Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,839 members, 7,838,015 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Building Backlinks: 3 Ways To Diversify Your Anchor Text - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Building Backlinks: 3 Ways To Diversify Your Anchor Text (813 Views)

Don't Gamble With SEO - Rank High On Google With Clean Backlinks / Big List Of Backlinks For Your Website / [download] Free High PR (PR8 To PR1) Do-follow Auto-approved Backlinks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Building Backlinks: 3 Ways To Diversify Your Anchor Text by FarmTech(m): 10:21pm On Sep 04, 2013
In this short thread, I want to share some tips that will help your site to rank high in Google.

If you have a website and you want it to appear in Google, you have to build backlinks to it. Now let’s assume that you want to rank for the keyphrase: “dog toilet training”. That is, whenever somebody searches for “dog toilet training”, your website will appear on the first page of Google.

To achieve this, you have to use the keyphrase in the anchor text of your backlink (Note: Anchor text is the word or phrase that is clickable). However, you don’t have to over-do it or else Google will penalize you and rank you lower. This penalty is popularly known as the Google over-optimization penalty. You can avoid the penalty by diversifying the phrases you use in your anchor texts. You can do that as follows:

Use Related Phrases: In our example here, related phrases can include “dog toilet training, potty training a dog, potty train a dog etc”. You can use the Google keyword tool to find such phrases. Note: Google keyword tool is now Google Keyword Planner.

Use Generic words: You must not use keyword-rich anchor texts all the time. Also use generic words like “click here, here’s the link, this article, here, this article, read more etc”.

Use Your URL: Here, you simply use your domain name (YourDomain.com).

You can also use singular and plural forms of your target keyphrase. By varying your anchor text this way, you’ll escape the Google over-optimization penalty.

I hope this tutorial really helped. If you have any question, please ask and I’ll reply as soon as possible.
Re: Building Backlinks: 3 Ways To Diversify Your Anchor Text by FarmTech(m): 12:45am On Sep 08, 2013
On a second thought, you can d away with generic keywords because there are 1000s of related words you can use to diversify your anchor text..

(1) (Reply)

Get Your Own Sms Website, Become A Reseller - O.Technologies (OTdesign) / Seun ! I Have An Issue / Web Traffic Manager

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.