Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,869 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Why Do The Police Strip You Before Placing You In A Cell? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do The Police Strip You Before Placing You In A Cell? (606 Views)

Presidency Denies Placing Tinubu Under Security Watch / Buhari’s 100 Days: Placing Nigeria On The Firm Path To Recovery – Bola Tinubu / Crisis Brews As Dogara Moves To Strip Lasun Of Powers: Nation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do The Police Strip You Before Placing You In A Cell? by Revealedtv(m): 8:06pm On Aug 31, 2013
My dear people, I was passing in front of the Festac police station today and i noticed a "detainee" pleading his case (it seemed) with some policemen in front of the station. Well the thing that struck my attention was that he was in boxers. And then the question was posed "Why do the Nigerian Police strip you down to your pants before they put you in cell?" why dont they, for all intent and purposes, search you and then place you in the cell? The phenomenon is the same for all sorts of crime: whether you are a suspect, innocent or guilt. A night in the cell often means you are going to be stripped. A friend of mine suggested that it was because policemen are simply inhumane people who just want to see you suffer knowing that mosquito will feast on you better with clothes off. Is this the way it is done in other parts of the world? What do you think?
Re: Why Do The Police Strip You Before Placing You In A Cell? by ba7man(m): 8:09pm On Aug 31, 2013
I once asked one of them and he said its to prevent violent suspects from turning their item of clothings into weapons to attack other inmates or to hang themselves in the case of suicide.
Re: Why Do The Police Strip You Before Placing You In A Cell? by Revealedtv(m): 8:17pm On Aug 31, 2013
Wow. So is it legal?And lets not also forget that any money found on you at that time na sara...Plus as you are entering the cell, the presido will already be informing you to hold your inmate levy or tax that is even though they can all clearly see that you have been stripped....its a jungle out there. Prisoners really have no rights in Naija
Re: Why Do The Police Strip You Before Placing You In A Cell? by Dubby6(m): 10:17pm On Aug 31, 2013
last time I was arrested without being stripped, I vanished grin
Hope I have categorically answered or question
Re: Why Do The Police Strip You Before Placing You In A Cell? by Maidoki14(m): 10:28pm On Aug 31, 2013
Police can neva be ma frnd.

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Was Not Designed For Poor And Middle Class Citizens – Minister / Boko Haram Killed My Dream / 400 Passengers Escape Death As Jet Makes Emergency Landing In Sokoto After Tyres

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.