Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,788 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:57 PM

Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria (1932 Views)

In Need Of A Gaming Laptop Please Suggest / Will You Play Games In A Gaming Lounge / Another Annoying Advert From A Gaming Company about nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria by darchyneer(m): 3:15am On Aug 30, 2013
Dear Nairalanders,

I have a plan of building a gaming company like Gameloft, eidos, cryrek in Nigeria. I will be needing a team. Programmers, animators, salesperson, graphic artist,concept artist, and lots more. The aim of the company is to provide games with full African theme. Focus will be on Android, PC games and major consoles like PS4.

What do you have to say?

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria by smajatt(m): 6:32am On Aug 30, 2013
darchyneer: Dear Nairalanders,

I have a plan of building a gaming company like Gameloft, eidos, cryrek in Nigeria. I will be needing a team. Programmers, animators, salesperson, graphic artist,concept artist, and lots more. The aim of the company is to provide games with full African theme. Focus will be on Android, PC games and major consoles like PS4.

What do you have to say?
how do i get in contact with you?
Re: Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria by darchyneer(m): 7:10am On Aug 30, 2013
smajatt:
how do i get in contact with you?

darchyneer@gmail.com
Are you an animator or programmer?
Re: Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria by smajatt(m): 7:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
darchyneer:

darchyneer@gmail.com
Are you an animator or programmer?
nope am nt any..bt i bliv no one is a waste as long as i can help in form.logistics,research,up and downs anything. gaming is my hobby and no idea is a waste no mata how small.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria by jjk24(m): 10:00pm On Sep 01, 2013
Am an artist 2 s0me degree n I als0 m0del in 3d can't animate. Th0ugh buh culd build d 3d m0dels needed ingame am interested
Re: Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria by trendytrendz: 1:57pm On Sep 02, 2013
Loool..not to bust your bubble or anything but your dream is a little bit unrealistic, you can only go far for small projects like games on portables like android and ios and the likes, hardcore games on consoles is outa reach..the cost of the venture is too high and having such skilled programmers in unlikely, you can sign up for sony's indie developer project though. I undastand your dream but its not feasible at the moment
Re: Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria by jjk24(m): 1:31pm On Sep 03, 2013
trendytrendz: Loool..not to bust your bubble or anything but your dream is a little bit unrealistic, you can only go far for small projects like games on portables like android and ios and the likes, hardcore games on consoles is outa reach..the cost of the venture is too high and having such skilled programmers in unlikely, you can sign up for sony's indie developer project though. I undastand your dream but its not feasible at the moment
m0bile games n. In pc games aint dah hard 2 mak. N publish u rhyt b0ut d c0ns0les th0ugh. Dev kits r very expensive buh I heard u can use d xb0x 1 as a dev kit we dnt av 2 mak aaa games 2 succeed he culd start small lyk indie games 0n c0ns0le lyk mine craft n c0 n den mve frm dere upwards either way its nt actually a bad idea
Re: Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria by ritchboy(m): 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
trendytrendz: Loool..not to bust your bubble or anything but your dream is a little bit unrealistic, you can only go far for small projects like games on portables like android and ios and the likes, hardcore games on consoles is outa reach..the cost of the venture is too high and having such skilled programmers in unlikely, you can sign up for sony's indie developer project though. I undastand your dream but its not feasible at the moment

You don't know how much he's willing to invest, for all you know he could be Dangote or whoever.

Console games don't necessarily have to be Uncharted-esque, Limbo is less than 100MB and is one of my favorite console games of this generation.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria by trendytrendz: 2:10pm On Sep 04, 2013
ritchboy:

You don't know how much he's willing to invest, for all you know he could be Dangote or whoever.

Console games don't necessarily have to be Uncharted-esque, Limbo is less than 100MB and is one of my favorite console games of this generation.
its not only about money, human resource is highly important and since the gaming idea is nigeria centric, he'll need programmers and the likes with nigerian background because they can relate more to the concept than any1 else, I love limbo too but do you think limbo was an easy job? At the moment nigerians are not skilled enough to carry out such projects and what's the use if you use foreigners to execute the project and say its a nigerian dream come true?? Doesn't make sense, to only establish the concept will take a very long time that's why we are still yet to see nigerian themed games even on mobile phones let alone consoles. The closest I have even seen is this "danfo" game by nokia for asha and I can tell you it aint nigerians that made that game. So I'm not trying to shoot him down but just looking at it from the realistic view point, at the moment we can't achieve such ordeal because we lack the resources, human and capital. The best you can even do now is to make a very useful app tailored to the nigerian ecosystem
Re: Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria by 04kaa: 2:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
This would be great, imagine having an african version of killer instinct, with Shango, and Oduduwa as Bosses! I would really like to see this happen in Nigeria, Great concept mate . i will be ur character idea consultant for the first fighting game
Re: Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria by jjk24(m): 2:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
trendytrendz: its not only about money, human resource is highly important and since the gaming idea is nigeria centric, he'll need programmers and the likes with nigerian background because they can relate more to the concept than any1 else, I love limbo too but do you think limbo was an easy job? At the moment nigerians are not skilled enough to carry out such projects and what's the use if you use foreigners to execute the project and say its a nigerian dream come true?? Doesn't make sense, to only establish the concept will take a very long time that's why we are still yet to see nigerian themed games even on mobile phones let alone consoles. The closest I have even seen is this "danfo" game by nokia for asha and I can tell you it aint nigerians that made that game. So I'm not trying to shoot him down but just looking at it from the realistic view point, at the moment we can't achieve such ordeal because we lack the resources, human and capital. The best you can even do now is to make a very useful app tailored to the nigerian ecosystem
ull b surprised @ hw skilled n talented nigerians r,! Makin games aint dah c0mplicated mate I culd mak a car racing game in days using 3drad s0ftware based 0n directx!! Dnt wanna start an argument 0r enifin buh dis actually a visible idea Sir
Re: Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria by trendytrendz: 6:13pm On Sep 04, 2013
jjk24: ull b surprised @ hw skilled n talented nigerians r,! Makin games aint dah c0mplicated mate I culd mak a car racing game in days using 3drad s0ftware based 0n directx!! Dnt wanna start an argument 0r enifin buh dis actually a visible idea Sir
you can start by making one for google playstore or apple appstore let's see, microsoft is even more supportive for our local content with their windows phone os,start and let's see how good it is. U see the point is not to make it, but how good it will be compared with others, that's why when u visit appstores only those with the highest ratings are purchased or even downloaded, most mediocre ones are unheard of. Can you make a racing game better than gameloft?? Or E.A?? If you can't then how do you think you would get crowd support when its not even on par with average ones. I'm not disputing your ability to make games but true say, what you would churn out will be average. If what am saying aint feasible then prove me wrong and make something substantial let nigerians support you. Until then, I'll only advice to engage in feasible ventures like apps that cater to our issues we face here and leave gaming to hardcore programmers
Re: Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria by digidamage: 6:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
My 2 cents,... My name is Idamiebi, I am the Project Lead for Titi Tilapia.(www.tititilapia.com)
You can google it if you need more details. the beta andriod version is also available on the site
Yours is a lofty project.. But without extensive funds, my suggestion would be start small... with lots of passion
Wanted to type quite a lot but i need to step out briefly.. Will be back late
Re: Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria by jjk24(m): 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
trendytrendz: you can start by making one for google playstore or apple appstore let's see, microsoft is even more supportive for our local content with their windows phone os,start and let's see how good it is. U see the point is not to make it, but how good it will be compared with others, that's why when u visit appstores only those with the highest ratings are purchased or even downloaded, most mediocre ones are unheard of. Can you make a racing game better than gameloft?? Or E.A?? If you can't then how do you think you would get crowd support when its not even on par with average ones. I'm not disputing your ability to make games but true say, what you would churn out will be average. If what am saying aint feasible then prove me wrong and make something substantial let nigerians support you. Until then, I'll only advice to engage in feasible ventures like apps that cater to our issues we face here and leave gaming to hardcore programmers
u right 2 sum extent buh 1 tin av n0ticed b0ut nigerians is we surp0rt each 0da wrks I feel dis kidda j0y wen I n0 its a nigerian dah create sumfin am usin am nt sain we shuld mak sumfin better buh sumfin diff ppl r gnna accept daht n am nt redi 2 c0nquer d w0rld yet hw b0ut start frm sumwhere small n den wh0 n0s where it will g0 I culd jst create a game b0ut lag0s n u culd ch00se 2 live as a street hustler 0r a celebrity(jst an idea) am sure ppl wuld lyk 2 see ma 0wn kidda lag0s n if I was able 2 create it 2 dere taste u see dere its aint better dan 0da games 0ut dere n gta n c0 is it?!! Buh wit g00d pr0m0ting n stuff its surely gnna geht sumwhere wh0 wnt want 2 play GTA lag0s city.!! Buh u r als0 rhyt in mst cases it aint gnna hurt 2 try th0ugh!!?
Re: Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria by rezy15(m): 12:06pm On Sep 07, 2013
Cyberbunk gaming on whatsapp is a real time community wher we swap ideas games advertise game sales and exchange gaming experiences. We also hv a game modder in d house. Drop ur number to be added.
Re: Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria by jjk24(m): 6:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
rezy15: Cyberbunk gaming on whatsapp is a real time community wher we swap ideas games advertise game sales and exchange gaming experiences. We also hv a game modder in d house. Drop ur number to be added.
08103964852 bss
Re: Thinking Of Starting A Gaming Company In Nigeria by drulbaba(m): 9:25pm On Sep 08, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Fifa 15 Origin Activation Product Key / Championship Manager 2009 176x220 / Real Madrid Has 10 Players In Ps2 Fifa 12

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.