Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,761 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Am Getting Married......yea! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Am Getting Married......yea! (6846 Views)

I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married / I Am Getting Tired Of My Long Distance Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 1:55am On Sep 02, 2013
Av waited a long while for this special moment smiley... I didn't presume or imagine , it will be this year cheesy....I bumped into one of my ex, one lovely morning i was about to head to the bank , but this time i decided to take Okada instead of driving down, just want to feel the cool natural breeze touching my face, as the okada man drives off... in the process of waiting for bike, someone called my name , i looked at the direction, i saw a white massive jeep with tinted glass, the glass slides down , and wow, my ex is the one driving , looking so confident , cool, with all smiles, beckoning on me to come. i was like wow! i walked across the road, hopped in, and i was like, what happend to you? youve changed smiley... he smiled and said its God ooo.... i was like, hmmm nice one...he told me the biz he is into, we talked for a while, then .he dropped me off at the bank, we exchanged numbers again. fixed a date for an outing... on our date, we talked about the past, and our mistakes, especially mine sad.... i apologised... he said its ok, he understands, and that he tried getting engaged when i left , but the engagement didnt work out, everything was just so wrong and he was always comparing me , with his ex fiance, that she got tired and fedup, and just left him one fateful day , with his ring... Other relationships, were just not right, until he met me that day, i was about to take a bike...and all the feelings came back all over again...am glad he has really achieved considerably well , during past 5yrs, we had a breakup.
He looked more matured, confident, and bold... cheesy.....my Reason in the past, was that i wasn't ready, and I felt I had to whole time in the whole world to relax and just enjoy the relationship, but he wanted marriage @ that point , so I had to withdraw from him and drift into a world of my own.. Thank God , we met last month after 5yrs.. Av also done pretty well for myself too.. We both liked what we are seeing through each other nw... He proposed last nite @ Sheraton ..with misty eyes of love and adoration.... And I whispered Yes, I will marry you....he looked at me, smiled and says thank you, my dear... U won't regret this decision ....I promise to make u happy and fulfilled .

Am so happy.... We are planning to getting a new home, before the marriage proceedings cheesy.... I can't even sleep.... At last, av met my match smiley in everything.

Thank you , Lord.

23 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 2:13am On Sep 02, 2013
Aww! Sounds like true love! Congrats!!

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 2:45am On Sep 02, 2013
God will permanent your joy IJN ... I'm happy for you Amelia... Aren't you the lady whose relatives convinced not to buy a car but you eventually did?

Two Family section wedding on the way by God's grace..

So the rock.. Carats?? wink yeah amebo things grin

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 2:48am On Sep 02, 2013
Congrats lady!!

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by RoyalRoy(m): 2:53am On Sep 02, 2013
Sounds good.

But aint you rushing things up a bit?

You've been apart for 5 years, a lot would have changed.

You might be walking into marriage with a "familiar stranger"!

Hopefully if he is a sincere man, all will be well.

26 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by johnstar(m): 4:50am On Sep 02, 2013
Ar u sure ur hubby is also happy abt dis undecided, dis 1 wey u dey happy say u r getn married, u don comit wn u dey smal abi..... Anyway gud 4 u
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 6:40am On Sep 02, 2013
Congrats to you.

Me thinks the guy is desperate sha. You left him because you' were not ready, and 5 years later he comes cruising in a white jeep, you're all lovey dovey. Please don't leave him when the going gets tough, for anything.

6 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by thorpido(m): 7:05am On Sep 02, 2013
You were not ready some years ago and he comes cruising in a white jeep and you're ready.
I'll ask you thread with caution.He may not be the guy you knew 5yrs ago.Guys can really change.

Wish u the best in your endeavours.

2 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Agbgift(f): 7:28am On Sep 02, 2013
Congratulations.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 02, 2013
Congrat to you. But pls why can't you guys slow down for a sec; why the rush huh, u hv not set ur eyes on him for 5yrs, he came bke looking radiant, b4 you ascept his proposal, why can't you run some underground check?. Why i'm saying these is, not all that glitters it Gold. In all you hv made ur choice, i wish you well..
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Deiok(m): 7:52am On Sep 02, 2013
Congrats to you Amelian.
I have always wish for an end to your relationship problems, thank God your true life partner has finaly reunite with you.

I dont think there is going to be any problem with this, not even do i think he might be a changed person as stated by some of the posters, since he was the one who wanted you both to settle down earlier but you refuse it because you were afraid, now both of you are more matured than before, so i believe your union will be perfect.

And you also said he tried other relationship which did not work out for him until he find you again.
now here is the thing, both of you have to open up to each other about the relatoinships you have been into in the five years of seperation. Inorder to clear things up. And if there is anyone that still have any unclear relationship with anyone, you or he should cut such relationship off.

I wish you a successful marriage life. And dont forget to keep us posted with the wedding.

3 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by bellong: 8:12am On Sep 02, 2013
Congratulations to you...

Prior to tying the knot, you should separate quality time to discussing issues that may affect the union. I want to believe you understand what I mean. To avoid stories that touch, settle most of the matters now.

Finally, I wish you commit everything in prayers and do not taking a major decision with emotional sentiments...

It is well with you

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by jaybee3(m): 8:32am On Sep 02, 2013
Congrats and good luck cos you sure gonna need it. nuff said

4 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by mysticgal(f): 8:54am On Sep 02, 2013
amielia,shebi you would make me ashebi cool
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 02, 2013
It seems the op is dreaming. Wake up gal. tongue
You left him years ago because he wasn't finacially stable and now that he rides a big SUV, you are fawning all over him, willing to marry him. Anyway, I hope it turns out well for you.

5 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Oildichotomy(m): 9:26am On Sep 02, 2013
The men are jealous that you've been taken.. Ride on lady

2 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 02, 2013
My dear nlders , thanks.... Am happy.... And really he has not changed in character o.... Just more confident , that's all... With credible businesses , he is doing.... Av done a background check on him. his biz is legit... and we both have a mutual family friend, that wants us back together... smiley
We are going for house hunting this week... He says I fits his status smiley.....
Am not really aso Ebi person. But my aunties won't allow me to rest on that aspect....The IV is coming up soon....

Thanks everyone kiss

3 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 02, 2013
@ jaybee.... Cool smiley

@ jidegirl, yes am the one o......But I bought it anyways... Tired of waiting @ bus stops.... And it's so convenient going to work with it... smiley
Thank God, I followed my mind... Babes, if u can afford a car, pls buy one ... It saves a lot of stress , especially on raining days.
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 11:43am On Sep 02, 2013
Amelian: My dear nlders , thanks.... Am happy.... And really he has not changed in character o.... Just more confident , that's all... With credible businesses , he is doing.... Av done a background check on him. his biz is legit... and we both have a mutual family friend, that wants us back together... smiley
We are going for house hunting this week... He says I fits his status smiley.....
Am not really aso Ebi person. But my aunties won't allow me to rest on that aspect....The IV is coming up soon....

Thanks everyone kiss

lipsrsealed. . . I just hope you are marrying him for the right reasons. Congrats anyways.

6 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 11:54am On Sep 02, 2013
hahaha cheesy
amelie chop awoof o, who nor know go know
awoof dey run belle, who nor know go know...
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 02, 2013
Thanks for highlighting.... Yea, I am.... smiley... Marriage is all about understanding , support, love and respect between couples.. Av dated guys that wanted to suck me dry, cos I look comfortable ....even when they work .... At least , lemme spend the rest of my life, with someone who is ready to add into my life, and can stand on their own and not be a pest..trust me, I know what am saying...and I sure value what I have now.

BoboYekini: hahaha cheesy
amelie chop awoof o, who nor know go know
awoof dey run belle, who nor know go know...

Lol.... Not this one o

3 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 12:04pm On Sep 02, 2013
Amelian:

Lol.... Not this one o
awww, I love your sense of humor. And for that reason..(drumroll)...I wish you all of the very best darling. smiley
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 02, 2013
Thanks dear smiley
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 12:32pm On Sep 02, 2013
Amelian: Thanks for highlighting.... Yea, I am.... smiley... Marriage is all about understanding , support, love and respect between couples.. Av dated guys that wanted to suck me dry, cos I look comfortable ....even when they work .... At least , lemme spend the rest of my life, with someone who is ready to add into my life, and can stand on their own and not be a pest..trust me, I know what am saying...and I sure value what I have now.

Well, your previous posts made it look like you were only interested in the highlighted points cos you went on and on about those. But now that you have explained. . . Congrats again. smiley
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by jaybee3(m): 12:46pm On Sep 02, 2013
Amelian: Hello everyone... Pls kindly read through my scenario. Babes, lets assume uv worked so hard in some years time, saved yourself some cash and rewarded yourselves with a nice cute car of your choice. Then along your bumpy ride through life grin, you met a guy not too long ago, say last 3weeks... Wooing u , like crazy ...talking about love and seeing both of your future together , in a space of 3weeks... U played along, at least, there's no risk in trying a new relationship... Then, one fateful evening, your bf says that he's so stressed taking bus and okadas, that pls can he share using your car with u?... As in, u drive to work,in the morning then he takes the car keys from u , after uv parked and drive off to sort out his business errands, then will drop the car at your house, when he's done for the day..
As a babe,, what will be your response? Will u give him the car keys grin
Or as a guy, will u give your babe your car keys?

Pls sincere answers from the depths of our Hearts....
Thanks.

Amelian: Thank you, Izukwu... God bless you...and he's making me feel like a bad person, not giving him d keys...cause he claims to love so much.... sad

Pls more response will be appreciated.

Amelian: f

I feel the relationship has just started... Some guys are something else these days... And I don't trust blindly.. Not with what av actually worked hard for... And it's for my comfort, and also for my unborn kids, when I do get married ... Not for a bf , nah ...afterall , av dated few guys in the past who had cars, and trust they don't joke with their cars.... They protect their keys like a bank.. So why shud I joke with mine angry

Same guy ?

4 Likes

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
jay bee:

Same guy ?

Your story is leaky. Same guy, yea? have you considered marriage counseling, by the way? Its very helpful, I tell you.

Again, shey this your bobo isn't desperate, him with the legit biz and white cruiser and all? Please do aso ebi o, I'll buy and attend. In fact, I'll pm you for details grin
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Sep 02, 2013
Congrats!!....

(I won't venture into the darker side of my opinions today lipsrsealed lipsrsealed)
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by thorpido(m): 2:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
The men are jealous that you've been taken.. Ride on lady
We men wey dey talk e get wetin we know.Don't you know you ladies make decisions mainly cos of emotions which often fails you?
Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
Amelian:
@ jidegirl, yes am the one o......But I bought it anyways... Tired of waiting @ bus stops.... And it's so convenient going to work with it... smiley
Thank God, I followed my mind... Babes, if u can afford a car, pls buy one ... It saves a lot of stress , especially on raining days.

I hear you. smiley

You owe nobody no explanation....Follow your guts, that's all I can say.. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Am Getting Married......yea! by ireneidiva(f): 2:21pm On Sep 02, 2013
Something is just not right here. But anyway its just about choice. If this is who you want then I wish you all the best life has to offer. Happy married life

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Clearance Sales!!!! / Top 4 Sites That Pays You Real Money To Watch Videos (2021) / CBM7: Cussions Announces Prize Of ₦2 Million For This Year's Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.