it came with two back cover with and black.. dats awesome and a mature flip case
within the 8gig ROM.. system takes 2gig.. gives u two gig for installing apps and 4gig for files and media storage...
and I have 16gig SD card making it 20gig still d phone boot fast....
all these jus package in 24000... otg can not make u spend extra 5k na which u will soon get bored with trust me..
I root my phone with vroot for PC... changed my imei and am flexing glo bis I sub

elijahdre:

thank you Androidking for your recommendation.God bless you

I dey hear o.still available at a reduced price
www.elijahdresystems.com
With elijahdre,distance is not a barrier.we send phones as far as Maiduguri

‪+2348034795720‬
‪+2348034795720‬
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by theogabriel: 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2014
Mckandre: lol, this your number 2. is funny,it ain't possible ni. 1. why would you want to unroot your phone 3. forget sp flash tool and use cwm, go to Waltonforum and get a list of countless roms to your disposal. 4. hard reset? abi na flashing things you meant ,all na the Same ni. welcome to the world of Android bro
THANKS
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by theogabriel: 12:40pm On Jul 23, 2014
Mhyke:

u cant use stock recovery mode to flash d backed up cmw rom
factory reset's d same as hard reset.....if there's a gionee care centre where u reside,try it
THANKS
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by theogabriel: 6:47pm On Jul 24, 2014
During backup with CWM Recovery I got "No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext".
Will this be a problem?
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Mhyke: 8:44pm On Jul 24, 2014
theogabriel: During backup with CWM Recovery I got "No sd-ext found. Skipping backup of sd-ext".
Will this be a problem?
make sure d external sd is inserted
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by theogabriel: 9:10pm On Jul 24, 2014
Mhyke:
make sure d external sd is inserted

well inserted. I successfully backed up to the external sd card.
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 25, 2014
please add me in the whatsapp group
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by PLANNER212: 3:48am On Jul 25, 2014
Please, help. The battery of my phone is discharging on its own and it takes over 8hrs before I can charge it to 100%. Help...
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by theogabriel: 6:44pm On Jul 25, 2014
Mhyke:
this s the link to d procedures.on this link's page,u will c a list of stock roms by the right hand side.click and download either or both of gionee and Walton rom and download gionee p2 and primo f2 rom from the links respectively... d reason is dat if d procedure culdnt flash gionee p2 rom,it will flash primo f2 rom...

http://androidxda.com/flash-stock-rom-using-smart-phone-flash-tool

At last, I was able to flash my bricked Gionee P2 back to life using the Primo F2 stock ROM. I have now flashed CWM Recovery and the fear of bricking is now a thing of the past.
I thank you all for your assistance and to GOD be the glory!
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Phoenixx07(m): 9:21pm On Jul 25, 2014
anybodi dat wats to sell his gionee p2 sud contact mi on 08171415746 am in lag o
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by Warlord3000(m): 4:05am On Jul 26, 2014
Phoenixx07: anybodi dat wats to sell his gionee p2 sud contact mi on 08171415746 am in lag o

Lol.. Oya I don quote u as long as u no talk crazy price make I no break bottle for your head oo wink
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by ebab(m): 5:04am On Jul 26, 2014
Warlord3000:

Lol.. Oya I don quote u as long as u no talk crazy price make I no break bottle for your head oo wink

We sell but brand new, how many units do u want
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by theogabriel: 5:40am On Jul 26, 2014
What is the right way to charge a new Gionee P2 battery in order to make it last long?
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by ebab(m): 5:53am On Jul 26, 2014
theogabriel: What is the right way to charge a new Gionee P2 battery in order to make it last long?

Charge b4 use
Re: Gionee Pioneer P2 Discussion Thread. by theogabriel: 5:58am On Jul 26, 2014
ebab:

Charge b4 use

Thanks. Once it says "Battery Full" should I unplug or still charge for specific number of hours?
If hours, how many hours?

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (216) (Reply)

2go Version 3.7.0 With BBM And Whatsapp Features On Java OS. / How Do I Download 2go To My Phone? / GIONEE M2 Discussion Thread.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.