Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,382 members, 7,954,548 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:52 PM

Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? (2235 Views)

Gov Willie Obiano's Legacy Projects In Awka photos / Willie Obiano Donates Gun-boats To Navy (photos) / Professor Umaru Garba Danbatta Appointed Chief Executive Of NCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Aug 31, 2013
Some mischief makers have decided to make a mountain out of a mole hill, boring us with tales and propaganda surrounding Chief Willie Obiano, the candidate of APGA in the forth coming Anambra guber polls, Peter Obi and Fidelity Bank.

For a moment, lets put aside emotions and sentiments and deal with the FACTS.

Willie Obiano won a FREE and FAIR APGA primary election with a total of 817 out of 1,072 votes cast with Mrs Uche Ekwunife coming second with 150 votes.

Other aspirants, Paul Odenigbo scored 49 votes, Emeka Nwogbo clinched 22 votes and John Nwosu scored 18 votes.

Peter Obi had only one vote. The other over 1,000 members of APGA that voted in that election are not idiots, neither are they robots, teleguided by Peter Obi. Each of the voters had a mind of their own and FREELY made their choices, notwithstanding what happened before the elections.

Again, the FACT that other aspirants garnered some votes also attests to the credibility of the election. Yes, some candidates were disqualified before the primary election proper, but that is also part of the intrigues of internal politics of APGA.

Yes Peter Obi and Obiano were former executives of Fidelity Bank, but other leaders of APGA like Chief Martin Agbaso, Bianca Ojukwu, Victor Umeh, Uche Ekwunife, Ojukwu Junior,etc were also part of the process and primary election that produced Obiano. None of the above names have links with Fidelity Bank.

Lets even stretch the arguement. How has the association of Peter Obi and Fidelity Bank hampered governance in Anambra in the last 7 years? As we speak, Anambra State is one of the least indebted states in Nigeria. This is happening when states like Lagos are swimming in DEBT. In the last 7 years, the govt of Anambra has executed several projects and projects after projects. We've not heard of abandoned projects or projects being stalled by lack of funds. This is happening when states like Lagos can hardly execute any project without seeking for World Bank loans or imposing tolls on helpless Lagosians. If that is what being linked with Fidelity Banks means, then maybe we need more people linked with Fidelity Bank in governance

3 Likes

Re: Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? by FreeGlobe(f): 3:34pm On Aug 31, 2013
People like you should be barred from opening threads. Focus on your GEJ laundry here. Anambra is the least indebted state, is that an achievement? Least indebted because state funds have been trapped in Peter Obi's fidelity bank for 8 years without any remarkable project on ground in the state. You mentioned the Lagos state debt profile while forgetting GEJ your master is borrowing funds each second so if that is your yardstick for failure so you also admit your master GEJ has failed. And mind you, Victor umeh was not part of that coronation. Anambra people have seen through the deception and greed of Peter Obi and we shall reject him and his party in November. As much as we hate Ngige right now, we will consider him over Apga

6 Likes

Re: Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 31, 2013
FreeGlobe: People like you should be barred from opening threads. Focus on your GEJ laundry here. Anambra is the least indebted state, is that an achievement? Least indebted because state funds have been trapped in Peter Obi's fidelity bank for 8 years without any remarkable project on ground in the state. You mentioned the Lagos state debt profile while forgetting GEJ your master is borrowing funds each second so if that is your yardstick for failure so you also admit your master GEJ has failed. And mind you, Victor umeh was not part of that coronation. Anambra people have seen through the deception and greed of Peter Obi and we shall reject him and his party in November. As much as we hate Ngige right now, we will consider him over Apga
By attempting to speak for others, rather than speak for yourself, you'r beginning to manifest granduer delusion, which is a MAJOR sign of schizophrenia, aka MADNESS. You have no right or powers to speak for Ndi Anambra. You can only speak for yourself.

The MADNESS is also pushing you to want to bar others from discussing certain issues on this forum. My dear, you have no such powers.

Anyway, I advice that you take it easy because many have GONE.

2 Likes

Re: Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? by Kingsley1000(m): 4:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
Stupid post at op...Anambra ppl re industrious,so don't give any credit of wot you see in d state to peterAda,he has done nofin nd evrybody knows.up NGIGE

2 Likes

Re: Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? by billante(m): 4:58pm On Aug 31, 2013
@sincere 9geria this one is going to be a hard sell for you! With the love and expectation we had for soludo and nonsense apga did to him! You are going to hav it rough with this topic!

For me, with d denying of soludo d opportunity to contest, am now absolutely neutral in d coming election! Anyhow they do am na dem sabi!

2 Likes

Re: Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Aug 31, 2013
billante: @sincere 9geria this one is going to be a hard sell for you! With the love and expectation we had for soludo and nonsense apga did to him! You are going to hav it rough with this topic!

For me, with d denying of soludo d opportunity to contest, am now absolutely neutral in d coming election! Anyhow they do am na dem sabi!
I'm not selling any candidate. I'm from Anambra and I'v decided to choose the lesser evil. My candidate was also Soludo but I cant raise my hand in helplessness because of his absence. The lesser evil, for me is Obiano. He's better than the two PDP candidates and Ngige. I have made my choice. You can make yours.

1 Like

Re: Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? by Zonacom(m): 5:55pm On Aug 31, 2013
billante: @sincere 9geria this one is going to be a hard sell for you! With the love and expectation we had for soludo and nonsense apga did to him! You are going to hav it rough with this topic!

You just said my mind bro. I lost interest in the elections the moment soludo was disqualified. Infact these politicians and their parties are not worthy of the smallest trust. As it stands now, i no send again, if dem like sef, make mbadinuju win the election. I no sure say i go even near any pollen booth dat day sef
Re: Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? by Nobody: 7:07pm On Aug 31, 2013
Zona.com:

You just said my mind bro. I lost interest in the elections the moment soludo was disqualified. Infact these politicians and their parties are not worthy of the smallest trust. As it stands now, i no send again, if dem like sef, make mbadinuju win the election. I no sure say i go even near any pollen booth dat day sef
My brother, that is not the best approach, except you'r not from the state. If you'r truely from the state, you'll make your choice from what is available. Anambra will not die in the absence of Soludo. You never can tell, even the Soludo we'r all clamouring for may disappoint you and I if given opportunity. I fully supported Rochas in 2011, but now if you ask me, I think he's a disappointment.
Re: Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? by kunle4toyeyaho: 9:24pm On Aug 31, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
By attempting to speak for others, rather than speak for yourself, you'r beginning to manifest granduer delusion, which is a MAJOR sign of schizophrenia, aka MADNESS. You have no right or powers to speak for Ndi Anambra. You can only speak for yourself.

The MADNESS is also pushing you to want to bar others from discussing certain issues on this forum. My dear, you have no such powers.

Anyway, I advice that you take it easy because many have GONE.
may the lord of grammar forgive u (amen)
Re: Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? by cjrane: 9:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
Only the mortally insane or a mischief maker that will say someone working for a bank he does not own,will take the state's money to enrich another man's business! So, if i am working for Shell, and i get a better job with Texaco, i will use Texaco's resources to enrich shell that i have already left? grin

However,I'm not surprised about such senseless rubbish being said about Willie Obiano. Just take a close look at those saying it! It is the same Yoruba people that pathologically hate Igbo and want Igbo to leave Lagos that are pushing for their traitor Ngige. A man that have demonstrated his unquestionable support for the mal-treatment and oppression of his people so long as he benefits politically from the oppressors.

Yes, the Yoruba people support for Ngige is borne out of a criminal desire to use him as a point man to siphon the Anambra resources which will be directed towards funding their Yoruba party. A party that has made it public that they are totally against every Igbo interest, but need Igbo money to fund anti-Igbo agenda!
Re: Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? by idumuose(m): 10:46pm On Aug 31, 2013
For me Ngige should go and rest.Let's try a new hand like
Obiano who at present has no blemish.Peter Obi has performed
creditably.So many people here on NL do not know how to
measure the indices for performance.As a senator Chris Ngige's
performance is questionable.What concrete development has Ngige
and Nnamdi Uba brought to Ananmbra state?Can someone tell us?
APC cannot fly in Anambra state!APC cannot fly in Anambra state!
I repeat,APC cannot fly in Anambra state.Bet me if Okorocha decides
to recontest under the banner of APC in Imo he will lose woefully.

1 Like

Re: Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? by gogochocolate: 11:11pm On Sep 05, 2013
Peter obi performed very well. He attracted multi billion naira sab miller to onitsha and the orient refinery. He has built roads and developed all sectors of the economy in the state. I live in anambra and i can say we have one the best road networks in the country.APGA made a mistake of giving new entrants from PDP senatorial tickets and it back fired. APGA should not repeat that mistake again. Soludo does not have a monotony of knowledge and new people with creative ideas should be allowed to run. Willie obiano will win by land slide
Re: Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? by IGBOSON1: 11:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
Zona.com:

^^^On bolded: Same here! I also lost interest and hope in Anambra state (politics and all) the day i learnt they'd tricked Soludo out of contention! All we're now left with are charlatans, semi-illiterates, nonentities, money-miss-roads, empty barrels, omatas, thieves, and stooges.....when they could have allowed all to present themselves to the electorate and leave the deciding for Anambrans to make!

Until they get the balls to insist on presenting their 'first best eleven', that state will continue to crawl when they could be running like Usain Bolt......not a curse!
Re: Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? by bushwailo: 11:42pm On Sep 05, 2013
cjrane: Only the mortally insane or a mischief maker that will say someone working for a bank he does not own,will take the state's money to enrich another man's business! So, if i am working for Shell, and i get a better job with Texaco, i will use Texaco's resources to enrich shell that i have already left? grin

However,I'm not surprised about such senseless rubbish being said about Willie Obiano. Just take a close look at those saying it! It is the same Yoruba people that pathologically hate Igbo and want Igbo to leave Lagos that are pushing for their traitor Ngige. A man that have demonstrated his unquestionable support for the mal-treatment and oppression of his people so long as he benefits politically from the oppressors.

Yes, the Yoruba people support for Ngige is borne out of a criminal desire to use him as a point man to siphon the Anambra resources which will be directed towards funding their Yoruba party. A party that has made it public that they are totally against every Igbo interest, but need Igbo money to fund anti-Igbo agenda!
People with your mentality should go and vote for APGA and Obiano.
You will vote for them even if they bring a goat.
The so called APGA goats who are hated by Yoruba want to move Anambra's cash to Fidelity Bank which has most of its branches and Headquarters in Lagos.
Its either your one of those in Anambra being deceived or your one of the lagos based MASSOB members like Obi and Obiano deceived others.

2 Likes

Re: Willie Obiano Was Former Top Executive Of Fidelity Bank, So What? by Ifebube: 4:00am On Nov 01, 2013
[quote author=gogo chocolate]Peter obi performed very well. He attracted multi billion naira sab miller to onitsha and the orient refinery. He has built roads and developed all sectors of the economy in the state. I live in anambra and i can say we have one the best road networks in the country.APGA made a mistake of giving new entrants from PDP senatorial tickets and it back fired. APGA should not repeat that mistake again. Soludo does not have a monotony of knowledge and new people with creative ideas should be allowed to run. Willie obiano will win by land slide.you are a liar..nonsense

(1) (Reply)

*Jonathan Holds Crisis Meetings In Aso Villa with Obasanjo and Rebel Governors** / 10 Barbaric Practices That Still Exist In Nigeria / Sanusi Dethrones Village Head For Getting High

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.