Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,635 members, 7,955,317 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 10:30 PM

2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC (6243 Views)

You’re A Threat To Nigeria’s Constitution, APC Tells Fayose / 2015: No Basis For Objection Over Buhari's Credentials- INEC / Abia State Gubernatorial Zoning In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by Brimmie(m): 5:59am On Aug 31, 2013
The All Progressives Congress has said that its presidentialcandidates will emerge through transparent primaries.

The National Publicity Secretary of the party, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, who stated this in a telephone interview with one of our correspondents, said the party would neither give preference to any zone nor fix positions for candidates from any part of the country for the 2015 general elections.

Mohammed was reacting to a report that the APC had zoned the presidency to the North and the vice-presidency to the South-East. The report had said that the party zoned the vice-presidency to the South-East to break the stronghold of the Peoples Democratic Party in the area.

But the APC spokesman said, “There is no zoning in our constitution. Our presidential candidate will emerge through a transparent process. Nigerians are interested inhow our presidential candidate will emerge. We won’t disappoint them.”

He also explained that in choosing its presidential candidate, the party would abide by Nigeria’s constitution.

According to him, the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria spells out what a presidential candidate must possess.

He said the constitutional requirements were superior to any other requirement of the law, adding “We also have in our own constitution, which is very akin to what the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria says as to who can be a President.

“The thing is that you cannot raise the bar. For instance, if the constitution of Nigeria says to be a President, all you need is first degree, you cannot say because it is APC, you must have a Master’s degree. Our own constitution is very much like the constitution of the Federal Republic ofNigeria.”

Mohammed also explained that all incumbent governors and other aspirants of the party would go through primaries.

The APC spokesman was asked if the incumbent governors of the party would be given automatic tickets in 2015. He said, “I am not aware of that. Like I keep telling you folks, you can’t circumvent the constitution ofthe party. Look at even Anambra, there will be primaries. The constitution is very clear, there will be primaries.”

The incumbent APC governors, who are entitled to second term include Tanko Almakura (Nasarawa); Abdulaziz Yari (Zamfara); Rochas Okorocha (Imo); KayodeFayemi (Ekiti); Ibikunle Amosun (Ogun); Abiola Ajimobi (Oyo); Rauf Aregbesola (Osun) and Kashim Shettima (Borno).

Governorship aspirants that will slug it out with the incumbents have been emerging in some of the states.

In Ogun State, the posters of a banker and a former vice-presidential candidate of the Action Congress of Nigeria, Mr. Fola Adeola, were in strategic parts of the state capital, Abeokuta, a few weeks ago.

In Ekiti State, a member of the House of Representatives, Mr. Opeyemi Bamidele, has indicated interest in the state governorship seat.

In Oyo State, Senator Femi Lanlehin may contest the party governorship ticket with the incumbent governor.

Meanwhile, the PDP and the APC have again engaged each other in a war of words over the manifesto of the opposition party.

The interim national publicity secretary of the APC, in an interview with one of our correspondents, faulted the claim of the PDP that the opposition party copied its manifesto.

Mohammed described the claim by the PDP that the APC manifesto lacked originality as an “indefensible lie.”

He wondered why the manifesto, which the PDP claimed the APC copied, had not been made public since the commencement of democratic rule in 1999.

The APC spokesman wondered why the PDP had not implemented the manifesto 14 years after it was produced.

He said that it would be dangerous for anybody to copy the PDP manifesto because such a manifesto emanated from those that did not mean well for the country.

According to Mohammed, while the APC has made its manifesto public,that of the PDP is not known to Nigerians.

He said, “Is that (the issue of manifesto ) what Nigerians want to hear now? If the APC copied the manifesto of thePDP, how come that the PDP has been unable to implement that copied manifesto?

“You see, a lie is difficult to defend. Let’s assume that that is what the APC did, which is not true anyway, was it the entire manifesto that was copied? How come that the PDP has been unable to implement it in 14 years?

“Nigerians are not interested in these theatrics. They are interested in the reasons why their purported manifesto has not been implemented. Why have they not implemented it? Why have they not done it in 14 years?

“We did not copy it. It will be dangerous for anybody to copy the PDP manifesto. It is a manifesto of no-do-gooders. We made our manifesto public, when last did they make their manifesto public? We made our manifesto public.”

Attempts to get the Senior Special Assistant to the President on Public Communications, Dr. Doyin Okupe, to comment further on the issue did not yield any result as he did not answer repeated calls made to his mobile telephone line on Thursday. Also, Okupe did not respond to a text message sent to him on the issue.

But the presidential aide had drawn the ire of the APC when he described the party as lacking in originality. He said the opposition copied the manifesto of the PDP.

Okupe, who spoke while fielding questions from journalists at the Benue State capital, Makurdi, on Sunday,said that the APC’s place was still the opposition in 2015.

He said that the APC manifesto was nothing different from that of the PDP, stressing that the new party had nothing to offer the country.

He said, “The manifesto of APC is almost like an internet download and there is nothing that reflects change in it.

Source: The Punch

2 Likes

Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 31, 2013
THIS IS WHAT I HATE MOST....THIS THEIR SELECTION TRU PARTY MEMBERS.. AND TRUST ME TINUBU KNOWS HOW TO SELECT HIS ANOINTED ONES

3 Likes

Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by gramci: 8:38am On Aug 31, 2013
Tinubu and Buhari will allocate positions

4 Likes

Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by ckkris: 8:46am On Aug 31, 2013
gramci:

Tinubu and Buhari will allocate positions

The Army should be ready to protect Youth Corps members when these dictators definitely lose in the elections.

3 Likes

Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by Nobody: 9:29am On Aug 31, 2013
APC just wait for 3043. That is when you will rule "former Nigeria". I will rather have Ojo Madueke as president than to have APC agbayas

3 Likes

Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by Olugbenger(m): 10:21am On Aug 31, 2013
Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by mosho2good: 10:23am On Aug 31, 2013
My end time tinz guys will soon come and say robbish.
If someone buy a new car, end time tinz

If someone build a new house, end time tinz.

If someone travels out of d country end time tinz.

If someone married a beautiful wife end time tinz.

Wen are u guys going to say new time tinz.

Or

Is it because we don't have anyting like new time tinz.
Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by OMG2013(m): 10:25am On Aug 31, 2013
Just read d headline alone....som1 pls summarize it 4 us oh.
Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by israel007: 10:27am On Aug 31, 2013
Who cares!
Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by fitzmayowa: 10:28am On Aug 31, 2013
Who cares They are all the same...
Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 31, 2013
mosho2good: My end time tinz guys will soon come and say robbish.

Or

END TIME THINGS

2 Likes

Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by Nobody: 10:30am On Aug 31, 2013
Zoning OR not, APC is stil the right choice come 2015.

14 Likes

Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by brownlord: 10:32am On Aug 31, 2013
Breaking News, Due to the ongoing merger Peoples Democratic Party has annouced their merger with INEC for the 2015 presidential election.

I know say those stupid APC and PDP thugs go won come here come insult me, thunder fire una in advance

2 Likes

Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by Ism4b(m): 10:34am On Aug 31, 2013
you people should just vote for the credible leaders that will for sure save the future of this great nation those that study very well and know the importance of knowledge and willing to save the nation's educational system, impact not the present leader that is claiming there is no money for education but there is for other down graded sectors PLS PONDER UPON IT .

1 Like

Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by Nobody: 10:35am On Aug 31, 2013
I hope we all know where this is leading to....soon they will shift the presidence to only the north and their main objective would be achieved...."child marriage" they come with very good plans but underneath their plans are selfish desires....i'm trying to hide the truth here but i must say it "they would do everything possible to turn Nigeria into an islamic nation" fact

1 Like

Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by Donmams(m): 10:48am On Aug 31, 2013
It is a straight fight between a thief(GEJ) and an anti thief (buhari). So nothing difficult here. We await 2015

5 Likes

Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by bolaji73(m): 10:49am On Aug 31, 2013
Elliotwiz1: I hope we all know where this is leading to....soon they will shift the presidence to only the north and their main objective would be achieved...."child marriage" they come with very good plans but underneath their plans are selfish desires....i'm trying to hide the truth here but i must say it "they would do everything possible to turn Nigeria into an islamic nation" fact
pls,tink b4 typing.i wonder hw some pple in a cruel spirit and selfish interest mixed wit tribalism just poured out anytin dat comes out frm dere anus.d north had rule dis country during d military era 4gud 46years.den,dey had every power to islamize d country if dey want 2 cos dey rule wit decree.is it nw dat we operate d so called'Democracy' dat dey will be capable 2do so? Haba,every1 knw dat dat wundnt be possible.

8 Likes

Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by Nonybb: 10:51am On Aug 31, 2013
Association of Past Criminals, APC is a party which Ndigbo shouldnt romance at all. If not 4 Ngige whom i might vote for in the next coming elections here i wonder wat relevance that BOKO haram party is to the rest of Ndigbo here. A party that welcomes a jihadist lack intergrity first even before it defends itself
Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by vladimiros: 10:52am On Aug 31, 2013
ANY APC MEMBER WHO BELIEVES THIS IS A PROPER ODDEE, MUMU
Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by chucky234(m): 10:54am On Aug 31, 2013
Who cares how they choose their presidential candidate for 2015, the cabals in APC are not different from the thiefing elites in PDP.
APC is certainly not the answers to Nigeria many problems,a party with Tinubu,Buhari and El-Rufai as its exco will be a worst nightmare to Nigerians and Nigeria than PDP has been since 1999.
I am still waiting for the messiah party but certainly not APC.

1 Like

Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by Mccullum: 10:56am On Aug 31, 2013
Either we like it or not, God's wish will surely prevail, because it is very obvious that Nigeria need change for better future & God have never disappoint us in this country at any time we need Him most.
Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by x2lambo(m): 11:00am On Aug 31, 2013
GOD PUNISH ALL NIGERIA POLITICIANS
Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by norriswood(m): 11:04am On Aug 31, 2013
If u peep call tinubu thief what will u call gej, u peep that speak against tinibu are just slowpoke.slowpoke.think of d way forward folks.
Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by Mccullum: 11:05am On Aug 31, 2013
What is the achievement of pdp since 1999 up till now, no good roads, no constant power supply, no improvement on education, and many more... APC is the answer to Nigeria problem... because the country need change. Progressives! carry on for the of CHANGE!!!
Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by Caleboha(m): 11:07am On Aug 31, 2013
Any party claiming to practice zoning and fails to zone 2015 presidency to the south-east is simply hypocritical! Thanks for clearing the air! cool

1 Like

Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by Kingspin(m): 11:10am On Aug 31, 2013
So na one way traffic as it were before 1999. F9!
Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by anytexy: 11:12am On Aug 31, 2013
Too early for me to coment on this. In politice things can change in less than 24 hours. So, time shall tell. Let's keep our fingers crossed as events unfoled.
Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:13am On Aug 31, 2013
Zoning or No zoning.... All i want is good governance.

I want positive change for this country...period.

APC should move in if they are ready for this....all these cheap talk and defending propaganda not needed. Keep the change coming

1 Like

Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by Nobody: 11:14am On Aug 31, 2013
bolaji73: pls,tink b4 typing.i wonder hw some pple in a cruel spirit and selfish interest mixed wit tribalism just poured out anytin dat comes out frm dere anus.d north had rule dis country during d military era 4gud 46years.den,dey had every power to islamize d country if dey want 2 cos dey rule wit decree.is it nw dat we operate d so called'Democracy' dat dey will be capable 2do so? Haba,every1 knw dat dat wundnt be possible.
was there any thing like "boko-haram" thenwas there anything like child marriage issue thenmaybe You're the one Who's thinking through the anus,lol....see with time come changes...the ability to predict what happens in the future gives you an advantage over any negative thing that may happen...we all know that There's a great rift between the north and south presently, was there anything like this during the military regime??the present rift is caused by many differences and conflict of ideas, which the ex-militant amnesty offer is one...did we have any problem of such during the military regime??sorry but i must add this, all the muslims in the house voted that child marriage should be legalized, why? Because it was legal according to their RELIGION!....what is stopping them from making more religious laws if they have total power? Please if you got nothing reasonable to say, put your fingers in your pocket!!!get my point or buy a brain, dummy.

1 Like

Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by HonSuQMaDIQ(m): 11:15am On Aug 31, 2013
mosho2good: My end time tinz guys will soon come and say robbish.

Or

Do not say nasty things about the lords annointed
Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by Appliedmaths(m): 11:16am On Aug 31, 2013
grin this people would kill themselves out of competition, my friend if you don't zone you'll end up causing a very big in-house rift among your party members which would obviously lead to the "speedy end" of your darling APC party.

1 Like

Re: 2015: No Zoning In Our Constitution - APC by Kingspin(m): 11:17am On Aug 31, 2013
Mccullum: What is the achievement of pdp since 1999 up till now, no good roads, no constant power supply, no improvement on education, and many more... APC is the answer to Nigeria problem... because the country need change. Progressives! carry on for the of CHANGE!!!
Like wise PDM, LP,APGA, etc is the answer to Nigeria problem..just like given a madman new shirt..Heloo, any day the change comes all Nigerians shall speak in one voice, for now nobdy has clear or give us that sense.

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Minimum Wages By Countries Of The World. / Reasons Why Secession Is A Suicide Mission For Biafra / Tinubu Slumps At Arewa Lecture Series In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.