Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,787 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style) (25048 Views)

Chicken Shawarma Or Beef Shawarma? / Beef Shawarma Recipe / How To Make Nigerian Style Cake? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style) by MissyDee: 9:37pm On Sep 03, 2013
Shawarma has got to be the most popular street snack almost everyone enjoys. It’s also pretty easy to make at home. The only hitch you might encounter is finding a good place close to your vicinity where the pita bread (Shawarma bread) could be bought. There are various types of shawarma such as Beef shawarma, Chicken shawarma, Fish shawarma, e.t.c and each shawarma has its own unique taste. Now I’m going to make it really simple. For the Hot press (To seal and Heat up the wrapped shawarma), you could make do with a sandwich Toaster if you’ve got one or simply a frying pan….They both serve the same function only that one heats both ways (Most times leaving Sandwich lines) and the other heats one way leaving no line at all. It’s pretty straight forward wink

•Prep time: Less than 20 minutes
•Cook time: Less than 30 minutes
•Yield: 10 Shawarma Wraps

Ingredients::: 
• 4 medium sized Carrots
• 1 small Cabbage
• 2 medium Sized Green bell pepper
• 1 medium sized cucumber
• 2 tbsp. chili powder
• Mayonnaise
• Ketchup
• 10 pieces Pita Bread(Shawarma bread)
• 14 chunks beef (You could also use Chicken or fish)
• 2 Scotch bonnets (Yellow/Red pepper)
• 1 small onion
• 2 seasoning cubes
• ¼ bulb Ginger
• 4 cloves Garlic 
• 1 tsp. Salt
• 1 tsp. Curry
• ½ tsp. thyme
• 3 tbsp. Vegetable oil

Directions:::

Step 1: Chop the cabbage, Grate the carrots, Dice the green pepper & slice the cucumber- Set aside separately

Step 2: Dice the beef and place in a Small pot. Blend the Onion, garlic, ginger, Scotch bonnets and pour into the pot with diced beef. Season with the stock cubes, Salt, Curry & thyme. Add some water and cook till tender for about 15mins. Once done, stir fry in vegetable oil for 3 mins. 

To assemble:::

Step 3: Get one pita bread and open the pocket (This divides it into two). Place one on top of the other. 

Step 4: Rub mayonnaise over the bread on top. Add the cabbage, carrot, cucumber, Beef – Sprinkle with powdered chili and drizzle with ketchup and more mayonnaise

Step 5: Fold to seal the contents and place on the pan (Greased with a little vegetable oil). Reduce the burner to the barest minimum and let the shawarma heat up on the side with the open flap . Flip and do the same for the other side. 

Step 6: Yep! Your beef shawarma is ready. Serve.

Remember, portion control is one of the secrets to healthy living……..So, indulge a ‘lil but stay healthy 
Source: www.dobbyssignature.com

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style) by merciie(f): 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
Thanks for the recipe missy, will def try it
Re: How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style) by ATMC(f): 3:47am On Sep 05, 2013
thanks...will try this soon it will be fun
Re: How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style) by degurl(f): 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
Easy enough. Thanks!
Re: How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style) by Nobody: 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
Yummy!!
Re: How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style) by maingwaest(f): 1:21pm On Sep 10, 2013
Hummmmmmmm . I ve to try this o but missy how can get the pita bread?or is there another way onre can go about the bread? I beg I de wait for ur response.
Re: How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style) by vivaciousvivi(f): 6:23pm On Sep 11, 2013
Wow, sounds so simple. Definitely trying this out. Thanks.
Re: How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style) by veave(f): 7:18pm On Sep 15, 2013
u can get pitbread from park n shop or shoprite abuja. i dont know if amigo still functions. buh u can get it there.cheesy
Re: How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style) by MissyDee: 7:23am On Sep 17, 2013
maingwaest: Hummmmmmmm . I ve to try this o but missy how can get the pita bread?or is there another way onre can go about the bread? I beg I de wait for ur response.

You can make it @home with flour, yeast, salt and water. Knead it to form a dough and roll out circles.with a rolling pin, flatten the small circles and place on a frying pan or oven. Leave to rise. Visit the link above to see how its done in pictures.
Re: How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style) by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 19, 2013
One minor detail, pita bread is made to rise/ puff so that is not the bread used in Nigerian sharwarma. the bread used is a flat bread, I think chapatti or tortilla is closer than the pita bread.
Re: How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style) by chidarl85: 12:56pm On Sep 19, 2013
Get your shawarma recipe and other recipes from http://www.chichiscuisine..com and stop paying big bucks outside for meals!!!

1 Share

Re: How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style) by victme1(m): 7:55am On Apr 19, 2016
Pls pls pls where can I get the heating machine to buy? Pls. My MB 08099432365
Re: How To Make Beef Shawarma At Home (nigerian Style) by Konquest: 4:02am On Dec 25, 2017
MissyDee:
Shawarma has got to be the most popular street snack almost everyone enjoys. It’s also pretty easy to make at home. The only hitch you might encounter is finding a good place close to your vicinity where the pita bread (Shawarma bread) could be bought. There are various types of shawarma such as Beef shawarma, Chicken shawarma, Fish shawarma, e.t.c and each shawarma has its own unique taste. Now I’m going to make it really simple. For the Hot press (To seal and Heat up the wrapped shawarma), you could make do with a sandwich Toaster if you’ve got one or simply a frying pan….They both serve the same function only that one heats both ways (Most times leaving Sandwich lines) and the other heats one way leaving no line at all. It’s pretty straight forward wink

•Prep time: Less than 20 minutes
•Cook time: Less than 30 minutes
•Yield: 10 Shawarma Wraps

Ingredients::: 
• 4 medium sized Carrots
• 1 small Cabbage
• 2 medium Sized Green bell pepper
• 1 medium sized cucumber
• 2 tbsp. chili powder
• Mayonnaise
• Ketchup
• 10 pieces Pita Bread(Shawarma bread)
• 14 chunks beef (You could also use Chicken or fish)
• 2 Scotch bonnets (Yellow/Red pepper)
• 1 small onion
• 2 seasoning cubes
• ¼ bulb Ginger
• 4 cloves Garlic 
• 1 tsp. Salt
• 1 tsp. Curry
• ½ tsp. thyme
• 3 tbsp. Vegetable oil

Directions:::

Step 1: Chop the cabbage, Grate the carrots, Dice the green pepper & slice the cucumber- Set aside separately

Step 2: Dice the beef and place in a Small pot. Blend the Onion, garlic, ginger, Scotch bonnets and pour into the pot with diced beef. Season with the stock cubes, Salt, Curry & thyme. Add some water and cook till tender for about 15mins. Once done, stir fry in vegetable oil for 3 mins. 

To assemble:::

Step 3: Get one pita bread and open the pocket (This divides it into two). Place one on top of the other. 

Step 4: Rub mayonnaise over the bread on top. Add the cabbage, carrot, cucumber, Beef – Sprinkle with powdered chili and drizzle with ketchup and more mayonnaise

Step 5: Fold to seal the contents and place on the pan (Greased with a little vegetable oil). Reduce the burner to the barest minimum and let the shawarma heat up on the side with the open flap . Flip and do the same for the other side. 

Step 6: Yep! Your beef shawarma is ready. Serve.

Remember, portion control is one of the secrets to healthy living……..So, indulge a ‘lil but stay healthy 
Source: www.dobbyssignature.com
^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^
Bumping this up... smiley

(1) (Reply)

Lagos and Ogun State..Lovely Yummy Cakes / What's The Weirdest Food Combo You've Heard Or Seen? / Man Dies After Winning Beer Drinking Competition In Spain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.