Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,648 members, 7,809,452 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:53 AM

Investing In Polythene Shoping Bag Plant - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Investing In Polythene Shoping Bag Plant (1853 Views)

Oando Kano Selling Fuel In Polythene Bags / Help On Polythene Shoping Bag Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Investing In Polythene Shoping Bag Plant by kufre2010: 8:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
Polythene shopping bags have vast domestic and commercial uses: they are used for
shopping, wrapping of bread, popcorn, exercise books, food items, pure water and a
multitude of other products. Because of their cheap nature, these bags are used frequently
and discarded thereby giving them very high repurchase ratios. For example, once a
shopping bag is used to carry meat or shrimps, it is discarded after use. Authoritative
industry sources indicate that annual consumption of polythene bags in Nigeria is well
over 300 million tons (domestic and commercial use only). Opportunities abound for
small scale businessmen and women to choose profitable niches in the shopping bag
market and play deep there-in. From the supply side of the market, it is important to note
that there is no clear market leader because of entry requirements. Prospective investors
should also explore the possibility of producing customized bags for big clients like
supermarkets.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
The plant under consideration is a small scale plant capable of producing a very wide
range of polythene bags. On a single shift of 8 hours per day, the plant is capable of
producing 3,000 polythene bags daily. Working on three shifts of 8 hours each per day,
the plant can produce 3,285,000 bags of different shapes, designs and sizes per annum.
However, this write up assumes 2 shifts of 8 hours each per day and 300 working days in
a year. The core equipment required includes the shopping bag making machine, moulds,
hydraulic perforator. Basic raw materials for polythene are available locally and in very
large quantities. The manufacturing process is based on thermal transfer using double ply
polythene introduced from an adjustable roller into a thermal diagonal lane where cutting
and sealing takes place. Sealing temperature can be controlled and varied by the use of
temperature control.

Technical Data and Financial Data

Estimating the Size of the Market
Plant installed capacity: 3,285,000 polythene
bags per annum
Attainable capacity: 2,956,500 polythene
bags per annum
Proposed capacity: 1,800,000 polythene
bags per annum

Power NEPA or 2.2KVA
generator

Machine feature:
Adjustable roller, Jaw
Controlled Cutter and
Sealing timer.
Pre-Investment outlays 30,000
Rent/Accommodation (2yrs) 60,000
Machine / Equipment 100,000
Utilities 50,000
Working Capital 100,000
Total project Cost 340,000
Projected year 1 Income 7,000,000
Projected year 1 Expenses 3,500,000
Projected year Profit 3,500,000

http://www.startup-naija..com/2013/09/investing-in-polythene-shopping-bag.html
Re: Investing In Polythene Shoping Bag Plant by osca123(m): 9:32pm On Sep 03, 2013
ebook selling is what u know about. Dont say what u dnt know thereby misleading people. Are u into this nylon biz?
Re: Investing In Polythene Shoping Bag Plant by druz(m): 5:55am On Sep 04, 2013
Pls, ar u into this biz, wil lik 2 knw more abt it. Mi email okwarandrew@gmail.com
Re: Investing In Polythene Shoping Bag Plant by kufre2010: 11:01am On Sep 04, 2013
No I'm not into it but i received this information from those that are into it. This is just basic you have to research for more detailed info before you venture into it. or you can comment on my blog for more info and i will be clad to post it there. Thanks
Re: Investing In Polythene Shoping Bag Plant by kufre2010: 11:02am On Sep 04, 2013
No I'm not into it but i received this information from those that are into it. This is just basic you have to research for more detailed info before you venture into it. or if more people comment on my blog for more info and i will be clad to post it there. thanks
Re: Investing In Polythene Shoping Bag Plant by kufre2010: 11:03am On Sep 04, 2013
No I'm not into it but i received this information from those that are into it. This is just basic you have to research for more detailed info before you venture into it. or if more people comment on my blog for detailed info i will be clad to post it there. or you can send me your email for details. thanks
Re: Investing In Polythene Shoping Bag Plant by druz(m): 2:21pm On Sep 05, 2013
Dis is mi email okwarandrew@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

I Need Help On How To Get DPR Certification / Check In If You Are Interested In Importation. / Today I Want To Say A Big Thank You To Mr. Oluwaseun Osewa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.