Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,872 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction (21706 Views)

How Dasuki Shared N30b 'Loot' To PDP, Reps, Anenih, Senator Ayu - The Nation / 49 PDP Senators Declare Support For Buhari / Four Abia Governorship Candidates Join PDP, Declare Support For Ikpeazu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by Nobody: 10:01am On Sep 04, 2013
torkaka:

but OBJ held it together, there was no faction and PDP didn't have a scare for a possibility of turning to a minority, thats leadership

LIE! There was a faction in 2006

1 Like

Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by VirginFinder: 10:02am On Sep 04, 2013
torkaka:

about 2/3 means you are not sitting safely you duck!! in the senate it means only 11 senators are short for a total overhaul of the president, it means kebbi, katsina, bauchi and the remaining two in Gombe have to be convinced for the civilian coup to done!!
now that's not an ideal situation my friend!

And who told you everybody in the other less than 2/3 have their minds set on impeaching the president?

Work with what you have now.Goat!
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 04, 2013
software man:
And were they going to plan a coup? They can only do that in an election.
Am sure you know that.or are you just talking to make yourself excited?!

Good you at least know that, so instead of running around from thread to thread to release your bile against GEJ, Why not wait until 2015 come
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by jorrey(m): 10:05am On Sep 04, 2013
Solarpower: thats 196
u'r talkng bout ryt? Since then til nw,naija's gdp has dropd. It did so under whose govt? Is it nt under d silly,selfish,visionless,clueless and blind leadershp of d North over a span of close to 30yrs? Go visit a doctor pls
Bros i think yaba left needs more patient, Cos he's practically saying thrash, the downfall of Nigeria is caused by selfish and greedy northerners. So y blaming GEJ for just 4years of reign knowing fully well that we still have crooks from the north in his government.
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by airfinance(m): 10:13am On Sep 04, 2013
payless: Obasanjo is a vindictive human being that never forgives anyone. Obasanjo is currently pretending to be a peacemaker, but the fact is that Obasanjo is working to hit Jonathan where it hurts. My family knows Obasanjo's family of Egba Owu. Obasanjo is from a family and clan that forgives no one.

Dark days ahead for Jonathan. Whoever led Jonathan astray must be flogged big time. From the begining, Jonathan meant well until certain people let him disrespect the people who worked for him to get to the top. Why would someone like me who was all over internet campaigning for Jonathan in 2010 turn against Jonathan? My entire family, friends, cousins and many others voted for Jonathan. Jonathan has bitten the fingers that fed him.
And who the hell is obansanjo that he can not forgive?does he called himself God or mouthpiece of all nigerians,result of his atrocities is what the nation is facing now,or does he think nigerians have forgotten so soon how ne manipulated the entire country with deception along with his ex.general,anninih inclusive,impose a sicked man as the president of nigeria along with a daft and unpolitical, lack of public administartive inclined vice as at that time(jona)now the pendilum is swinging unfavorably to this old tout obj,and u are saying he is unforgiving. I hope he doenst die with this.
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by IYANGBALI: 10:15am On Sep 04, 2013
Thank God for this division,confusion and crisis in pdp. Na baba God do am for naija. Foolish people
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by IYANGBALI: 10:17am On Sep 04, 2013
airfinance:
And who the hell is obansanjo that he can not forgive?does he called himself God or mouthpiece of all nigerians,result of his atrocities is what the nation is facing now,or does he think nigerians have forgotten so soon how ne manipulated the entire country with deception along with his ex.general,anninih inclusive,impose a sicked man as the president of nigeria along with a daft and unpolitical, lack of public administartive inclined vice as at that time(jona)now the pendilum is swinging unfavorably to this old tout obj,and u are saying he is unforgiving. I hope he doenst die with this.
the guy said the truth,take it or leave it.
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by softwareman(m): 10:20am On Sep 04, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
The opposition has always been in control of the house of reps since Tambuwai defeated the PDP candidate in 2011. So NOTHING has changed.

It can only make a difference if they'll attempt to impeach the president BUT they CANNOT. The NASS cannot attempt any impeachment process. The worst they can do is the usual noise making and delay passage of important bills. All these charade is just for noise, noise and more noise. The renegade PDP members are all over the courts seeking for one relief or the other. Its noise, noise and more noise.

GEJ has full control of PDP structures and would win the primary election any day, any time. That is what matter. The president has enough time to erect new structures in those few states for the purpose of securing atleast 25% of votes cast in 2015 elections.

Meanwhile, all the names on that list are house of reps members loyal to one or more godfathers who LOST OUT in the PDP power play. Its either they'r loyal to Atiku (who lost out in the entire PDP power struggle, first in 2007 and again in 2011), OBJ (lost his position as BOT chair, his loyalists in the PDP leadership were sent packing), Oyinlola (an OBJ man who lost his position as national secretary of PDP), the seven governors (lost out in the struggle for PDP presidential primary ticket) and IBB ( lost out in the PDP since the days of OBJ). Some of the legislators lost out with their home state governors (who are not members of the G-7).

So in essence, these are collection or gathering of LOSERS. To make matters worse, some of these LOSERS have fought each other at one point or the other in the past. For instance, the current governor of Adamawa state and Atiku have fought and badly injured each othe since the days of OBJ and even as recently as in 2011. These LOSERS maybe united in wanting the down fall of GEJ, but they cannot even work together for more than a few weeks.

While it is imperative that the president and other party leaders should try to resolve RESOLVABLE differences, since no political party would be happy to lose any member, the president cannot lose sleep over the shenanigans of some LOSERS. Unresolvable differences will be settled at the general elections, where the Nigerian people would have the final say.

The president was present all through yesterday at an event organised by Nigeria Economic Summit Group and did not appear to be losing sleep over the antics of these LOSERS. With the PDP primary ticket already in the bag, all the president has to worry about is the general elections and how to continue to deliver the dividends of democracy to the Nigerian people, who careless about the antics or tricks of some loser politicians.

The ongoing fight amongst Nigerian politicians is at cross purpose with the desires of the Nigerian people. What Nigerians/the man on the streets care about are reforms that'll make their life better. They'r eagerly awaiting conclusion of the power sector privatisation, more progress in the rail transport system, construction or repair of more roads, resolution of ASUU strike, completion of the ongoing standard guage rail lines, fast tracking of work on Abuja light rail, more dividends from the agric reforms, more job opportunities through more initiatives like YOUWIN,etc,etc.

Meanwhile, it is difficult not to note that over 95% of those lawmakers are from the north. The born to rule mentality. From 2011 till middle of this year when State of emergency was declared and Shekau killed, the president was distracted with Boko Haram. Now that Boko Haram appear to be going down, they'v resorted to other dirty antics. Well, the end will justify the means and POSTERITY will judge everyone of us.
Shaking my head. The usual delusional tendency of jonathan apologist to underestimate and dismiss adversaries. Right from the beginning of your senseless drivel I knew where you are going.
Is Jonathan desperation for 2015 for the Nigerian people or for his own selfish purpose?
is your clannish, tribal and blind support for Jonathan for the Nigerian people or to promote regional interest and agenda?
In your typical hypocrit8cal tendency you are accusing northerners of precisely the same thing as you south easterners are doing:
If Jonathan were from the north would you be doing all these propaganda on his behalf? honestly your duplicity is very shameful.
You keep rehashing the same press hand outs from labaran maku on imaginary achievements of the Jonathan administration as if Nigerian do live in this country. Generation of 4000 megawatts was a target since 2002. Today after billions of dollars down the drain, as I write this, it is around 2600 mega watts. Do you people have any shame at all?

10 Likes

Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by airfinance(m): 10:22am On Sep 04, 2013
maxwello.yg:

I THINK I saw one Igbo. Sometimes I can't differentiate between Yoruba Moslem name and Hausa names!!
90percent of them are Hausas.
Why do Hausas love power too much?
Much as i agree with you that the hausas loves power so much,i also expect some south south members to endorse this faction if they are not bias as well when it comes to national politics,cos you can not have total support in politics at all region.my brother i think politics in nigeria is run base on ethnic affliliation and regional difference,no region is exempted if no single member from south south support this faction..i believe if it were to be the other way round,majority would support from the south south region.
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 04, 2013
zegbeye:

No mind the guy,Solomon Lar led a faction during the obasanjo's regime.

1 Like

Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 04, 2013
zegbeye:

and who was the factional chairman then?
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by airfinance(m): 10:25am On Sep 04, 2013
IYA NGBALI: the guy said the truth,take it or leave it.
he said the truth cos he knew the obasanjos,iam not against him i just wish baba would not die with such attitude cos it is bad.the man himself is bad.
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by VirginFinder: 10:27am On Sep 04, 2013
software man:
Shaking my head. The usual delusional tendency of jonathan apologist to underestimate and dismiss adversaries. Right from the beginning of your senseless drivel I knew where you are going.
Is Jonathan desperation for 2015 for the Nigerian people or for his own selfish purpose?
is your clannish, tribal and blind support for Jonathan for the Nigerian people or to promote regional interest and agenda?
In your typical hypocrit8cal tendency you are accusing northerners of precisely the same thing as you south easterners are doing:
If Jonathan were from the north would you be doing all these propaganda on his behalf? honestly your duplicity is very shameful.
You keep rehashing the same press hand outs from labaran maku on imaginary achievements of the Jonathan administration as if Nigerian do live in this country. Generation of 4000 megawatts was a target since 2002. Today after billions of dollars down the drain, as I write this, it is around 2600 mega watts. Do you people have any shame at all?

Do you know the meaning of sabotage? What of saboteur? And they are in every sector!

OBJ also spent billions of dollars on the power sector and didn't achieve much.

PHCN must never be govt-run. GEJ'll achieve this.
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by sundyke107: 10:27am On Sep 04, 2013
omenka:
The ''powermonger'' in this whole situation is the fisherman and his sheppo. If they arnt hungry for power, why cant he simply bow it in 2015? This situation isnt about tribe or religion as you pple always try to make gulible nigerians blieve. It's about respecting and honouring an agreement! Jonathan has tasted power and knows how sweet it is but it has completely corupted him. He is too desperate to cling onto it until 2019, but from the events of the last few days, if he doesnt start giving a whole lot of damns, he wouldnt see any sunrise from Aso Villa in 2014!

What agreement are you talking about? Must a northerner be the President of this NATION? For all I care, anybody can contest election in Nigeria irresptive of tribe. In fact, I have never voted for any PDP candidate in the past; but this time around, I will campaign and vote for GEJ come 2015. The desperation from these "BORN TO RULE" is unimaginable!!

They ruled for many years yet nothing to show for it...they should give others chance please!
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by softwareman(m): 10:30am On Sep 04, 2013
zegbeye:

Good you at least know that, so instead of running around from thread to thread to release your bile against GEJ, Why not wait until 2015 come
Sorry bro, I am just expressing my point of view. It is a public forum.
You said why have'nt the new PDP taken over the presidency. My response was that they cannot do that except in an election. Or were you expecting Jonathan to decamp to new PDP before the expiration of his tenure?
your suggestion that I should wait till 2015 before expressing my views about the current affairs in my country, I am sure you will agree with me , is laughable.

Please feel free to exercise your democratic right to express your views while I continue to enjoy mine.

If you do not agree with mine, state yours.

1 Like

Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by texaco1: 10:31am On Sep 04, 2013
sammie one: Why can't all these New PDP go form their own party or join APC. They all know PDP can not be defeated.
God bless you and your entire family for this wonderful comment.
People still don't realize that all these new PDP have not got the balls to leave PDP ,if they are tired of PDP let them just leave noone is begging or forcing them to stay.
One thing I know is that GEJ has been too weak in dealing with all these miscreants withing the party
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by softwareman(m): 10:37am On Sep 04, 2013
Virgin Finder:

Do you know the meaning of sabotage? What of saboteur? And they are in every sector!

OBJ also spent billions of dollars on the power sector and didn't achieve much.

PHCN must never be govt-run. GEJ'll achieve this.
Is obj not in PDP? Why is there no continuity between one PDP govt to another? It is very ridiculous that you Jonathan apologists always wants to repudiate PDP when it suits your argument. Jonathan and PDP are like siamese twins. You cannot separate the two.

1 Like

Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by figment232(m): 10:41am On Sep 04, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Stop twisting facts!

The North, South West, even some in the SE/SS like Rochas, Ameachi, Ngige, etc all want a change in leaderhip. It is about a LOT more than the North.
But at the end of the day its a Northern they are angling for.
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by Akainzo(m): 10:41am On Sep 04, 2013
Solarpower: keep on gettin at the president. The power thirsty abokis wil surely bow. Mst of d govnors dnt want GEJ cuz they r cmpletng their '8yrs' reign as govnors and wil be relegated 2d bench once 2015 govt commences. They r scared GEJ wil lash dia asses afta d elections. Why do d Abokis thnk it is dia's to rule? And 4ur info, i live in PortHarcourt, 'AMAECHI HAS DONE NOTHING'. U can kum and c thngs 4urslf. Sentiments apart!

It is people like you that make one want to swear at people. How can you say you in live in PH and claim that Amaechi has done nothing!!! Haba!

All the dualised road done since 2007 were all done by Odili or done by Asari & his boys ko? You do have a forked tongue and you a deceitful person.

1 Like

Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by Youngtekkey(m): 10:42am On Sep 04, 2013
airfinance:
are u crazy? the sick man as u called him tried his best and till now i still refer to him as the best president nigeria ever had,do u know dat man's vision,do u know the bold step he took to make all this well pls shut up ur stinking month and don't ever in ur life talk thrash of yara'dua

2 Likes

Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by Youngtekkey(m): 10:42am On Sep 04, 2013
airfinance:
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by albiol: 10:45am On Sep 04, 2013
What does doyin okupe have to say about this

1 Like

Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by Technocracy: 10:45am On Sep 04, 2013
How do u mean ethnic spectrum no igbo is on that list u can only find amaechis co-traitors so south-south, south east,south west,north central, just one or two youruba men, jonathan still has the majority of pdp and must complete his 8yrs whether hausa like it or not dnt forget katsina and bauchi are under his firm control (
payless: Members across ethnic spectrum saying no to the despot called Jonathan. I saw Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo on the list of Atiku faction.
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by Akainzo(m): 10:52am On Sep 04, 2013
enigmang:

Bless you ... I was hailing Amaechi before but I returned to port harcourt after 2years...

He has actually done nothing in this second tenure... The mono rail is the highest scan on earth .... And he MUST go to jail for that... He has started paying people to buy loyalty something he didn't do in his first tenure saying. "He has no godfathers to pay" portharcourt has actually gone to the dogs

Now your warped brain shifts to "he has done nothing in this second term", so in your wealth of knowledge, a monorail project would be completed in 2 years ko!

Let it be clear, it is because of foolish thoughts and grandstanding of people like you that most politicians do not come up with enduring projects that would take years to accomplish but rather they are forced to pander to doing things shallow people like you can see and therefore do re-surfacing of roads, this borehole or that hospital. If they all think big like Amaechi and plan for long term projects which is followed through by successive governments, Nigeria would be a better country.

You all shout Dubai and others, have you googled how long it took to build the new terminal at Heathrow? That monorail project would help Port Harcourt not to fall into the same mess of Lagos. Jakande instituted the Metro for Lagos back in 1982, if that vision had been completed, the transport mess in Lagos now wouldn't have been.
So my friend, you need to start thinking long term and big too.

1 Like

Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by resty4(m): 10:57am On Sep 04, 2013
Interesting! Figers crossed, all eyes r watching who laughs last as more episodes n scenes unfold dramatically in PDP.
But wait a minute,SEE:
most of d senators n reps r only loyalists 2 d 6 northern governors amechi atiku.
2. Their pretense is anchor on presidency 2015 4 north but wait beside amechi's loyalists 80 r muslems.then i ask whats d positn of middle belt?
3.whats d positn of northen xtians on presidency 2015? Only thinking aloud!
4 atiku am afraid wd b d doom of d new pdp.his obsessn & drive 4 power,his overambitn 2 govern naija wl soonest fratnalise new pdp unless taken 2 b their flagbearer.
5 truly d presidency is cornered,pressurized n in difficult scenaro but what next?
Finally all nigerians r watching as political gladiators strive 4 d soul of naija come 2015 electn.
Who wins only time,d unjust mediator n impartial judge wl tell. LONG LIVE D FED REP OF NIG.
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by Akainzo(m): 11:00am On Sep 04, 2013
sundyke107:

What agreement are you talking about? Must a northerner be the President of this NATION? For all I care, anybody can contest election in Nigeria irresptive of tribe. In fact, I have never voted for any PDP candidate in the past; but this time around, I will campaign and vote for GEJ come 2015. The desperation from these "BORN TO RULE" is unimaginable!!

They ruled for many years yet nothing to show for it...they should give others chance please!

Was it the same "Born To Rule" mentality that made them vote Jonathan (Non Northerner) over Atiku (Northerner) during the PDP Presidential primaries of 2011?

2 Likes

Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by drauj(m): 11:05am On Sep 04, 2013
maxwello.yg:

I THINK I saw one Igbo. Sometimes I can't differentiate between Yoruba Moslem name and Hausa names!!
90percent of them are Hausas.
Why do Hausas love power too much?
u will understand . . . so simply because they don't wanna be criticised they should keep shut no matter oppression . . . myopic sentimentalists
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by dozai: 11:05am On Sep 04, 2013
Awake9ja:

DO YOU MIND WHICH REGION THOSE LEADER'S OF YOUR DREAM WILL come FROM? hahaha funny dude.
the last time we check your Fulani/hausa doesn't want development they just want power back to core-north.
but you guys should count we the MB out of your desire.

sorry to tell you pal that we are really tired of you guys, if your people blv they can change naija let the begin by transforming almajiri system in the north.
Well said bru. That region has been allergic to development. i really dont know why. I have just been thinking if Islam really supports 1 rich man and others remain beggers But Oman, Bahrain, Saudi, UAE, and even Dubai citizens are so rich that they dont do menial jobs, but they are all moslems and they brought the religion. So why is ours different, why the keep them poor and impoverished mentality??. In as much as Jonah is working like sheep amongst wolves, The truth is anyone that is fighting tooth and nail to removes him is worse than him,
Re: 57 PDP Reps Declare Support For Atiku’s Faction by nuclearboy(m): 11:06am On Sep 04, 2013
texaco1:
God bless you and your entire family for this wonderful comment.
People still don't realize that all these new PDP have not got the balls to leave PDP ,if they are tired of PDP let them just leave noone is begging or forcing them to stay.
One thing I know is that GEJ has been too weak in dealing with all these miscreants withing the party

Its your right to have an opinion and I respect that !

But someone else can easily cancel out your argument thus - "Jonathan met these people in PDP! Where was he when Atiku paid 98 millionto register PDP? If Jonathan is tired of all of them and so SURE that he has the support of Nigerians, why doesn't he leave PDP, form another party and contest against them?"

If he believes he's so popular and doesn't need them! Cos he controls Army, Navy, Airforce, EFCC, police, DSS etc! So why must it be PDP?

when you consider that, you will realise its NOT YOUR support that matters to GEJ but their support! And that, is why he is begging

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

French Boko-Haram Hostage Escapes In Zaria On Okada / A Mobile App For Election Monitoring, Developed By Nigerians For Nigerians! / Police Detain Samuel Ogundipe Of Premium Times, Ask Him To Disclose His Source

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.