Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

How To Find God Beyond Christian Law. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Find God Beyond Christian Law. (748 Views)

How Did You Find God/Your Belief/Your Truth? / How To Find God! / When Will I Find God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Find God Beyond Christian Law. by Emusan(m): 7:08am On Sep 03, 2013
Have you ever gone to a church seeking God and instead got the famous words: "If you want to be born again, then repent, do good, then tithe"? Even if you do complete all these churchly "tasks," does it still leave a hollow place inside of you where you wanted God and were fed religion instead? Do you ever wonder if there is more to being a Christian than being good and giving money to the church? Well, here's some good news!

1 Consider that God gave us the Law to show us our need for a Savior:
Paul tells us that the Law is good if it is used lawfully. It is just a mirror, not a to do list. Scripture says the Law is a schoolmaster to lead us to Christ. It doesn't save us it just shows us we need saving.

2 Read Galatians, where Paul talks about faith being the only way to God:
He completely dismisses the notion that following the old Jewish law is necessary for salvation. The law is summarized by Jesus as loving God and loving your neighbor as yourself. Faith in Jesus is the only way to be saved. Reading the Bible for yourself is a wonderful way to come to know God your father better.

3 Make time for God: God delights in being with you, and always has time to chat. Making time for just you and Him is important.

4 Accept that no one is perfect, or a "good Christian":
No matter how much a person has tithed (i.e., paid "church taxes"wink, this does not make the person better than another. God does not care about literal actions alone. What truly matters is motives in your heart and soul. Even if you donate a vast amount of money and time to a great Christian organization, if you do this with a mindset of glorifying yourself, God does not favor it. "To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice" (Proverbs 21:3, NIV).

5 Don't abuse your belief as an excuse for sinning:
Jesus' death doesn't mean it's alright to go out and sin. Jesus' death may have freed Christians from the heavy bonds of sin but it's not time to go out and collect some more for Jesus to wash away. It is time to live out your life of freedom before others. And to share your talents, skills and love with others. This way Jesus may draw all people to Himself through seeing what you have. The whole point of His death was not so that you could sin more and bathe in His grace, but so that he could free you and turn you away from your slavery and bonds to the evils of sin.

6 An insightful quote from DC Talk: "The single biggest cause of atheism in the world today is CHRISTIANS, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, and deny him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."

7 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8

Prepare for the way of the Lord your God.

Shalom!

1 Like

Re: How To Find God Beyond Christian Law. by Oyinprince(m): 9:14am On Sep 03, 2013
Nice write up
Re: How To Find God Beyond Christian Law. by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:28am On Sep 03, 2013
How is it hard for your omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent God to appear in the sky and show himself to mankind. This will stop controversy and doubt about his/her existence once and for all.

If you ignore this and want to stick to your OP......it completely indicates that God is idea created by feeble mind
Re: How To Find God Beyond Christian Law. by Oyinprince(m): 9:33am On Sep 03, 2013
@Folykaze if God suld appear like that, the truth is you wont still believe, so stop waiting 4 im to appear

1 Like

Re: How To Find God Beyond Christian Law. by Emusan(m): 12:16pm On Sep 03, 2013
FOLYKAZE: How is it hard for your omniscient, omnipotent and omnipresent God to appear in the sky and show himself to mankind.

It's not difficult at all but He won't! because you don't love Him.

John 14:21-23 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and I will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him(Like Atheist-Folykaze), not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we(Jesus and His Father) will come unto him, and make our(Jesus and His Father) abode with him."

This will stop controversy and doubt about his/her existence once and for all.

Please let it continue and let us see who will loose either God or Atheist at the end of the day. God didn't beg anybody to serve Him.

If you ignore this and want to stick to your OP......it completely indicates that God is idea created by feeble mind

Yea! You even said you're a god. I'm for God always because Satan don't have anything in me so I stick with Holyspirit to my Op forever because God has manifested Himself to me.

Shalom!
Re: How To Find God Beyond Christian Law. by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:32pm On Sep 03, 2013
Emusan:

It's not difficult at all but He won't! because you don't love Him.

John 14:21-23 "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and I will manifest myself to him.
22 Judas saith unto him(Like Atheist-Folykaze), not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we(Jesus and His Father) will come unto him, and make our(Jesus and His Father) abode with him."

Please let it continue and let us see who will loose either God or Atheist at the end of the day. God didn't beg anybody to serve Him.

Yea! You even said you're a god. I'm for God always because Satan don't have anything in me so I stick with Holyspirit to my Op forever because God has manifested Himself to me.

Shalom!

God appeared to Moses....face to face. Yes or No? Did moses laws not contradictory to that of Jesus? Tooth for tooth saga!

Your God hasn't shown to anybody or nation in history except in whats recorded inside buy-bull.

Save the son for yourself....I will honour and worship the SUN. I dont need a black book to prove it. I dont need to submit to invaders and remoted to believe it. It nothing that cause controversial....it good for me everyday. Lol.

1 Like

Re: How To Find God Beyond Christian Law. by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:36pm On Sep 03, 2013
Oyinprince: @Folykaze if God suld appear like that, the truth is you wont still believe, so stop waiting 4 im to appear

If he can appear in the sky for picturing, video recording and test his audio sounds collected. I will believe.

But do you think we will be the same? Your God is right because you programmed to believe that.....how about other Gods worship by other people? Do you believe them? If not....we are on the same page
Re: How To Find God Beyond Christian Law. by Emusan(m): 3:53pm On Sep 03, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
God appeared to Moses....face to face. Yes or No?

Yes! But not the way you think 'face to face'.

Did Moses have any relationship with God before he saw His backside?
Re: How To Find God Beyond Christian Law. by FOLYKAZE(m): 8:38pm On Sep 03, 2013
Emusan:

Yes! But not the way you think 'face to face'.

Did Moses have any relationship with God before he saw His backside?

Nothing like backside here. It face to face according to Exodus. Here is it

Exodus 33:11
King James Version (KJV)
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

You quote john 14:23 which state clearly that those that follow Jesus love him and keep his commandment.....the person will be love by God and see God.

Many of Jesus commandment and rule dont tally with Moses law and action but moses saw God face to face
Re: How To Find God Beyond Christian Law. by PastorOluT(m): 9:14pm On Sep 03, 2013
Nice write up, the no 6 is something every Christian need to give serious thought. Just like Mahatma Ghandi said, 'I would have been a Christian if I had not known a Christian. Think what many are saying, I have made up my mind never to be a hindrance to the gospel.

1 Like

Re: How To Find God Beyond Christian Law. by Emusan(m): 6:56am On Sep 04, 2013
FOLYKAZE:
Nothing like backside here. It face to face according to Exodus. Here is it
Exodus 33:11
King James Version (KJV)
11 And the Lord spake unto Moses face to face, as a man speaketh unto his friend. And he turned again into the camp: but his servant Joshua, the son of Nun, a young man, departed not out of the tabernacle.

It's advisable to read the whole chapter 33 then you will get the message. Not only Moses that was recorded in the Bible but if you understand that Chapter 33 then you'll get the rest including Moses 'face to face'. So Moses only saw the backside of God.

You quote john 14:23 which state clearly that those that follow Jesus love him and keep his commandment.....the person will be love by God and see God.

Yes which is true.

Many of Jesus commandment and rule dont tally with Moses law and action but moses saw God face to face

He(Jesus) is the who gave those rules beside we're not under the law again but under grace through Jesus' death.

Shalom!
Re: How To Find God Beyond Christian Law. by Emart(m): 10:50am On Sep 07, 2013
Emusan: Have you ever gone to a church seeking God and instead got the famous words: "If you want to be born again, then repent, do good, then tithe"? Even if you do complete all these churchly "tasks," does it still leave a hollow place inside of you where you wanted God and were fed religion instead? Do you ever wonder if there is more to being a Christian than being good and giving money to the church? Well, here's some good news!

1 Consider that God gave us the Law to show us our need for a Savior:
Paul tells us that the Law is good if it is used lawfully. It is just a mirror, not a to do list. Scripture says the Law is a schoolmaster to lead us to Christ. It doesn't save us it just shows us we need saving.

2 Read Galatians, where Paul talks about faith being the only way to God:
He completely dismisses the notion that following the old Jewish law is necessary for salvation. The law is summarized by Jesus as loving God and loving your neighbor as yourself. Faith in Jesus is the only way to be saved. Reading the Bible for yourself is a wonderful way to come to know God your father better.

3 Make time for God: God delights in being with you, and always has time to chat. Making time for just you and Him is important.

4 Accept that no one is perfect, or a "good Christian":
No matter how much a person has tithed (i.e., paid "church taxes"wink, this does not make the person better than another. God does not care about literal actions alone. What truly matters is motives in your heart and soul. Even if you donate a vast amount of money and time to a great Christian organization, if you do this with a mindset of glorifying yourself, God does not favor it. "To do what is right and just is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice" (Proverbs 21:3, NIV).

5 Don't abuse your belief as an excuse for sinning:
Jesus' death doesn't mean it's alright to go out and sin. Jesus' death may have freed Christians from the heavy bonds of sin but it's not time to go out and collect some more for Jesus to wash away. It is time to live out your life of freedom before others. And to share your talents, skills and love with others. This way Jesus may draw all people to Himself through seeing what you have. The whole point of His death was not so that you could sin more and bathe in His grace, but so that he could free you and turn you away from your slavery and bonds to the evils of sin.

6 An insightful quote from DC Talk: "The single biggest cause of atheism in the world today is CHRISTIANS, who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, and deny him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable."

7 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God? Micah 6:8

Prepare for the way of the Lord your God.

Shalom!
Nice Copy And Paste.
Re: How To Find God Beyond Christian Law. by Emusan(m): 7:36am On Sep 08, 2013
Emart:
Nice Copy And Paste. Where did you get this article from. Do you believe what you've pasted?

Yea, I believe Sir!

Shalom!

(1) (Reply)

The Battle Of Words. Are You Involved? / Who Shall Inherit The Earth? "WINNERS-TAKE-EARTH" / Protestants-heretics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.