Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,092 members, 7,957,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 06:55 AM

How Indecency Is Killing Creativity In Nollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How Indecency Is Killing Creativity In Nollywood (1436 Views)

How MTN Is Killing The Quality Of Project Fame West Africa With Greediness / Fears Over Indecency Broadcast In Nigeria / Nollywood Star In A Soft indecency Movie Called Dirty Secret (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Indecency Is Killing Creativity In Nollywood by 9jageek: 11:58am On Aug 31, 2013
If you are a fan of Nollywood and the rest of Nigerian entertainment, you must have noticed a shift in recent times. The movies and music videos coming out of Nigeria's entertainment hub are more or less right now in competition with one another for daring levels of indecency, and the fans, at least the ones that consume these contents online seem to be liking it.

The problem with this is that with time, creativity will be lost and views and/or sales will be based on uncreative indecent acts in a movie or music clip. This came to my realization when I noticed a movie which was produced by Nollywood in partnership with it's Ghanaian counterpart Ghallywood. The movie is titled "Greedy S*x" which amassed around 1,500,000 million Youtube views in less than a Month. More producers trying to attract more eyeballs are throwing away their God given movie making talent and creativity just to achieve the same amount of views.

I am in no way criticizing the indecency, I don't want to judge anyone on here, but I believe it is dwarfing the growth of the entertainment industry in many ways. Here is one example, cutting a movie trailer if you ask any experienced movie maker is surely one of the creative parts of making a successful movie. It does the important task of selling a movie to the audience, in Hollywood at least. Right now these producers highlight the most indecent parts of their movie as the trailer. Simple. No thought put in the process anymore, just a collection of indecent parts of the movie and BOOM!!! You have yourself a trailer.

Some movies may not be even indecent enough but the producers are forced to make the trailers look that way just so viewers flock to view and the numbers grow. The thumbs of the videos are made to look as *** as possible top attract clicks. I think if this continues this way, there will be no need for any real creativity in the entertainment industry as clips like the one below, even though totally decent and creative, attract hundreds of thousands of views for all the wrong reasons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rf4IvDTiF0M&feature=share&list=TLP1Dbk51G7UJINhR2TlPmvwcnxlScMvDV
Re: How Indecency Is Killing Creativity In Nollywood by aliyud: 11:50am On Sep 01, 2013
I wonder what kind of clips they'll shoot in the future.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Nkem Owoh Plays Custom Officer In New Nigerian Movie / Which Bond Is The Baddest? Graphic Shows How Many Kills, Women & Martini Each Ve / Did superman actually die??? :O

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.