Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,757 members, 7,820,631 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:35 PM

Am Very Sad. Please Check The Links - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Am Very Sad. Please Check The Links (961 Views)

Fayose Mocks Yar'adua On Dallies Jonathan Gets Stoned. . ., Notice The Links? / Premium Times Has Removed The Links To Buhari's So Called Results / Boko Haram KILL 6 more on Sunday , Very very sad, over 60 killed since last week (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Very Sad. Please Check The Links by jockey112(m): 8:02pm On Jun 11, 2008
Re: Am Very Sad. Please Check The Links by SeanT21(f): 9:01pm On Jun 11, 2008
What kind Of BS is this.

People are really stupid and heartless.

It will be O.K.
Re: Am Very Sad. Please Check The Links by JustGood(m): 10:01am On Jun 12, 2008
who are the heartless people? I hope u watched the 2nd clip as well. Bruno has now realised that benin girls offer themselves to be used as prostitutes so that they can come back home to build big mansions. Whenever they get caught they talk about some unknown trafikkers who forcefully sold them into prostitution.
No one forces any of them into prostitution.
Benin girls started moving to Denmark, UK and other parts of UE from Italy because their business is not booming in Italy again and the Italian govy is clamping down on them.
Re: Am Very Sad. Please Check The Links by blacksta(m): 11:15am On Jun 12, 2008
Very sad

I don't even know who to blame do i blame the government who have failed to provide necessary infrastructure to improve standard of living or the ignorance level in the people - i don't know.
Re: Am Very Sad. Please Check The Links by MethodMan3(m): 11:29am On Jun 12, 2008
This is really sad!

When would people in Africa learn that the streets of Europe and the rest of the world are not paved with God

When would they stop getting fooled and tricked that money doesnt fall from trees?

The traffickers are just scumbags who deserve nothing but the worst calamity in this world to befall them!
Re: Am Very Sad. Please Check The Links by JustGood(m): 11:38am On Jun 12, 2008
Method-Man:

This is really sad!

When would people in Africa learn that the streets of Europe and the rest of the world are not paved with God

When would they stop getting fooled and tricked that money doesnt fall from trees?

The traffickers are just scumbags who deserve nothing but the worst calamity in this world to befall them!

what about the girls who offer themselves to be traffiked? are they not scumbags too?
Re: Am Very Sad. Please Check The Links by jockey112(m): 12:04pm On Jun 12, 2008
blacksta:

Very sad

I don't even know who to blame do i blame the government who have failed to provide necessary infrastructure to improve standard of living or the ignorance level in the people - i don't know.

Exactly how i felt but i think we could start from the grassroot , people in those villages should see the videos with a translator, i dont think any sane person would see that and not have a change of heart or maybe am wrong.
Re: Am Very Sad. Please Check The Links by Afam(m): 12:37pm On Jun 12, 2008
blacksta:

Very sad

You cannot blame the government. There are women born and bred in places like US, UK, France, Italy etc practicing prostitution.

We should not keep creating excuses for people that join a particular type of business to make quick money.
Re: Am Very Sad. Please Check The Links by MCUsman(m): 11:08am On Jun 13, 2008
blacksta:

Very sad

Did the same governemnt provided necessary infrastructure to other tribes that prevented them from going to Italy for prostitusion. The root of prostitusion lies with Edo/Benin people. There is a popular adage in Hausa land that says: What ever you give to Donkey to eat, he will always find the shaft appealing.
Re: Am Very Sad. Please Check The Links by NubianQ(f): 11:48am On Jun 13, 2008
Its not about the Edo Benin people, its the problem with our country and the way we think. First and foremost an achievement of a high social status is very important to us and its always been a problem

i am not trying to say aiming to be rich is a bad thing but its becoming so bad. as an Edo Person, though i never got to grow up around my people i did get to visit and know more while growing up and i find that the parents are very happy to have their children go abroad because their lives are better. that state is very deprived of essential facilities and the people have to depend on themselves. though similar situations occur in other states as well.

i believe the root of the problem is the Nigerian attitude to wealth. very simple expressions and actions make the people believe in very silly things. an example is the access to public services, if you are wealthy you are more respected but if you have nothing, you are like a leech on the society. i think the way  forward would be the government trying alot harder and also for the people to be enlightened. awareness is not a bad idea but anyway no one cares and nothing is being done. i doubt if anything would be done.

As a woman i can say this, this girls are not happy to do it. maybe they are aware of the situation in some way. i cried my eyes out watching this programme and it hurt to see a woman talk of the pains of being used like a dirty old rag. i can only hope and pray it all ends. though prostitution has gone on for centurys, the new face of prostitution is very bad. i am not encouraging it at all but one little voice can't change anything
Re: Am Very Sad. Please Check The Links by DisGuy: 1:50pm On Jun 13, 2008
JustGood:

what about the girls who offer themselves to be traffiked? are they not scumbags too?

what's even more shocking is the mothers giving their kids away, I don't know if they are very trusting or
know definitely they will benefit personally from total (oyinbo)strangers taking their babies to foreign countries.

I mean how do you offer children to people you meet for the very first time? lipsrsealed
why do they have kids they cant take care of?
Re: Am Very Sad. Please Check The Links by redsun(m): 2:15pm On Jun 13, 2008
Confusion break bone,imagine the state of lagos,it is an eye sore.The situation can drive anybody insane and for a poor healthy girl without any rational family background,prostitution is god sent.

Nigeria is a failed state.
Re: Am Very Sad. Please Check The Links by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jun 15, 2008
I THINK I HAVE FINALLY REACHED MY WITS END AT THIS VERY MOMENT AND THIS VERY SECOND. ITS TIME TO ACT. OUR PARENTS HAVE FAILED US, WE THIS PRESENT GENERATION, OUR PARENTS HAVE REALLY FAILED NIGERIA. ITS TIME TO CLEAN THINGS UP. PLS IF U ARE READY TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN NIGERIA, NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IN THE WORLD, PLS EMAIL ME WITH IDEAS AND MAYBE WE CAN FORM A GROUP, I WON'T CLASSIFY IT AS A POLITICAL GROUP, CAUSE POLITICS HAS FAILED US ALSO, ITS A "PEOPLE'S" GROUP, FOR THE SAKE OF THE MASSES OF NIGERIA. ITS TIME, DESPERATE TIMES CALLS FOR DESPERATE MEASURES. ITS OUR RESPONSIBILITY, PLS JUST REALIZE THAT U REALLY CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE, HOW LONG SHALL WE CONTINUE TO TOLERATE OUR GOVERNMENT NOT SERVING US BUT THEIR OWN CORRUPT AND SELFISH DESIRES?
Re: Am Very Sad. Please Check The Links by virginchaser(m): 10:06pm On Jan 11, 2023
It's advisable to read the message before commenting. Headline is inciting.

(1) (Reply)

'Fighting' Envoy: The Story Is Exaggerated / Mantu And Ali To Become Ministers? / Is Nigeria A Failed State?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.