Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Creative Writing Workshop - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Creative Writing Workshop (2872 Views)

Who Has An Idea Of How To take Creative Writing Courses In Nigeria / Helon Habila Leads Fidelity Bank International Creative Writing Workshop / Fidelity Bank International Creative Writing Workshop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Creative Writing Workshop by tianshie(m): 5:51am On Jun 13, 2008
Workshop.
Re: Creative Writing Workshop by timdogg: 9:40am On Jun 13, 2008
hello.
please i have a question but but before the question permit me to make a comment.
i think we really need such forums where writers get to share ideas and get informed especially in this days that most of the youths rather spend time browsing junks, in that respect i must comment the initiative.

now my question.
i only write poems for the moment so can i also apply.

please i need the reply as soon as possible.
thank you.
tiimdogg@gmail.com
Re: Creative Writing Workshop by kay9(m): 2:29pm On Jun 14, 2008
@poster: Thanks for the info.
Re: Creative Writing Workshop by tianshie(m): 7:33pm On Jun 15, 2008
@timdogg
Re: Creative Writing Workshop by gorociano: 11:12am On Jul 04, 2008
who told u "tianshe" u are the greatest rapper on nairaland?

I AM, wanna test me??
Re: Creative Writing Workshop by chukky76(m): 4:23am On Aug 07, 2008
Hi nairalanders. i was invited for this. any other nairalanders got invited to this? speak up so we can look out for each other there.

heres the mail i got.

Dear Chukwudi Eboka,

Thank you for applying to the creative writing workshop.

I very much enjoyed your writing sample; it is one of the twenty-five
I've selected from the more than five hundred entries I read.

The workshop, in Victoria Island, Lagos, will start on August 19 and
end on August 29. It will be informal and focused on reading, writing
and discussing the work produced by participants.

Please let me know, by responding to this e-mail, whether you will be
able to attend on each of the ten days, from 11 AM until 5 PM.
(Fidelity Bank might be able to offer accommodation to participants
who live outside Lagos.)

With my best wishes,
Chimamanda Adichie

this ought to be fun
Re: Creative Writing Workshop by workingirl: 3:09pm On Aug 07, 2008
I applied, prob means I didn't get in sad. Did you get your reply today?
Re: Creative Writing Workshop by tianshie(m): 7:25pm On Aug 09, 2008
@Chukky
Re: Creative Writing Workshop by SMC(f): 8:49pm On Aug 09, 2008
@ Chukky and Tianshie,

Good for you guys.

Hope you enjoy the workshop. Chimamanda is a good writer and she does have good tips to pass on. Usually, she has the 2002 Caine Prize winner and editor of Kwani?, Binyavanga Wainaina cover the workshop with her (and some others). I am not sure that is the case this year, though I hope it is. So hopefully, you guys will have a good experience with the workshop. I hope to see your works published somewhere in the not too distant future. Goodluck.
Re: Creative Writing Workshop by chukky76(m): 3:54am On Aug 10, 2008
hi tianshie, wow i'm so glad another nairalander has been invited for this. my email is on my profile so u can send me a mail with ur phone number and i'll send u mine.

thanks SMC for all the good thoughts and wishes. we'll do our best. please go make up with sisikill in the next thread. ok?
we all need to hook up one bright sunny day, all nairaland writers.

twill be fun.
Re: Creative Writing Workshop by SMC(f): 5:22pm On Aug 10, 2008
chukky76:

thanks SMC for all the good thoughts and wishes. we'll do our best. please go make up with sisikill in the next thread. ok?
we all need to hook up one bright sunny day, all nairaland writers.

twill be fun.

I have no grouse whatsoever with Sisikill. He/she is not known to me personally and I do hope my posts on that thread are not interpreted to be a personal attack on him/her or even Seun or anyone else, because no matter how displeasing those posts may be to anyone or how it may have ruffled their feathers, all I did was politely raise a pertinent question, and frankly I do not see that being a ground for offering an olive branch. If anyone feels slighted by my queries, he/she should learn to address the issues and stop ego tripping.
Re: Creative Writing Workshop by tianshie(m): 5:23pm On Aug 10, 2008

Bea.

Re: Creative Writing Workshop by tianshie(m): 8:18pm On Aug 20, 2008
Workshop!!
cry
Re: Creative Writing Workshop by SMC(f): 2:13am On Aug 21, 2008
tianshie:

It's the second day of the workshop at the Lagos resource centre Victoria Island and it's very taxing with all the readings and assignments Chimamanda gives us but the experience is invaluable!!

Tomorrow is another day cry

LOL. Well, I'll advise that you soak up as much as you can. You know what they say - No pain, no gain. Remember that you can only be a better writer for the experience (not worse). I'm sure that you will appreciate the experience sometime in the not too distant future. Did you manage to hook up with Chukky76? Since Seun banned him, he has not posted on Nairaland (though I believe the ban has since been lifted - I may however be wrong, who knows?).

Anyway, all the best to you guys. Ensure you make the most of the workshop.
Re: Creative Writing Workshop by tianshie(m): 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2008
@SMC
Re: Creative Writing Workshop by SMC(f): 7:28pm On Aug 22, 2008
great wink LOL
Re: Creative Writing Workshop by Ndipe(m): 8:54pm On Aug 23, 2008
Congratulations to all those who were selected by Ms. Adichie. More grease to your elbows.
Re: Creative Writing Workshop by asamuel: 11:14pm On Apr 25, 2010
buy all your creative writing books from www.kalahari.com.ng
Re: Creative Writing Workshop by homy: 3:24pm On May 03, 2010
It's wonderful exposing forum members to such workshops. However , some of us missed out on that great occasion, when can we have such workshop again? Hope you will keep us abreast always. Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Time to Enjoy and This Is How I'm Doing It... [Picture] / Your Favourite Author(s)? / 10 Funny But Real Facts Of Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.