Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,922 members, 7,848,735 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 09:34 AM

Re:taking A Look At Leadership And Our Constitution - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Re:taking A Look At Leadership And Our Constitution (411 Views)

See What Chris Ngige Did Today With Other Senators After Taking A Bow(Pics) / Who Is Better At Leadership? GEJ Or Yar'adua. / AIT Yanks Atiku Off The Air At Leadership Newspaper Award. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Re:taking A Look At Leadership And Our Constitution by harrisonsbible: 2:03pm On Aug 28, 2013
Waking up this morning I felt a pulse of unsatisfaction of the happenings around me, with my face as pale as ever…I begin to ask myself what is happening with you…couldn’t find any better answer than the incessant increase of sufferings of the common man in our country Nigeria, lots of things running through my heart and head but yet I know its never to late to turn right. for few minutes I continued diagnosis of successive government from 1966 when we had our bloodiest coup up till 1999 and till date. I see that the country has continued to deteriorate in terms of our human development processes and basic infrastructures which made me conclude that our rulers lack moral ethics and also ideologies of leadership. i want to state categorically that we have never had a leader in this country and I am sure you will agree with me, the primary concept of governance is to put the governed first ensuring their development, welfare and safety but in our country the reverse has been the case
Consequently, in the US, which has shown the greatest materialistic progress while giving its citizens numerous rights, harmoniously harnessing individuals who already was on a wrong life pedestal, rejuvenating them to become better people in the society, a typical example is Mike Tyson who became one of the most celebrated/Legend in his profession at a very tender age.
My point today is about human development, harnessing wasting potentials or individuals on the negative paths of life to people that becomes pillars in the society contributing positively to the economy of the nation. Mike Tyson as we all know is a household name when it comes to world boxing today having clichéd the title of the world heavyweight champion at a very tender age of 20…let me take us back memory lane of who Michael Gerard Tyson is.
Mike Tyson born June 30,1966 in Brooklyn Newyork, to Parents Jimmy Kirkpatrick and Lorna Tyson with two other siblings name Denise and Rodney knew hardship at a very tender age after the father deserted them. He was made to venture into various crimes at a tender age of 11 because of the financial struggling of the Mum and before the age of 13 had been arrested over 30times.Notorious of his criminal activities with his gang and bad behavior landed himself to Tryon Schools for Boys ,a reform school in upstate New York ,there he met his transformation as his counselor there Bob Stewart an Amateur boxing champion in his time started to counsel and train Tyson in boxing having seen the inner potential in him, not only was he doing well in boxing he was able to pass his seventh grade and his reading abilities were improved, on parole from Tyron school at the age of 14 ,Bob Stewart introduced the aspiring boxer to be to legendary boxing manager Constatine”Cus” D” Amato who took Mike as his son. To cut the whole story at the very tender age of 20 rose from being a notorious person to be the youngest world heavy weight champion ever in the history of the game.
Hence,leaders are selfless people who know that they have a mission to affect their followers positively and they go the extra mile to make it a reality even till death. Nelson Mandela today is being celebrated globally because of this singular act of knowing who he is, many opportunist in the corridors of power today are naïve of leadership rather are there to enrich themselves because there are no clear provisions to regulate the structures in place and thereby encouraging corruption at the highest level. this brings me to the question of who and who wrote our constitution and what was their aim of giving us such in 1999.Our constitution as it were today in Nigeria is the bane of corruption because it has shown from statistics that poverty has risen to its peak today than in the 50’s,60,s,70,s,80,s and 90,s…someone should educate me on the emergence of the 1999 constitution that has stagnated our country so far because of its excesses and not being clearly defined in so many areas.

(1) (Reply)

2015: Jonathan Deserves Second Term – Alamieyeseigha / Iran Opposes Strike On Syria / How Can Nigeria Prioblems Be Solved?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.