Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,942 members, 7,817,763 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

ASUU Vs FG: Land Of Wasted Resources - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ASUU Vs FG: Land Of Wasted Resources (501 Views)

Balancing The Budget: Kano-State Vs FG / Nija Supercup: ASUU VS FG, ( Live Match).;-) / The Politics Of ASUU Vs Fg: Fact File (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Vs FG: Land Of Wasted Resources by Docii001(m): 1:01pm On Aug 29, 2013
It is really sad when you look down the memory lane of Nigeria. There was a time when young graduates got jobs with ease. There was a time the youths could get jobs with only an O' level qualification because of its abundance. There was even a time the Naira and Dollar were equals.
There was a time we had leaders who had visions for the country and actually had a clue.
The question really is-why are we here?

We are here because of a lack of identity and a common ideology/belief/goal as a country. If you have a child,try this practical example,ask them about the history of Nigeria- and I am not talking about silly questions like; when did Nigeria get their independence or What are the colors of Nigerian flag?
I mean real questions like; who was Obafemi Awolowo,Nnamdi Azikiwe.....what did they do? Why was Nigeria formed? what made Nigeria great? How were the tribes formed? Why were they formed?
Some of these questions I myself do not even know the answer till date,but you see American kids and they know the answers to a lot of these questions and even more in respect to their country. They are taught the common belief and goal of their country and that's why the saying "God bless America" is all but glued to the lips of every American. They are 'brainwashed' right from their tender ages to believe in the 'American dream' and that is why an average American would die defending the county's integrity even though the country is also corrupt like ours.
The simple difference between America(+most countries making headway) and Nigeria is that they are limited in their excesses by the belief in that common goal while we are unlimited.
The FG will not yield to an agreement of over 5 years that will improve an ailing Education sector because they do not care if Nigerians are paying exorbitant fees to school in Benin Republic or Ghana. These are countries who live/lived through us. There are certain things Pride would not make you do or will make you do, even if you are to suffer for a while. This pride as a nation and collectively we do not have a fiber of it. The youths on their part do not even have an identity. We do not know who we are and think so little of ourselves. If not we would not be in such hurry to graduate from sick institutions. The intelligent thing is, instead of patching things up like always,why not make a final stand and support what ASUU is fighting for(which is a damn good course) till the end. If we give in now only to resume another strike two years from now aren't we fools?
The Government does not know who they are. Must we follow like zombies. We are NIGERIAN youths,kings in our own rights; we deserve the best and must surely demand it. Why must we be deprived of electricity,water,food and now quality education when there is plenty that will instead be used to campaign for your votes to further impoverish you!
Based on Natural resources and population density,we should be the best in Africa by miles and rubbing shoulders with the world beaters albeit we are stuck in 'hell'. So much that a 14 year old boy who should be in school is busy plotting how to escape the country as a stowaway in a Benin to lagos flight. He was utterly disappointed when the plane landed in Lagos-SHAME!
Its a shame to a Nation that a 14year old does not mind risking his life,forgetting his family and friends all in a bid to get the hell out of this country-it really is that bad.

Finally Nigeria is that kid who inherits so much wealth,did not really go through life to forge an identity,so he blows the money,has so many children with different women and has no time for any of them. The kids grow having no clue themselves,just scattered up and down following the wind and dancing to whatever music life plays. We share the same traits with the Arabs,they are only 'blessed' with scanty population and a common religion. So even when its wasted it can still go round. USA,China and almost all other developed countries on the other hand struggled and forged an identity and hence their present economic status reflects it.
The onus is therefore on the youths to forge an identity,if not for us but for the coming generations-its about time we stopped eating shit like dogs. ASPPIRE FOR MORE!
Re: ASUU Vs FG: Land Of Wasted Resources by mikolo80: 1:29pm On Aug 29, 2013
ARE YOU READY TO PUT UR MONEY WHERE UR MOUTH IS.?
Re: ASUU Vs FG: Land Of Wasted Resources by Docii001(m): 1:53pm On Aug 29, 2013
I was born ready....and even if that is debatable;circumstances,life and time surrounding the average Nigerian youth calls for everyone(including me) to be ready to put up a fight. I really do not want to live all my life,dependent on generator.
Re: ASUU Vs FG: Land Of Wasted Resources by mikolo80: 12:28am On Oct 24, 2013
HOW MUCH HAVE YOU PUT UP SO FAR
Re: ASUU Vs FG: Land Of Wasted Resources by Docii001(m): 6:57am On Dec 13, 2013
What do you mean?

(1) (Reply)

End Time Crisis, Nation Now Rising Against Nation Check These Out / ASUU: New PDP Youth Leader To Mobilise Protest Over Strike / 1) Chidi Lloyd Attacked. 2) Baby Ame.chi Stopped From Going Home.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.