Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,368 members, 7,954,493 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:23 PM

Please, What Do You Call Omugwo In English Language? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please, What Do You Call Omugwo In English Language? (22161 Views)

Child Visiting(omugwo):why My Mother-in-law Refuses To Come / Gifts For Mother In Law After Omugwo. / Can I Perform My Omugwo Myself? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, What Do You Call Omugwo In English Language? by Oizee(f): 8:53pm On Feb 15, 2021
hynex79:
i think its 'child bearing'..
lol....and the act of giving birth nko?
Re: Please, What Do You Call Omugwo In English Language? by Freemasonry: 10:09pm On Feb 15, 2021
Jesslove:
Postpartum care
I like your idea, but I think it would be even better like this:

Postpartum Maternal care
Or
Post-delivery maternal care.

Methinks that maternal is somehow important.
Re: Please, What Do You Call Omugwo In English Language? by mrblessed(m): 9:03am On Feb 16, 2021
Must there be an English equivalent of the word? Words are products of culture, and they exist to perform sociolinguistic functions. That is why words that don't perform this role either fall into disuse and become clichés, or completely become extinct. Since the white man don't have such cultural practice, any direct translation of the word in English language will produce the most unintended, distorted, and vague meaning of the word.
Re: Please, What Do You Call Omugwo In English Language? by LUCKYCHIDUBEM(m): 5:49pm On Jul 03, 2023
postpartum care

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Average Nigerian Man Is A Hypocrite / If Your Wife Does Not Call You Lord But Calls Her Pastor Daddy, Send Her Back / How To Handle Husband That Eats Out When There's A Misunderstanding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.