Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,599 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Tribal Marks - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Tribal Marks (1208 Views)

Photos: Are Tribal Marks Attractive Or Repulsive? / Culture Or Cruelty? Do We Still Need Tribal Marks?(pics) / What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tribal Marks by RedHotChic(f): 8:37am On Jun 16, 2008
Do you have any? If yes, do you like it or did you just accept it because you have no option? Do you also think that parents should let their children grow and make the decisions themselves? Will you give your children any tribal mark no matter how tiny?

Reason am asking: I've got a female friend here from Ibadan that has one. Her own is so pronounced and enveloped her beauty and it puts her down. She hates her parents because of that and I've suggested she go for plastic surgery because it's affecting her in the labour market in NY. For some reason, corporate America discriminates against tribal marks silently.
Re: Tribal Marks by Mustay(m): 5:48pm On Jun 16, 2008
Re: Tribal Marks by Mustay(m): 5:49pm On Jun 16, 2008
the above thread was BLOODY
Re: Tribal Marks by bigfather(m): 7:40pm On Jun 16, 2008
RedHotChic:

Do you have any? If yes, do you like it or did you just accept it because you have no option? Do you also think that parents should let their children grow and make the decisions themselves? Will you give your children any tribal mark no matter how tiny?

Reason am asking: I've got a female friend here from Ibadan that has one. Her own is so pronounced and enveloped her beauty and it puts her down. She hates her parents because of that and I've suggested she go for plastic surgery because it's affecting her in the labour market in NY. For some reason, corporate America discriminates against tribal marks silently.

This is absolutely rubbish, what has tribal marks got to do with someone's personality? This Americans sef ?! undecided
I have, though not that pronunced but i even hadly notice untill i check my face in the mirror. grin
Re: Tribal Marks by shuppie(f): 10:21pm On Jun 30, 2008
omg oluwa o, owa gombo si eke,,,,, abi he/she fought lion, lolllllllllllll grin grin grin grin grin grin grin, tribal mark sha in this age ta wa yi,
Re: Tribal Marks by TOH(f): 10:24pm On Jun 30, 2008
Mustay:

What Is The Significance Of The Yoruba Tribal Marks

Yea that was a good thread. grin
Re: Tribal Marks by shuppie(f): 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2008
the significance of tribal marks in the old days was to be able to recognise people of the same tribe, and family, but there is no need for it anymore now,
Re: Tribal Marks by rotimy(m): 7:57pm On Jul 01, 2008
I have three on each side of my face and I love them.

(1) (Reply)

Mistake Nigerians As Ghanaians And Vise Versa / What's The Implication Of Looking At Yourself In The Mirror On Your Wedding Day / Dakar Emerges As The Fashion Capitol For Francophone Africa - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.