Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,921 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:32 PM

Through My Eyes Project For Nigerian Photograhers And Creative Writers - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Through My Eyes Project For Nigerian Photograhers And Creative Writers (516 Views)

Creative Writers Needed. / Seasoned Creative Writers Needed Urgently. / Good Creative Writers Wanted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Through My Eyes Project For Nigerian Photograhers And Creative Writers by dekins: 7:28pm On Sep 04, 2013
Through My Eyes Project for Nigerian Photograhers and Creative Writers| British Council
Deadline: 16 September 2013
The British Council Nigeria is pleased to invite applications from photographers and creative writers for
Through My Eyes project. This project will involve workshop and training for young photographers and creative writers in Nigeria.
According to the British Council Nigeria Next Generation report; ‘Youths not oil will be Nigeria’s most valuable resource by 2030’. The aim of this project is to equip young people with the skills and opportunity they need to develop a positive awareness of their communities in order to stimulate change for development.
Project Brief
This project aims to develop positive community engagement among the 18 – 35 year old audience by facilitating a positive awareness of their communities. This will be through the creation of new artistic products that have potential to facilitate change for development. The project will involve 10 pairs (A photographer and a creative writer) of young people using photography and creative writing to develop and raise a new awareness of their communities about various aspects of their community life.
They will investigate public spaces, inspirational figures and creative / cultural character of Nigeria using strong story telling techniques with high quality visual imaging using the Appreciative Model of Enquiry. Expected outputs will be photographs accompanied with stories that allow the young people investigate what is working well in these communities and build on them for positive change. An exhibition of the products from this workshop will be held and the teams’ works will be voted by professionals and the members of the public. The winning team will get a £2,000 grant to produce more work about their community.
Criteria (Who should apply)

Young photographers and creative writers between the ages of 18 to 35 years of age.
Photographers and creative writers have to apply as a team of one photographer and one creative writer. Please note that submissions have to be made on the same application form.
The entry should contain a photograph taken by the photographer in his or her community (In line with project brief above) accompanied by a 200 word story by the creative writer accompanying the photograph submitted.
Team must show at least 2 years evidence of creative writing and photography. (please note that you can upload creative writing and pictures on social media platforms and send links with your application).
Each team must have a camera to work with for the project
Both photographer and creative writer must be available for the workshop from the 24 – 27 September 2013.
Deadline for submissions on the 16 September 2013.
Selected applicants will be notified on the 18 September 2013.
All applications should be made to cep.nigeria@ng.britishcouncil.org.

See more at http://infonownow..com/2013/09/through-my-eyes-project-for-nigerian.html

(1) (Reply)

The 6th Eco-generation Environmental Essay Competition / What Are Your Thoughts? / So This Is Love : A TOUCHING STORY

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.