Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,668 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:29 AM

Shortlist Of Loyalists: Fashola Dismisses Report As Ridiculous - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shortlist Of Loyalists: Fashola Dismisses Report As Ridiculous (484 Views)

PDP Loyalists Burn Their Old Clothes As They Defect To APC In Rivers State. PICS / Boko Haram Leader Shekau Dismisses Nigerian Military Claims / APC Dismisses Report On Zoning Of VP To SW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shortlist Of Loyalists: Fashola Dismisses Report As Ridiculous by mbulela: 9:08am On Sep 02, 2013
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/shortlist-of-loyalists-fashola-dismisses-report-as-ridiculous/157893/

Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN), has described as ridiculous, last week’s front page report of a national newspaper, which claimed he had drawn up a shortlist of five candidates, who could possibly succeed him.

The governor who spoke in an interview with journalists who sought his reaction to the report after attending the first Lagos International Table Tennis Classics at the Molade Okoya Thomas Indoor Sports Hall of the Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere at the weekend, said emphatically that he had neither compiled a “short” nor “long list.”

“The first thing to say is that I did not compile any list whether a shortlist or a long list and I think the newspaper has acted perhaps irresponsibly and I think they had an opportunity if indeed it is true they ever got such a story to have clarified with us. But to have gone on in detail to say that I have compiled a list, I would like them to present that list to members of the public.”

Noting that he was already considering seeking legal redress on the blatant falsehood published by the newspaper, Fashola said the action amounted to a deception of the reading public to have published such a fabricated story.

“As I said, I deny such a list vehemently and I am already talking to my lawyers and it is very sad that they do not show respect to the Nigerian populace. People work very hard to earn money and the least that they deserve is that if they buy newspapers, what they expect to read in the newspapers should be true not stories fabricated and planted and put on the front page as if it was factual,” he explained.

The governor reiterated that such an act of publishing deliberate falsehood, if not for anything, was the height of corruption and could be likened to obtaining people’s money by false pretence which is undeserving of any newspaper.

2 Likes

Re: Shortlist Of Loyalists: Fashola Dismisses Report As Ridiculous by kzokul(m): 9:20am On Sep 02, 2013
Na so this guy fear tinubu reach? Na wa ooo! Goodluck for don sue all the newspapers saying that he is contesting in 2nd term.

2 Likes

Re: Shortlist Of Loyalists: Fashola Dismisses Report As Ridiculous by Ryabcool(m): 10:20am On Sep 02, 2013
The kind of senseless journalism plaguing our media space these days is unbecoming. We read rumours instead of facts these days... Too bad
Re: Shortlist Of Loyalists: Fashola Dismisses Report As Ridiculous by Ryabcool(m): 10:21am On Sep 02, 2013
kzokul: Na so this guy fear tinubu reach? Na wa ooo! Goodluck for don sue all the newspapers saying that he is contesting in 2nd term.
click like if you think this guy needs mental checkup... angry

3 Likes

Re: Shortlist Of Loyalists: Fashola Dismisses Report As Ridiculous by Kairoseki77: 10:33am On Sep 02, 2013
I pray the person who follows Fashola can maintain the standard that Fashola has set.

Datz all!

Eko oni baje o!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Woman Knocks Off Neighbour’s Teeth / Governor General Azikiwe Bowing To The Queen Of Nigeria. / B'haram Strikes Again, Kills 20 In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.