Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,998 members, 7,849,009 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 01:22 PM

Nwabueze To Gej Be A Hero By Not Contesting In 2015 Presidential Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nwabueze To Gej Be A Hero By Not Contesting In 2015 Presidential Election (496 Views)

Young Nlader Contesting In L.G.A Election At Benue State / PDP Governorship Candidates Contesting In February 2015 - Photos / Buhari - Only Death Will Stop Me From Contesting In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nwabueze To Gej Be A Hero By Not Contesting In 2015 Presidential Election by Nobody: 9:22am On Aug 30, 2013
ABUJA — Elder statesman and leader of
the Patriot, Professor Ben Nwabueze,
yesterday reiterated his call on President
Goodluck Jonathan not to contest the
2015 presidential election, saying he
should concentrate on transforming the
country to make it more united and
stronger through a conference of ethnic
nationalities.
But President Jonathan said his
administration had no objection to
Nigerians coming together to discuss how
they will continue to live together in
peace and unity.
Speaking with newsmen after leading
members of the Patriot to a meeting with
President Jonathan, Professor Nwabueze
said though the President was eligible to
contest, he should sacrifice ambition for
the greater good of the nation and
become an instant hero.
He said: “I still believe that the problem
of this country is national transformation.
You cannot combine national
transformation with contesting election.
“The two are so different, because once
you get involved in the election
campaigns you undermined your authority
to lead the nation for national
transformation and I said if I were the
President of Nigeria that I would restrict
myself to serving the nation; to
transforming this country; to creating a
new Nigeria, creating a new society. that
would be my concern and I would go
down in history as a hero.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/nwabueze-to-jonathan-be-a-national-hero-dont-contest-2015-election/
Re: Nwabueze To Gej Be A Hero By Not Contesting In 2015 Presidential Election by Nobody: 9:23am On Aug 30, 2013
wetin dis 1 dey talk

gej all d way.
Re: Nwabueze To Gej Be A Hero By Not Contesting In 2015 Presidential Election by Goddex: 9:27am On Aug 30, 2013
Prof. I disagree.
He will contest and still remain a hero
Re: Nwabueze To Gej Be A Hero By Not Contesting In 2015 Presidential Election by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 30, 2013
Already he says, GEJ is qualified to contest. I've never heard that an incumbent leader would not recontest election for the reason of transformation.

(1) (Reply)

Obama Delays Syria Strike Seeks Congress Approval / JTF, Borno Youths Kill Boko Haramcommander, Arrest Others / Military In Manhunt For Remnants Of Boko Haram Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.