Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,807 members, 7,810,101 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Different Types Of Bananas In Town - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Different Types Of Bananas In Town (941 Views)

Why You Should Always Choose Bananas With Dark Spots Than The Fresh One / 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Bananas / 25 Powerful Reasons To Eat Bananas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Different Types Of Bananas In Town by uzoo: 6:56pm On Aug 28, 2013
Is it me .? or is there a kind of banana sold by those hausa guys in lagos.

the ones we get from the villages in the east tastes better , they are larger in size and when they are ripe you look at them and can see that they are actually ripe because they have that yellowish green color.

But the bananas i've seen around especially in lagos sold by some people in the market are all green and then some are ripe while others are not and they tend to irritate my lips.

Some said these farmers sometimes use chemicals(..like Nitrogen or something) to ripen the fruits quicker so they can sell them off.I dont know how true this is.

Any one experienced this before?
Re: Different Types Of Bananas In Town by Dubby6(m): 7:07pm On Aug 28, 2013
In Benin Ugbowo to b precise, dia bananas loos as if dia 4 sacrifice
Re: Different Types Of Bananas In Town by uzoo: 10:20pm On Aug 28, 2013
Dubby6: In Benin Ugbowo to b precise, dia bananas loos as if dia 4 sacrifice

cheesy cheesy cheesy ....yea, some of these bananas look really weird
Re: Different Types Of Bananas In Town by prettyLee01: 12:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
nice posts about bananas.@uzoo join us on a weightloss blog by honiepie,its in the health section the thread name is smoothies,yougourts and water for weightloss,i see yur former weightloss forum is still on.we would be glad to have you.we hav a doctor instructor and its fun.lookin forward to seeing you.

(1) (Reply)

After Eating This How Will You Feel? / Learn How To Prepare What The Pharaohs Ate In Egypt / 11 Amazing Things You Can Do With Charcoal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.