Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,977 members, 7,810,710 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Is D Sign Normal?? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is D Sign Normal?? (745 Views)

Which Is D Best Golf 4? 1.6, 1.8 Or 2.0 / Engine Gets So Hot Yet Temperature Meter Reads Normal: Rav4 / What Makes A V6 Engine Different From Normal Car Engines (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is D Sign Normal?? by Slyjay1(m): 8:39am On Aug 30, 2013
I've been getting this sign recently but its not frequent sha. Sometimes,I will see CRUISE on my dashboard. I'm confused because I don't know what it means.

The Car is Toyota Corolla. 2003 model. Someone should pls help me.

Thanks.
Re: Is D Sign Normal?? by Lexusgs430: 9:19am On Aug 30, 2013
Does your car have cruise control? If yes, you probably have accidentally engaged it.
Re: Is D Sign Normal?? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:29am On Aug 30, 2013
Lexusgs430: Does your car have cruise control? If yes, you probably have accidentally engaged it.

cruise wont show if there is no cruise control

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8YFLzskDkU
Re: Is D Sign Normal?? by Slyjay1(m): 11:35am On Aug 30, 2013
Lexusgs430: Does your car have cruise control? If yes, you probably have accidentally engaged it.

It has but i'm not sure if i've mistakenly engaged it because it normally goes off by itself. I'm bothered about it.
Re: Is D Sign Normal?? by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:42am On Aug 30, 2013
Sly-jay:

It has but i'm not sure if i've mistakenly engaged it because it normally goes off by itself. I'm bothered about it.

thats normal

when cruise is on and if you step on the brakes it disengages the cruise control

then if you press the cruise control again it engages and it start to accelerate to the previous cruise speed you were doing
Re: Is D Sign Normal?? by Slyjay1(m): 11:59am On Aug 30, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

thats normal

when cruise is on and if you step on the brakes it disengages the cruise control

then if you press the cruise control again it engages and it start to accelerate to the previous cruise speed you were doing

Alright boss. Tnxs boss but what are the functions of the Cruise??
Re: Is D Sign Normal?? by ZIMDRILL(m): 12:27pm On Aug 30, 2013
Sly-jay:

Alright boss. Tnxs boss but what are the functions of the Cruise??

come one such thing you can google

but you are lucky today i got the patience

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruise_control

1 Like

Re: Is D Sign Normal?? by cardoctor(m): 12:54pm On Aug 30, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

come one such thing you can google

but you are lucky today i got the patience

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cruise_control

On Nairaland you need a lot of patience.

Some questions just drive you crazy.

I beg I no wan vex.

Car-Doctor.

1 Like

Re: Is D Sign Normal?? by leighcon(m): 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2013
^^
Yes the questions will a lot of times, but you need to realise that's majorly because you are vast in the field. And of course you can't use your level of smartness as a yardstick for others.

If you think people ask silly questions here, then you need a playback of calls to a Telco customer service or IT support.
Imagine for e.g

Customer: My internet is not working

Support: What does it display on the screen?

Customer: Nothing

Support: I believe there should be a message, can you read it for me?

Customer: There is nothing, will I lie!!

Support: Nothing as in blank?

Customer: Yes now, no light and the laptop's battery is dead

Support: (What would you do or say?)
Re: Is D Sign Normal?? by cardoctor(m): 12:30am On Sep 02, 2013
^^^

How do you answer a question like "Is the d light normal?"

There must be a Depth to the enquiry to ascertain what the real concern is. Anyway, I leave you to it.

Cat-Doctor.
Re: Is D Sign Normal?? by Lexusgs430: 8:55am On Sep 19, 2013
car-doctor:
^^^

How do you answer a question like "Is the d light normal?"

There must be a Depth to the enquiry to ascertain what the real concern is. Anyway, I leave you to it.

Cat-Doctor.

You are also a Cat - Doctor ?
So you have 2 professions
(1) Car Doctor ie mechanic
(2) Cat Doctor ie vet

(1) (Reply)

Cars Ppl Fear In Nigeria. / My Honda Accord Problem / Ford Edge 2008 Shock Absorber Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.