Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:08 PM

Please Teach Me How to Prepare Stew With Fish Or Meat - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Please Teach Me How to Prepare Stew With Fish Or Meat (2778 Views)

Christmas Stew Got Burnt Because I Was Carried Away By A Movie"caroline Shoes" / How To Prepare Stew / How To Prepare Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Teach Me How to Prepare Stew With Fish Or Meat by dryakson(m): 10:24pm On Sep 02, 2013
Thank God for nairaland. This is where my problem will be solved.
Preparing a good stew in school is the best for me as I can come at any time and boil white rice but the problem is I DON'T KNOW HOW TO PREPARE IT. Can I say rubbish? Yeah is rubbish because it will either be Watery, sour, tasteless, disgusting, or spoil the next day which it don't suppose to be so.
Can remember a day I prepared it and a friend of mine came to eat for that day, shame flog the hell outter me.
I want to resume after this ASUU season film with a new cooking skill. Thanks in advance
Re: Please Teach Me How to Prepare Stew With Fish Or Meat by didicold(f): 1:37am On Sep 04, 2013
First for a newbie, frying d stew is better,many things can go wrong with"soup",
for d beef stew, get a good cut of beef, cut into desired sizes, clean it then put it in d pot u want to cook wit,add onemedium sized bulb of onion ,a level table spoon of salt and seasoning, for like ten pieces of average sized meat use one whole cube of maggie chicken, or two cubes of knorr chicken,stir d mixture den put it on d heat, i suggest u add wate r to d level of d meat or 2/3rds d height of d meat, boil for about 30mins, check intermittently to make sure d water doznt dry up, after 30 mins, take a piece of meat and test for toughness, if its chewable then stop cookin, if not cook until chewable(some cuts of beef r tougher dan others)

3 Likes

Re: Please Teach Me How to Prepare Stew With Fish Or Meat by didicold(f): 1:48am On Sep 04, 2013
Get some oil(groundnut or palm), heat until lightly smoking, make sure u remove d meat fromits stock(water used to cook it) but dont pour d stock away o, so d meat can drain a little, drop it in d lightly smoking oil, as much pieces of meat as d pot can contain,dis makes sure d temp of d oil doznt burn d meat fast, turn d meat intermittently for about ten minutes for a light braise on both sides, remove meat from oil den pour in ur freshly blended pepper and meat stock, allow pepper to cook for @ least 30 mins,den taste to know if salt or maggi is needed, add both in pinches till u get ur desired taste,by dis time u can add ur meat so dat it can soften more and soak up stew, den in d next ten minutes u r done,note dat a large volume of pepper takes longer cooking so dat it can lose water and d stew becomes desirably thicker, pls try to check on whatever u r cookin regularly, for d first ten minutes, leave it alone, den later check evri five minutes, i say dis because when i started learnin to cook, i burnt enough food to feed a party of ppl, because of inattentiveness.
Happy experimenting, u acn also visit www.allnigerianrecipes.com for d lowdown on all kinds of yummy nigerian dishes and snacks.
NB- its not my website o, i just visit dere regularly for cooking tips

1 Like

Re: Please Teach Me How to Prepare Stew With Fish Or Meat by dryakson(m): 11:49am On Sep 04, 2013
didicold: Get some oil(groundnut or palm), heat until lightly smoking, make sure u remove d meat fromits stock(water used to cook it) but dont pour d stock away o, so d meat can drain a little, drop it in d lightly smoking oil, as much pieces of meat as d pot can contain,dis makes sure d temp of d oil doznt burn d meat fast, turn d meat intermittently for about ten minutes for a light braise on both sides, remove meat from oil den pour in ur freshly blended pepper and meat stock, allow pepper to cook for @ least 30 mins,den taste to know if salt or maggi is needed, add both in pinches till u get ur desired taste,by dis time u can add ur meat so dat it can soften more and soak up stew, den in d next ten minutes u r done,note dat a large volume of pepper takes longer cooking so dat it can lose water and d stew becomes desirably thicker, pls try to check on whatever u r cookin regularly, for d first ten minutes, leave it alone, den later check evri five minutes, i say dis because when i started learnin to cook, i burnt enough food to feed a party of ppl, because of inattentiveness.
Happy experimenting, u acn also visit www.allnigerianrecipes.com for d lowdown on all kinds of yummy nigerian dishes and snacks.
I really really appreciate your help. And with these explanation I will be able to cook the stew..
What of fish? A times the fish disappear. Will visit the site to check thanks
Re: Please Teach Me How to Prepare Stew With Fish Or Meat by Nobody: 5:03am On Sep 13, 2013
I ddnt c a tomato or is ma eyes playing tricks on me
didicold: Get some oil(groundnut or palm), heat until lightly smoking, make sure u remove d meat fromits stock(water used to cook it) but dont pour d stock away o, so d meat can drain a little, drop it in d lightly smoking oil, as much pieces of meat as d pot can contain,dis makes sure d temp of d oil doznt burn d meat fast, turn d meat intermittently for about ten minutes for a light braise on both sides, remove meat from oil den pour in ur freshly blended pepper and meat stock, allow pepper to cook for @ least 30 mins,den taste to know if salt or maggi is needed, add both in pinches till u get ur desired taste,by dis time u can add ur meat so dat it can soften more and soak up stew, den in d next ten minutes u r done,note dat a large volume of pepper takes longer cooking so dat it can lose water and d stew becomes desirably thicker, pls try to check on whatever u r cookin regularly, for d first ten minutes, leave it alone, den later check evri five minutes, i say dis because when i started learnin to cook, i burnt enough food to feed a party of ppl, because of inattentiveness.
Re: Please Teach Me How to Prepare Stew With Fish Or Meat by didicold(f): 11:40pm On Sep 14, 2013
Tomaoes is covered by "freshly blended pepper" in d write up

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Irish Potato! Irish Potato!! Irish Potato!!! Contact Us For Your Order Today. / BRT/LagBus ADVERTISING IN LAGOS, NIGERIA / Would You Eat This Tuber Of Yam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.