Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,030 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:55 PM

What Are These Nigerian Language? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Are These Nigerian Language? (4278 Views)

See What These Nigerian Students Are Doing At A Birthday Party (see Photos) / The "basterdization" Of NIGERIAN Language. (Title Edited) / Have You Seem These Nigerian Scam Videos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are These Nigerian Language? by Gabry(f): 6:58am On Jun 16, 2008
Hi all,
As some of you know, I am Malaysian and have been active in Nairaland for some time but I was hoping if you could explain to me what are some of the meanings as stated below as I happen to noticed that most of you have been using these words and also I would love to learn something new. smiley

And also if you would like to add anything for my further knowledge, I would appreciate it. PLEASEEE. . . . Whatever you do, No BAD WORDS as I am underage!  grin

Here it goes:-
1) Na Wa / Na Wa Oh
2) Jare
3) Nne
4)abeg
5)Una
6) Halla
7) juju
8 ) fufu
9) dey
10) Gwote

Ok, I have more but will continue later onwards. Thank you.  wink
Re: What Are These Nigerian Language? by dre101(m): 11:43am On Jun 19, 2008
gabrywyl:

Here it goes:-
1) Na Wa / Na Wa Oh
2) Jare
3) Nne
4)abeg
5)Una
6) Halla
7) juju
8 ) fufu
9) dey

Hey gabrywyl, some of these words are either slang, pidgin English, or other Nigeria local languages
for example:
Nne is Igbo language meaning sister
Nna is Igbo language meaning brother
Abeg is pidgin meaning I Beg U
Fufu is a local food
dey is pidgin its being use in different ways, like:
who dey there = who is there
wey den dey = where are they
you dey talk to me? = Are you talking to me?

Wey is where?
wey d thing = where is the thing

Halla meaning frank, blunt etc

OK let me stop there, I am not 100% sure of the meaning am giving to you, this is from my intuitive cheesy
Re: What Are These Nigerian Language? by Gabry(f): 1:09am On Jun 20, 2008
Thanks dre. smiley
Re: What Are These Nigerian Language? by dre101(m): 1:31pm On Jun 27, 2008
Hey Gabry, what happened? your thread is lost "Who is Gabrywy --"
Re: What Are These Nigerian Language? by Gabry(f): 12:54am On Jun 28, 2008
dre101:

Hey Gabry, what happened? your thread is lost "Who is Gabrywy --"

Really Huh? I did not notice. Let me check.

Oh its not my thread. Its Delly's.
Re: What Are These Nigerian Language? by Gabry(f): 12:58am On Jun 28, 2008
DREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. . . . . . . . . NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

THE THREAD IS GONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE lipsrsealed undecided embarassed cry angry sad shocked

Do you know why?

When I went in, it says An Error Has Occurred!
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you. Now what does that means? sad
Re: What Are These Nigerian Language? by dre101(m): 11:58am On Jun 30, 2008
Hi, av you been able to rectify the problem?
Re: What Are These Nigerian Language? by Gabry(f): 1:36pm On Jun 30, 2008
dre101:

Hi, av you been able to rectify the problem?

Dre, I dont understand why is the thread missing out of a sudden without any notice or warning. Where can I rectify this problem to? undecided sad
Re: What Are These Nigerian Language? by dre101(m): 4:36pm On Jun 30, 2008
Since the thread is under General Discussion, there is no moderator for it, therefore get to talk to Seun to rectify the problem.
Re: What Are These Nigerian Language? by Gabry(f): 5:20pm On Jun 30, 2008
How do I talk to Seun? Where can I find him?
Re: What Are These Nigerian Language? by dre101(m): 8:40am On Jul 01, 2008
Hi,
mail me:it out
Re: What Are These Nigerian Language? by Gabry(f): 8:48am On Jul 01, 2008
dre101:

Hi,
mail me: bla bla

Ok sure Dre. Anyways, glad to keep in touch with you as I thought of leaving Nairaland for good.
Re: What Are These Nigerian Language? by AnthonyKil(m): 6:17am On Jul 02, 2008
gabrywyl:

Ok sure Dre. Anyways, glad to keep in touch with you as I thought of leaving Nairaland for good.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT LEAVE NOW!!! I HAVE JUST FOUND YOU!!! COME BACK IN HEREEE!!!
Re: What Are These Nigerian Language? by Gabry(f): 9:28am On Jul 03, 2008
AnthonyKil:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DONT LEAVE NOW!!! I HAVE JUST FOUND YOU!!! COME BACK IN HEREEE!!!

Well if you dont behave, I will leave for sure. See what you did? You even brought in Jake here (our dear friend hates chatting online and you brought him in here). . . . PLEASE dont bring anyone else especially not Scorpion!!! angry

(1) (Reply)

We Buy For You From 1688,taobao , Alibaba And Ship To Nigeria / Meet World 10 Most Evil Women In History, Number 6 Will Shock You / Concerning Our Dependence On Technology

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.