Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,210 members, 7,829,343 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo (11652 Views)

I Apologise To Edo People For Bringing Oshiomhole As Gov, Says Ize-iyamu / Group Offers Stowaway Teenager A Scholarship / DSS Questions Mother Of Stowaway Teenager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by bcomputer101: 7:15am On Sep 04, 2013
For the first time since August 24 when he made a daring flight in the tyre compartment of an Arik Air flight from Benin to Lagos, Daniel Oikhena, saw his mother, Evelyn, at the State headquarters of the Directorate of the State Security Services (DSS).

Daniel, a Junior Secondary School (JSS) I pupil in Benin, Edo State capital, was released from DSS custody yesterday morning to officials of the Ministry of Women’s Affairs and Social Development.

Mrs. Oikhena was informed of the processes her son would go through and later asked to go to the ministry for further briefing.

It was gathered that the government planned to send Daniel to a correctional facility before being allowed to return to school. Several efforts to see him and his mother failed until information filtered in that Governor Adams Oshiomhole would meet with Daniel at 3:30pm.

Daniel’s celebrity status was tested yesterday as government officials left their offices to catch a glimpse of the stowaway kid.

He rode into the Government House in the same car with the DSS State Director, Bakori Tukur.

Reporters were barred from recording Daniel’s entry as he was taken inside through a back door.

Daniel’s father, Osaigbovo, made a surprise appearance at the Government House shortly after his son and wife were taken inside.

He was not invited to join the meeting.

Osaigbovo said he was a commercial bus driver and that he was told about the scholarship offer by his wife.

The father, who was accompanied by some of his relatives, denied allegations that they showed up because of the scholarship offer.

He said he has been taking care of his children contrary to the uncaring attitude of his wife.

Osaigbovo (44) said he had a problem with his wife to whom he had been married for the past 20 years.

He displayed a photograph of himself and two of his children during a family outing.

“I came to tell the world that I am Daniel’s father. His mother and I had a misunderstanding last year. I did not leave my home. I invited my wife to join me but she said where I was staying was too far and she decided to stay away. It is a lie that I have not been taking care of my four children. We are not divorced.”

On why he has been quiet about his son’s predicament, Osaigbovo said his wife asked him to calm down that she would take care of everything.

“I went with her to the police station but she said I should keep quiet.

“I was shocked when I heard the news. Initially, I thought my son was kidnapped but I thank God he is alive. I am here to make sure my son is really alive. I am not married to another woman. My wife refused to give my number to the DSS when they asked for it .

“My son likes movies. He is quiet and easy going.”

A volunteer group, De RAUFs, which had indicated interest in Daniel’s welfare was at the Government House.

Represented by Yinka Muyiwa, head of its legal team, De RAUFs said it came to Edo State to reaffirm the scholarship it earlier gave the lad to continue his education up to university level.

Muyiwa said: “The boy did not commit any offence and as such should not be detained any longer.

“The boy had to do what he did because the system failed him. There was no crime involved in what he did as far as we are concerned.”

Source: www.thenationonlineng.net/new/stowaway-teen-returns-to-edo-2/
Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by JUO(m): 7:26am On Sep 04, 2013
the boy papa dey fine story

1 Like

Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by Nobody: 7:34am On Sep 04, 2013
This Kid is just amazing.. What am i? 2nd abi?... MOD, remember i did not say END TIME TINZ
Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by livingstoneony(m): 7:35am On Sep 04, 2013
cool kid...# he's got guts.
Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by moscobabs(m): 8:16am On Sep 04, 2013
is gud to be a celebrity ooo,abeg wetin me too fit do wey go make me popular like this.
Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by yunglykmine(m): 8:27am On Sep 04, 2013
Courageous kid.
But that scholarship thing is a NO, NO.. That can actually encourage other kids & parents to venture into the stowaway thing. Edo Gov't should only help to monitor the kid.

4 Likes

Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by Durance(m): 8:39am On Sep 04, 2013
moscobabs: is gud to be a celebrity ooo,abeg wetin me too fit do wey go make me popular like this.
drink acid

3 Likes

Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by ayoade2: 8:41am On Sep 04, 2013
Someone should please tell the truant father that absconded from his family that scholarship will not make the boy rich o. No cash will be given to the boy. Irresponsible!!!

6 Likes

Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by royale442(m): 8:42am On Sep 04, 2013
...Still thinking of what to type...
Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by eightsin(m): 8:45am On Sep 04, 2013
Total rubbish!! Nigeria has made it a habit to reward stupidity,foolishness, terrorist n militants n oda evil vices while d patriotic 1s get NOTHING. This inevitably encourages des criminal minds while grt minds dwindle. Its a pity.

12 Likes

Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by steffans(m): 8:45am On Sep 04, 2013
So bcuz d Boy is now a mini celebrity... He (the Dad)wants to benefit 4rm it too...

In anoda news.. I heard Dilish's dad 4rm Big Broda Africa has shown up.. After she won $300k

Men stop to dey Fall our hands abegs...

Pls be there for ur kids all d steps of d Way!!!

1 Like

Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by maxit2(m): 8:45am On Sep 04, 2013
That boy does not intend to school.
If you ask me, this boy should be sent to a correctional facility. I don't know why folks are making a celebrity out of a nutcase.
What if he had died ? why does the FRSC punish you for not wearing your seat belt ? cos of you are endangering your OWN life.
Kid endangered his life and should be punished/corrected not celebrated.

6 Likes

Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by Tuntheycr7: 8:46am On Sep 04, 2013
see the mumuish father, his wife askd him to keep quiet abt it. shior !
i shal not b d tail bt d head of my family.
the boy is now a Celeb. Make dem free d poor boi o

1 Like

Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by Annie2gud(f): 8:51am On Sep 04, 2013
Runaway fathers.....Take note.

1 Like

Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by pendusky(m): 8:52am On Sep 04, 2013
the boy don make name!

1 Like

Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by Annie2gud(f): 8:52am On Sep 04, 2013
Hmmm Runaway fathers.....Take note.

1 Like

Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by Jaywilzee(m): 8:52am On Sep 04, 2013
Chai.....he is a celebrity now ooo....in america he'd b signing autographs ....'''Gota stow on dana airline to aso rock'''GEJ here I come...
Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by ichommy(m): 8:54am On Sep 04, 2013
They tot is on Terrorist mission?
Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 04, 2013
Welcome back Daniel..nor watch jack bauer again o
Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by kingarizona(m): 9:00am On Sep 04, 2013
This guy just turned celebrity over night!
Imagine Gov osho want to meet this wonder kid!

Conductor... Abeg stop me here, I no need change
Carry am dey go......
MUMMY_TOLA MU_HAND_MADE AIRPORT here I come...
Make me self to do my own
#fresh air# gringringrin
Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by tchigofigo(m): 9:09am On Sep 04, 2013
what do u think those guys are smoking over there at Benin?
Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by dejijohns(m): 9:09am On Sep 04, 2013
eightsin: Total rubbish!! Nigeria has made it a habit to reward stupidity,foolishness, terrorist n militants n oda evil vices while d patriotic 1s get NOTHING. This inevitably encourages des criminal minds while grt minds dwindle. Its a pity.
Bros tak it easy na, lik U read(that is if U did) dre is nuttin criminal abt d boy's action. Moreova its scholarship he is beign given to better his lyf nt monetary reward...

1 Like

Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by Big4wig(m): 9:09am On Sep 04, 2013
The edo state HERO is back

FOOLISH BOY

2 Likes

Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by jhidey08(m): 9:16am On Sep 04, 2013
yunglykmine: Courageous kid.
But that scholarship thing is a NO, NO.. That can actually encourage other kids & parents to venture into the stowaway thing. Edo Gov't should only help to monitor the kid.
hw? Let other kids and parents venture into it na, and dey'll c d result.
Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by Nobody: 9:16am On Sep 04, 2013
bcomputer101:
On why he has been quiet about his son’s predicament, Osaigbovo said his wife asked him to calm down that she would take care of everything.

“I went with her to the police station but she said I should keep quiet.
This man got no shame. It is very clear that the woman is the one taking care of the children. If he is really the man in charge of his family, how can a woman tell him to keep quiet that she will take care of everything. Indeed, this woman is the one in charge. Mr man should find his square root asap! angry

2 Likes

Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by Fresia01(f): 9:20am On Sep 04, 2013
D boy na big boy oh! Very soon Gudluk go invite am 4 aso rock, make me go stowaway 4 dat izuchukwu bus wey dey go cotonou! If i hear say i no make frnt page make i knw wetin cause am! Buh all dis points 2 one tin.....iluminati!
Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by GenWOJUOLA(m): 9:20am On Sep 04, 2013
Yekpa!! See as d boy fortune turn overnyt. Imagine governor dey book appt to see d boy... Taxi, take me to benin airport sharply, no march brake oo, i no wan miss my flight.
Re: SSS Return Stowaway Teen Back To Edo by jhidey08(m): 9:22am On Sep 04, 2013
maxi-t:
That boy does not intend to school.
If you ask me, this boy should be sent to a correctional facility. I don't know why folks are making a celebrity out of a nutcase.
What if he had died ? why does the FRSC punish you for not wearing your seat belt ? cos of you are endangering your OWN life.
Kid endangered his life and should be punished/corrected not celebrated.
hw do u correct him apart 4rm bringing him up in a gud manner?? Instead he shld b jailed for life abi Or he shld face firing squad Use ur head na.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Senate Summons Emefiele, Others Over Bank Charges / Over-voting Had Been Defeated; But Vote-Manipulations Are Yet To Be Defeated / 7 Pragmatic Ways To End Boko Haram Insurgency: A Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.