Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,699 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

10 Questions For Religious Folks. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Questions For Religious Folks. (3473 Views)

I Dare Every Religious Folks / Question For My Religious Folks. / Religious Folks, How Long Can You Go Without Prayer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Questions For Religious Folks. by RayMcBlue(m): 4:18pm On Aug 30, 2013
My first official post is as follows;»»OH, this is gonna be good««

10 Questions for Religious folks.

Don't meant to be offensive or anything...just asking.

1. Why did God create the world in 6 days? Why not just instantly do it all in one day if he was all powerful?

2. If God has a plan for us then why pray at all?

3. Why did God punish Adam and Eve for doing wrong if they did not know the difference between right and wrong?

4. Where did God come from?

5. How does a virgin get pregnant?

6. Did God create sin?

7. Why are there so many religion with each one claiming to be the only true one?

8. Between Isaac and Ismael, which one was the legitimate son of Abraham?

9. Why are there no chairs in mosques?

10. What status does Jesus hold in Islam. And what status does Mohammed hold in Christianity?

You don't need to answer all, just attempt one that you know.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by Nobody: 4:20pm On Aug 30, 2013
Praise Master Jesus!!!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by RayMcBlue(m): 4:24pm On Aug 30, 2013
musKeeto: Praise Master Jesus!!!!

You a Christian or what? What ya mean?
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by RayMcBlue(m): 4:36pm On Aug 30, 2013
Are there no Christian in the house? C'mon, come and defend y'selves.
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by RayMcBlue(m): 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2013
Why are mosque devoid of chairs for crying out loud? Muslims...?
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by Ajibam: 4:45pm On Aug 30, 2013
Ray McBlue: Hey peeps, the name's McBlue and it's good to be here. A Nigerian bestie recommended me to this forum and so far so good, it's an ideal place to raise hell.

I love controversy...craves it, infact, a place without a little 'versy now and then is one hell of a sh$t hole.

And on that note, my first official post is as follows;»»OH, this is gonna be good««

1. Why did God create the world in 6 days? Why not just instantly do it all in one day if he was all powerful?

3. Why did God punish Adam and Eve for doing wrong if they did not know the difference between right and wrong?

6. Did God create sin?

7. Why are there so many religion with each one claiming to be the only true one?

10. What status does Jesus hold in Islam. And what status does Mohammed hold in Christianity?

Bro..
The only answer you nEed is

Accept Jesus into your life..if you do! All this willbe clear to you..you are veiled now,until you accept jesus christ all this wont be clear to you!!

The step is simple
Just say What the picture says

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by RayMcBlue(m): 5:00pm On Aug 30, 2013
Ajibam:

Bro..
The only answer you nEed is

Accept Jesus into your life..if you do! All this willbe clear to you..you are veiled now,until you accept jesus christ all this wont be clear to you!!

The step is simple
Just say What the picture says

Nah...That's not an answer. You are just being your typical shrouded xtian self. Just gimme a straightedge response and you are already pointing me to Yesus.

Remember that Kanye West answers to that name, among the other 1 million Latinos that call themselves Jesus too.

Or are you telling me to accept one of them into my life. Oh wait, I can just visualize it now.

I walk up to some random Latino and...

"Hello Pedro, I need you in my life to understand how A virgin could get pregnant?"

Yeah, very logical indeed.

Score one for the Christians.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by RayMcBlue(m): 5:04pm On Aug 30, 2013
Any other church folk who wanna take a shot??

Muslims are also welcome.
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Aug 30, 2013

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by RayMcBlue(m): 5:33pm On Aug 30, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Really? We shall see...
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by Nobody: 6:34pm On Aug 30, 2013
Ray McBlue: My first official post is as follows;»»OH, this is gonna be good««

Hmmmmm....new user id...

Now tell me who arth thou??...

Ray McBlue:

We are not sure if the world was created in exactly 6 days because the way God sees a day is quite different from the way man sees it....the bottom line however, is that God took a period of time to create the world.

The fact that he took some time has nothing to do with his nature as an all powerful God. Note that an all powerful God also reserves the right to do whatever he pleases which includes (but not limited to) taken his time to create the world.

Hence, the simple answer to your question is that God took a period of time to create the world because he wanted it that way.

Ray McBlue:

Like I implied earlier, God decides to do things the way he sees fit. He sees it fit to create an avenue where his creatures (man in this case) would have an avenue to communicate with their creator.

You can think of it, more or less like the 'complaint section' of nairaland where every Tom, D*ck and mariah goes to communicate with their moderators. Note that the mods have a choice of scrapping the complaints section and communicate directly in the various threads but they did not choose this avenue.

In the same way, God chose prayer as one of the means whereby humans are able to meet and communicate with their creator.

Ray McBlue:

I guess the verse of sacred scriptures you refer to is:

Genesis 2:17
17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

God has so deemed it necessary that all his creatures (Man and Angel) must merit the beatific vision of Heaven. And the only virtue needed in meriting Heaven is obedience.

This obedience can be forced on man and the Angels but God so respects our freedom to choose that he made it such that each individual Angel and Man must decide whether they want to obey him willingly or not. As a result everyone was put in a temporary abode in order to ascertain their willingness to obey the commands of God.

For Adam and Eve, that place was the garden of Eden where they had all that they could hope for. To 'test' their readiness for Heaven they were given just one task: Do not eat of the fruit of knowledge.

This order was not given in a vacuum. God made it such that both Adam and Eve were fully aware of the consequences for an act of disobedience, as depicted in the words of Eve:

Genesis 3
New International Version (NIV)

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die. ’”

In essence, the point I am driving at is simple: Though Adam and Eve were oblivious to other acts of good and evil, they were fully aware that eating of the fruit is WRONG hence the punishment.

Ray McBlue:

God did not come from a place. He existed of himself and I don't know how.

Ray McBlue:

The same way mud was turned into man. God is all powerful.

Ray McBlue:
6. Did God create sin?

No he did not. However, given man free will implies an innate ability for man to sin. Note that free will is not a bad thing.

Ray McBlue:

Various reasons...ranging from a sincere desire to follow God, to very selfish motives of making money.

Ray McBlue:

Depends on what you mean by 'legitimate'. If by 'legitimate' you are talking about the son of the 'promise' then Isaac is your man.

Genesis 21:1
Now the Lord was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did for Sarah what he had promised.

Ray McBlue:

I am not a Muslim. Your question is best answered by one but if you ask me, I will say it has a lot to do with their method of prayer.

Muslims, kneel, bow and 'prostrate' in humble submission to God while praying and in doing so a chair is hardly needed. However, a chair can be provided for worshippers on request, especially when such worshipper is an elderly person that is unable to perform the 'prayer rites' as expected.

Ray McBlue:

Muslims hold Jesus in high esteem and believe that he is a Muslim. They refer to him as Prophet Isa. Christians do not believe Muhammad is a prophet.

Ray McBlue:

I should have read this before attempting the questions. cheesy
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 30, 2013

1. Why did God create the world in 6 days? Why not just instantly do it all in one day if he was all.
Better be sure you are not here to waste my time.
To the above.
God as the supreme and perfect spirit that he is, in creating within six days, was depicting how he'd like man to operate.
A kind of blueprint on how man as co-creator with God will run his society, and the role of timing in the affairs of man.
It goes further to stress that the seventh day is meant for man to rest from his work, coupled with praises and worship to the one who made everything possible.
That is what I call, living by example.
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by RayMcBlue(m): 7:36am On Aug 31, 2013
striktlymi:

We are not sure if the world was created in exactly 6 days because the way God sees a day is quite different from the way man sees it....the bottom line however, is that God took a period of time to create the world.

The fact that he took some time has nothing to do with his nature as an all powerful God. Note that an all powerful God also reserves the right to do whatever he pleases which includes (but not limited to) taken his time to create the world.

Hence, the simple answer to your question is that God took a period of time to create the world because he wanted it that way.

If God could command light to appear and light complied, what stopped him from doing same to the rest of the creation and thus, save himself from all those hassles of waiting for another 24 hours to begin the next process? It doesn't make sense at all!

Your response is not satisfactory.

striktlymi: Like I implied earlier, God decides to do things the way he sees fit. He sees it fit to create an avenue where his creatures (man in this case) would have an avenue to communicate with their creator.

You can think of it, more or less like the 'complaint section' of nairaland where every Tom, D*ck and mariah goes to communicate with their moderators. Note that the mods have a choice of scrapping the complaints section and communicate directly in the various threads but they did not choose this avenue.

But I heard somewhere in the Bible that the way of God is not the way of man. Or am I wrong in that assessment? By comparing God's way and that of Mods, weren't you kinda equating their similarities. In other words, God thinks like man and vice versa.

Another unsatisfactory response..

striktlymi: In the same way, God chose prayer as one of the means whereby humans are able to meet and communicate with their creator.

I guess the verse of sacred scriptures you refer to is:

Genesis 2:17
17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”

God has so deemed it necessary that all his creatures (Man and Angel) must merit the beatific vision of Heaven. And the only virtue needed in meriting Heaven is obedience.

This obedience can be forced on man and the Angels but God so respects our freedom to choose that he made it such that each individual Angel and Man must decide whether they want to obey him willingly or not. As a result everyone was put in a temporary abode in order to ascertain their willingness to obey the commands of God.

For Adam and Eve, that place was the garden of Eden where they had all that they could hope for. To 'test' their readiness for Heaven they were given just one task: Do not eat of the fruit of knowledge.

This order was not given in a vacuum. God made it such that both Adam and Eve were fully aware of the consequences for an act of disobedience, as depicted in the words of Eve:

Genesis 3
New International Version (NIV)

2 The woman said to the serpent, “We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, 3 but God did say, ‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die. ’”

In essence, the point I am driving at is simple: Though Adam and Eve were oblivious to order acts of good and evil, they were fully aware that eating of the fruit is WRONG hence the punishment.

How?? If they didn't know that there is no such thing as Good and evils, how in the hell were you expecting them to comprehend the full implication of eating the forbidden fruit?

You kept going round and round in circles without really touching the questions...

Third strike for you.

striktlymi: God did not come from a place. He existed of himself and I don't know how.

You don't know where he came from, or that he even exist, and yet you worship him all the same? Interesting...

striktlymi: The same way mud was turned into man. God is all powerful.

Invalid answer! Man like most living organisms in the face of via planet, is composed primarily of flesh and blood, and more blood. According to chemical composition of the flesh, there is no trace of carbonic acid or other diluted solvents associated with clay soil.

And all these still doesn't explain how a virgins could get pregnant and conceive.

C'mon man, you are making the churchfolks look bad!

striktlymi: No he did not. However, given man free will implies an innate ability for man to sin. Note that free will is not a bad thing.

According to your bible, God created Lucifer, whom in turn created sin. Hence, logically God created sin by proxy.

How many strikes for you now..? I've lost count.

striktlymi: Various reasons...ranging from a sincere desire to follow God, to very selfish motives of making money.

Please take note that Some religions like Hinduism, Budhaism, etc detest money. Your response is already invalid if that is to be put into account...Which I will.

Done.

striktlymi: Depends on what you mean by 'legitimate'. If by 'legitimate' you are talking about the son of the 'promise' then Isaac is your man.

Genesis 21:1
Now the Lord was gracious to Sarah as he had said, and the Lord did for Sarah what he had promised.
[/color]

Emm...Our Muslim brethrens wouldn't agree with you on that.

striktlymi: I am not a Muslim. Your question is best answered by one but if you ask me, I will say it has a lot to do with their method of prayer.

Muslims, kneel, bow and 'prostrate' in humble submission to God while praying and in doing so a chair is hardly needed. However, a chair can be provided for worshippers on request, especially when such worshipper is an elderly person that is unable to perform the 'prayer rites' as expected.

The only satisfactory response you gave so far, and you ain't even a Muslim! Are you sure your religious sentiments are in the right place?

striktlymi: Muslims hold Jesus in high esteem and believe that he is a Muslim. They refer to him as Prophet Isa. Christians do not believe Muhammad is a prophet.

A'right.

striktlymi: I should have read this before attempting the questions. cheesy

Doesn't matter...you tried.

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by RayMcBlue(m): 7:45am On Aug 31, 2013
Reyginus: Better be sure you are not here to waste my time.
To the above.
God as the supreme and perfect spirit that he is, in creating within six days, was depicting how he'd like man to operate.
A kind of blueprint on how man as co-creator with God will run his society, and the role of timing in the affairs of man.
It goes further to stress that the seventh day is meant for man to rest from his work, coupled with praises and worship to the one who made everything possible.
That is what I call, living by example.

A more satisfactory reply than the one striktlymi gave.

It made sense. Can you attempt other questions if you can, thanks.
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by UyiIredia(m): 9:04am On Aug 31, 2013
There are 3 ways I can answer your questions: as a Christian, a deist or an atheist. I'll pick the last.

1. It is said because God wanted to but I guess He was being lazy since He could actually have done it at once. After all, He is supposedly omniscient.

2. Needless since what will happen will happen.

3. I myself criticized this thinking before rejecting Christianity and I
must say the replies I got, in particular from Ihedinobi, were
unsatisfactory. The curse was needless. For one, God could have
forgiven, even human dads forgive little innocent kids a folly
whether intended by them or not. To further punish all humanity
made less sense.

4. Nowhere but the minds of lesser minds who create Him.

5. In myths where experiences run agaibst the grain of known facts.

6. He did. He set the initial conditions for sin in the garden from the
creation of all elements involved to allowing the sin to occur. A
truly holy God would not allow sin, or couldn't possibly make sin
in the first place, ergo, the sin doctrine contradicts a holy God,
to be expected since Christianity centers on a book filled with
fables and confutations.

7. It is in the nature of men to engage in, for the most part, confir-
mation bias, as such, it isn't surprising each religion claims to
teach truth that betters others. In any case, a claim to truth must
first be approavhed with skepticism.

8. Within the story it is Isaac. This is reasonable since Sarah, Isaac's
mum was truly married to Abraham and not Hagar who was a
maid who was made a concubine.

9. I gather Muslims think it to be a form of respect to Allah to either
stand or bow in Allah's presence. Chairs like sliipers are deemed
irreverent in a place set apart for worship.

10. Jesus (or Isa) is acknowledged as a prophet but not Son of God
(or God made flesh) which Muslims believe blaspheme the
one and only Allah. Muhammad on the other hand isn't taken
seriously by the majority of Christians, in fact, some will say,
to the consternation of some Muslims, that the man is in hell.
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by RayMcBlue(m): 9:19am On Aug 31, 2013
@Uyi Iredia, your views ran parallel to most of atheistic ones, more or less.

Reading it is like talking to myself.

I need a Christian or Muslim brother or sisters that have a differing view, that would put those questions to rest or at least attempt to...
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by Nobody: 10:47am On Aug 31, 2013
Ray McBlue:

A more satisfactory reply than the one striktlymi gave.

It made sense. Can you attempt other questions if you can, thanks.

Okay. One at a time.
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by Nobody: 11:04am On Aug 31, 2013

In praying to God we not only show that we really want his plan for us to come to pass, we are also acknowledging the source of the plan to be carried out.
God is a respecter of freewill, he will not go against our freewill to carryout his plan for us unless we commit it to him.
If he carries out the plan without our asking he will be going against the right to choose he gave us. Thus, commiting evil which is contrary to His being.
Look at this way. A loving, rich, good and rational father anywhere in this world will want his son to prosper and multiply in everything that is good. But it behoves on the son to decide if he really wants to thread the path that will lead to the acquisition of all that is good.
The father won't try to force him to thread the path, where he does, he no longer becomes the good father we ascribed to him.
Take prayer to God as the acceptance of the offer to fulfill his plans for you.
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by UyiIredia(m): 11:46am On Aug 31, 2013
Ray McBlue: @Uyi Iredia, your views ran parallel to most of atheistic ones, more or less.

Reading it is like talking to myself.

I need a [/b]Christian[/b] or Muslim brother or sisters that have a differing view, that would put those questions to rest or at least attempt to...

I can give you a Christian answer if you will.
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by RayMcBlue(m): 10:00am On Sep 03, 2013
Reyginus: In praying to God we not only show that we really want his plan for us to come to pass, we are also acknowledging the source of the plan to be carried out.
God is a respecter of freewill, he will not go against our freewill to carryout his plan for us unless we commit it to him.
If he carries out the plan without our asking he will be going against the right to choose he gave us. Thus, commiting evil which is contrary to His being.
Look at this way. A loving, rich, good and rational father anywhere in this world will want his son to prosper and multiply in everything that is good. But it behoves on the son to decide if he really wants to thread the path that will lead to the acquisition of all that is good.
The father won't try to force him to thread the path, where he does, he no longer becomes the good father we ascribed to him.
Take prayer to God as the acceptance of the offer to fulfill his plans for you.

You look like an intelligent fella. Had an half-mind to challenge your reply but that would have put a dampener in an otherwise brilliant response.

Okay...

Attempt Next question?
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by RayMcBlue(m): 10:02am On Sep 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I can give you a Christian answer if you will.

You don't seem to get the memo, do you? I'm not religious so wouldn't be able to give you one even if my life depends on it.
That's the purpose of this thread...to find answers.
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 03, 2013
Ray McBlue:

You look like an intelligent fella. Had an half-mind to challenge your reply but that would have put a dampener in an otherwise brilliant response.

Okay...

Attempt Next question?
Before we proceed, I would like to know your objection, the dampener, the half mind as you put it. Maybe we can learn something from it.
Let's treat each question completely before going any further.
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by UyiIredia(m): 4:08pm On Sep 03, 2013
Ray McBlue:

You don't seem to get the memo, do you? I'm not religious so wouldn't be able to give you one even if my life depends on it.
That's the purpose of this thread...to find answers.

You misunderstand me. I want to answer you the way a Christian would, IOW, give typical Christian answer to your questions. So . . . are you game ?
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by RayMcBlue(m): 5:39pm On Sep 03, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

You misunderstand me. I want to answer you the way a Christian would, IOW, give typical Christian answer to your questions. So . . . are you game ?

Sure I am. Let's see what you got.
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by RayMcBlue(m): 6:01pm On Sep 03, 2013
Reyginus: Before we proceed, I would like to know your objection, the dampener, the half mind as you put it. Maybe we can learn something from it.
Let's treat each question completely before going any further.

'kay.

Simply put, you didn't really answer the question.

Remember that I asked; If God has a plan for us then why pray at all?

You talked of prayer being an acceptance of God's offer to fulfill mankind's wishes or plan, which the question already acknowledged. See below;

"If God has a plan for us..."

To summarize, you are trying to say that Since God already have a plan for us, praying is a formality. Exactly what the question is implying.

That's the dampener, cuz you didn't really tackle the question. You skirted around it in a brilliant manner but the question still remained unanswered.
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
Ray McBlue:

'kay.

Simply put, you didn't really answer the question.

Remember that I asked; If God has a plan for us then why pray at all?

You talked of prayer being an acceptance of God's offer to fulfill mankind's wishes or plan, which the question already acknowledged. See below;

"If God has a plan for us..."

To summarize, you are trying to say that Since God already have a plan for us, praying is a formality. Exactly what the question is implying.

That's the dampener, cuz you didn't really tackle the question. You skirted around it in a brilliant manner but the question still remained unanswered.
Seems more like an omission of a word on my part. I think I didn't mention what the prayer is serving.
Like we have to break down the question into two fragments to give a clearer picture. With these fragments we can inductively climb to the central theme the question is moving towards.
Take them to be: 'if God has a plan for us' and 'why pray'.
1. To have a plan depicts, to have a sketch, a diagram, a pattern which a thing, an entity, is to follow for the fulfilment of a particular goal. We know God is a supreme, uncaused, and benevolent spirit.
Any plan by this supreme spirit(God) on the lower spirits can be seen as, a pattern mapped out by an objective moral entity for the goodness of lower spirits.
If you observe clearly, in our definition of what a plan really is, begs a means of connection. That is, a means through which the one planned for will acquire what was planned for him.
That is where we have to redefine your understanding of prayer. I think your idea of prayer is merely a platform to ask for the fulfillment of this plan talked about. Prayer is not only a platform to ask for our wants, it is also the means by which we connect ourselves to God. A means to talk to God about everything. I mean everything.
So the point is, you have to be connected to God before you claim the contents in the plan.
2. 'Why pray?' We pray because it is one of the surest means to connect and roam with God. The principal thing is the connection, the familiarizing with the person of God.
Using a network as an analogy. Without a sim card in the phone there would be no connection to work with. The phone can perform every other primary function like calculation, games, alarm clock, etc. But to function to its maximum capability, to use the phone to the optimal specifications it was made to deliver, a sim card is inserted to provide the needed network.
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by RayMcBlue(m): 4:07am On Sep 04, 2013
Reyginus: Seems more like an omission of a word on my part. I think I didn't mention what the prayer is serving.
Like we have to break down the question into two fragments to give a clearer picture. With these fragments we can inductively climb to the central theme the question is moving towards.
Take them to be: 'if God has a plan for us' and 'why pray'.
1. To have a plan depicts, to have a sketch, a diagram, a pattern which a thing, an entity, is to follow for the fulfilment of a particular goal. We know God is a supreme, uncaused, and benevolent spirit.
Any plan by this supreme spirit(God) on the lower spirits can be seen as, a pattern mapped out by an objective moral entity for the goodness of lower spirits.
If you observe clearly, in our definition of what a plan really is, begs a means of connection. That is, a means through which the one planned for will acquire what was planned for him.
That is where we have to redefine your understanding of prayer. I think your idea of prayer is merely a platform to ask for the fulfillment of this plan talked about. Prayer is not only a platform to ask for our wants, it is also the means by which we connect ourselves to God. A means to talk to God about everything. I mean everything.
So the point is, you have to be connected to God before you claim the contents in the plan.

Uhm...I don't think so.

Your words "it's only those that are connected to God that could claim the contents of those plans" can be translated to mean thus; its only those that acknowledges God and pray that God's light will shine down upon.

So not true.

Bill Gates is one of the most successful men of his generation, and yet a known atheist. Remember, he had never prayed once in his life(or so he says)

Now some could argue that he was able to attain to those lofty heights without praying, simply because he made it so or it was written in the stars(his destiny).

Meaning, NOT praying doesn't negate someone from achieving his goal if he is hell bent on it.

You create your own luck, so-to-speak.

Now, that's seem more logical and less sentimental.

Reyginus:
2. 'Why pray?' We pray because it is one of the surest means to connect and roam with God. The principal thing is the connection, the familiarizing with the person of God.
Using a network as an analogy. Without a sim card in the phone there would be no connection to work with. The phone can perform every other primary function like calculation, games, alarm clock, etc. But to function to its maximum capability, to use the phone to the optimal specifications it was made to deliver, a sim card is inserted to provide the needed network.

Interesting...

So an atheist or somebody that doesn't pray at all isn't really maximizing his or her potential? He/she could be likened to a phone without a Sim Card?

Hmmn...

Sentiments talking again, don't you think?
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by Nobody: 7:21am On Sep 04, 2013
Ray McBlue:

Uhm...I don't think so.

Your words "it's only those that are connected to God that could claim the contents of those plans" can be translated to mean thus; its only those that acknowledges God and pray that God's light will shine down upon.

So not true.

Bill Gates is one of the most successful men of his generation, and yet a known atheist. Remember, he had never prayed once in his life(or so he says)

Now some could argue that he was able to attain to those lofty heights without praying, simply because he made it so or it was written in the stars(his destiny).

Meaning, NOT praying doesn't negate someone from achieving his goal if he is hell bent on it.

You create your own luck, so-to-speak.

Now, that's seem more logical and less sentimental.

Interesting...

So an atheist or somebody that doesn't pray at all isn't really maximizing his or her potential? He/she could be likened to a phone without a Sim Card?

Hmmn...

Sentiments talking again, don't you think?

Lol. Now I know why you are missing the point.
The plan of God for our lives is not really that of optimum satisfaction in this life but in the afterlife. Bill gates may be rich physically but spiritually he is nothing. That's the plan I am talking about. The possession of the kingdom of heaven.
Only those who know him can actualize it. An atheist will not. No sentiments here, bro.
Now, how can an atheist be a part of what he doesn't belive in the first place?
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by RayMcBlue(m): 7:42am On Sep 04, 2013
Reyginus: Lol. Now I know why you are missing the point.
The plan of God for our lives is not really that of optimum satisfaction in this life but in the afterlife. Bill gates may be rich physically but spiritually he is nothing.

So you say. At the end of the day, when he dies, a lasting legacy will left behind » Microsoft. It doesn't get any better than that, my friend.

Reyginus: That's the plan I am talking about. The possession of the kingdom of heaven.
Only those who know him can actualize it. An atheist will not. No sentiments here, bro.

Really?

What kingdom of Heaven are you referring to? Cuz there are so many.

Zeus kingdom of heaven which is Olympus

Odin's kingdom of heaven

Jehovah's kingdom of Heaven

Allah's Kingdom of Heaven with 72 Virgins

Sango and Amadioha's Kingdom of Heaven

Orlando Bloom's Kingdom of Heaven.

Etc...

So which one??

Reyginus: Now, how can an atheist be a part of what he doesn't belive in the first place?

Exactly.
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by UyiIredia(m): 9:02am On Sep 04, 2013
1. I don't know and I must content myself with that, no one can know everything and ifGod wanted it known why He made the world as He did, it would be in the Bible.

2. To hear the plan from God via His Holy Spirit which speaks to us
as a still, small vouce in our hearts.

3. They did. God made them with a conscience. You are mistaking God making them innocent and without sin for moral naivete which is not the case: whenthe serpent tempted the woman she had the sense to know God said it was bad to eat from the tree in question.

4. No one. God is uncreated and eternal, as such, He has always been extant.

5. Science might find a way to do that by getting a sufficiently old virgin,extracting her egg without damaging her hymen or vagina, fertilizing it in vivo and implanting it back, again without damage to the hymen or vagina, in the uterus. Of course, for an omnipotent God it is easy, the Bible talks about the Holy Spirit overshadowing her and making her conceive. So the way Mary got pregnant was through an otherwise impossible human parthenogenesis.

6. No, he didn't. Sin is man's disobedience to God's commandment. It started in the garden when Adam disobeyed God's order not to eat of a certain tree. That precedent set the ground for more to come.

7. Because men have lost their way and try to find their way back to God. Christianity OTOH is about God drawing man to the way to Him. Jesus is God come as man to live the life God wants of us and to commend us to God.

8. Isaac is. Ishmael's mother was never married to Abraham and was Sarah's maid before Sarahmade her husband sleep with her to get a child. Isaac's mother, Sarah, was legitimately married to Abraham and he was the child of promise God foretold to Abraham.

9. Supposedly, as their way of respecting Allah. They stand, kneel or bow in Allah's presence as a sign of respect. Sitting, to them implies treating Allah as one's mate which is deemed improper.

10. I know Jesus is held to be a prophet, but not a the Son of God or God as a man, in Islam. We Christians don't take Muhammad seriously, at best he is ignored, otherwise he falls into the category of a false prophet.
Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 04, 2013
RayMacblue,

I dont know who you are but I know one thing-

-You are EPIC! Great work sir!

Nice schooling of Striklymi, by the way! grin grin

striktlymi: God did not come from a place. He existed of himself and I don't know how.

[b]Ray Macblue;[/b]You don't know where he came from, or that he even exist, and yet you worship him all the same? Interesting...

1 Like

Re: 10 Questions For Religious Folks. by Nobody: 3:13pm On Sep 04, 2013
Ray McBlue:

So you say. At the end of the day, when he dies, a lasting legacy will left behind » Microsoft. It doesn't get any better than that, my friend.

Really?

What kingdom of Heaven are you referring to? Cuz there are so many.

Zeus kingdom of heaven which is Olympus

Odin's kingdom of heaven

Jehovah's kingdom of Heaven

Allah's Kingdom of Heaven with 72 Virgins

Sango and Amadioha's Kingdom of Heaven

Orlando Bloom's Kingdom of Heaven.

Etc...

So which one??

Exactly.
This is getting interesting. Permit me to correct a slight oversight on your part.
You see, the moment you equate any plan in the after-life of a physically non-existent entity to the effect the nonexistent has left behind for those still in the life, we are no longer speaking of the same thing. You are indeliberately changing the concept under contention.
Legacy is not the same thing as a continuation of life, a journey to a path, a path having you as a part.
This is why I say you deviated from the argument. First of all, a plan for the good of a being and the whole is solely for the good of the being and the whole. The future which God envisage for the person must have the him as a part of it. That is, he is present in this plan.
Legacy on the other hand cannot affect the life of a dead person. Just like assuming that because steve Jobs left a good legacy, that somehow he is still benefitting from it. How can that be?
Following you line of argument, do you think the legacy the dead left affect them in any way?
And by the way, let's not make other additions. I perceive something.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Popular South Africa Prophet, Bushiri Exposed, Prophesied By Samuel Akinbodunse / Men Dressed In Black SATANIC Robes Figures At Chelsea Stadium [photo] / Witchcraft Evidence:witches Caught In The Act ( Videos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.