Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:46 AM

Are Women To Lead/Teach Men and Women In The Church? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Women To Lead/Teach Men and Women In The Church? (497 Views)

“God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo / Why Do Most Churches Make It Mandatory For Women To Cover Their Hair In Church? / Is It Biblical For Christian Women To Wear Trousers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are Women To Lead/Teach Men and Women In The Church? by lahchi: 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
It is obvious that in many churches today, we have various women taking roles of leading in songs (choir not scriptural tho) and even teaching the church.
This act has been forbidden and stated in the Bible clearly enough not to be overlooked.
Despite the reasons of various women led by God both in the old covenant and the new one, Women were said not to speak in the church "1 Corinthians 14:33 For God is not the author of confusion but of peace, as in all the churches of the saints. 34 Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. 35 And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church. 36 Or did the word of God come originally from you? Or was it you only that it reached? 37 If anyone thinks himself to be a prophet or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things which I write to you are the commandments of the Lord. 38 But if anyone is ignorant, let him be ignorant."
Would you be ignorant and not yield to this? It was also written in the letter sent to timothy "Men and Women in the Church
1 Timothy 2:8 I desire therefore that the men pray everywhere, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting; 9 in like manner also, that the women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with propriety and moderation, not with braided hair or gold or pearls or costly clothing, 10 but, which is proper for women professing godliness, with good works. 11 Let a woman learn in silence with all submission. 12 And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence. 13 For Adam was formed first, then Eve. 14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived, fell into transgression. 15 Nevertheless she will be saved in childbearing if they continue in faith, love, and holiness, with self-control." Would you still be ignorant of this proof from the Bible?
Please if you still uphold any doubt, ask yourself this question, why didn't Jesus pick any woman as His disciple? Why wasn't any woman asked to teach or preach the word of God to the saints as this wasn't recorded?
Why need not be ignorant and follow the right teaching, the right doctrine as far as the Bible is concerned. Matt 16:16-19(NKJV) [16 Simon Peter answered and said, “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 Jesus answered and said to him, “Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah, for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but My Father who is in heaven.

Revelation of the Church

18 And I also say to you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it. 19 And I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.”] Christ said He would build his church, Acts 2:40-47 (NKJV)[A Vital Church Grows

40 And with many other words he testified and exhorted them, saying, “Be saved from this perverse generation.” 41 Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added to them. 42 And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers. 43 Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles. 44 Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common, 45 and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need. 46 So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, 47 praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.] the church started, Romans 16:16 (NKJV)16 [Greet one another with a holy kiss. The "churches of Christ" greet you.] we were made to understand that the churches which the Early Christians were members of was the "Church Of Christ"
Every word written in the Bible was written through the Inspiration of God.
I am a member of the Church of Christ, be a member, be saved and worship God in Spirit and in Truth.

(1) (Reply)

Christs Look Alike (picture) / Prophets And Their Prophetic Claims / Why Should Someone Go To Hell For Not Being A Christian?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.