Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,181 members, 7,953,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:44 PM

M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy (11257 Views)

Flavour Performs As Ambode Becomes Lagos State Governor / Brymo Becomes Lagos State Brand Ambassador / Dagogo Agbor Becomes Lagos Night Clubs Biggest Spender With N3m Per Night! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by obowunmi(m): 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2013
what does this even mean?
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by obowunmi(m): 2:42pm On Sep 04, 2013
Does it mean that there will be stable electricity in Nigeria? Will it be free to his family members? or another way to LOOT money?
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by nkpommpko(m): 2:43pm On Sep 04, 2013
MI, that is solar/ bicycle generated electricity, no fuel, and can give you lite for 10hrs, email ucheokwu@yahoo.com for how far,action speaks strong

Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by Nobody: 2:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
nkpom mpko: MI, that is solar/ bicycle generated electricity, no fuel, and can give you lite for 10hrs, email ucheokwu@yahoo.com for how far,action speaks strong
i wonder why you weren't chosen for the energy ambassador
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by lertee(f): 2:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
undecided undecided
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by webstradamus: 2:51pm On Sep 04, 2013
And since when did 1% of 18,000,000 become 18,000?

1 Like

Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by AnodaIT(m): 2:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
I thought they say Commissioner for Energy.
I for resign my job, go comot album
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by anonimi: 2:54pm On Sep 04, 2013
I guess this further shows how cluelessly unserious these ACN/APC guys are about POLICY.
They are obviously very strong in empty propaganda that ties in very well with music, entertainment and other effizy things while abandoning the BASIC services for the people whom they collect taxes from and on their BEHALF.

Was it not the other day these APC guys said they will focus on COAL, at their manifesto launch, as a RENEWABLE energy source
Now getting MI as ambassador for energy to further waste precious tax naira from residents of Lagos STATE.
Meanwhile people wey dem name nor be Mufutau MUMUtau go dey hail these bunch of scammers as VIABLE alternative to their fellow looters in PDP.
SMH!!!

2 Likes

Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by Joe50(m): 2:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
drnairalov: End time thingz....too much money in dis music dese dayz

so na dis guy act Jesus and we dey keep his pics in our home, thinking is Jesus Real Pic sad shocked shocked shocked lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
angry angry angry angry angry angry

Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 04, 2013
Gwekzy: Things time end

Little boy, havent you secondary school children resumed school

1 Like

Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by madjune(m): 3:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
THE WAY THEY ARE ABUSING THIS AMBASSADOR TAG AMAZES ME.
AMBASSADOR FOR EVERYTHING. NA FOREIGN AFFAIRS MINISTRY GET THAT POSITION O.
AND, FOR ONE TO BE AN AMBASSADOR FOR ANYHTHING, HE MUST HAVE SPENT YEARS LEARNING AND KNOWING EVERYTHING ABOUT THAT THING.
NOW, DID M.I STUDY "ENERGY" IN SKOOL?
WHAT ENERGY IS THIS SEF? I'M SURE M.I CANT EVEN DEFEND THAT.

1 Like

Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by moscobabs(m): 3:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
which means those End Time guys are right!!!!..so States are now getting Ambassador,end tym indeed
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by azimibraun: 3:36pm On Sep 04, 2013
MI and energy what is the nexus?
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by UjSizzle(f): 3:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
What does an Ambassador of Energy do? Naija and weird portfolio sef undecided
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by UjSizzle(f): 3:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
azimibraun: MI and energy what is the nexus?
I guess singing about transformers and NEPA pole made him worthy undecided
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by Pain(m): 3:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
What is the meaning of this?
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by naptu2: 4:15pm On Sep 04, 2013
That means my analysis was correct. The new strategy is conservation.

1) Conceive the first IPP to provide electricity to Lagos State: frustrated by Obasanjo.

2) Set up another IPP and try and buy the discos (Eko Distribution Company) because the law does not allow you to distribute power: it wasn't sold to them.

3) Build smaller IPPs and take government facilities off the national grid, so that private consumers will have more electricity.

4) Create clubs in schools and appoint goodwill ambassadors to raise awareness about energy conservation (energy saving bulbs, switch off the AC when you leave the room, etc) via songs, speeches, social media and plays.

(Although I thought that they would appoint Eldee as a goodwill ambassador because of his #lightupnigeria campaign).
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by solomon111(m): 4:17pm On Sep 04, 2013
PeterKbaba: Lagos State Government is beginning to position the state to be self-sufficient from the Fed Gov, so Lagos is a Country within Nigeria. Haven't you noticed that Lagos is the only state with the highest population in Africa and also as the highest number of Tribes, Immigrants & Foreigners from over the world living in peace.

Apart from Oil, Lagos State is the only reason most private legit foreign businesses are in Nigeria. It is in the interest of Nigeria, for Lagos to be autonomous from the Weak Fed Gov.
SECCEDE.!!!

1 Like

Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by talktrue1(m): 4:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
1st class graduates on specific areas are supposed to be used as Ambassadors so that young ones can emulate from them instead of using celebrities who don't even know anything about the product.
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by Delafruita(m): 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
A-town:
How can you teach people to conserve energy that you don't produce? Even if people leave their bulbs on 24/7, how does that change the fact that that bulb probably lights for approximately an hr or so per day on the average.
Misplaced priorities. Fix the so-called energy that you need to conserve first.

In other news, nigerians should be given the award for the MOST CONSERVATIVE ENERGY users in the world. We actually conserve energy without knowing it. We wash our dishes manually rather than using "dishwashers", We wash most of our clothes manually rather than using "washing machines", We use knifes and "tin cutters" rather than using electric openers, we use "cutlass" rather than lawn-mowers, we use "brooms" rather than electric vacuum machines,
Abeg we dey try. We don't need any energy conservation lessons. We should be the ones teaching others sef
is fixing the energy now the responsibility of the lagos state government?when did it become wrong to preserve or conserve the little we have?its in nigeria that people will leave all their bulbs on even in broad daylight.nigerans rarely make us of energy saving bulbs we rather prefer those that emit enormous hear because they are brighter.when did it become wrong to start to enlighten people on this?

To those asking if MI has a specialty in energy,are you guys for real?prior to his role in darfur,did clooney have a specialty in war relief?did aniston have a specialty before creating awareness on cancer?is tuface a pharmacist which by your analogy will be the prerequisite for his to be a Nafdac ambassador?celebrities have a followership that can be harnessed which is why they are the choice for brands,governments and nonprofits.Bono is one of the worlds. Foremost proponents of debt relief for poor nations but prior to 2001 he was just the lead singer for U2.I doubt MI will receive any form of payment for his efforts and this should serve as a clarion call to others to pick up a cause and champion it.millions of people screamed to the high heavens about child marriage but who got called to thrash issues with yerima?STELLA DAMASCUS.star power speaks and lagos state is wise enough to realise that
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by Orikinla(m): 5:09pm On Sep 04, 2013
What is that?

Not ambassador for music, but ener..what?
I have said it before and I say it again that Nigerians are the funniest creatures on earth. grin
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by naptu2: 5:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
[size=14pt]Goodwill ambassador[/size]

A Goodwill ambassador is an honorary title and often linked with non-profit related causes. Their primary function is to help non-profit organizations spread their message across. Predominantly, goodwill ambassadors are celebrity advocates or known personalities, who use their fame and talent to get funding, donations, encourage volunteers to participate and raise awareness towards the organization's cause. In the past many organizations such as UNESCO have endorsed their cause through UNESCO Goodwill Ambassador. These celebrities or known personalities are picked according to the organizations' intended audience and if fully invested in the cause they are promoting they can greatly influence the process of persuading others. Goodwill ambassadors make widely publicized visits to the world's most troubled regions, and make appeals on behalf of their people and the organization. For example, the United Nations Goodwill Ambassadors include famous celebrities like Angelina Jolie for UNHCR, David Beckham, Shakira for UNICEF, Christina Aguilera for WFP and Nicole Kidman for UN Women.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brand_ambassador

[size=14pt]Goodwill Ambassador[/size]

Goodwill Ambassador is a collective term sometimes used as a substitute honorific title or a title of honor for an Ambassador of Goodwill; but, most appropriately for a generic recognition, it is a job position or description that is usually indicated following the name of the individual recognized in the position. Goodwill ambassadors generally deliver goodwill or promote ideals from one entity to another, or to a population.

A goodwill ambassador may be an individual from one country who resides in or travels to another country, in a diplomatic mission (or international friendship mission) at a peer to peer level; that is: country to country, state to state, city to city; or, as an intermediary representing the people at the other extreme of an organization.

Goodwill Ambassadors have been an official (or unofficial) part of governments and cultures for as long as diplomacy has existed; to exchange gifts and presents; humanitarian relief; or development aid, using well known celebrities, scientists, authors, known activists, and other high society figures. Goodwill missions of countries are usually carried out or overseen by the head of state, and do not necessarily involve diplomatic credentials outside of a letter of presentation (or letter of credence). However some states do issue credentials that include diplomatic immunity for their goodwill ambassadors such as Haiti.[1]

Many governmental, multilateral, nongovernmental, and nonprofit organizations utilize goodwill ambassadors to promote their programs and reach out to others with programs that are based on good relations that are usually secular and apolitical. Among the organizations that use goodwill ambassadors to deliver agendas include Sister Cities, the United Nations, organizations of the United Nations, the African Union, Muscular Dystrophy Association, Rotary International, and many others including the government of the United States of America as seen in 2009 when former President Bill Clinton traveled to North Korea on a special goodwill mission[2] and the Commonwealth of Kentucky with the Kentucky colonels.

Alternate definition

Alternatively, Websters Online Dictionary presents a specialty definition for a goodwill ambassador as one that promotes goodwill and solicits trade for local business firms who are members of parent organization: Develops list of prospective clients from such sources as newspaper items, utility companies' records, and local merchants. Visits homes of new residents, prospective parents, recently married couples, engaged persons, and other prospects to explain and sell services available from local merchants. Usually presents token gifts or gift certificates to induce clients to use local services or purchase local merchandise. Prepares reports of services rendered and visits made for parent organization and member firms. May solicit new organization membership. May explain community services available. May organize clubs and plan parties for new residents.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goodwill_Ambassador
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by Chiopatra: 6:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
Na wa o ,me too I wan too be an ambassador o.must I be a celeb?
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by DaRocha: 6:56pm On Sep 04, 2013
princeokek: www.nairaland.com/attachments/1288345_CDocuments_and_SettingsAdministratorMy_DocumentsMy_Picturesmi_pngecd646370b2103fe9ef85b3a632d83ff
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1288346_CDocuments_and_SettingsAdministratorMy_DocumentsMy_Picturesmi3_png6e5f5bf4bf74329746c14e1f8888351b

It really is the era of the Chairman! First, MI was named UN ambassador for the Smuggling of Migrants. Then he became a Glo ambassador. And now, Africa’s number one rapper is the Lagos State Ambassador for Energy! Big congrats to my favorite rapper!

I need to say something here and it is a call to Nigerians to always look at the bright side of things and not only the bad part. I believe the Lagos State Government should be commended and not otherwise. Jude Abaga (a.k.a MI) is neither a Yoruba man nor is he from Lagos but he was made the Lagos State Ambassador for Energy. No one has come out to praise Gov. Fashola for this. If it was something else, some people will come out with venom and say unprintable things on nairaland. Let's always be objective. Thanks

http://celebgists..com/#sthash.b7xwCIm8.dpuf
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by natureem: 7:31pm On Sep 04, 2013
Somebody created a topic:Changes I would like to see on Nairaland.
https://www.nairaland.com/1399191/changes-like-see- nairaland
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
M.I Energy ambassador Does he know what energy is from a scientific perpective
What more can i say

#EndTimeTinz
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by gbokukueba(m): 10:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
Okija_juju: Ambassador for Energy

- WTF is his job description as Ambassador for Energy?!

- How would his position improve energy in Lagos?!

- Is it Energy Drink ambassador or Eletricity energy?!

- Does he earn a salary or is money involved?!

Typical Nigerian must everything be about money Can't some one just believe and support a cause
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by obowunmi(m): 10:33pm On Sep 04, 2013
gbokukueba:

Typical Nigerian must everything be about money Can't some one just believe and support a cause

What's wrong in asking questions?
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by gbokukueba(m): 10:42pm On Sep 04, 2013
obowunmi:

What's wrong in asking questions?

What kind of question is he asking? Oya you answer the question for him
Re: M.I Becomes Lagos Ambassador For Energy by iamdsam: 10:56pm On Sep 04, 2013
Nomski0: When will he see time to get his music career back on track? and give us hits?
This guy isn't in the game again. He got nothing to offer again. He's just around

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

D'banj And Tuface Idibia / Top Ten Most Handsome Nigerian Celebrities / Tekno Biography And Life History - Songs, Awards & Endorsements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.