Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,351 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 (22307 Views)

Who Do You Think Will Win The Glo Nigeria Premier League 2013/2014 Season? / Muslim Players In English Premier League 2013 / 10 Highest-paid Players In English Premier League 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by PurestBoy(m): 10:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
vislabraye: The two dogs I had in mind are in that list: German Shepherd and Poodle. I once had a German Shepherd while growing up and the dog was superb.
I've also had a mongrel: We sold it to a dog eater.

Is everything alright with you?
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by Smilingbob(m): 10:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
homesteady: Ahmed Musa for highest goal scorer
Mohammed Gambo 4 balloon d'or
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by moonme(m): 11:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
Another champions league season is here and how does it feel repping your favourite club in europe here in nigeria.well let's handle it!!! Buy and customize your favourite club's jerseys from us today! all your authentic club's jersey are available with us..... CONTACTS:BB 2682CD1F, Whatsapp 08081599157 |Hotline:08075500391,Email:Edgesjersey44@gmail.com & you can follow us on twitter @EDGES_JERSEY

Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by micfoley: 11:15pm On Sep 04, 2013
Nice. I heard abt this Mikel Agu of FC Porto some years back though he played for their youth team. I understand he is a very skillful attacking midfielder. Does anyone know if he is a first team player now? Has anyone seen him play and is he good enough for the Super Eagles?
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by tallceejay(m): 11:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
Afam4eva: I just have to give it to France though. They have really tried for African players. There's hardly any French club without an African player though mostly Francophone players. I wish these British people who only know how to collect can give back to Anglophone African players. Stingy people.

What do u mÉan " tried for African players" ? Are they doing us a favor. With all due respect, that mentality is wrong. If those guys playing in france weren't good enuf, they wudnt be offered contract in millions! Francophone or not
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by danjalingo: 12:27am On Sep 05, 2013
mosho2good: (Africans In The UEFA Champions
League 2013/2014)

This is END TIME TINZ.........

As far as Africa is concerned...

Africa are iwa dudu opolo dudu.

same to u. if time don end leave us alone naw, haba mana!
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by Afam4eva(m): 4:54am On Sep 05, 2013
nijanigga:
It's by merit not by quota. If the French teams have better players, you think they will import African players? Be real, dude.

tallceejay:
What do u mÉan " tried for African players" ? Are they doing us a favor. With all due respect, that mentality is wrong. If those guys playing in france weren't good enuf, they wudnt be offered contract in millions! Francophone or not
A lot of Nigerian players are good enough. Why are they not in foreign clubs? French clubs could as well buy their fellow European players but they have loads of African players. They're not like the English that were complaining some years back that the influx of foreign players is having it's toll on English football.
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by haybeejay020(m): 6:21am On Sep 05, 2013
tenovaten: How Many of this Players are in the Present Super Eagles apart from Efe Ambrose n MikeL? Or they are just players and Not Football Players :-)
...ahmed musa no b super eagles player? Mtchewww
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by Bondd: 7:36am On Sep 05, 2013
mosho2good: (Africans In The UEFA Champions
League 2013/2014)

This is END TIME TINZ.........

As far as Africa is concerned...

Africa are iwa dudu opolo dudu.
Where is the sense in this shii you wrote. Must you just talk.SIGH!!
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 05, 2013
9jadelta: racist club. not even a single African player
Can u imagine dat? God 4ever i chose to hate Man U until they start buying African Players.
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by Redcafe1: 10:06am On Sep 05, 2013
9jadelta: racist club. not even a single African player
Racist? Welback,Nani,Valencia,Evra,Young,Rio are all white then!
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by killuminati(m): 10:22am On Sep 05, 2013
Na jamb result be dis?
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by bizzlemie(m): 10:46am On Sep 05, 2013
Redcafe1:
Racist? Welback,Nani,Valencia,Evra,Young,Rio are all white then!

Help me ask them o! All of a sudden, a club is racist bcuz it hasn't signed an african player

When the likes of Quinton Fortune (South Africa), Manucho (Angola), Mame Diouf (Senegal) and Eric Djemba Djemba (Cameroun) played for Man Utd, it wasn't "racist" abi?

If the club had no black player on their payroll, then we would've understood that the club is racist. But Nani? Welbeck? Evra?.....haba!

Some people will just get all sentimental for nothing!
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by mystikal(m): 10:53am On Sep 05, 2013
Afam4eva: I just have to give it to France though. They have really tried for African players. There's hardly any French club without an African player though mostly Francophone players. I wish these British people who only know how to collect can give back to Anglophone African players. Stingy people.

britain comes second on that list, there can only be one first place

1 Like

Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by ElziLaz(m): 11:14am On Sep 05, 2013
Serge Gnabry is an African. Born to an Ivorian father and a German mother. Bt choses to play for Germany.
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by Nobody: 12:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
Chanchit:

Na ur brain black pass, btw, what has end time got to do with this thread..? It only shows ur time is near.
abeg help me ask dem, if mango fruit fall from d tree na end tym, na now end tym start
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 05, 2013
Bondd: Where is the sense in this shii you wrote. Must you just talk.SIGH!!
i no know 4 dis kind pple, e be lyk say na 2 watch d sky 4rm mornin till night be their work
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by CamillusUA: 12:25pm On Sep 05, 2013
ernestleon: My Oga when or where did you get this list?Mesbah is not an Ac Milan player since January and was never in Ac Milan champions league list,Bakaye Traoré is no longer an Ac Milan player and he wasn't included in the list too,Niang is an Ac MIlan player but he wasn't included in the list due to an error.So the African players from Ac Milan are Muntari and Constant.Please cancel the others.

Gud one bro! It seems like u're one of us (the red and black family). Well, M'baye Niang is a french u-21 int'l. I don't know of senegal ooo.
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by ernestleon(m): 8:25pm On Sep 05, 2013
Camillus U A:

Gud one bro! It seems like u're one of us (the red and black family). Well, M'baye Niang is a french u-21 int'l. I don't know of senegal ooo.
My oga I salute you,Yeah Niang chose the French rather than the senegalese.But op decided to consider him as an African even when he is French.
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by Ukeme453: 7:59am On Sep 06, 2013
This is lovely, keep the flag of Africa
Country flyin. Love u guys
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by marutimon: 8:40am On Sep 06, 2013
vladimiros: SERGE GNABRY IS GERMAN NOT AFRICAN

There are several players with duo nationality (like Daniel Boateng, Kevin Osei and so on). Serge Gnabry also has an Ivorian passport. Until he is 'booked' by one national team I chose to treat them as dual nationality. When asked in an interview Gnabry didn't exclude the possibility of playing for Ivory Coast.

Mbaye Niang will probably leave this list sooner than later, as he seemingly hasn't accepted the call up by Senegal.

---

As to the mistakes - thanks for pointing them out. I was using the official lists which were on UEFA's webpage, so AC Milan still probably had last years list. I will wait until next week and correct them then.

Funnily enough the list on UEFA's website still has Kevin Prince Boateng, but has already included Kaka... (and Mesbah mysteriously dissapeared, while others still feature).

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2014/clubs/club=50058/squad/index.html

Looking through the list I believe that is the only team where there are mistakes in the line-up.
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by marutimon: 8:46am On Sep 06, 2013
nijanigga: Most of them are just team members and fringe players,not CL level yet. Like Serge Gnabry (Cote d'Ivoire), Daniel Boateng, Emmanuel Frimpong (both Ghana) are far from featuring for Arsenal in CL,may be year(s) to come.

Actually btoh Frimpong and Serge Gnabry already featured several times in the Champions League and Emmanuel Frimpong looks set to get even more playing time this season. Nonetheless I agree that for the moment they are pretty fringe players, although Wenger seems to have great faith in Gnabry.

And most?
By my count about 40 of the players are in the first team. That said most African players in Pot I are fringe players (accept for Samuel Eto'o and possibly Mikel).
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by marutimon: 8:56am On Sep 06, 2013
Italiano1:

Neither is Frimpong of Arsenal, he is British of Ghanian descent.

Slight difference: both parents are Ghanaian and Frimpong was born in Ghana.
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by marutimon: 7:59pm On Dec 13, 2013
Subject to changes during the winter.

GROUP WINNERS:
ARSENAL FC (3): Serge Gnabry (Cote d'Ivoire), Daniel Boateng, Emmanuel Frimpong (both Ghana)
CHELSEA (3): Mikel Obi (Nigeria), Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon), Demba Ba (Senegal)
BARCELONA (3): Alex Song, Jean Marie Dongou (both Cameroon), Adama Traore (Mali)
PARIS SAINT GERMAIN (2): Mory Diaw (Senegal), Khalifa Traore (Mali)
BORUSSIA DORTMUND (1): Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon)
BAYERN MUNICH (0)
MANCHESTER UNITED (0)
REAL MADRID (0)

SECOND PLACED:
GALATASARAY (5): Emmanuel Eboué, Didier Drogba (both Cote d'Ivoire), Aurélien Chedjou, Dany Nounkeu (both Cameroon), Nordin Amrabat (Morocco)
OLYMPIAKOS FC (5): Carl Medjani (Algeria), Sambou Yatabaré (Mali), Gaetan Bong (Cameroon), Delvin Ndinga (Congo), Michael Olaitan (Nigeria)
SCHALKE 04 (3): Joel Matip (Cameroon), Chinedu Obasi (Nigeria), Kevin Prince Boateng (Ghana)
AC MILAN (2): Sulley Muntari (Ghana), Kevin Constant (Guinea)
ATLETICO DE MADRID (2): Fallou Gallas Wade, Momar Ndoye (both Senegal)
MANCHESTER CITY (1): Yaya Toure (Cote d'Ivoire)
BAYER LEVERKUSEN (0)
FC ZENIT (0)

30 players left out of 63 from 10 countries.

DIVISION BY COUNTRY:
7 PLAYERS: CAMEROON
4 PLAYERS: SENEGAL, GHANA, COTE D'IVOIRE
3 PLAYERS: NIGERIA, MALI
1 PLAYER: CONGO, MOROCCO, GUINEA, GABON, ALGERIA

The 5 dominant forces: Cameroon, Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire, Senegal, Senegal.

5 out of 16 clubs have no African players.

DIVISION BY COUNTRY OF CLUB:
England: 7
Spain: 5
Greece: 5
Turkey: 5
Germany: 4
France: 2
Italy: 2
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by naijanoni(m): 9:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by naijanoni(m): 9:56pm On Dec 13, 2013
marutimon: Subject to changes during the winter.

GROUP WINNERS:
ARSENAL FC (3): Serge Gnabry (Cote d'Ivoire), Daniel Boateng, Emmanuel Frimpong (both Ghana)
CHELSEA (3): Mikel Obi (Nigeria), Samuel Eto'o (Cameroon), Demba Ba (Senegal)
BARCELONA (3): Alex Song, Frank Bagnack, Jean Marie Dongou (all Cameroon)
PARIS SAINT GERMAIN (2): Mory Diaw (Senegal), Khalifa Traore (Mali),
BORUSSIA DORTMUND (1): Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Gabon)
BAYERN MUNICH (0)
MANCHESTER UNITED (0)
REAL MADRID (0)

SECOND PLACED:
GALATASARAY (5): Emmanuel Eboué, Didier Drogba (both Cote d'Ivoire), Aurélien Chedjou, Dany Nounkeu (both Cameroon), Nordin Amrabat (Morocco)
OLYMPIAKOS FC (5): Carl Medjani (Algeria), Sambou Yatabaré (Mali), Gaetan Bong (Cameroon), Delvin Ndinga (Congo), Michael Olaitan (Nigeria)
SCHALKE 04 (3): Joel Matip (Cameroon), Chinedu Obasi (Nigeria), Kevin Prince Boateng (Ghana)
AC MILAN (2): Sulley Muntari (Ghana), Kevin Constant (Guinea)
ATLETICO DE MADRID (2): Fallou Gallas Wade, Momar Ndoye (both Senegal)
MANCHESTER CITY (1): Yaya Toure (Cote d'Ivoire)
BAYER LEVERKUSEN (0)
FC ZENIT (0)

30 players left out of 63 from 10 countries.

DIVISION BY COUNTRY:
8 PLAYERS: CAMEROON
4 PLAYERS: SENEGAL, GHANA, COTE D'IVOIRE
3 PLAYERS: NIGERIA
2 PLAYERS: MALI
1 PLAYER: CONGO, MOROCCO, GUINEA, GABON, ALGERIA

The 5 dominant forces: Cameroon, Ghana, Cote d'Ivoire, Senegal, Senegal.

5 out of 16 clubs have no African players.

DIVISION BY COUNTRY OF CLUB:
England: 7
Spain: 5
Greece: 5
Turkey: 5
Germany: 4
France: 2
Italy: 2
Why are u listing daniel boateng and frimpong that are reserve players at arsenal and havent kicked a ball this season and are both unlikely to feature at all for arsenal this season.And also daniel boateng isnt yet a ghanaian international.In that case,You should have included chuba akpom(arsenal) who has is also nigerian and has played more this season for arsenal than both players,Kenneth omeruo(Chelsea).
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by naijanoni(m): 10:04pm On Dec 13, 2013
Both frimpong and boateng dont even make arsenal's bench even in capital one cup games.To me,They are not arsenal 1st team players.Akpom has come in as a substitute in some arsenal matches this season,he has started some games in d capital one cup and he has been listed on the bench in some of arsenal's epl matches.He is ahead of both frimpong and boateng at arsenal currently.
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by marutimon: 1:03am On Dec 14, 2013
naija noni: Both frimpong and boateng dont even make arsenal's bench even in capital one cup games.To me,They are not arsenal 1st team players.Akpom has come in as a substitute in some arsenal matches this season,he has started some games in d capital one cup and he has been listed on the bench in some of arsenal's epl matches.He is ahead of both frimpong and boateng at arsenal currently.

:-)
I only list players that were entered into champions league squads. Akpom wasn't mentioned like other players such as zelalem because their only associatio so far is with non-african national sides. If anything i shoul probably pull out gnabry.
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by naijanoni(m): 4:05am On Dec 14, 2013
marutimon:

:-)
I only list players that were entered into champions league squads. Akpom wasn't mentioned like other players such as zelalem because their only associatio so far is with non-african national sides. If anything i shoul probably pull out gnabry.
Frimpong and boateng weren't listed in arsenal's champions league squad and so are many players on that list.Boateng hasnt even made any first team appearance for arsenal unlike akpom.Boateng is yet to earn any cap for ghana.He is just an english player that is eligible to play for ghana and so is Akpom.
If u listed frimpong,then u should have listed omeruo becos neither frimpong nor omeruo were listed in the champions league squads for their respective clubs.
If u listed boateng,then u should have listed Akpom,becos neither of them has earned a cap with an african national team.Both are not yet ghanaian/nigerian internationals.
Re: Africans In The UEFA Champions League 2013/2014 by marutimon: 11:13am On Dec 14, 2013
1. Yes, they were listed. Not as part of the 25 player squad, but as part of the U21 youth players eligible under UEFA Champions League rules. Proof:
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2014/clubs/club=52280/index.html

2. As far as I'm aware Akpom doesn't even have a Nigerian passport, unlike Serge Gnabry who does have an Ivorian passport (plus Ivory Coast are currently trying to 'book him' to play for them).

3. Boateng has a Ghanaian passport and was part of Ghanaian youth teams. Unlike Akpom, who has neither.

4. Omeruo was not entered into the Champions League squad for Chelsea.
Proof:
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2014/clubs/club=52914/squad/index.html

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Messi, Aguero, Icardi, Dybala In Argentina's 35 Man Provisional World Cup Squad / Which Club Jersey Do You Think Is The Finest? / Jujuman Caught In Ghana's Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.