Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,386 members, 7,815,820 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:51 PM

Thread For Nokia Lumia Users - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Thread For Nokia Lumia Users (2926 Views)

Nokia Lumia Users Let Meet Here!! / Formatting Code For Nokia 3250 (hard Reset) Anyone Pls? / Mtn Configuration Settings For Nokia 6233 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by ayolatun(m): 7:38am On Sep 02, 2013
[color=#990000][/color] I use a Nokia Lumia 720. You can post your experiences and challenges with your Lumia phone. Maybe, you could get a solution here.

Cheers,

Lumia User
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by braine(m): 8:56am On Sep 02, 2013
What's the windows OS like compared to Blackberry OS and Android•
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by ayolatun(m): 7:10am On Sep 03, 2013
The Windows OS is better than the Blackberry OS because my Windows phone has never hanged for once; works faster than Blackberry. Now, Android and Windows OS; I'll say from my own experience, I prefer the Windows OS. The strong battery of the Nokia gives it an edge.

Although Android has many "apps" but how many apps person go use. There is an update of the Os by windows coming soon:Windows Amber/8.1. So its getting better. And again the phone no dey hot, compared to its other counterparts.
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by ayolatun(m): 2:33pm On Sep 03, 2013
No Lumia users on Nairaland ni?
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2013
there r, just that they are here https://www.nairaland.com/1366603/windows-phone-8-naija-forum

ayolatun: No Lumia users on Nairaland ni?
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by ayolatun(m): 12:28pm On Sep 04, 2013
Okay, I see. Thanks
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by stanley99a(m): 7:19am On Sep 05, 2013
ayolatun: No Lumia users on Nairaland ni?

we dey here, na subscription dey give us work.
where can u download soccer game from, free o
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by abrahym(m): 9:23am On Sep 05, 2013
how strong is nokia window phone battery....like how many hours can someone use it to broswe and chat
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by timoney45(m): 5:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
hi guys, my lumia 520 shows double pictures when i take a snapshot or a screenshot and when i delet one of them, both pictures goes. please anybody with a solution
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by ayolatun(m): 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
abrahym: how strong is nokia window phone battery....like how many hours can someone use it to broswe and chat

24hrs on fair usage. Moreover, it depends on the model (720, 820, 920) etc.
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by ayolatun(m): 9:09pm On Sep 05, 2013
timoney45: hi guys, my lumia 520 shows double pictures when i take a snapshot or a screenshot and when i delet one of them, both pictures goes. please anybody with a solution

check your picture and storage settings.
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by Nobody: 1:17am On Sep 06, 2013
timoney45: hi guys, my lumia 520 shows double pictures when i take a snapshot or a screenshot and when i delet one of them, both pictures goes. please anybody with a solution
VIRUS!
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by Veritas234(m): 4:58am On Sep 06, 2013
Hello there! I am having difficulty purchasing apps from WP stores with same card I've been using on google playstore. Someone advised I change region to UK as Nigeria won't work. Did that, yet having issues with postcode inter alia.
Please how do I overcome this? Thank you!
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by stanley99a(m): 7:33am On Sep 06, 2013
hey na virus be that o. I taught this phone cant colect Virus o. Because i have tried downloadin the anti virus but to no avail. Guy just format ur memory card if thats where u store ur pics
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by UjSizzle(f): 1:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
Veritas234: Hello there! I am having difficulty purchasing apps from WP stores with same card I've been using on google playstore. Someone advised I change region to UK as Nigeria won't work. Did that, yet having issues with postcode inter alia.
Please how do I overcome this? Thank you!
Haveyou tried registering the card in your 'wallet'? When you do, it syncs with your Microsoft account. I did it Nigeria and it worked.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by UjSizzle(f): 1:51pm On Sep 06, 2013
I think my 620 just updated. Does anyone else have the xbox music store on their in their Music+Video options?
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by ayolatun(m): 6:55am On Sep 09, 2013
Has anyone received the new windows update?
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by stanley99a(m): 6:59am On Sep 09, 2013
ayolatun: Has anyone received the new windows update?
not yet still waitin patiently
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by UjSizzle(f): 10:18am On Sep 09, 2013
ayolatun: Has anyone received the new windows update?
Check your updates..and u might need WiFi for that. I received it last Friday
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by deepleke(m): 12:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
the window amber is not that special to me.i have updated my 620 but you will need a wifi connection to do that.the window phone store is so wack.is there any other site that is better?
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by ayolatun(m): 12:34pm On Sep 09, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Check your updates..and u might need WiFi for that. I received it last Friday

is it mandatory to use Wifi Ni?
am still waiting sha...
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by UjSizzle(f): 1:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
ayolatun:

is it mandatory to use Wifi Ni?
am still waiting sha...

Guy unless you have unlimited data, you will want to use a WiFi. Make sure your phone's fully charged too and you have enough memory space..it could take a while before it's completed.
Go to your Settings>Phone Update>Check for Updates. It's possible it's already there undecided
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by ayolatun(m): 4:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
uj_sizzle:
Guy unless you have unlimited data, you will want to use a WiFi. Make sure your phone's fully charged too and you have enough memory space..it could take a while before it's completed.
Go to your Settings>Phone Update>Check for Updates. It's possible it's already there undecided
okay
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by UchihaItachi(m): 7:53am On Sep 10, 2013
Why are they delaying the dammed update for some phones..still not available for mine undecided
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by deepleke(m): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2013
i wonder why some functions are not working even with the amber update.i cant use the glance,flip to silence function.i want to ask uj-sizzle if she is not having the same issues with d updates
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by UjSizzle(f): 2:49pm On Sep 10, 2013
deepleke: i wonder why some functions are not working even with the amber update.i cant use the glance,flip to silence function.i want to ask uj-sizzle if she is not having the same issues with d updates
Mine's working.
The glance won't work on a 520.
What Lumia are u using?
And err go to ur settings and turn on ur glance screen if u havn't done that.
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by UjSizzle(f): 2:53pm On Sep 10, 2013
Uchiha Itachi: Why are they delaying the dammed update for some phones..still not available for mine undecided
The delay could be from your service provider, but they've promised everyone will receive it by month end. Be patient.
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by ayolatun(m): 9:27pm On Sep 10, 2013
@ uj sizzle What Lumia are you using?
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by UjSizzle(f): 7:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
ayolatun: @ uj sizzle What Lumia are you using?

A 620. darn thing's pissing me off.
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by ayolatun(m): 12:24pm On Sep 17, 2013
uj_sizzle:
A 620. darn thing's pissing me off.

with the amber update? Sori o. My 720 has been acting funny since it fell into a bucket of water.

Still waiting for the update though.
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by Emmy3(m): 5:12pm On Sep 22, 2013
Windows Phone OS is a learner nah...., most people don port to Android... If you are the multimedia type, stick to Nokia but if you are multimedia+fun+apps, type move to android sharp sharp oh....
Re: Thread For Nokia Lumia Users by timoney45(m): 12:04pm On Sep 25, 2013
please those who have upgraded their wp8 should tell me the improvements in the upgrade. i beg una

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stop Memorising All Those Codes!! / I Promised Her A New Phone(photos) / Infinix S4: Hands On & Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.