Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,181 members, 7,835,935 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction (18495 Views)

Seven Governors Shun PDP Governors’ Forum Meeting In Bayelsa / NTA Refuses Reporting Atiku, Seven Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention / PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku, Baraje, Others Form New Faction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by nerodenero: 7:16am On Sep 01, 2013
rozayx5: All i see here is people taking medicine over another man headache

Come 2015, PDP will still beat APC hands downs and the court cases will follow for a year and be striked out undecided

while you argue here, they wine and dine in Aso Rock, have you eaten
Now I am beginning to believe the prophesies of some of these pastors when they said PDP will become history very soon.I think the end is near for PDP than ever before.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 7:19am On Sep 01, 2013
Gbam...

But that's because this is Nigeria where mediocrity reign supreme...
rozayx5: All i see here is people taking medicine over another man headache

Come 2015, PDP will still beat APC hands downs and the court cases will follow for a year and be striked out undecided

while you argue here, they wine and dine in Aso Rock, have you eaten
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 01, 2013
That would be after 2015 after GEJ's reign.

Don't believe your pastor's vision just yet. Their vision would have come to reality so swiftly, but the clueless Nigerians won't make that happen because their souls have been bought... Yes!
nerodenero: Now I am beginning to believe the prophesies of some of these pastors when they said PDP will become history very soon.I think the end is near for PDP than ever before.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by THEJOURNALIST: 7:25am On Sep 01, 2013
As a die-hard WWE fan, I learnt one thing from Vince Mcmahon himself......''No one man is bigger than this business''

If this notion is anytin to go by here in Nigerian politics, I will like to agree with Vince that NO ONE MAN IS BIGGER THAN PDP, NO ONE MAN IS BIGGER THAN NIGERIA.........

All these crises both in PDP and Nigeria as a whole since 2011 is as a result of one man! To be honest this one man has broken no law in his assention to power, the people voted him and the people are still ready to vote him again! This has come wit a steep prize, thousands have lost their lives as a result of this, millions are currently suffering because of this ''ONE MAN''

This man's ''LUCK'' have brought ill-luck to unity in PDP, soon the long predicted extinction of the Nigerian state will happen because of this one man!

The question is, is this one man now bigger than PDP or Nigeria? Thanks to Vince Mcmahon I don't agree with that.

Instead of us keep sacrificing our lives, peace and unity just to keep this one man in power, I suggest we sacrifice this one man to safe our democracy, to save our great party, to save our great nation! because NO ONE MAN IS BIGGER THAN ALLL OF THESE!
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by ibro360(m): 7:40am On Sep 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Fear fear governors. I thought they would have been bold enough to walk out of the party and join APC or form another party. But in the end, fear no gree dem. What they've simply done is just like a lady or child crying just to be noticed. It doesn't make any sense.

Meanwhile, I hate to say this but it is clear that all these are happening simply because GEJ, the leader of PDP, is from minority tribe. Sometimes, I wonder what would have happened to GEJ by now if not that atleast the Igbos have stood by him. This president has not committed any sin, except his tribe. If anything, atleast, this is the first time we'r having purposeful leadership in this country. While OBJ ran the opposition out of business and Yar Adua rigged the only major election (Ekiti re-run) he supervised in favour of PDP, GEJ has allowed free and fair elections, thereby increasing the political control of the opposition, in terms number of states and legislative seats between 2010 and now. But what does GEJ get in return, its attacks, attacks and more attacks. Very very unfortunate indeed.
he who eats alone shall die alone.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by nafiachi(m): 8:05am On Sep 01, 2013
taharqa: What is it if not a clear disdain of a Minority by a 'Na we get Nigeria' section of a country. Is it a coincidence that 6 of d States above are from d North?? The same region that hv bn giving d President all kind of distractions even b4 he was voted in? Or are you telling me they are doing it for altruitic reasons? ..... That, and of course d Personal Interests of d Personae Dramatis (Atiku, Kwankwaso, Babangida, Lamido, Saraki, et al), who all desperately want to be President

So when pdp as a party does its rubbish that automatically represents the opinion of every Northerner, Right?!
Pls let's seperate the evil works of the PDP and its members from others.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by MacLovington(m): 8:06am On Sep 01, 2013
So as their Boko Haram is failing to set the country ablaze as they wanted, they are now trying to destabilise the country by any means. Let them go and form Boko Republic and make Yerima their Child Bride Minister. Amaechi can go with them, he can even take his stolen money along.

Oh oil will not let them go, lazy idiots.

GEJ is by no means the best Nigeria can produce. In fact GEJ, OBJ, Yar'Adua not to mention the military buffoons we've had the great misfortune to have as leaders would not be trusted with Local govt chairmanship in saner climes.

But proper leaders like Awo, Zik, Ige, Ekueme, Falae, Amino Kano, Rimi and so on were never allowed to rule and anybody if from a majority tribe (except SE) was deemed good enough, so why is GEJ not good enough in a country that promotes mediocrity? It can only be because he's from SS and is affiliated to SE.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Solarpower(m): 8:09am On Sep 01, 2013
Senator James: Does that means issue of multiple faction producing multiple flag bearer has risen to national level in PDP? I'm waiting to hear the date of their own convention
bros abeg chop knucle! cool
Senator James: Does that means issue of multiple faction producing multiple flag bearer has risen to national level in PDP? I'm waiting to hear the date of their own convention
bros abeg chop knucle!
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Dopestfiend: 8:22am On Sep 01, 2013
Peeedeeeepeee is dead and its gone to its grave.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Caseless: 9:20am On Sep 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Fear fear governors. I thought they would have been bold enough to walk out of the party and join APC or form another party. But in the end, fear no gree dem. What they've simply done is just like a lady or child crying just to be noticed. It doesn't make any sense.

Meanwhile, I hate to say this but it is clear that all these are happening simply because GEJ, the leader of PDP, is from minority tribe. Sometimes, I wonder what would have happened to GEJ by now if not that atleast the Igbos have stood by him. This president has not committed any sin, except his tribe. If anything, atleast, this is the first time we'r having purposeful leadership in this country. While OBJ ran the opposition out of business and Yar Adua rigged the only major election (Ekiti re-run) he supervised in favour of PDP, GEJ has allowed free and fair elections, thereby increasing the political control of the opposition, in terms number of states and legislative seats between 2010 and now. But what does GEJ get in return, its attacks, attacks and more attacks. Very very unfortunate indeed.
and u think u made so much sense by 'tribalising' the whole issue by bringing his tribe into this? the words in bold flays nothing but flatulence. and u are going to tell me when ahmadu bello, tafawa balewa and other yoruba leaders killed in that coup suffered that fate because they belong to d majority(yoruba and hausa).

i now see that for people like u, who tilt any national issue to ethnicity, nigeria will forever keep sinking...God forbid.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by NnamdiCheges(m): 9:21am On Sep 01, 2013
U mind dem? Evry one wan go where him go remain relevant.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by millionaireman: 9:43am On Sep 01, 2013
RoblesOg: Nigeria's salvation is here finally

Nigeria’s ruling Peoples Democratic Party has finally officially split into at least two factions.

A new faction, consisting of seven of the party’s 23 governors has announced that it has taken over the party.
At a press briefing in Abuja, Bala Kaoje, a former sports minister, was announced as the leader of the new faction of the party.

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/143906-pdp-splits-seven-governors-oyinlola-atiku-members-of-new-faction.html

You are celebrating what may amount to possible political enslavement in the future. Ango Abdulahi has already told you that his group could retain political power as long as it wanted. Nigeria's democracy is still very fragile. A born to rule group is what Atiku and Co represent. The group wants political power by itself and by all means. Atiku did what he has done now to OBJ. His mission then, as is now, is to return power to his core north. Unless you are of Atiku camp, you have nothing to celebrate. Atiku and Co. shall soon be neutralized by reasonable Nigerians.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by MARSHALLMVP: 9:48am On Sep 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Dont mind the clowns. All they do is play the ethnic card and then tell us not to mention it to their face. Would six northern governors have formed a factional PDP if a Yar Adua was still in Aso Rock? If you now add a factional PDP to the problem of Boko Haram then you'll begin to wonder if the president even sleeps at night.
You mean the only reason why the southern PDP governors didn't join the new faction is because the president is from the south? However you want to look at it, its ethnic call..
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by theoctopus: 9:52am On Sep 01, 2013
Crassus:

you people like to pull statistics out of your Anus. how can the southwest be 40% non Yoruba? Where did you get this information?
are you saying The whole of southwest relatively has more settlers than indigenes?
Because u lived in Lagos and counted the agberos that are not yorubas, does that means lagos is 60% non-yoruba?

I specifically used the agbero as example to show you that even the lower class that forms the larger population are still largely non Yoruba. Again I ask. Which major area in Lagos is dominated by the Yoruba?

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by ShineIt: 10:17am On Sep 01, 2013
I see the Yorubas are happy now, thinking power is actually going to go their slave masters in the north, got something for you mo'fvckers.

You will never rule this country again, repeat, you will never rule Nigeria again. If in doubt ask Awolowo.

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Kingspin(m): 10:20am On Sep 01, 2013
seanet02: . Stop playing the ethnic card
Where una dey on June 12 when all Nigeria including the SE/SW voting for late Abiola. We agree u guys love enthnicity more than food..what happen to common sense of equal right, freedom and justice.Wisdom is far better than newspapers. Playing the game of more values, morale and principles is healthy.

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by CongressIsrael: 10:53am On Sep 01, 2013
There would not be any other democratically elected President in Nigeria other than Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan come 2015-2019.This is a prophetic message, take it or leave it,the choice is not of man but of God Almighty,for what God has written, he has written and no being can change it.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by 2ndChance: 11:06am On Sep 01, 2013

You are an ethnic bigot.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by ShineIt: 11:14am On Sep 01, 2013
You all wanted it, here you go.

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Femolacaster(m): 11:17am On Sep 01, 2013
Shine It: I see the Yorubas are happy now, thinking power is actually going to go their slave masters in the north, got something for you mo'fvckers.

You will never rule this country again, repeat, you will never rule Nigeria again. If in doubt ask Awolowo.
Pls dont derail this thread with tribal issues. So because yorubas are supporting somebody from north is your main reason for attacking them. Didn't yorubas vote massively for jonathan in 2011? Then what are you saying?
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by inquisitiv: 11:24am On Sep 01, 2013
Atiku is simply desperate. This is the reason why master strategist Obj dealt with him. Atiku is desperate and has led his group of desperados but the good thing is that it is a northern agenda. All the chants were hause chants. They want the presidency by all means. Now they should be stopped by all means. The presidency should bite and that bite must be deadly. Loyalty is a foreign to Atiku and I'm sure greed is also propelling him. They have played their cards too early and we have seen their penchant for sinking the ship.

1 Like

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by apostle007(m): 11:25am On Sep 01, 2013
Billyonaire: The 7 Governors are confused than Atiku, that is leading them blindly. After making clandestine move to register the PDM, they knew they can not declare for PDM voluntarily without losing their mandates and governorship seats, so they are looking for a way to be dismissed from the PDP so they can declare for PDM without losing their mandates. That's a smart move.

Now, PDP has to fashion out how to give them heat enough to make them defect voluntarily and lose their mandates and Governorship in time.

I suggest that Atiku and the Governors be suspended NOT dismissed from PDP immediately for anti-party activities and court injunction obtained that bars them from bearing PDP banners, logo etc until the case is resolved. That be protract till 2016.

Your suggestion to suspend the 7 governors may be effective for now, but such reasoning is not strategic for PDP.

I wonder why we don't look at the long-term consequence of our actions in this country? we could be more elegant in our decision making. You see, it is easy to use political power to cow the opposition, which we have been doing since independence. But what have we to show for it? "Wetie" in the old Western region, civil war, incessant coups, political unrest, Boko Haram, MEND, MASSOB,OPC, ASUU strikes...

A strong sovereign is not necessarily the most powerful. A sovereign is strong when he enjoys the consent of those he leads.

2 Likes

Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by luvinhubby(m): 12:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
WETIN CONCERN VULTURE WITH BARBER.
This is school fees month, na im worry me pass.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
[quote
author=chukwudi44]All this one na just initial gragra.All it takes is
just to get INEC to continue to recognise bamagar tukur as chairman and
everything else will pale into insignificance.[/quote] the northern are using their own hand to dig their grave. no body should blame America for the prediction of Nigeria brake up come 2015. let watch and see as things unfold.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 1:43pm On Sep 01, 2013
[quote
author=caseless]and u think u made so much sense by 'tribalising' the
whole issue by bringing his tribe into this? the words in bold flays
nothing but flatulence. and u are going to tell me when ahmadu bello,
tafawa balewa and other yoruba leaders killed in that coup suffered that
fate because they belong to d majority(yoruba and hausa).

i now see that for people like u, who tilt any national issue to
ethnicity, nigeria will forever keep sinking...God forbid. [/quote] what ur born to rule governor are doing will not Nigeria, is what a naira lander is say that will sink it? i always say a fowl that peaches on a rope should be reading to dance with d rope.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by soloyes(m): 1:47pm On Sep 01, 2013
chukwudi44: All this one na just initial gragra.All it takes is just to get INEC to continue to recognise bamagar tukur as chairman and everything else will pale into insignificance.
Which INEC? U mean the same one he (Tukur) and his sympathizers said cannot decide who will be the anambra state chairman of the party nor decide who will be the party's governorship flag bearer?
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by Nobody: 1:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
[quote
author=THE JOURNALIST]As a die-hard WWE fan, I learnt one thing from
Vince Mcmahon himself......''No one man is bigger than this business''

If this notion is anytin to go by here in Nigerian politics, I will like
to agree with Vince that NO ONE MAN IS BIGGER THAN PDP, NO ONE MAN IS
BIGGER THAN NIGERIA.........

All these crises both in PDP and Nigeria as a whole since 2011 is as a
result of one man! To be honest this one man has broken no law in his
assention to power, the people voted him and the people are still ready
to vote him again! This has come wit a steep prize, thousands have lost
their lives as a result of this, millions are currently suffering because
of this ''ONE MAN''

This man's ''LUCK'' have brought ill-luck to unity in PDP, soon the long
predicted extinction of the Nigerian state will happen because of this
one man!

The question is, is this one man now bigger than PDP or Nigeria? Thanks
to Vince Mcmahon I don't agree with that.

Instead of us keep sacrificing our lives, peace and unity just to keep
this one man in power, I suggest we sacrifice this one man to safe our
democracy, to save our great party, to save our great nation! because NO
ONE MAN IS BIGGER THAN ALLL OF THESE![/quote] i declare that your mouth and your hand you use in typing this rubbish begin to paralyze now!!!
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by soloyes(m): 1:57pm On Sep 01, 2013
atlwireles:

If what is going on today is not the politics of the ethnic card, I wonder what, we should call it. Maybe,this just the precursor to our 2015 split. The country is now pretty split alone ethnic lines.
What is ethnic about it when he (Jonathan) himself is fighting somebody from the same region with him -Amaechi? Will you call that ethnic card too? How about the recognition of the anambra state chapter of the party's chairman that INEC doestn't? Let's think rationally and put away sentiments.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by soloyes(m): 2:09pm On Sep 01, 2013
taharqa: What is it if not a clear disdain of a Minority by a 'Na we get Nigeria' section of a country. Is it a coincidence that 6 of d States above are from d North?? The same region that hv bn giving d President all kind of distractions even b4 he was voted in? Or are you telling me they are doing it for altruitic reasons? ..... That, and of course d Personal Interests of d Personae Dramatis (Atiku, Kwankwaso, Babangida, Lamido, Saraki, et al), who all desperately want to be President
Why must we always tribalise ethnicise, regionalise, religionise and familiarise everything? What is ethnic about it when he (Jonathan) himself is fighting somebody from the same region with him -Amaechi? Will you call that ethnic card too? How about the recognition of the anambra state chapter of the party's chairman that INEC doestn't and the acceptance of the convention and governorship candidate by a chairman that INEC doesn't consider authentic? While not counter the claims they have made rather than put forth a blind and dumb arguement? Mchewwwwww!!...
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by softwareman(m): 2:21pm On Sep 01, 2013

I wish some of you realises how damaging this ethnic card is to jomathan. The more you play it, the more counterproductive it becomes.

All this is happening within PDP where he is supposed to the leader, but because of his desperation for 2015, he has lost and will lose more a big chunk of his party.

opposition parties have always known that Jonathan is an unserious kindergarten president. Now more and more people in PDP are realising this and bailing out of the leaking umbrella!

Put the blame where it lies: Jonathan goodluck.
his ethnicity has nothing to do with of.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by soloyes(m): 2:25pm On Sep 01, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Nonsense! There's nothing new in the watery press release. They want to control the structure of the party at the national level and disgrace the president. But so far they'v failed on all fronts.

These governors control their states hundred percent but they do not want to respect the president's right to control the party at the national level
For goodness sake this your dumbness and Jonathans' asslicking is begining to annoy me.
Re: PDP Splits: Seven Governors, Oyinlola, Atiku Members Of New Faction by solapex: 2:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
I just laugh reading some pple post on this nairaland. Some pple have brain but they can not reason. I'm now seeing reasons why nigerian graduates are not employable. If the young ones can not put their brain to work I'm wondering what the future hold for this country. All What is happening on nairaland have shown that nairaland maybe one of the tools the western world are using to disintegrate the country. 2015 will be very interesting. I can't wait to see what would happen. Some Pple will be disappointed.

In 2011, the majority of nigerians voted massively for a president. They knew why voted for him. And if the same president would be re-elected, it should be by the same majority and not by any section of the country. If part of those that voted for him in 2011 chose not to for in 2015, so be it. I tink they knw the reason why they don't want to vote for him again. "The reason" is what the president should find out and try to fill the space intead of palying politics that will not favour him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fulfilling My Campaign Promises Will Not Be An Easy Task – Buhari / No Ransom Paid For The Release Of Dapchi Schoolgirls – FG / Samuel Akintola's 110th Posthumous Birthday Is Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.