Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,229 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars (31342 Views)

Dream Cars Of Our Fathers From The Past. / Want Your Ride To Stand Out Amongst Others?..this Is For You!! / Scan Your Ride: 'MALFUNCTION INDICATOR (service/check Engine) Light Pops Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by mamba(m): 6:14pm On May 02, 2005
As usual with my style of starting threads, this one’s going to be preceded by a true story as well.

On Monday 22nd of April 2002, I was going to school in my Legzus, I got to the school gate and was surprised by the mammoth crowd waiting for taxi/okada to convey them into the school premises. I decided to join others because I was so tired and couldn’t afford to keep on trekking.

All of a sudden, a student just drove in with his tight Mercedes Benz E-class, I was lucky to be in front and quickly hustled for a rear passenger seat as other students also rushed in to get a lift. By the time the car doors were slammed shut, we were 4 at the back and 2 in front, including him making 7 of us, the guy started complaining that his car was overloaded and that someone should drop at the front.

The guy closer to the door decided to come down and we were all expecting him to move but he was still shaking his head and saying his car was still overloaded and that someone should drop at the back too. After much complaint, we all agreed that he should choose the person he wanted to evict and the guy looked into the rear view mirror and was like; my guy with the blue shirt, can you please drop?

I looked at myself, looked at the color of shirt I was wearing and also looked at the other 3 guys to confirm whether I was the one he was referring to. Boy I felt humiliated that day and almost committed suicide. I alighted immediately and decided to trek to the lecture hall as the E-class zoomed past me. To say the truth, that day I felt like committing suicide and I was like men, whatever; one day I’ll buy my own Benz and since then I’ve always dreamt about buying a Mercedes Benz.

To be realistic, I’ve decided to buy me a new car, not new but tokumbo and I’m counting on you guys here to help by advising on the best killer tokumbo vehicle out there that’s worth 450k or below. People have advised me to go for primera, mazda, lancer, e.g. But I just need peoples ideas.

So feel free to tell us about your dream ride and your current ride/baby, make, model and what you like/dislike about it.

Note: Other threads about how to economize fuel with your cell phone will be coming up soon plus tips on car maintenance and everything you need to know about your baby will be coming soon.

Cheers!

The Maybach Benz is my dream car sha! But I know that even if I sell everything I’ve ever owned since birth, I can never even afford the tire talk less of the car.

Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by axeprince(m): 6:38pm On May 02, 2005
dear mamba,

I am not much of a car freak, I am an Machine Freak , and I bet nobody would argue with me what I am talking abuot.

BMW.

I am sure you should be able to get a good 3 series at that price in Lagos.

All the best.And as to your story, God dey, keep heart.
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by Seun(m): 6:51pm On May 02, 2005
Your leg-zus isn't working too well for you? no problem, I'll send you my [i]leg[/i]edez Benz!
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by JustBlaze1(m): 8:17pm On May 02, 2005
Omo no vex, your time dey come...
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by mamba(m): 8:31pm On May 02, 2005
Omo I no vex o!

But haba
Where are the car owners in this forum?
I thought i would have been reading posts from guys and chicks talking about their Jeeps and exotic cars by now.
Is condition so critical?

Axeprince, I like Bmw but won't go for it, fuel prices are increasing like hell everyday and I don't wanna get bankrupt spending my last change on fueling a car that's gonna be drinking fuel like water.

Ranking so far
1- Axeprince- Machine/Okada

2- Mamba- leg-zus

3- Mr Admin- legedez Benz

Let's improve on this.....
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by JustBlaze1(m): 8:49pm On May 02, 2005
I didnt know if it was appropriate to wax lyrical after your not so nice experience...

I currently have 2 cars in my mini fleet. Honda accord coupe and Honda Civic, I like the japanese reliabilty jare. I had a renualt Laguna but sold it cause it had too much computerised gimmicks in it and the bloody car couldn't handle it.
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by mamba(m): 9:14pm On May 02, 2005
Guys and chicks, plzz go on and wax lyrical jare.
The experience was in the past and I've moved on since then.

Japanese cars are truly notable for their fuel economy and reliability.
I would have considered Honda accord 90's model but it's so expensive, I don't have 750k.
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by Nobody: 3:51am On May 03, 2005
just blaze by ur username I can see u're some Hip hop freak. absolutely cool with me. well in my family we have use quite a number of cars. but the one I rocked/had access to the most was a small toyota. one door car. not too flashy but I certainly did enjoy the mobility. but it's been sold now and man am I missing it. anyway my dream ride is..or used to be the peugeot 307. but let me get my first salary before I start going car owning crazy wink
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by axeprince(m): 5:26pm On May 03, 2005
hey mamba,

thanks for putting me on top of the rank, but i never meant Machine as in Okada...olodo.

I meant BMW is a machine, not a conventional car like Benz dem.

Just Blaze, keep on blazing, it's definitely your style.
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by dominobaby(f): 5:28pm On May 03, 2005
just guessing mamba, did that happen in Unilag?

well, I don't have a car of ma own but love to ride in my brother's  bullet(honda). sleek ride if you ask me. dream ride would either be a peoguot, toyota, or honda, and by the time i am ready to buy, finer models will be out.
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by c0dec(m): 7:13pm On May 03, 2005
i love bikes. never had one though. but hope to get a yamaha in future.

okadas on nitros

yeah!
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by mamba(m): 7:53pm On May 03, 2005
I thought as much that people will think it was in unilag, well it happened in UNEC.

Nice Domino, good to see a lady identifying here.

BTW, I have a junior brother in IUO that keeps complaining every time he comes home that popsie must give him a ride to take to school, Efizi/oppression was killing him in school cos you almost certainly can't get a girlfriend in that school if you don't have a ride that's tight, when I say tight I mean PIMPed up with DVDs, Mp3's, chrome and allow rims/wheels with spinners and not forgetting oye/Ac.
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by JustBlaze1(m): 12:38am On May 04, 2005
I'm a big car fan, my favorite is the CL 500, nice blend between performance and luxury.

I do tend to customize my cars when i get them, at the moment i have kenwood mp3 player installed in the front, a JBL subwooofer and amp that looks like an unused missile in the Iraq war and a 10 CD changer in the boot.

On the wheels side of things, a broke student like me cant afford chrome wheels or spinners for that matter so i just dey settle for normal alloys wheels. At least it's just 3" away from DUBS so it's not that bad... Since I'm on the road quite a bit and get lost quite a lot, i installed a sat navigation system and thats it as far as customization is concerned....

Shame some girls need to see material things before they give you some time, I'll say just leave em at the bus stop...
grin

Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by quicksilver(m): 12:55am On May 04, 2005
mamba ma dawg, its a matter of time. just try to wake up from that dream of that maybach.
what were u guys thinkin by squashing up in the poor boys popsies ride. if u guys had broken something am sure u would all run away.

i have an omega for sale anyway
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by mamba(m): 3:51pm On May 04, 2005
This is turning out to be the thread for the big boyzz on Nairaland

Just Blaze, keep on blazing man, that your ride is what I call tight
With the JBL subwoofer mennn! you're da man!!

quicksilver my man, imagine if something got broken? I bet we'll all run away as you said grin grin BTW, how much is your Omega going for?
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by whizkid(f): 11:09am On May 05, 2005
For me, a Jeep will do! To help solve the problems of bad roads and flood in Lagos wink.
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by mamba(m): 11:39am On May 05, 2005
Jeeps are cool, strong and durable.

BTW, I always thought H2 was indestructible until I saw this shocked shocked shocked

Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by dominobaby(f): 1:50pm On May 06, 2005
This thread reminds me of a joke, lol:
A young boy had just gotten his driving permit. He asked his father, who was
a minister, if they could discuss the use of the car. His father took him to
his study and said to him, "I'll make a deal with you. You bring your grades
up, study your bible a little and get your hair cut and we'll talk about
it."

After about a month the boy came back and again asked his father if they
could discuss use of the car. They again went to the father's study where
his father said, "Son, I've been real proud of you. You have brought your
grades up, you've studied your bible diligently, but you didn't get your
hair cut!"

The young man waited a moment and replied, "You know Dad, I've been thinking
about that. You know, Samson had long hair, Moses had long hair, Noah had
long hair, and even Jesus had long hair...."

To which his father replied...."Yes, and they WALKED everywhere they went!"

cry grin
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by JustBlaze1(m): 4:16pm On May 06, 2005
dominobaby:

To which his father replied...."Yes, and they WALKED everywhere they went!"

cry grin

Nice one...

Didn't Jesus ride on a donkey a couple times?

Thats a vehicle with 1BDP (Brake Donkey Power)
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by mamba(m): 8:03am On May 10, 2005
I'm getting my new ride today,

Mitsubishi Galant 94 model..
Saloon, padded, factory AC, ABS, power steering, cruise control, tinted glasses, alloy wheels and fully loaded smiley ....
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by Allenpowered(m): 8:00am On May 11, 2005
i feel for u bros...e no easy, u go buy toyota- i'm trying to paraphrase maintain boiz. grin
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by mamba(m): 11:48pm On May 18, 2005
I've had this car for a week now and menn, status dey change fast.
All the chicks in my estate are trying to identify with me already cos I now have my own ride. When I was walking on 2 they didn't see me, now I'm rolling on 4 and they now see me and like Hi mamba! what's up?

HABA NIJA CHICKS!!!
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by Seun(m): 1:50am On May 19, 2005
No mind dem; na poverty dey cause am.
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by Femi: 5:16pm On Jun 06, 2005
O boy me sef wey no know you before don identify with you now that the ride is here.

abeg make we trip go obudu hills joo

holla me
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by mamba(m): 10:57pm On Jun 11, 2005
Femi:

O boy me sef wey no know you before don identify with you now that the ride is here.

abeg make we trip go obudu hills joo

holla me
No wahala my brother, but make you bring your sister along......
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by Greatpeter(m): 11:13am On Jun 24, 2005
My dream of car has been Mercedece benz.
I love benz because it is durable and respectable.
Though it maintanance costly but you will enjoy it.
i currently use V-booth. Splendid!
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by Latoya(f): 2:06pm On Jul 28, 2005
My Dream cars are as follow:

ALFA ROMEO

FERRARI

SKYLINE

LAMBRAGINI

BMW(2series)

BENZ Eclass
and i luv power bikes
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by nike4luv(f): 2:24pm On Jul 28, 2005
my dream car..mhmm
Ferari smiley

Does anyone like LIMOS?
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by Latoya(f): 6:38am On Jul 29, 2005
limos r cool but it depends on the make and year..
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by Gold(m): 1:55pm On Jul 29, 2005
well now that you own a nice ride, what is your next move? cos' I got something small too last month and wish to know the next line of action.

the dream ride has been M/Benz 190 and am   cool
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by nike4luv(f): 2:15pm On Jul 29, 2005
i realy dun like limos..too big and flamboyant
Re: My Car, Your Ride and Our Dream Cars by Latoya(f): 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2005
That is the whole idea "big and flamboyant" wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honda Launches Nigerian Assembled HR-V SUV - Photos / With These Ideas, You Can Turn Your Old Cars Into Treasures / Types Of Vehicles And The Amount Of Fire Extinguisher(s) They Should Have – FRSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.