Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,128 members, 7,842,246 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention (30261 Views)

Metuh Has No Right To Announce Date Of PDP Convention — Okupe / PDP Senators Walk Out As Senate Confirms Amaechi As Minister (Photos) / PDP Convention: Live Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by Eledan: 10:36am On Sep 01, 2013
candiva2013: you need to think again if you think SE is minority. Forget about the past census that was manipulated for u guys just for political gains. Let me tell you, most people here don't even know the duties of a president hence they criticise GEJ, they are too ignorant to see the good works of GEJ, I don't blame them. The reason why most people criticise GEJ is because they are not happy that a s. southerner is the president, and they believe he is contesting again. This people believe that they supposed to be in power. If GEJ contests again, he will surely win, forget about your emotional permutations

You are the one guilty of "emotional permutations".. while also playing the ethnic card.

Show us how GEJ can win in 2015 if the current shape of event goes on as we approach 2015. Shikena...no emotional gibberish.
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by bappahman: 11:00am On Sep 01, 2013
The way things are going No One can say for sure who will win in 2015 or even if an election will hold
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by ichidodo: 11:08am On Sep 01, 2013
candiva2013: you need to think again if you think SE is minority. Forget about the past census that was manipulated for u guys just for political gains. Let me tell you, most people here don't even know the duties of a president hence they criticise GEJ, they are too ignorant to see the good works of GEJ, I don't blame them. The reason why most people criticise GEJ is because they are not happy that a s. southerner is the president, and they believe he is contesting again. This people believe that they supposed to be in power. If GEJ contests again, he will surely win, forget about your emotional permutations
As far GEJ gets a sizeable number of votes in Lagos and the 7 states, he will be President come 2015. All these noise here are the yorubas crying because gej is not from their place,Obj 's tenure was worse off and he was still relected
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by SirCee: 11:16am On Sep 01, 2013
G E J is in charge of Nigeria as a nation &
pdp as a political party and what ever that happens to any of them. He will be blamed for it. Leaders should be proactive & talk at the right time & not when it is late or start taking corrections. Pls let this light not quench in your hands, Nigerians are watching. Best of luck .
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by ShineIt: 11:18am On Sep 01, 2013
This is Buhari saying to Tinubu>>>>>Nigaaa pleasee

(Save this picture before the mods delete it).

2 Likes

Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by inquisitiv: 11:18am On Sep 01, 2013
Atiku is simply desperate. This is the reason why master strategist Obj dealt with him. Atiku is desperate and has led his group of desperados but the good thing is that it is a northern agenda. All the chants were hause chants. They want the presidency by all means. Now they should be stopped by all means. The presidency should bite and that bite must be deadly. Loyalty is a foreign to Atiku and I'm sure greed is also propelling him. They have played their cards too early and we have seen their penchant for sinking the ship.
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by LobsanRampa(m): 11:19am On Sep 01, 2013
chukwudi44: 2011

Official Nigerian Presidential Election Results

BAYELSA:
PDP 504 811
CPC 691

BENUE
PDP 658, 472
CPC 102171

ANAMBRA:
PDP 1, 145, 169
CPC 4, 223

KATSINA:
PDP 424, 587
CPC 1, 154, 000

KEBBI:
PDP 369, 198
CPC 501, 453

ABIA:
PDP 1, 175, 984
CPC 3, 743

EDO:
PDP 542, 173
CPC, 17, 795

JIGAWA:
PDP 414,000
CPC 663,063

KADUNA:
PDP 1, 190, 179
CPC 1, 334, 244

DELTA:
PDP 1, 368, 851
CPC 8, 960

EBONYI:
PDP 480, 592
CPC 1,025

ENUGU:
PDP 802, 144
CPC 3,753

FCT:
PDP 254, 444
CPC 131, 576

LAGOS:
PDP 1, 281, 688
CPC 189, 983

OYO:
PDP 484, 758
CPC 92, 396

RIVERS:
PDP 1, 817, 762
CPC 13, 182

KANO:
PDP 440, 656
CPC 1, 624, 543

SOKOTO:
PDP 309,057
CPC 540,769

KWARA:
PDP 268, 243
CPC 83, 603

ONDO:
PDP: 387,376
CPC: 11, 890

OGUN:
PDP: 309,177
CPC: 17,654

OSUN:
PDP: 188,409
CPC: 6,997

KOGI:
PDP: 399, 816
CPC: 132, 201

BAUCHI:
PDP 250, 840
CPC 1, 315, 205

AKWA IBOM:
PDP 1, 165, 629
CPC 148
But remember that APC=CPC+ACN+ANPP!!!

1 Like

Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by RtFNJ: 11:31am On Sep 01, 2013
gramci: Who's Atiku Abubakar?
I wonder
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by nickxtra(m): 11:49am On Sep 01, 2013
It is 'a family issue', they will settle it the family way. Up fidfi!
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by luvmijeje(f): 11:57am On Sep 01, 2013
Eledan:

It surely not looking pretty for him.....he has allowed all sorts of political jobbers and hawks that thrive and flourish in chaos to take over his Presidency.
Honestly, I don't understand how a person that has been a governor and currently a president could be caught so unaware. This is called political sucide, 7 governors! SMH.
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by candiva2013(m): 11:57am On Sep 01, 2013
Eledan:

You are the one guilty of "emotional permutations".. while also playing the ethnic card.

Show us how GEJ can win in 2015 if the current shape of event goes on as we approach 2015. Shikena...no emotional gibberish.
Lets wait and see, time will tell.
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by bappahman: 12:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
Pls does anyone believe Nigeria is on the right track nd that the government is ppl oriented or fighting corruption?
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by Rexmarysweet(m): 12:27pm On Sep 01, 2013
figment232: Clarke beg Amaechi? are u alright at all.Amaechi is a nonetity

If Governor Rotimi Chibuike Amaechi is a Nonentity, pls I really want to know, WHO IS YOUR FATHER?

1 Like

Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by Jman06(m): 12:38pm On Sep 01, 2013
Ur poor command of English has given u out as one who cannot make any reasonable judgement of the GEJ administration.
zeedof: you speaking one sided. You forgot its was people that put GEJ their and surely people can still remove him. From it inception GEJ resumed the office, it is that he is not a politician, him impersonal knows that his failing. Just that his going to run down PDP.. Well is good, to am tired of one party system, let allow other party to rule either PDM, I'd, APC, APGA me don't care but for PDP is enough
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by frankson12000(m): 12:43pm On Sep 01, 2013
please, i want to air my candid opinion, examine it before criticizing it.
1) who is Atiku and other governors that pulled out from PDP convention? is it not Atiku that was ruling with OBJ when they embezelled the funds mearnt for stablizing electric power in their regime, siphoning the country through operation feed the nation, and for their selfish interest of who becomes the next president almost jeopardize the country, the other governors what did they do for their states, in terms of poverty alleviation, youth empowerment,job creation, in Adamawa where i served noting is working no drinking water, road etc.
2) listen if not for the boko haram issue, which regime is better than the present regime in the country, we all know that after the election that we all believe to be atleast fair, some nigerians vow to make this country ungovernable and yet they want to rule us.
3) lets open our eyes and do the right thing according to our conscience when voting comes in so doing no gang of governors can do whatever they want with our votes.
4) why are they runing away from PDP now, maybe PDP is about to re write the old norms and tradition which will no longer be conducive for them and they want to form another party they will use to oppress the masses coninually.
5) Nigerians is it fair, lets rise up and rid ourselves of this continual recycling of selfish and unpatriotic leaders thanks to all in the house and God bless.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by karlmax2: 12:50pm On Sep 01, 2013
Lobsan Rampa:
But remember that APC=CPC+ACN+ANPP!!!
u can add what they scored to that of cpc. And dont forget there was low turnout in the sw... cos most of us didnt come out to vote after the governship elections
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by insideview: 1:04pm On Sep 01, 2013
bappahman: New PDP leadership

Firstly, its curious how many people equate internal realignments within the PDP with the scenario of a general election. The two are very different.

This "new PDP" faction has a curious character to its leadership.

Atiku has travelled this road before with results to show (not what he had hoped for)

Ameachi is of doubtful political capital to anyone.

The G5 govern states that electoral strategy dictate were never the incumbents' to win

Kwara state governor cannot even deliver his party in local elections (or maybe he tacitly conceded to APC). Besides his principal has questions regarding the demise of Societe Genrale Bank and looks likely to be engaged for the forseable future.

Startegically, they have showed their hand, and the cards i see do not look good. Trying to make the most of a bad situation i guess.

A point that gets overlooked is that state caucuses not loyal to thier respective renegade governors voted in the congresses (i stand to be corrected) and and such its fairly certain which "Faction" will be recognised by the electoral umpire.

Next week should be very interesting.

Maybe the whole point of the factionalisation is to set the grounds for decamping without consequence. (Cross carpet from a peaceful party and loose your position. But if the party is in crisis, then you're free to). I remains to be seen if the "walkout" will assume the toga of crisis.

1 Like

Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by softwareman(m): 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
luvmijeje:
Honestly, I don't understand how a person that has been a governor and currently a president could be caught so unaware. This is called political sucide, 7 governors! SMH.
In Nigerian political terms, it also means several senators , house of reps members, etc.

My observation is that the old PDP is now a minority in the senate and house of reps. The coalition of APC and the new PDP is now the majority..

Do not be surprised as more state chapters become factionalised in the coming days.

PDP R.I.P.
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by softwareman(m): 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
insideview:

This "new PDP" faction has a curious character to its leadership.

Atiku has travelled this road before with results to show (not what he had hoped for)

Ameachi is of doubtful political capital to anyone.

The G5 govern states that electoral strategy dictate were never the incumbents' to win

Kwara state governor cannot even deliver his party in local elections (or maybe he tacitly conceded to APC). Besides his principal has questions regarding the demise of Societe Genrale Bank and looks likely to be engaged for the forseable future.

Startegically, they have showed their hand, and the cards i see do not look good. Trying to make the most of a bad situation i guess.

A point that gets overlooked is that state caucuses not loyal to thier respective renegade governors voted in the congresses (i stand to be corrected) and and such its fairly certain which "Faction" will be recognised by the electoral umpire.

Next week should be very interesting.

Maybe the whole point of the factionalisation is to set the grounds for decamping without consequence. (Cross carpet from a peaceful party and loose your position. But if the party is in crisis, then you're free to). I remains to be seen if the "walkout" will assume the toga of crisis.
At least you got the point. PDP is now factionalised, so any elected officer under PDP can now decamp with justification.
These are interesting times indeed.
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
software man:
In Nigerian political terms, it also means several senators , house of reps members, etc.

My observation is that the old PDP is now a minority in the senate and house of reps. The coalition of APC and the new PDP is now the majority..

Do not be surprised as more state chapters become factionalised in the coming days.

PDP R.I.P.

Continue dreaming!!! I wait for an APC senate president!!

1 Like

Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by ShineIt: 1:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
karl max: u can add what they scored to that of cpc. And dont forget there was low turnout in the sw... cos most of us didnt come out to vote after the governship elections

Jonnyboy still won regardless, same thing would happen in 2015.
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by softwareman(m): 1:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
chukwudi44: 2011

Official Nigerian Presidential Election Results

BAYELSA:
PDP 504 811
CPC 691

BENUE
PDP 658, 472
CPC 102171

ANAMBRA:
PDP 1, 145, 169
CPC 4, 223

KATSINA:
PDP 424, 587
CPC 1, 154, 000

KEBBI:
PDP 369, 198
CPC 501, 453

ABIA:
PDP 1, 175, 984
CPC 3, 743

EDO:
PDP 542, 173
CPC, 17, 795

JIGAWA:
PDP 414,000
CPC 663,063

KADUNA:
PDP 1, 190, 179
CPC 1, 334, 244

DELTA:
PDP 1, 368, 851
CPC 8, 960

EBONYI:
PDP 480, 592
CPC 1,025

ENUGU:
PDP 802, 144
CPC 3,753

FCT:
PDP 254, 444
CPC 131, 576

LAGOS:
PDP 1, 281, 688
CPC 189, 983

OYO:
PDP 484, 758
CPC 92, 396

RIVERS:
PDP 1, 817, 762
CPC 13, 182

KANO:
PDP 440, 656
CPC 1, 624, 543

SOKOTO:
PDP 309,057
CPC 540,769

KWARA:
PDP 268, 243
CPC 83, 603

ONDO:
PDP: 387,376
CPC: 11, 890

OGUN:
PDP: 309,177
CPC: 17,654

OSUN:
PDP: 188,409
CPC: 6,997

KOGI:
PDP: 399, 816
CPC: 132, 201

BAUCHI:
PDP 250, 840
CPC 1, 315, 205

AKWA IBOM:
PDP 1, 165, 629
CPC 148
You keep quoting these fake figures from the east where there was a supposed 100 % turn out of registered voters.

Take abia state for example, the total number of votes cast in the governorship election was approx 700, 000 representing about 50% turn out of registered voters whereas in the presidential election Jonathan scored approx 1.4m votes. That represents about 99.9 % turn out.!

that is just one example of the fraud that took place all over the south east in the 2011 presidential election..
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by JosMon(m): 1:49pm On Sep 01, 2013
God knows the best
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by KDULAR: 2:04pm On Sep 01, 2013
Expect some new juicy appointments and contracts soon.
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by chakpe: 2:49pm On Sep 01, 2013
software man:
you aremaking a big mistake. like most of Jonathan's you seemsto be banking on the religious divide card.

I livein the north and have done my research, believe me, you in for a very big shock!

Before you realise that you are the one making nonsensical permutations , Jonathan will be out of govt.

As for Lagos, you are talking to someone thatunderstand Lagos politics very well. So I will wager you:

if Jonathan wins Lagos, I will relocate with my family to cotonou. please bookmark this and take me up on it then.
And who cares even if you relocate to Syria? Say that to yourself and family,please. l pray your lugubriousness come 2015 would allow you to relocate accordingly.
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by Nobody: 3:18pm On Sep 01, 2013
Atiku atiku atiku u can never be president in this country ever again...give. Up naaa...they'v walkd out a long time ago they just made it dramatic to get attention...btw its not the governors that will vote nw its still d ppl...abegiii
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by Nobody: 4:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
software man:
You keep quoting these fake figures from the east where there was a supposed 100 % turn out of registered voters.

Take abia state for example, the total number of votes cast in the governorship election was approx 700, 000 representing about 50% turn out of registered voters whereas in the presidential election Jonathan scored approx 1.4m votes. That represents about 99.9 % turn out.!

that is just one example of the fraud that took place all over the south east in the 2011 presidential election..

If that is what you think,what are you doing to prevent a reoccurrence?

Whether you like it or not GEJ ll rule till 2019
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by newtoneni(m): 4:55pm On Sep 01, 2013
onomeasike: Jonathan would be disgraced by these people. If he goes for primaries, he would lose so he is trying to force pdp to give him automatic ticket. He should start working on plan B.his traducers will wreck pdp at night but in the day, they will shout sai jonathan.Clark should start begging amaechi.presidential election minus rivers, Lagos, kano,sokoto,whole of south west and potentially anambra etc is political death knell for Jonathan. It's as if it is settled that he won't rule beyond 2015. undecided
You are political naive Gov. Amaechi will fail woe fully in his ward not to talk about wining in Rivers State
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by gramci: 4:56pm On Sep 01, 2013
REZOLUTE: Na ur grand fada....urde like U
cheesy
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by bappahman: 5:46pm On Sep 01, 2013
He said members of the Nasarawa state
PDP Concern group led by former
governor, Abdullahi Adamu, will key into
the faction of the party led by Mr. Abubakar
and eight serving governors.
When contacted Mr. Adamu, a serving
senator, confirmed his membership of the
Atiku-led group.
Mr. Adamu said the formation of the group
was to revive the party and bring about
cordiality and strengthened democratic
norms in line with accepted practice that
will bring the people closer to their political
fate.
The new faction emerged on Sunday at the
party’s special convention in Abuja. The
former vice president is the most senior
member of the group that has a former
acting chairman of the broad party,
Abubakar Baraje, as chairman.
The group said they now represent the
legitimate PDP and accused the Bamanga
Tukur-led party of violating party rules and
hijacking the party.
Mr. Iliyasu said as members of the original
party, they will strive to ensure sanity in the
party and called on members to be law
abiding for the party and the country to
move forward.
Also speaking, a former House of
Representatives member, Ahmed Wada,
representing Keffi – Karu – Kokona,
confirmed his acceptance of the new
leadership and promised to ensure that the
party moves with the people.
Mr. Wada, who is a member of the concern
group, said their leader, Mr. Adamu and
teaming members of the group have
accepted the new National leadership of
party and will work together assiduously to
remove the party from the shackle of
bondage.
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by bappahman: 8:02pm On Sep 01, 2013
bappahman: Pls does anyone believe Nigeria is on the right track nd that the government is ppl oriented or fighting corruption?
Re: Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention by frankson12000(m): 9:01pm On Sep 01, 2013
please, i want to air my candid opinion, examine it before criticizing it.
1) who is Atiku and other governors that pulled out from PDP convention? is it not Atiku that was ruling with OBJ when they embezelled the funds meant for stablizing electric power in their regime, siphoning the country through operation feed the nation, and for their selfish interest of who becomes the next president almost jeopardize the country, the other governors what did they do for their states, in terms of poverty alleviation, youth empowerment,job creation, in Adamawa where i served noting is working no drinking water, road etc.
2) listen if not for the boko haram issue, which regime is better than the present regime in the country, we all know that after the election that we all believe to be atleast fair, some nigerians vow to make this country ungovernable and yet they want to rule us.
3) lets open our eyes and do the right thing according to our conscience when voting comes in so doing no gang of governors can do whatever they want with our votes.
4) why are they runing away from PDP now, maybe PDP is about to re write the old norms and tradition which will no longer be conducive for them and they want to form another party they will use to oppress the masses coninually.
5) Nigerians is it fair, lets rise up and rid ourselves of this continual recycling of selfish and unpatriotic leaders thanks to all in the house and God bless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Obasanjo’s Refusal To Endorse Buhari Troubles APC / Tinubu: Bode George Free To Relocate To Bayelsa (video) / Shonekan’s Death: Daughter Debunk Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.