Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:16 AM

Why Forbes/channel O Africa's Celebrities Ranking Is False - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why Forbes/channel O Africa's Celebrities Ranking Is False (870 Views)

Nigerian Celebrities That Are Still Virgins ( Photos ) / See Jim Iyke & Nadia Buari Spotted Together Yesterday! Break Up Story Is False / Pictures Of Goldie & Prezzo At Channel O House Party (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Forbes/channel O Africa's Celebrities Ranking Is False by informa: 11:03am On Sep 03, 2013
I really wonder who did the calculation and all the "African Richest" Artistes listing thing

First, it's a known fact that P-square always have sold out shows accross africa, Europe and other parts of the world, they are 240 million naira Glo Ambassadors, Oil businessmen, real estate owners and shrewd business celebrities and also working strategically with one of the world's biggest record labels and so massive income streaming from digital and other sales. However, bulk of income has to be shared by three major parties: Peter, Paul and Engees and so reduce individual wealth ownership. However, P-sqaure is still termed as a unit superbrand

Next u have the "Oliver Twist" business man artiste, Koko master D'Banj. Who doesnt know that he was the engine room of the defunct Mo-hit. One of the biggest celebrities cash cow in Nigeria and Africa's entertainment industry. He is as dogged as they come. The BOI ambassadorial deal wasnt disclosed, so we dont know how much was involved (but u imagine what a BOI would have shelled out as bank to have Dbanj as its "face" brand"wink. Signed to major record labelled in US (Good Music), UK (Def Jam), Africa (Sony Music) and used to be the biggest Glo Ambassador. And recently, Hennessy Artistry headlining Artiste. if you know dbanj very well, for every business negotiation, he is an oliver twist who will get very "milk milk-able" to be on board. Performing at some of the biggest shows accross Nigeria, Africa, and elsewhere around the world including amazzing 21 million Youtube view never achieved by african artiste, and apart from his other media and "silent" businesses which makes him fly all around the world every other day in first class or business class along with a convoy of his professionals (if you know what that means in term of funds). With houses in Lekki, London, Atlanta and also rumoured in New York, he is a super wealthy Nigerian Celebrity

The super producer, Don Jazzy who is every present on social media and studio has good thing going for him - the Loya Milk ambassador branding, recently MTN brand (this i must say as a business analyst is not major endorsement which i stand to be corrected), and was also co-endoresed on samsung with Dbanj. He has regular income coming from producing for artiste and corporate brand. However, he rarely headline major shut down evernts, shows, or corporate platforms neither any of his Marvin record artistes, except Tiwa who is trying (and so here spending on promotions and logistic of Marvin records may even outstrip income generated as the artiste are not headlining major events as well, those who know business will agree with me here. The no 1 in Nigeria ranking is poo-ooh although without any disrespect to the iconic producer

Next is Wizkid who is a super Pepsi ambassador and now recently MTN ambassador. This guy is ubiquitous in term of performing and headling big event accross africa and elsewhere. Wizzy is so much in money that u imagine how is coping with spending or why do u think EME was not happi to have him own his record label? For the bulky percentage they used to make on him (some ppl say as much as 60 percent for every show). Let me stop here in Wizzy

So in the ranking, i strongly say that Don Jazzy is never richer than P-sqaure, Dbanj, Wizkid and even doubt if he is richer than Banky W. Although i didnt include tuface cos tubaba may be slowing down at the moment in term of revenue

I stand to be corrected with fact not with some sentiments of who is more loveable than who....or why Nairaland by now have not posted the stuff on the front page unlike some copy and paste websites who even copy and paste garbage or mistakes of another write ups on their sites cos they lack details, understandings and contents

4 Likes

Re: Why Forbes/channel O Africa's Celebrities Ranking Is False by yunfazz: 12:16pm On Sep 03, 2013
I disagree with this analysis
Re: Why Forbes/channel O Africa's Celebrities Ranking Is False by Nobody: 12:28pm On Sep 03, 2013
mheennnn so u took all dis time to de analyze other pples moni. i guess u re jobless
Re: Why Forbes/channel O Africa's Celebrities Ranking Is False by Lolitua(f): 12:40pm On Sep 03, 2013
Joblessness z a deadly disease@op
Re: Why Forbes/channel O Africa's Celebrities Ranking Is False by dplomaticVal: 1:25pm On Sep 03, 2013
Nice analysis
Re: Why Forbes/channel O Africa's Celebrities Ranking Is False by yunfazz: 2:01pm On Sep 03, 2013
must it be about joblessness, but ptting facts right...nice analysis, but i quite disagree cos don jazzy is worth what he was mentioned

1 Like

Re: Why Forbes/channel O Africa's Celebrities Ranking Is False by cuszy: 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
I disagree wit dis ur analysis jooh!!!!.......don baba j is far richer dan all of dem!!!.....its obvious Yõµ r just hating on him!!!!......go get a life bro!!!
Re: Why Forbes/channel O Africa's Celebrities Ranking Is False by thinka2: 2:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
I dont think this is hating analysis.. davido just thump down the forbes analysis as a pooooo...they know themselves......by now dbanj, psquare, or wizkid will just be laffing and say, don jazzy na true say u be no 1? habatically!

Re: Why Forbes/channel O Africa's Celebrities Ranking Is False by yunfazz: 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2013
correct
Re: Why Forbes/channel O Africa's Celebrities Ranking Is False by larrysmith(m): 4:51pm On Sep 03, 2013
Nice writeup.naija act are difficult to quantify. Bt its obvious.
Re: Why Forbes/channel O Africa's Celebrities Ranking Is False by yunfazz: 5:32pm On Sep 03, 2013
they are difficult to know how much they worth

(1) (Reply)

‘getting Beyonce To Date Me Was Not Easy’, Jay Z Reveals / Most Influential People In Nigeria’s Entertainment Industry / Guess The Star Who Turned Into A Street Hustler

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.