Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:48 AM

Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector (5300 Views)

There's An Improvement In Electric Power Supply Now! Pls Tell Us About Your Area / Ex-Militants Get More Money Than Health Sector: Nigeria's 2012 Budget / Fg Assures Of Radical Improvement In Power Supply (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by gramci: 6:50am On Aug 30, 2013
The Centre for Policy Development and Political Studies has said that noticeable improvement has been observed in the health sector, as most health facilities across the country presently offer some form of services to patients.

The centre had organised the Public Administrator of the Year Award (PAYA) with the Executive Director of the National Primary Health Care Development Agency, Dr Ado Muhammad emerging the winner.

The organizers acknowledged Nigeria’s progress towards eradication of poliomyelitis, reduction in maternal and infant mortality, impressive initiatives in addressing human resource challenge in the Primary Health Care sub-sector, integration and decentralization of HIV/AIDS intervention in PHC services in over 1,500 PHC facilities, transparency in public procurement and community ownership of PHC interventions under the agency.

Dr. Muhammad expressed his appreciation to the organizers for their interest in promoting patriotism, selflessness, good governance, democratic culture, transparency, accountability and excellence in the Nation’s public service.

He described the award as very encouraging, stressing that it would spur him, his colleagues at NPHCDA development partners and all PHC stakeholders to do more in ensuring effective and efficient primary health care services to all Nigerians.

http://dailytrust.info/index.php/news/4157-noticeable-improvement-made-in-health-sector
Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by wellmax(m): 10:09am On Aug 30, 2013
But what do you say about the Polio which has refused to leave Nigeria. Currently only Nigeria suffers from the scourge.
Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by Nobody: 10:11am On Aug 30, 2013
dats gud.naija dey try o.btw am second.

abeg make una like my post.since i enter nairaland nobody av liked my post

11 Likes

Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by olasha1(m): 10:11am On Aug 30, 2013
3rd top coment ..woooooow i make it...pls dnt quote my coment ooo or do @ ur own risk
Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by Babaneh(m): 10:11am On Aug 30, 2013
i hope it gingers u peoples swagger anyway
Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by Okijajuju1(m): 10:20am On Aug 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by playcharles(m): 10:22am On Aug 30, 2013
Signs of end times
Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by SwitnessA(m): 10:23am On Aug 30, 2013
As dem don d praise dem b4 u knw it dem go begin de divert money wey dem suppose use 4 further development.

1 Like

Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by Drsheddy(m): 10:25am On Aug 30, 2013
hmmm
Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by Lbrasi: 10:26am On Aug 30, 2013
I must have been living in cameroon not to notice this.
Pls if there is any improvement around your area kindly let us kno.
Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by Ucheosefoh(m): 10:28am On Aug 30, 2013
The day our politicans and the wealthy stop visiting India and Britain hospitals for treatment that is when I will believe there is improvement in the health sector

1 Like

Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by anonimi: 10:34am On Aug 30, 2013
olasha1: 3rd top coment ..woooooow i make it...pls dnt quote my coment ooo or do @ ur own risk

Hope you do not mind if I ask:

How old are you

3 Likes

Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by olaxx: 10:42am On Aug 30, 2013
olasha1: 3rd top coment ..woooooow i make it...pls dnt quote my coment ooo or do @ ur own risk

We sincerely need kids section on nairaland. How do you explain why an adult would be excited because he is 1st, 2nd or 3rd to comment.
Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by Eneze1(f): 10:42am On Aug 30, 2013
Ucheosefoh: The day our politicans and the wealthy stop visiting India and Britain hospitals for treatment that is when I will believe there is improvement in the health sector

well said, Nelson Mandela was admitted in his own country, the only improvements that was visible to me in the health sector was during obj regime, he tried to upgrade UCH with some new equipments

2 Likes

Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by anonimi: 10:44am On Aug 30, 2013
The Centre for Policy Development and Political Studies has said that noticeable improvement has been observed in the health sector, as most health facilities across the country presently offer some form of services to patients. shocked

The centre had organised the Public Administrator of the Year Award (PAYA) with the Executive Director of the National Primary Health Care Development Agency, Dr Ado Muhammad emerging the winner.

Highlighted in red above is the real reason why "noticeable improvement has been observed in the health sector".
Makes you wonder how many of us have this Esau mentality of selling our birthright to PUBLIC SERVANTS who should be working for us and delivering on their assigned tasks to the citizens rather than simply sharing the national cake aka the Niger Delta oil
I wonder how much (in Naira, dollars?) the organisers, so-called "The Centre for Policy Development and Political Studies" were paid by the malam to give this their MEANINGLESS award.

We obviously need a massive orientation and redemption of our psyche!!!

2 Likes

Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by Nobody: 10:45am On Aug 30, 2013
wellmax: But what do you say about the Polio which has refused to leave Nigeria. Currently only Nigeria suffers from the scourge.
Tell d leaders of ur church to donate for the course, billionaires from other countries that have nothing to gain give millions, some even billions every year.

Its not always abt government. Even mandela was "criticised" with the way he handled HIV/AIDS when he was in power.

1 Like

Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by aieromon(m): 10:57am On Aug 30, 2013
What KPIs were used?

Give the award and keep quiet about "noticeable improvements".
Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 30, 2013
nawa man have suffered.... mtchew whats my number on the commentators list ... anyway 7th to commmmmmment. bullshit waste of data
Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by njideoby(f): 11:08am On Aug 30, 2013
Ebig22: dats gud.naija dey try o.btw am second.

abeg make una like my post.since i enter nairaland nobody av liked my post
When you make reasonable comment you wouldn't need to beg people to like it.

3 Likes

Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by LeStylo: 11:11am On Aug 30, 2013
If you have been in any general hospital in Lagos, what you'll see is nothing short of impressive. In all honesty, i have never seen even a private hospital with the standard and quality of Gbagada general hospital where i had to see a friend involved in an accident.

Dont know if FG has done anything close but Obj's VAMED project na wash!
Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by wellmax(m): 11:15am On Aug 30, 2013
Promhize:
Tell d leaders of ur church to donate for the course, billionaires from other countries that have nothing to gain give millions, some even billions every year.
Its not always abt government. Even mandela was "criticised" with the way he handled HIV/AIDS when he was in power.

What is this one saying? If the money from Govt and your Billionaires cannot salvage the situation, what makes you think the money from churches will do. We are talking about the poor attitude towards immunization in some parts of norther Nigeria.
Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by Dsdada: 11:16am On Aug 30, 2013
REALLY! IF THIS IS NOT A PROPAGANDA TO SHORE UP THE BATTERED IMAGE OF THE MINISTER OF HEALTH, THEN IT IS A SHOW OF IGNORANCE. EVEN THE ILLITERATE KNOWS THE TRUE SITUATION OF THINGS. ANYWAY,NA NAIJA WE DEY-ANYTHING GOES!
Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by stagger: 11:19am On Aug 30, 2013
But what is the quality of service dished out to patients? I still remember the way I was screamed at and spoken to like a kid last time I was in a hospital. Very bad.

1 Like

Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 30, 2013
Nigerians won't believe anything of the sort, not until they see the elites get treated in the country.

1 Like

Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by anonimi: 12:01pm On Aug 30, 2013
Le Stylo: If you have been in any general hospital in Lagos, what you'll see is nothing short of impressive. In all honesty, i have never seen even a private hospital with the standard and quality of Gbagada general hospital where i had to see a friend involved in an accident.

Dont know if FG has done anything close but Obj's VAMED project na wash!

So impressive that the governor, who is responsible for the quality of equipment and SERVICE provided by adequate number of DIFFERENT categories of professional staff that are well PAID, had to send his father abroad for treatment when he was sick before he finally died recently, right?
In case you are wondering, I am talking about Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN!

Did you also hear the news that the Jagabandit, former governor of the same Lagos state is being treated in one of the "nothing short of IMPRESSIVE" hospitals here

2 Likes

Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by Nobody: 12:05pm On Aug 30, 2013
stagger: But what is the quality of service dished out to patients? I still remember the way I was screamed at and spoken to like a kid last time I was in a hospital. Very bad.

Me too.

Smh...
Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by Shekson(m): 12:19pm On Aug 30, 2013
anonimi:

So impressive that the governor, who is responsible for the quality of equipment and SERVICE provided by adequate number of DIFFERENT categories of professional staff that are well PAID, had to send his father abroad for treatment when he was sick before he finally died recently, right?
In case you are wondering, I am talking about Babatunde Raji Fashola, SAN!

Did you also hear the news that the Jagabandit, former governor of the same Lagos state is being treated in one of the "nothing short of IMPRESSIVE" hospitals here
Yu jz measure performance of health care by the number of politifians dat go abroad for treatment. Have yu been to any General hospital or teaching hospital and see the effort health workers put into the treatment of the populace? Yu need to go for a day visit and realize that people are being treated I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nigeria. Only xtremely serious cases are bein referred to professionals abroad. SHUT YUR MOUTH and stop measuring performance of the health care system by the few amount of politicians vs the huge amount of patients I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ hospitals locally.
Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by bory09(m): 1:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
Improvement under my foot. Their mate are creating artificial cranium and brain we are here battling with polio even common kidney transplant na hard work for them. Maybe they want to say improvement in trado-medicine because here right now am feeling the work of jedi and alomo bitters in my back now.
Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by anonimi: 1:13pm On Aug 30, 2013
Shekson:
Yu jz measure performance of health care by the number of politifians dat go abroad for treatment. Have yu been to any General hospital or teaching hospital and see the effort health workers put into the treatment of the populace? Yu need to go for a day visit and realize that people are being treated I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ Nigeria. Only xtremely serious cases are bein referred to professionals abroad. SHUT YUR MOUTH and stop measuring performance of the health care system by the few amount of politicians vs the huge amount of patients I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ hospitals locally.

No wonder it is easy to take 160 million of us for a ride by the politicians:

- Presidency
- 109 SINators
- 360 representaTHIEVES
- 36 governors
- and almost 1,000 state assembly legisLOOTERS
- 774 LGA chairmen and X,000s of councillors

Can you tell us how many politicians in the developed countries where Nigerians are doing prayer & fasting even plus including sacrifices and ready to cross the desert, ocean and meditteranean sea just to go there and be unwelcome, under-employed socio-economic EXILES travel outside their countries for medical attention.
Just a rough % will do from you.

Where is our sense of pride and RESPONSIBILITY as a nation

1 Like

Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 30, 2013
The rural areas should not be left out cos those old men and women are more vulnerable,as most of them can not earn as much as we do in the cities...they need free medicare than we in the cities.
Get valuable properties/Lands and accommodations in Lekki,Victoria Island,Ikoyi,VGC and the entire Lekki expressway axis.
We work directly with developers and Landlords to ensure you get best value for your money.Check out our listings on our site: http://distributenaija..com/2013/08/updated-properties-for-august-2013-in_30.html
Re: Noticeable Improvement In The Health Sector by duality(m): 1:45pm On Aug 30, 2013
good.. UP APC.....!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Amaechi sacks Obio-Akpor councillors, chairman / Buhari Reacts To Obasanjo's Letter / Atiku Tsunami: Saraki Set To Lead APC Senators To Defect To PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.